Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Tiko

"Sophia, what have I told you?" Venessa demanded.

"Never in public..." Sophia replied meekly. Her eyes where on her shoes. "I'm sorry..."

Vanessa's expression softened and she knelt down with a heavy sigh and pulled Sophia into a hug.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. It's not your fault. Here, just wait here until I talk to your principle, okay?"

The receptionist directed Vanessa to go on into the principle's office, and Sophia took a seat in one of the vacant chairs lining the wall of the office.

She knocked lightly on the door before opening it and heading inside.

"Hello, Ms Richard," the principle said. "Please, sit."

"They told me what happened on the phone, but believe me, Sophia is a good girl," Vanessa said as she took the seat across from the man. She made a commendable effort to keep her anger and frustration out of her voice, but this was the second private school Vanessa had enrolled Sophia in after she had been expelled from public school a year ago. Three schools in two years...

"That might be, but when the kids go home tonight and tell their parents that one of their class mates turned into a wolf in the middle of recess, our phone lines are going to be flooded with calls from angry parents who are afraid for the safety of their children," he answered.

"Then they can take their kids somewhere else, Sophia isn't dangerous. She's just a little girl," Vanessa retorted.

"And what if she had attacked one of the other students?"

"Attacked?!" Vanessa practically exclaimed. "She's six years old."

"That might be Ms Richard, but your daughter is a potential danger to all of the students here. I need to protect those students. I'm sorry, but you're going to need to find another school for her."

"On what grounds?" Vanessa demanded.

"On the grounds that I have the right to exclude any student from attending classes, who has a serious contagious disease, or whose presence presents a clear and present danger to the other students."

The muscles in Vanessa's jaw where twitching as she clenched her teeth and stood up. She jerked the door open.

"Come on Sophia, we're leaving," she said and Sophia slid down out of the chair to follow after her. The girl looked dejected at having been the cause of all of this and as she caught up to Vanessa she slipped her hand into her mothers and didn't say a word as they left the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Brokowsi and Sentry

Merveilleux was going to hell, in fact, it wouldn't be a shock if it was a complete
mimicry of Vargeras by the end of the decade. Felix's cynical musings weren't alogether
misplaced, he'd seen firsthand the escalated arrogation of his home by the packs of angry dogs that had
held its sister city hostage for so long. He'd gone so far as to purchase a firearm that he
didn't quite know how to use in hopes that its presence would be enough to deter any possible
assailants.

Necromancy wasn't necessarily difficult work, depending on the spirits involved. That being said, Felix
had no wish to be caught with his pants down on the way home from a job. The weight of the weapon
on his waist brought some modicum of comfort as he unlocked the door to his house. It was a modest place,
furnished enough to avoid being spartan, but besides an increasingly banged up television it lacked many luxuries.

Removing his coat, Felix all but rushed towards his refrigerator, relishing the idea of an ice cold beer. He wasn't
a frequent drinker, some jobs just required a little extra to wind down from. Cracking open the can, the necromancer
made his way to the single seat in the place. A surprisingly well maintained futon in front of the television that had
seen better days. Sighing, Felix slouched into the corner of the couch and turned on the T.V. If no one approached him
with a case in the next few days, he figured he'd be able to find something to capitalize on through the news.

Jeanne's hair was wet. She'd made sure to put on a hat, wide-brimmed enough for hard falls, but the wind blew the rain sideways. The collar to her windbreaker went up around her ears as she walked up to a house that was a bit nicer than her own from the outside.

She knocked impatiently in the cold shower, zipping the front of her jacket. "Mister Corbin? Are you home?" she shouted firmly at the door. "I have work for you!"

Felix was on the precipice of some much needed rest when he heard the jarringly loud bangs on his door. For a moment he contemplated the weapon that rested comfortably in front of him. That was, of course, until he heard the word 'work'. His clothes were still damp from the rain and he figured he must have look half-drunk from the grogginess but that was a non-issue. He'd found that the less menacing you looked as a necromancer, the better, especially in a relatively blue collar place like Merveilleux.

