Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Audrieu

“It’s good enough, not crazy but if you crack my jaw it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. I guess it just aint’ workin on my cavity..” Leo opened his mouth and pointed to one of his teeth. Superficially it looked okay, but hints of decay at the root revealed the opposite. It was a little loose, and his gums were somewhat inflamed around the rotted root. “Probably doesn’t help I bit a big hunk outta the zombie. I know, dumb idea, but my weapon jammed and I was desperate.”

“I thought about trying to blow it out with a gun, but that’s super dangerous and could keep me out of commission for a while even if it’s a perfect shot. I guess I’m just lucky you guys came around, eh? Go ahead and do whatever you’re gonna do now..” Leo shifted his stance and gripped the corner of his own shirt, ready for whatever Savien had planned.

Abel held the handkerchief as instructed, ready to catch his prize if it fell.

As Leo spoke, Savien jiggled the tooth, bending it left and right, widening the cavity in his gums on which it rested. Eventually his fingers found the edges of the submerged tooth. Before the werewolf had even finished what he was saying, Savien gripped, flexed, and tore the tooth out of Leo’s mouth in one swift motion. A huge quantity of blood gushed from his mouth, staining the cloth beneath his chin. Savien dropped the tooth on the blood soaked rag.

“There, it’s done,” he gruffed,”can’t fucking believe I did that.” He steadied Leo. “You okay? Hanging in there?”

“NNMF!” Leo recoiled and clutched his face for a few seconds, before giving a thumbs up, still holding his mouth shut. His eyes were watering but he gave a half-sigh if relief from his nostrils.

“Dash a lod bedder, thanksh,” he took care not to spill blood everywhere, snatching a few tissues from a box in the lobby and wiping most of the blood from his face and chin, then rolled up one and stuffed it in the new gap in his teeth.

Abel looked down at the offending tooth. The root was clearly corroded and rotted, even a bit jagged at parts, which was likely the source of the discomfort. After a few quick wipes with the handkerchief the Proselyte placed it in a plastic sandwich bag he brought and dropped it into his pack.

“You guysh are liveshavers, anything I can do to make it up to ya?” Leo rubbed a bit of hand sanitizer on his hands. When he then spit out the napkin ‘bandage’ into a trash can, it was thoroughly soaked red.

“Yes,” Savien rumbled, “go to the Commons House on Cernas and Shalmont Avenue and get a fucking medical card.“ Savien took a pen from his belt, grabbed the boy’s hand, and scrawled a number beneath his knuckles. “If they give you shit for being a werewolf or not having a birth certificate, then you call me at that number. I‘ve seen winos who can’t even remember their own name walk out of that place with basic coverage.”

He refastened the gauntlet on his right hand, interconnecting the metal locks to his plate. “And... what was it, L&L Supernatural Solutions? Freelance hunter?” He held up a stern metalclad finger. “Quit. Now. Go to the career center and submit for unemployment if you need a job. Leave monster killing to the monster killers.” A curt, unamused snort. “A toothache. You’ll be dead next time, or worse.”

“Do you think people wanna hire me? Im a Garou, and my whole family’s in the pen for pack violence. I was a little kid so obviously I wasn’t involved, but that’s what’s gonna come up on the background checks. You can prolly find ‘em easy, just go ask to see the Legrand family, They’re bloodstones through and through. Businesses in Scion territory or run by their members can’t and won’t hire me. Nice places don’t want anyone that could bring trouble. I’m not even on great terms with the ‘stones ‘cause I don’t wanna get caught up in that crap.”

“You think I like getting beat up and gored and shot for money? I do it to help people and to pay my rent. You guys fight for the same reason.”

Leo hesitated a few moments, then deflated. “Uh, sorry about the rant, I guess you hit a sore spot or somethin’. I’ll still go get that card though.”

Savien quieted. There was something in Leo’s voice he recognized - conviction without power, the nobility of a knight lacking the means and training to actualize an oath. He wondered what sort of life this boy might have had in the Order were he not a Garou. How many heroes did the Monastery turn away on account of a “tainted” bloodline?”

“What’s your name?” He asked, his voice depleted of its anger. “Don’t apologize. You’ve done nothing wrong. You understand that, as a paladin, I must discourage civilians from seeking careers as monster hunters. The Knights of the Order are the best of the best and we still lose dozens every year. Among freelance hunters, the casualties are even higher.” He took a deep breath. “Still, if I can’t dissuade you from your chosen profession, I can at least see to it that you are properly trained.” He tapped the number on the back of his hand. “Call me. I’ll put you in touch with someone who can help. He hires out cheap.”

Savien turned back Abel. “The report’s gonna say that this kid was in unbearably agony as constituting a medical emergency and needed to have his tooth immediately removed. No doctor or dentist was at hand to perform the operation and we made due effort to find one before taking matters into our own hands. Reasonable? Yes? Good.” He gestured to the door. “C’mon. Catacombs are next.”

