Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Luminere: Tech Con Headquarters

Dominic made a sour face. "The Bishop? That guy's supposed to be impossible to get a hold of - much less hire." He shook his head. "I understand that my father wants to apprehend a criminal, but I feel like he's making this personal. What happens if we spend more money catching this thief than stole from us?" He leaned back. "If it was up to me, I'd turn this over to the Empire. Let them sick confessors on him. I bet they'd have him in a week." He smiled. "After all... theft of Tech Con property threatens national security."

"As for Graystone," Dominic continued, "I'm not thrilled about giving our rivals access to our computers. Can you guarantee that they won't use these new privileges to conduct corporate espionage on our assets?"

"The Bishop only answers bounties from the highest bidder." Adamus said, checking some notations. "I've already turned this over to the Empire, they've assigned IIA operatives to gather intelligence, and apprehend him. This guy's got an IIA dossier about as long as my resume." Adamus added. "The problem is; until now." he said, gesturing to a file at his desk. "His existence was conjecture and hearsay; but the Bishop's a man of results, and until now, the IIA had intel on this guy under lock and key."

"In exchange for Graystone getting a peak in our computers, and patching things up, we'll be getting the licensing rights to the T-65 Combat Skin, and our eggheads will be able to peek into Lunatea's brain." Adamus said.

"This man is considered an enemy of the state, and extremely dangerous; my friends back at the Precinct say it's treason to so much as give the guy a cookie."

Adamus leaned forward.

"And anyone I find helping the guy will get a one way ticket to the Confessor Cabal."

"Hm," Dominic mused. The acquisition of Lunatea would be a huge boon to Tech Con, and the power armor certainly didn't hurt. "Alright, but I don't think we need to show them everything. What did this Paragon guy take again? Our phase-shifting generator, right? Something else?" In fact, he had not. Paragon had stolen next-gen light combat-armor schematics, a prototype disruptor absorption capacitor and hardlight shield blueprints. "Let them peek into the stuff he's gotten his hands into, but not our more closely-guarded secrets."

The CEO leaned back, smiling. "Between us, Graystone, Bishop and the IIA, I think this little thief is about to be very sorry he crossed Tech Con. I bet we'll have him in binders before the next stock briefing."

Back