"Give me just a minute." Felix shouted, hoping he was louder than the rain. As he stumbled forward from the futon, he made an attempt to fix his hair and clear the cobwebs from his head. Feeling satisfied with the result, the man holstered the firearm and fixed his shirt.

"Work you say?" He managed with a hesistant grin as he cracked his door open to reveal what was clearly not an average citizen. Either his number was up or he stood to receive a fair amount of state sanctioned cash.

The detective gave the man a tight smile and a raise of her eyebrows. "Yes," she said, reaching for the inside of her coat. "Work." She retrieved her badge and flashed it to the man.

"Detective Jeanne Bonheur. May I come in? I've seen your fliers around the place and I'm in need of some answered questions. We don't have any necromancers in the field." She hugged her coat more closely to her and lifted her chin to the rain. "It's also a bit cold out here."

"Gotta love the rain, right?" Felix responded, attempting to maintain a casual cadence. Despite his trepidation, he opened the door further and stepped aside. Either this was a legitimate job or some sort of witch hunt. Regardless of the scenario he'd just be doing himself more harm if he had tried to impede the officer.

"Just be quick, I'd prefer it if the chill didn't follow you in." The words were followed by a shrug before he began to mosey back to his seat. "I'd offer you a drink but, well, let's say funds are a little short these days."

Felix wouldn't even have time to finish his comment about a chill before Jeanne hurried in, sliding her hat off her head. "Oh, don't worry about that at all, Mister Corbin-" She turned around and gave him another thin-lipped smile, though it was brighter than the one out in the rain. "I'm here strictly for business and I'll be out of your hair as soon as I get a few answers. Though, I imagine you'll need to do some research, and I can pay you graciously for that time. Do you have an office?"

The necromancer was halfway through sitting down when he'd heard the word office. Of course he had an office, a fact that had slipped his mind while he was busy fretting at the door. Returning to his previous, slouched, posture; Felix began to move towards one of the home's few adjacent rooms. "Right this way."

The office was in stark contrast to the rest of his home. Where the den had been drab and nearly empty, the office was well lit and organized. It seemed to be the one area of the house that Felix had actively kept from falling into disrepair. Artifacts of various shapes and sizes littered the walls, some reflecting the light in a queer manner. Furthest from the door was an ebony desk, its top suggesting a sort of organized clutter. Felix strode confidently towards the furnishment, almost immediately taking a seat behind what was quite obviously his pride and joy.

"So, would this business be pertaining to the city proper or is it something more personal?" There was a palpable change in Felix's demeanor and even he could never tell whether it was because of the room or the promise of much needed money. "Also, feel free to take a seat." The necromancer smiled, motioning towards a pair of wooden chairs parallel to his working station.

At that question, Jeanne hesitated, her mouth half-open in an empty answer. She gathered herself quickly and took in a breath. "City work. Strictly." She pulled out a chair and sat herself down. Her hat was placed on her lap. "Because of that, I'd normally need you to sign a few papers promising you won't disclose any sensitive details, but..." She shook her head, "You're probably going to have to do a lot of getting around to get the information I want you to."

She reached into her coat and drew out a few objects. A small file, a few small plastic bags. "It's been in the news already. I'm sure you know now that Theodore Bonner, his wife, and his eldest daughter were found dead in the Luskonios district yesterday evening. You are aware why I've come to you about this particular case, regarding Mister Bonner's infamy?"

Felix cocked an eyebrow, the name Bonner was familiar to him but he couldn't quite place it. He remained this way for longer than he likely realized before responding. "Infamy? I dunno, anti-necromancer sentiment seems pretty commonplace unless you are one." With that he shifted in his seat, his unease resurfacing. He'd kept himself relatively secluded from his people's community for a few reasons, plausible deniability being one of them. The officer could have just as easily put him on a suspect list, yet here she was offering him his most lucrative job in ages. The entire situation reeked of trouble.