The Watering Bowl Bar
RPed out by Knosis & KittyWolfSpirit

Knosis:
The sun was just setting, giving everything a lovely orange and red tint. The sun’s reflection bounced off the windows, giving the street a someone colorful view as well. And Sebastion knew this was the time of day the night crowd would slowly climb out of bed and begin their normal partying once again.

He wouldn’t have been out this early himself, had it not been for the tasks he’d been given by the boss. Luckily for him, they were done relatively early(and he slacked off the rest). So now it was time for a mostly hard earned drink to wet his whistle.

And the least likely place he’d run into Rowan or Gabrielle would be The Watering Bowl.

Sure the place was simple, but the booze weren’t lacking and hell… The cook was actually halfway decent. Sebastion never understood why no one cared for this place. He walked in and waved at the bartender, who rolled her eyes at him. “Mornin’ Steph--”

“I swear to god, Sebastion, if you’re here and not paying your tab again, I’m going to--”

“Cool it, darlin’. I got paid today.” He placed his pay card down. “Now why don’t you give me a glass of scotch, please.”

The woman rolled her eyes and sighed, rang up his tab AND the glass of scotch before pouring him his request. The white haired man turned his red hued gaze around the rest of the bar. “Tough crowd today. Where’s everyone?”

“Dunno. Don’t care.” The woman tossed the card at his face. Perhaps this would explain why everyone hated the joint.

“Well, it is a wee bit early. We’ll see if ole Eddy shows up. Meantime it's just you and me~” He said. The woman looked as though she’d rather stab herself in the eye with a spoon. She’d known Sebastion before he left town. He hadn’t changed a damned bit, but she was wiser and older now, and wouldn’t fall for his tricks again.

KittyWolfSpirit:
Ally wanted to be a little more discreet on her weapons now that she was where the city wolves prowled. With that in mind, she had elected a form fitting pair of black microfiber leggings, black cotton knee length skirt over the leggings and a black microfiber V-neck shirt with long sleeves that fit form fit to the elbow before it flared out a little. It was to keep her throwing knives on her outer thighs and her inner forearms hidden. Her only weapons visible being her 2 boot knives, 1 dagger in sheath and her long knife in sheath both on her hips. Her copper hair was worn half up half down today with a common rubber band. Her dusty rose lips were set to a serious expression as her jade eyes studied the area for a place to eat. Her stomach was talking rathe loudly about its disdain for her skipping lunch on the account of not being to the city yet and running out of food. She paused, seeing a bar called the Watering Bowl and smirked at the playful dog notation.
“This might be a good place to start I suppose.” She muttered to herself softly.
She walked into the bar pausing only briefly at the door to take in the one other occupant. She took note of him and the bartender. She walked past him and sat about 3 stools down and raised her hand politely to gesture the bartender over at her convenience.

Knosis:
The woman had taken to very clearly ignoring Sebastion as he rambled on about various things, occasionally keeping him happy by muttering the occasional ‘uh huh’. So it came to no surprise that when Ally entered the establishment, her attention immediately zeroed in on her. “Hi, welcome to the Watering Bowl! Nice day we’re having, right?” She forced a tight smile on her face, which to Sebastion would break her face.

She nearly glided over to the coppery haired female. “What can I get you?”

KittyWolfSpirit:
She looked over to the woman’s tight smile, most likely forced because customer service insisted a smile no matter how shitty you felt. She offered a brief smile and went to speak but her stomach let out an agitated grumble which made her give a timid smile to the bartender.
“I would like a menu.” She said softly to her.
She glanced briefly to the man and nodded a hello. She wasn’t sure who he is, but the lady seemed tense. It could be a million reasons why she had immediately snapped to her arrival, but he didn’t care. She just wanted food and a light drink. She would get intel after she ate.

Knosis:
Color rose to the bartender’s cheek. Yes, of course. A newcomer. Duh. She’d gotten so used to the same old crowd that knew exactly what they wanted before they even entered the place that new face threw her for a loop.

“Ah y-yes, right away.. Where did I put those… TOM!!” She shouted to the back and went around through the employee door to the right behind the bar.

Sebastion chuckled at the awkward sight. “That’s rare to see Stephanie shove her foot in her mouth. Congratulations.” He flashed a friendly smile.

“Shut up, Sebastion..” Stephanie glared icely at the white haired man before handing Ally a menu.

“Uhm.. I recommend the steak-burger. Tom’s pretty good at it. Pretzels with beer cheese is pretty awesome uh..” She peeked over the edge of the menu, obviously not looked over it in a while.

“Sorry, my specialty is the booze. I don’t really know the menu that well, eh heh..”

