Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Academie Delacroix

Script

Adorable Homewrecker
Benefactor
As written by Script

Some weeks ago...

The campus of Académie Delacroix more closely resembled the grounds of an estate than those of a school, a testament to the institute’s wealth. A private school with exorbitant fees (for Lutetia), it played host to the children of the nation’s elite, ranging from the heirs to sprawling mega-corporations, to the uppermost echelons of the Evêquec Church, to the oldest and most vaunted names in Lutetian necromancy.

The school’s central quadrant was a large open area ringed on all sides by the school building itself. Carefully trimmed grass adorned with beautifully arranged flower beds filled the center, divided into four by a crossroads of paved pathways. At its center, a paved area with a large ornamental fountain depicting Saint Delacroix (the school’s eminent founder) with a pair of water-spewing ravens. A single pathway led around the quadrant beneath the building’s overhang, lined by ornate pillar supports.

The quadrant was occupied by a number of clusters of students, each dressed in the academy’s uniform of a fitted blazer of deep crimson, accompanied by a formal white shirt and black trousers. A large analogue clock built into one of the sides of the building displayed the time on a face of roman numerals: coming up on one-thirty, partway through lunch break.

Upon the edge of the fountain were perched two auburn-haired boys, identical in appearance. Their figures were slim, and their features effeminately handsome - their stylish mid-length bangs framing large hazel eyes. Alveré and Valère Castellane watched the other students with something between disdain and indifference painted upon their faces. They sat with their shoulders lightly touching, hands resting millimetres apart on the stone of their seat.

Alveré lifted his chin and looked up at the sky overhead with a sigh. The sun shone down through a few scattered clouds, and the sky itself was pleasantly blue. “What did you think of Miss Blaise’s new teaching assistant?” he asked, tilting his head after a moment to look across at his brother. Valère was gazing off into space across the courtyard, but his eyes flicked over to Alveré when he spoke.

“She was pretty. Easily flustered, and seemed inexperienced. Probably a recent graduate, or even a final year student on a work placement. Maybe a relative of one of the teachers, or one of the other students. She wouldn’t have got the position based on merit. She didn’t have enough.”

Alveré smiled. His twin had always been the more insightful one. “She had nice eyes,” he remarked, “Blue, and dark. I had plenty of time to view them, considering she couldn’t keep them off of us.”

“That’s not uncommon of those who aren’t familiar with us,” Valère replied, a small smirk finding its way to his lips. “Was that why you were so busy with my hair?”

“I don’t know what you mean,” Alveré feigned confusion.

“You wanted to make her look. But I wonder…” Valère flashed a devilish grin, “Was it just to toy with her? Or did you enjoy her looking for other reasons?”

Alveré flushed red, breaking eye contact and looking down at the ground. “Don’t be stupid. I was bored, that was all.”

Valère tutted, “I’m hurt. Am I nothing more than a distraction for when you’re bored?”

“That’s not what I meant, Valère,” Alveré shook his head and stuck his tongue out. “Stop fussing over some scatter-brained TA.”

“But Alveré…” Val rested his head on his twin’s shoulder with a grin, “I’m bored, that’s all.”

“Well,” a third voice cut across their conversation, and both pairs of hazel eyes swivelled around to fall on the intruder. “Aren’t you two the sweetest thing?”

The speaker was a boy who looked to be around their age. He had brown hair that fell stylishly messily down to his shoulders, complete with a thick fringe that failed entirely to shroud his brilliant emerald eyes. He was beautiful, his skin flawless and his lips rosy. He was also definitely not wearing the academy’s uniform - instead dressed casually in a pair of jeans and a white v-neck tee. The twins blinked.

“Who are you?” Alveré asked.

“And what do you want?” Valère added.

“Straight to the point, huh?” The boy grinned, and both twins felt a flutter in their chest that was entirely unlike them. His teeth were perfect and pearly. “My name is Arien. Arien Valentine. And if I’m not wrong, the two of you are the Castellane twins?”

“That’s right,” Alveré said, “We are. But…”

“You didn’t answer the other question.” Valère finished, “What do you want? And how did you get in here? You’re not a student.”

“That’s two questions,” Arien noted, “It’s only fair if we go one for one, so I get to ask two as well.”

“Fine,” both twins agreed in unison.

Arien nodded, “I want to talk to you. Nothing more, unless the conversation leads there. And I walked in. Nobody stopped me. Why would they? That’s not one of my questions, by the way. It’s rhetorical.”