After calming himself, Felix licked his lips and returned to the discussion at hand. He wasn't going to make any money fidgeting about like an over-anxious toddler. "Anyways, yeah. I can see where you're going with this and quite frankly I feel by taking this case I'm putting myself at risk. If the suspect was, in fact, a necromancer, I'm sure they wouldn't take too kindly to one of their own helping out a badge." In all truth, necromancers were the least of his worries but it could be beneficial to make himself a hard sell.

"Now, now, Mister Corbin. I know about the harshness of necromancy prejudice, but you have allies." At this, she gave him a genuine smile. "Of all sorts. I'm just trying to go after those tainting the name. Now..." She slipped some papers from the file and tossed them onto the table.

They depicted detailed shots of the crime scene. The symbols in the skin came up in startling, gory high definition. "We found them laying in a triangle, head-to-toe. Witnesses say they saw four people walk down this street and lay down, but we only have three bodies. When we brought them in for the autopsy, the medical examiner-" She threw down one last photo showing the open mouth of Bonner's corpse, "- found salt stuffed into their mouths. I know in some necromancy salt is used to ward off the dead or stop them."

Finally, she took out the bottled beetle she had found in Misses Bonner's pocket. "And the wife had this on her. Do you recognize this at all?"

"A beetle? Have you ever been to Merveilleux? They're not exactly rare." Felix retorted, scratching his cheek. Despite his wariness regarding the insect, he was well aware of the implications that the rest of the photos held. "The triangle is widely considered a symbol of power, particularly when it comes to spirits and your insinuations about the salt are correct."

"This was done by someone who didn't want their victims speaking post mortem. That being said, there are ways to work around a bit of purity." The necromancer hiked himself up in his chair, a nervous energy emanating from him as he studied the photos. "Those symbols are basic at best, anyone in Lutetia could carve them up after a couple days in Vargeras or even in Merveilleux."

This was not par for the course, it was not Felix's comfort zone. He was used to dealing with the peaceful dead, old folk or the accident prone. He'd spoken with murder victims but they came up once in a blue moon and weren't accompanied by a police presence and an agenda. After a few more moments of observation, Felix found his courage.

"Can I see the bodies? Photographs aren't always the most honest witnesses." The necromancer rose as he spoke, his neurosis morphing into a sort of feigned courage. "I won't tell if you don't, detective."

Leaned back in the chair, Jeanne gazed at the necromancer long and hard. Her hand came up to her mouth. That was dangerous, letting someone who wasn't official personnel in to see the bodies, but...

"I could certainly let you see them under that very strict protocol. However, I want to know that you're absolutely taking this job. No backing out. I need as much information as you can gather using whatever means you can to get them. Short of heinous crime, that is." She gave him a wink. "So what'll it be? I can talk price. Price won't be a problem at all."

Felix inhaled sharply, feigning consideration as he eyeballed the evidence in front of him. He was sold, it'd be a nice change of pace from all of the house calls and the promise of pay that likely eclipsed his norm was simply too enticing to look away.

"Yeah, I guess I'm in. Besides, if I said no there'd probably be a couple less friendly detectives knocking on my door tomorrow, eh?" There was a hint of snark in Felix's voice at the tail end of his last remark but he retained a jovial expression regardless. "Mind giving me a few hours with the evidence before we head to the morgue or wherever you folks keep your corpses? I wouldn't mind taking a few cracks at that." The necromancer cocked his head towards the bottled beetle. "Maybe there'll be a prize inside if we open the vessel."

"I don't look to my colleagues for that kind of work, Mister Felix. If I have a problem with you, I'd be coming to you myself," Jeanne said to him, lips drawn tight. "I want that evidence back soon. The bodies leave the Chief Medical Examiner's office tomorrow morning. We have until then for a chance for you to see them." She nodded to the bottle.

"Do what you will, but I'm not a big one for magic. I didn't mess with it because I've seem my fair share of curses thrown onto impatient detectives."

