Luseths bedrooms and bathroom

Dreamless Realm

Restless writer
Benefactor
Life on the Edge GM
Pronouns
They/them
Lukais' bedroom

It has blue carpet flooring. There's a double bed with blue sheets and two nightstands, one of which is just a block of wood with a paper flower on it. On the other there is a small lamp. In front of the bed thre is a large wooden dresser, some family pictures on the wall and a rocking chair. To one side there is a standing mirror. The windows look to the front of the house, it connects with the living room and the Luseths bathroom.

Ishade's bedroom

It's messy, with some furniture specifically made to store canvases and paintings. There's many of them, big and small, stacked on top of each other, crammed wherever they fit. There's also a wooden standing mirror, a nightstand with an oil lamp on it, a dresser, a cushioned seat and two bunk beds. The bottom bed is used regularly, and there's some storage boxes on the top bunk. The only window looks to the garden. It connects with the Luseths bathroom, the Downstairs hallway and Ishade's study.

Luseths bathroom

It has white tile on the floor and walls. Well equipped, with a bathtub, a shower, a toilet and a sink. There's also a mirror and some cabinets with first aid supplies. The window looks to the garden, and it connects to Lukais' bedroom and Ishades' bedroom.

@Machina Somnium

This hadn't been the first time that Mitch had to make himself 'presentable' for some new tenants, but he still struggled with making himself look conventional for Lukais. It's not that he looked bad, but he didn't exactly look standard, either. Any attempt to gussy up, comb his hair, wear more formal dress, it ends up looking like a kid trying on his dad's work clothes.

Mitch could hear an automobile park up the front of the entryway, the bustle of new voices, and Lukais' signature hospitality. It was a familiar sound, but it was quite an exciting one, too. He stepped into the tiled bathroom, spick-and-span as it has ever been, and he opened up a cabinet to search for some hair ties. Ikanov was with him, but Mitch knew he didn't need much more than a pass-over with a hairbrush and be done with it.

"You know," Mitch began as he rifled through the various knick-knacks, not really actively searching for what he came in here for. "It's not like having a kid around here is going to suddenly make things a nightmare." He chuckled a little bit. "Unless you're worried she's going to call you mean words."

"I'm worried that Luka is way too excited about having a kid around. You've seen him when that frigid woman next door's terrors come around! Or, I think you've seen him. It's them first, and suddenly you can't smoke anywhere, or fuckin' lay around, or nap on a couch, or- or... God forbid you say anything he considers inappropriate! If I wanted that kinda treatment I'd stay at my house." Answered the blonde with a scowl. He couldn't be mad at Lukais' for wanting kids, it was the typical thing to want. He was the unconventional weirdo here, not Mister Luseth. But sometimes the older man was just too stereotypical and conventional. It suffocated him, like when someone tried to call him Mister Ikanov. No! It was just Ikanov. Abel to friends, Abe or bunny to lovers!.

"And I sure as hell ain't going back there. Ugh!" He was probably acting weird, and since Mitch couldn't read his mind, taking this way too personally and out of line. He was just watching the other look at random shit. He knew where the hairbrush was, he knew where everything was in this house. Ishade had more than once called it his super power.

"Maybe I should shower... feel free to go back. Play nice and all." He said, now looking in the mirror. He made a show of sniffing at his own clothes and cringing a bit. They were fine, really, he was pretending. He didn't know why he'd asked Mitch to come with him. He didn't expect him to understand... But he was definitely one of the people he liked the most right now, in the house.

Mitch listened calmly, with no interruptions, to Ikanov as he vented his frustrations. It hurt to cause such an adverse reaction, but it clearly was something that was bothering him for a bit, so Mitch stepped back. He finally found the hair tie he was haphazardly avoiding in the cabinet, and pulled it out.

It's definitely not a concern in which Ikanov was alone. Mitch is less than comfortable with the conventional household lifestyle. The nuclear family archetype is one that seems to oppose him directly. He certainly didn't have the best experiences with the conventional family structure that raised him. It seemed like Ikanov was the only other person in the household that understood that difficulty, but it's also one that Mitch never really made apparent.

"I didn't mean nothing by it, man." His voice was somber, but tranquil as he fidgeted with the hair tie, burying it into his hair. "It's not exactly my dream for this house to become this prim-and-proper, straight edge business, either. But it doesn't gotta be. I'm not gonna let it." He finished up tying his hair back. It was pretty half-assed, a loose strand or two that covered his face. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, and laughed sadly. "I mean, do I look like a family man to you?" He asked with a tinge of sardonic dejection.