The twins exchanged a confused glance before turning back and opening their mouths to speak, but Arien interrupted them with a raised finger.

“Ah ah,” he shook his head, ignoring their frowns. “My turn.”

By this point, a few interested students had started to watch the unfolding conversation. The twins were normally reluctant to speak to anyone besides each other, with only a few exceptions in the entire school. That they were actually engaging this stranger was curious indeed. Funnily enough, nobody thought to wonder what a stranger was doing on the campus. Not even the security guard who wandered past on his way to the break room.

“My first question is, what leads two starlets like yourselves to be in a place like this?” Arien rubbed his chin, “I don’t mean this school. I mean this city. This country. It is, if I may be honest, not the nicest place to live. And for a family that can afford the best… you understand why I’m curious.”

Once more, the twins exchanged a glance. “Our mother likes it,” Alveré answered after a moment. “She grew up here, and has friends here. She’s not very open minded.”

“She doesn’t like change,” Valère added, “She’s all about tradition. Normality. Ignoring anything that doesn’t fit what she thinks the world should be like. She’s very good at that. Pretending.”

Arien hummed thoughtfully, “I see. So then you plan to leave when you graduate?”

“Maybe,” Alveré shrugged, “We don’t know. We’ll see what we feel like.”

“We might leave for good. We might travel,” Valère’s voice had an edge of wistfulness to it, “Or we might stay. That was two questions, it’s our turn now.”

“Why do you want to talk to us?” Alveré asked, “Specifically.”

“Because,” Arien clicked his tongue, musing over the right words. “You are interesting. I’m new in town, you see. I got here less than a week ago, and have yet to start making friends.”

“What made you think you could just walk up to us like this?” Valère frowned, “We’re not just anyone.”

Arien’s eyes twinkled, and he grinned. “I love a challenge. And, well, here we are. From my perspective, it looks like it’s working.”

“Who are you? And I don’t mean your name again,” Alveré folded his arms.

Valère nodded. “And what’s so interesting about us?”

“That’s a lot of questions,” Arien pointed out. “Shouldn’t it be my turn?”

“Screw your game,” Alveré scowled, “If you won’t answer, we’ll just walk away.”

Arien laughed. “Like that, hm? Alright. Like I said, I’m Arien Valentine. I’m new in town, from Terra. Westeria City specifically. Perhaps that’s where I get the idea that I can just walk up to anyone, regardless of perceived status. Nobody cares who anyone is in Westeria. As for what’s interesting about you…”

The teen’s eyes wandered over both of the twins, and he took a few steps to the side. “I’m not sure where to start. The whispered speculation over the nature of your relationship? My instincts would say it’s just a game, to invite speculation because you enjoy the scandal of it. But is it? I couldn’t say for sure without knowing you. And more, you’re purported to be simultaneously socialites and recluses. You go to parties, make idle talk with all manner of people … but I wonder how few of them actually know you? The contradiction is delightful. And then…”

He stepped back around to the other side of them. Their eyes remained locked on him as he moved, his gaze almost predatory. Their outermost fingers brushed against one another as they subconsciously moved their hands closer together.

“... you remind me of myself. You like to play games. You’re ambitious. And you’re always hungry for something more. You don’t know what, but it’s there. That nebulous desire. A lust for something that’s missing.” Arien’s eyes swirled with intensity, and the twins found their hearts beating quickly.

“How … do you know all that?” Alveré asked, “You’ve only just met us. We’ve never seen you before.”

Arien smiled wickedly. “Intrigued?”

The twins exchanged a glance, and laced their fingers together. It was hard to put a finger on it, but where they ought to have been alarmed at how much this stranger knew of them - where they ought to have called him a stalker and mocked him for an obsession… there was something else. They nodded.

“Then I have one more question,” Arien practically purred, brushing one finger beneath each of their chins to lift their faces towards him.

They held their breath.

“Are you busy this evening?”

Last edited by a moderator:
As written by Krysis

By daylight, and trying to hide her rage, Pierette was an aggressive driver. There is none of the wandering back and forth that Jimmy might have expected. In fact, he might start to realize that her driving style mostly depended on what chemicals Perilous had ingested that day. The cocktail in her system last night seemed to have relaxed her and removed all her inhibitions. Today, she was coiled and seething with energy.

At least she was making an effort to be charming this time, trying for small talk between cussing out the other drivers for behaving exactly as they should. Though the trip might be hair raising, the pair would make it to the backside of the Académie Delacroix, and to a hidden parking lot where the servants of the grander places were allowed to leave their modest transportation, where it would not offend by being seen by the wealthy residents.