Felix blithely pawed at the bottled beetle, snatching it off the table without any magnitude of grace. He rolled the talisman over, eyeing with an astuteness that bordered on silly. It was remiscent of some old relic, certainly of occult origins. The question was whether or not the bug held any real significance or if it was simply some shameless scammer's idea of a good-luck charm. He'd had folks ask for them before but, seedy as Felix could be, he refused. It seemed too insulting and just plain stereotypical.

"Well, might as well see the bodies before they get too stiff." The necromancer kept a neutral face as he rose, handing the beetle back to the detective. "As much as I'd love to solve this little mystery sitting down, I don't think that bug is gonna start talking."

as written by Lialore and Emperor Jester

The lanterns weren’t giving off enough light to show the silent, stony beauty of Lumiena Square at night. Emily pushed the shadows in anyway. They consumed, eating the orange glows and smothering the abandoned marketplace until pitch black reigned. But not in her kingdom, she could still see perfectly. Her figure stood motionless in a tall, damp alleyway. Waiting.

At around 2AM the door to the small trinket shop across the square from her would open in a tinkle of bells. The noise would be crisp and clear in the air that was settled, ready for sleep with the rest of Merveilleux. Then, out she would come, wearing her woollen coat, the collar turned up against the slight chill. The girl with the red hair. Emily had been fixated on her for quite a while – but it had to be perfect, and so she had waited. Tonight she would get her scarlet kiss.

It came as she expected, in that merry, metallic farewell. The girl with the red hair paused for a moment, taking in the unexpected darkness, then began fumbling with the keys. But as her tired fingers struggled without light, Emily was already on the move. She flitted through the square without a noise in inspection. She was high, then low - west, east, north, south - then very, very close... then distanced again, and stopped; her inky hair a wild tangle, it was struggling to keep up. All in the time of a few of the girl’s heartbeats – which were quicker than usual, she was already frightened.

Emily frowned. The clinking of the keys on the lock was still going on even though the girl had brought forth her phone screen. With a twist of her lips, Emily brought forth a spider. Not a large one, it would fit comfortably in her palm. Its legs crept out from the keyhole, two spindly threads of dread. Then four. Five. Six, seven, eight.

The girl with the red hair screamed as they tickled her hand. And then Emily laughed, out loud, purposefully audible, complimenting the echo of the shriek. The unnatural light from the phone screen was whirled in her direction, but completely swallowed by shadows before it could illuminate much.

“H- hello?” – the girl’s breathing was ragged, terrified, beautiful.

Emily melted away, moving backwards swiftly. She’d let the girl compose herself, lock the door, be on her way. Because playing with your food was fun.

Up above, the rooftops called to her. The moonlight offering to bathe her in power, set her veins alight and bless her task.

With a content, unnerving little sigh, Emily leapt upwards. The chase had only just begun.

____

The streets were an empty, vast network of rank odors and hopelessness, and now, the following night after leaving the Lessard mansion, Nox had finally decided to throw abandon to the rules and regulation. He'd tasted of man flesh and sanguine once more, for the first time in innumerable moons, and his desire for it was a burning, cold passion in his long dead heart. Seeming to glide along the alley ways and labyrinthine corridors of Lutetia's middle sector, nestled between the high rise mansions of old and the decrepit slums. It wasn't the easiest to hunt here without, without risk, but people also thought they were safer here.

An icy sneer with an even icier scoff would echo down the halls of the street.

Eyes floating in the darkness, two pale blue orbs, shimmering like shards of dirty, reflective light. Freezing shadows swirled around his impressive physical frame, a giant of undeath and frozen wrath, closer to seven feet tall than to six, winter seeming to follow his every step.

A breathless breath. Tasting the scents of the air. Fear. Desperation. Malice. Ill-content. Blood lust. Oddly enough...joy? It made the raven haired third boy pause for a moment, pupils narrowing to slits, eyes bulging wide. He'd latch onto the scent of fear, white leather trench billowing around his almost regal, feral, contradictory form. A single, black nail placed on the brick walls as he stalked, Nox's talon letting lose an ear retching screech, leaving a deep gouge in the stonework. Cold death was on the prowl.