He rolled his shoulders back and turned towards the door. "Well," he began to raise a hand to put on Ikanov's shoulder, but decided against it, and scratched his nose and exhaled quietly instead. "I'm here for you when you want me to be, and I'll get the fuck out when you don't want me to be. I'll see you out there, Abel." With that, he took his leave.

Last edited:
He let Mitch leave without coming up with some snarky, clever retort. He hadn't meant to... Had he bothered Mitch? It felt like he had. The way he'd scratched his nose had been awkward. But the way he'd spoken about himself had sounded so sad!.

"Damnit Abel, you ssstupid, stupid bitch" He said to his reflection in the mirror. One of these days he'd answer himself, bite his own tongue and die of blood loss. He'd find a way to make it up to Mitch sometime, later. It was going to be a long day, and a very alcohol rich night.

He undressed and got in the shower, leaving the water cold. It was what he deserved.

One cold shower later, which ended up being rather quick, since he didn't actually want to catch a cold or something else.

He was now toweling his hair dry-ish and trying to sort of style it so he'd be let into the nearest bar, pub or speakeasy. The closest, because he wasn't going to drive if he planned to return later that day, hopefully drunk. Later that night actually. After bedtime for a kid, which... Should be what, something around nine or ten?.

Once he was as dry as he would manage, he returned to Ishade's room to get dressed. He rummaged through some boxes where he knew he had stored pants and a shirt. Ah, one of his dresses, wrong box. He wasn't working tonight. Finally he found an outfit he liked, and paired it with his signature bad boy-ish leather jacket. Formal enough to be let into a bar, informal enough it would bother his dad and Luka if they saw him. But they wouldn't if he could avoid it. Now dressed, hair taken care of, he sneakily left the room and headed back to the entrance. Before going out he looked out the living room window to see who was out there. Satisfied with his findings, he left the house.

Luka went into his room and bathroom briefly to get changed, cleaned up and ready for dinner. He noticed someone had taken one of his hair ties, but it was no big deal. Ikanov was in here all the time. He was pretty quick, and once he was done he went to find the Dark so they'd come down to the dining room.

Ishade and Ikanov came in from the hallway, where Ishade had just grabbed Abel as he came in. There were so many ways to fuck up and he had somehow managed to check almost all the boxes.

"What the fuck are you doing Shad? What the fuck you scared the shit out of me" said Abel in angry whispers. But he went quiet when his friend hugged him tightly.

"You have to drink less you son of a bitch. Or stop fucking flirting with men. At least when you're not in a safe place. What if he'd gotten mad and started beating you or something?? He's one big bastard." He had had some moments of tension, Ishade, holding on to the barely open window. He had been ready to jump through, should Dark have reacted badly to Abel's provocations. They had been lucky.

"He wasn't gonna do that... To fucking sad over his wife or something. I could have gotten away." But it was a weak protest, and he let Ishade hug him a bit longer. Despite the smell of alcohol and piss. Until the other was reassured it was fine, and by then Abel had calmed down considerably.

He took a shower, and borrowed some night clothes from Ishade. They were big on him, long, but they were warm and comfy.

A while later, Ishade was annoyed enough by his rambling drunk delusions and told him to fuck off and find somewhere else to sleep. So he left the room, but stole a blanket in the process. And so Ikanov made his way upstairs.

Abel returned in a hurry to change his clothes, and leave the others in a hamper. He was glad Ishade wasn't in here, at least before he got in the shower. He wasn't sure if Mitch had seen him, he was pretty sure the witch of the north hadn't. So that was good. He got into he shower for a quick rinse trying to keep his hair as dry as possible.

He was mid-shower when Ishade arrived, also to shower and change. So he undressed in the bedroom after pounding the bathroom's door so Abel would get out of the damn shower already. He spent way too long in there.

"Where's my towel?!!" Yelled the blonde from the shower, he had turned it off and now he was cold.

"Lord almighty give me strength." Ishade opened the door to the bathroom and threw Ikanov his damn towel that he had forgotten outside. He barely got a -thank you- before he could go in. Abel had the big towel around himself, looking ridiculous. The younger Luseth just threw his clothes on top of the closed toilet, not even waiting for Ikanov to leave. They'd been friends too long to be concerned about seeing each other's asses. It was all bickering and some talking from there once Ishade finished his shower, until lunch time. When they both headed to the living room with damp hair. Abel had tried, and failed, to keep his hair dry-ish. Ishade hadn't bothered. Now both their shirts were a bit wet. They bet on if they'd get told off by Selene.

Back