KittyWolfSpirit:
She looked full on to the man as he addressed her and congratulated her on practically making a fool of the bartender, something she had not intentionally done for one and two why congratulate such a feat. Ally smiled and nodded to the bartender.
“It isn’t that big of a deal. I’ll look it over.” She said softly, meaning what she had. She didn’t mind.
Sebastion is it. She thought to herself as she locked her jade on onto him. We will speak but not yet. She planned, flashing him a soft smile and a look of polite interest.
She listened to the bartender ramble and watched as she skimmed the menu. “Not necessary to apologize Miss. I appreciate the suggestions though. I really do. If I may, a moment with the menu in the meantime do you have a water, I am gonna start there until I find the drink I want if possible Miss.” Her voice was calm, collected and polite toward the woman, her peripherals though were locked onto Sabastion.
Knosis:
The woman nodded and swiftly placed a clean class in front of Ally and poor some water out of a pitcher that she procured from behind the bar somewhere. It was cool enough at least. “Just give me a shout when you’re ready hunny.” She gave another tight smile before escaping to the back room.

Sebastion had also been studying the woman, taking a sip from his glass.

“You’re a refreshing face in these parts at least. New to Lutetia? Or just Audrieu?”

The one thing Rowan loved to hate about Sebastion, was his ability to read people.

KittyWolfSpirit:
She now gave him her full attention for a brief moment. Then looked the menu over.
“I’ll have a long island iced tea, sweeten the tea and extra lemon please. Then for food, I’ll give that steak burger a try, medium well on the burger please.” She instructs like she has given this order about a million times.
In fact, that was her normal order. On nights when shit got bad…she went straight to rainbow shots or if even harder she went to rum and cherry Pepsi. She set the menu down, offering the menu to Stephanie. She then returned her attention to Sebastion.
“A lil of both I suppose. Definitely, new to Audrieu.”
She offers him a soft smile.

Stephanie bustled out with the menu, going to relay the order and to get Ally's drink.

Sebastion returned the smile, a warm, infectious grin. "Well, welcome to this city's heart beat then. Well, at least at night. Pretty sure the city is just comatose until then, to be honest. Wee bit early for folk to be in and wandering about to be fair. Give it a few hours, and the streets will be packed with people looking to forget their troubles, find a night of love and passion, or simply gamble their lives away." He chuckled softly, taking a sip from his glass.

"So what about you? Are you looking for one of three aforementioned aspects of this part of town? Or are you for the fourth and rarer option?"

She smirked at him, he was surely either nosey or curious. She couldn't help but feel her smirk turn into a soft smile as he grinned at her.

"Well, none of them I suppose. I am actually looking for someone or information about them in the least. So i am hoping maybe just maybe I can find it...although...I will be honest that I am not really sure how to go about it with the limited information i have to go on." She explained in a sort of almost distant tone of voice like she had suddenly become a bit distant as she thought on things.

She blinked rapidly as if realizing she had been dazing off. An apologetic look spread across her soft features.

"Who knows, maybe the answers I am seeking are the wrong ones for all I know. Life is kind of funny like that. you think you get it then you suddenly realize...you just don't get it after all." She offered a soft giggle to finish off her sentence that kind of sounded like she felt awkward stating what she had just said to a stranger she just met.

"Ahhh so option four it is. Well intriguing none the less." He smiled warmly at her. "Well, if you're looking for information, you might be able to find it here. But usually it will cost you a pretty penny to get people to cough up the information." He took a swallow from his drink.

"A fair warning to ya though, luv. Be careful what answers you seek. It may be the right ones for you after all, but there are some of those who won't want you finding those answers in this part of town. And depending on who you're looking for, I may know who has the information you're searching for. None of them you want to be associated with." He winced, his smile falling as he chugged the rest of his drink.

Stephanie returned finally with Ally's drink. "Here you go, your order will be a few minutes." She leaned in closer. "If this horn dog is bothering you, I can have Tom kick him out."

Sebastion rolled his eyes. "Old Tom can't kick his own boot off.." He muttered.

She listened patiently for him to give her what intel he would, but looked up as Stephanie came to her with her drink. She smiled politely to Stephanie as she asked her question, politely shaking her head to decline the offer.

"I see-" She paused for a moment thinking what to say and not to say to a Sebastion, but she did need information and he seemed to be giving it freely without charge so far, well unless you cost nosey being the cost. "and are you one of these men i should worry cost for intel or a guide to the less savory contacts?" She asked, her eyes hardened slightly on him showing a note of distrust.

She took a long pull at her drink, taking her eyes from them, slowly closing them as she drank greedily at it. By time she took the cup away, it was almost half gone. She looked at it in dismay, she had been thirsty but damn, that will cost her some measure of mental state later. She knew she needed to slow her roll or she might do something stupid if she got wasted. Who knows, maybe Sebastion was hoping for her to get shit faced and have his way. Not gonna happen Sebastion. She thought to herself as she looked back to him.

"Well, either way. You two are the first to talk to me. So maybe, you can help. I am looking for a man about 6'5, muscular, raven hair that's a lil on the scruffy side worn typically really short, mustache, tan skin, broad build, dark brown eyes. Goes by the name of Zavix. Heard of him?" She asked politely.

Back