"The rest of the way, we go on foot. You've got your uniform, so you should be fine." Pierette groaned and stretched, then frowned at herself in the rear view mirror as she started taking out the plastic jewelry that just didn't fit the area. She already had on her most responsible looking clothes as she had showered (with the garden hose behind Liz's house) and changed before fetching Jimmy. White blouse and black vest, with a pair of khaki pants that looked suitably middle-class were the best she could do, and then a clothe hat to hide her multi-colored hair. With a touch of subdued make-up, she looked like she might be someone's mother, though it would be a stretch to believe that Jimmy was any relation to the skinny lady.

As written by Faithy

As she drove, Jimmy internally debated which Pierette was the worst when it came to the whole driving adventure. On one hand, he didn’t feel as terrified today as he had the previous night, but on the other hand, it was kind of exhilarating the way she drove on the way to the rave. He decided that it didn’t really matter and honestly, he was just glad he wasn’t with the others and that she was actually talking to him, more or less. That helped keep his mind off of things, though he did have to admit he felt bad for the other drivers.

Thanks to the drinks last night being free, Jimmy had enough money to get him whatever it was he wanted and to pay Pierette for her assistance and being his taxi. He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to say to the twins since he barely remembered them, but figured if anyone could help him find Arien, they could. Once they reached the parking lot of the Académie Delacroix, his palms felt a smidge sweaty and it wasn’t due to her driving and constant swearing.

“Right, my uniform.” Jimmy blinked and looked down before realizing that he was most definitely wearing his uniform. They must have put it on him while he was unconscious or he put it on at some point. He really wasn’t sure anymore, but it didn’t matter. He was wearing it and it would help them out. Watching her closely, he couldn’t help but smile at how willing she was to make herself look the part. Climbing out of the car, he adjusted his uniform before nodding.

“Alright, let’s go find the twins and then get out of here.” He ran his fingers through his hair, fixing it up for what had to be the thirtieth time before forcing himself to relax.

As written by Script

The staff entrance to Académie Delacroix was similarly designed to the front entrance. An archway rose over the driveway that led into a fairly large car-park, with a small security room positioned to the side of the drive beneath the archway. A parking barrier blocked entrance to traffic beyond this security room, with a window to allow communication between drivers and the security guard within.

The security guard himself was a clean-shaven man of middle age, with a head of cropped salt-and-pepper hair. He appeared well built, and though he was somewhat plain-faced, he had a broad and well defined jawline. He was clad in a uniform of black and silver, complete with a cap. At present, he appeared to be intently watching the screen of a laptop on the desk in front of him.

As written by Krysis

"Well, here we go, Jimmy. A little advice: As close to the truth as possible is best. That way, you don't have to try to remember two versions." Pierette grinned at the injured boy, still far enough away from the guard that it was highly unlikely he would hear her low voice. She got them to the place and she had the 'party favors' to provide the bait. But she wasn't going to lie their way into the hoity-toity school for him.

Plus she was kinda looking forward to seeing him try, and if Jimmy failed, well, she had her own business to take care of in the near future. Normally, she would have just walked in like she belonged, but that wasn't likely to happen with Jimmy being bandaged up and therefore drawing attention just from sympathy if nothing else.

As written by Faithy

“Gotcha, Pierette.” He realized that he truly had no idea what to say to get them into the school yard. The sweat seemed to intensify on his palms with this realization and he forced himself to recall the twins’ names –Alveré and Valère— as he walked up towards the guard post. Why couldn’t they have snuck in the other way? Was there another way? Glancing towards Pierette, he almost asked her about going in the backway or something before they were suddenly at the parking barrier.

“Excuse me sir. We’re friends of Alveré and Valère and am needing to speak with them. I am a Paladin in training… a Proselyte and am here on official business.” Jimmy had no idea what the hell he was doing nor was he even certain that this was going to get them in. Maybe he should have practiced something or asked for some advice before they got all the way to the guard. If he wasn’t injured, he would have suggested just sneaking in, but he couldn’t move fast enough.

As written by Script

The security guard looked up as Jimmy approached. Getting closer, it was possible to faintly here a high pitched voice shouting something enthusiastically in a foreign language (that might have been recognised as Taiyou if they were familiar with the way the language sounded) before the guard clicked something and it cut off.

He raised an eyebrow at Jimmy's words. "Eh? You want to go through reception, if you're here to see a student. This is the back entrance, for cleaning staff and the like. Main entrance is... if you head down this street back that way," he pointed off down the road, "take a right, go to the end of that street and take a right again, it's on that road. You can't miss it."

As written by Krysis

"Mind if we walk through the school instead of outside? We're not shy about seeing people that actually work for a living." Pierette laughed a bit, implying that the snooty students tended to look down on people like the guard.

Then she tilted her head at Jimmy, "Probably better for him to walk as little as possible, you see, and parking was hell out front." Not to mention that her clunker tended to get ticketed no matter how nicely she parked if she left it out in the open in Luskinos. Something about the slightly crumpled ford being an eyesore had actually been the argument once when she showed up to contest the ticket. She had ended up paying it anyway, and that really hurt Perilous' pocket.

As written by Faithy

Should have said Pierette was a new staff… ugh.

Mentally chastising himself, Jimmy just stared at the guard, not even looking to see where the male was pointing. That seemed like a lot of unnecessary walking considering they were right here and just needed to go through the staff entrance. Blinking, he ran his fingers through his hair and glanced over towards Pierette, not even sure what else to say. Thankfully, she spoke up and he hoped the guard would go for it. Attempting to look as pathetic as possible, which wasn’t that hard due to just how injured he actually was at that moment.

“Please sir, I promise we will not detour.” He supposed if the guard said no, they could sneak in another way, but that was a little inconvenient. In truth, his arm and ribs were starting to hurt again, but he still had a lot to do before the day was over and he hoped the guard wouldn’t make it harder than it had to be.

As written by Script

The guard seemed skeptical, glancing between the two of them, but after a long moment he sighed. "Well, you don't look like trouble. But hold on," he rose to his feet, "I'll let you through, but I'll need to check you for any hidden weapons."

He moved to the door of the security box and let himself out to walk around to them. At his full height, the man was quite imposing - at over six and a half feet tall, and broad-shouldered to boot. "This is just policy. Anyone without a school ID gets checked. Oh, I'll need to take your names and see some identification as well, so I can record your entry and pass the information onto reception."

Given permission, the man would conduct a brief pat-down search of both of them before moving back around into the booth in order to take their details down.

As written by Krysis

Pierette wasn't carrying any weapons into a school, but she was a little worried about Jimmy. After all, his school was rather militant. Her driver's license would reveal a few moving violations, but (surprisingly) nothing more drastic. Her hair was long and dark (purple and red actually, but looked brunette) in the picture, as was the make-up, but it was still recognizably Pierette Hogan.

She gave the guard an admiring glance when he revealed how tall he was, and he might have been suspicious about the way she moved, as if she had been checked for weapons many a time before. At least she was cooperative.

As written by Faithy

Jimmy fought to keep from glancing over at Pierette because he was fairly sure the female was nothing but trouble. Who was he to correct the guard though? He waited patiently for the male to walk out to where they were, his brow arching at how tall he was when he was in full stance. Maybe the inside of the booth was larger than it looked. Perhaps it was an optical illusion of some sort. Shaking off the thought, he dug into his pocket for his wallet and tugged out his school ID, waiting his turn to hand it over to the male. Remaining still as he was patted down, Jim wondered what had happened to his weapons from the previous night.

“I’m weapon free, sir. Also, I have my school ID with me. I hope it’s enough. The name is Jimmy Ó’Suaird.” Jimmy tried to keep from tensing up as he was checked, hissing when his sides were checked thanks to his ribs. Still, he knew better than to jerk away and figured the less resistance he gave the quicker it’d be over.

As written by Script

"Alright... I'll note that down," the man scribbled down their names and time of entry in a logbook, "You're free to head inside. Just head up the steps through the closest door, and turn left the first chance you get. Keep going roughly in that direction and you should end up in the main schoolyard, and from there you can cut straight across to reception at the front of the building on the far side."

As written by Krysis

"Mmhmm. Got it. Come on, Jimmy. You can lean on me if you want." Perilous grinned at the guard once more as she held the door for her friend.

She'd wait until they were wading through a busy hallway full of kids between classes before she'd comment, "I don't think we actually have to check in at reception, unless you want to be able to come back here without problems again, so keep an eye out for anyone you know. Surely the Casetellane twins invited some more of their friends to that party last night."

She'd probably be laughed/sneered at by the snobby students, but Pierette didn't care.

As written by Faithy

“Alright, we’ll be sure to do that, Sir. Thank you.” Jimmy smiled and walked with Pierette, not quite leaning on her, but making sure to stand close enough in case he suddenly needed her. He had only paid half attention to what the guard had said, but figured it didn’t matter. Glancing towards his company, he snorted and shook his head.

“No, let’s not go to the reception. I don’t think I’ll need to come back here again and if I do, I’ll be well enough to be able to sneak in.” He grinned, giving a thumbs up to the female before glancing around for the twins or for someone else that happened to be at the party.

“I spent most of my time up in the VIP section, so I don’t really remember anyone else being there except the twins and Elisabeth. Maybe we should ask around?” His brow arched a little and he found himself once again looking for a familiar face.

As written by Script

The pair were certainly drawing a lot of glances from the students in the hallways. They varied in nature from confused to amused, but the majority of the kids didn't spare them more than a few moments of thought. Eventually, however, their clearly searching glances drew the attention of one who took pity on what he assumed were a pair of lost visitors.

"Are you two looking for a specific room?" The boy that approached them looked to be about sixteen, sporting a head of dark brown curls and inquiring hazel eyes behind a pair of stylish glasses. He wore the school's uniform - a deep blue blazer trimmed with silver, a white shirt with a light blue tie, and black trousers - neatly, and carried a sizable black leather satchel that looked like it probably held a laptop. "You look pretty lost."

As written by Krysis

"It's a nice day, let's try the front courtyard. And if anyone asks, we Are going to reception." Surprisingly enough, Pierette already knew her way around. After all, there had been calls for deliveries to the rich kids before, and sometimes she did favors for people that had things that she needed. Courier was just one of her occasional 'tasks'. As such, it paid to know which way to go.

She blinked at being accosted by a helpful lad. One that wasn't asking her 'where is the stuff' or something of that nature at least. "Oh. Hello there. Actually, we are looking for someone more than somewhere. I don't suppose you know where the Castellane twins are?" Perilous was pretty sure she mispronounced the name at least a little, but if she looked like a slightly ditsy aunt type, that worked just fine too.

As written by Faithy

Jimmy couldn’t help but notice just how Pierette was maneuvering as if she had been in the academy before. If that was the case, why didn’t she just get the two of them in the same way she normally did? He almost asked her that very thing, but was sidetracked by a male approaching the two. Figuring that they were about to be told off and escorted to the door or the reception desk, the dark haired male prepared himself. He was pleasantly surprised when the brunette was attempting to help them. Pierette spoke up before he had a chance to, so he just smiled brightly.

“Yes, we’re looking for them and would appreciate any help.” Smiling, Jimmy hoped the male would assist them. If not, well, they would just find Al and Val on their own.

As written by Script

The boy pulled a face. "Oh, them. They're two years above me, so I don't really interact with them much," he said, though it was clear by his reaction that he still knew enough about them to have a (strong) opinion. "If they're not in the main yard, some of the seniors hang out in the east quad at breaks, so you could check there."

He gave a quick explanation of how to reach the east quad - which was a smaller open area on the far side of one of the buildings that ringed the main schoolyard - before shrugging. "If you can't find them there, someone will probably be able to point you in the right direction."

As it happened, the twins were indeed in the east quad. The quadrant was a lot quieter than the main yard - most of the younger children stayed either there, or ventured to the sports fields on the opposite side of the school. It was an open square area with its own, smaller, fountain like that in the main yard. The grass was more well maintained and joined by a smattering of flower beds, and a number of small trees decorated the area.

The twins were lounging in the shade of one of those trees, propped up against the trunk and dozing with their heads rested against one another.

Around two dozen other students of a similar age to the twins were scattered around the area, perched on benches or walls and chatting idly. The overall atmosphere was a lot less hectic than the rest of the school - giving the impression of an unwritten rule whereby the older students had territorial claim to this part of the school.

As written by Krysis

Older, more relaxed, better funded. Pierette knew a hunting ground when she saw it and was already contemplating how to turn the stuff she had hidden on her person into cash. Thankfully, she had taken the precaution of putting things into pill bottles, so no one looked twice at something labeled 'aspirin' in a woman's purse, even when looking for weapons like the guard had earlier.

She gave Jimmy a gentle nudge towards the twins as she whispered near his ear, "I think I see some old contacts of mine. You don't need me to hold your hand, do you?" There was that devilish smile, mischief and a hint of cruelty, that fit so well on the thin features and lush lips of Perilous Pierette.

Back