____

She was up and away. Moonlight caressed her, allowing the most individual trait of House Roux to shine – quite literally. Glowing a soft blue were the veins that twisted beneath that translucent skin, streams of the dead.

Emily was in no rush. She knew where the girl with the red hair lived. And it was such a beautiful night.

Her bare feet picked their way gracefully across the mostly flat rooftops, taking their leaps from one to another when her stalk was interrupted by streets below. Tilting her head to the sky, she sighed, then twirled in her own insane delight. It had been a while since she’d been able to hunt for herself. Ms Roux was a greedy, greedy ‘woman.’ But this night was hers, all hers. Emily’s eyes, the same colour as the sky, were dancing from one star to the next – until they caught a dark shape shooting across, far above the rooftops and heading out of the city. She stopped and leaned forward, as though this helped her squinting. The figure was far but its form undeniable. Those wings; shaped exactly like a bat’s but only immense. They were Alexandre’s – she knew. Her slightly blue lips drew back from her teeth in a hiss. What was he doing that they didn’t trust her to know? It was unf-

Her torso twisted, arms held ready, expression inquisitive as she stared with a tilted head.
The noise continued, that curdling screech of two hard materials in a fight to the death.
A breeze passed by, ruffling the white fabric of her dress and pushing the sound off course some.
Her appearance darkened after she’d thought things through. Then she was off in a blur, from a concrete standstill to a flowing symphony.

It didn’t take her long to find the source.
She kept her distance, watching the figure whilst it was still a speck. By the strange, dancing darkness that surrounded them, and the chill that she could already sense – her guess was vampire. Perhaps he had already sensed her. They were getting dangerously close to her red haired girl’s house. Hers.

Defiantly, she came to a standstill and stood square. The shadows began to grow, all light being sucked out of her surroundings. Within a few seconds a sphere of black surrounded her, and then, with some effort she pushed the darkness out. It shot down the street, overwhelming everything. It bled at intersections but continued to charge. It was a while before it passed over the strange vampire, rolling out before him like deathly clouds. She doubted it would impair his vision, this was their world, after all. And that was her girl, after all.

Her position stayed the same; shoulders back, feet slightly apart with one in front of the other, stare ahead and expectant, waiting for him to turn.

____

Stealth and deception forgotten, Nox would indeed turn with an wrath filed snarl, cold and yet passionate with fury and disbelief, blue eyes wide and shining with a hate he normally reserved for his enemies. For this is what he first assumed, an interloper, a remnant of his family's purge, come to hunt down the disgraced and oft-hidden prodigal son, forever wishing to eliminate the Caer line from existence. They'd hunted him for fifty years, and another night would not be the last, no, especially now that there may be rumors about his visit out of the city...

Yet they had been so careful, him and that maggot who had led him...

Still, with glaringly bright white attire, long raven hair dancing in an unfelt breeze, Nox would indeed turn to her, wrenching his single claw from the wall, plaster and sand like grit raining down on the alley between him and his foe, or at least what he interpreted as one. "Who are you to attack me so?!" A voice filled with indignation and rage boomed out from his nearly seven foot frame.

____

She stayed motionless - too still. Her conjured darkness continued to keep them covered from any unlikely, preying, weak eyes. There wasn’t much space between them, she could reach him in a mere second if she wanted to. But she had no intentions of getting too close.

When the rubble had settled and the demanding voice’s echo had faded, she levelled her gaze on him steadily. She wasn’t intending to seem intimidating, in fact, the idea that she could seem menacing to this particular creature was laughable. It was funny how such a mundane thing as height still had its place in a mind gifted with supernatural power.

She wasn’t one for keeping up appearances, but even she was fairly certain as to who this was. The last Caer, and an apparently reasonably paranoid one too. Her head cocked to the side, intrigued. She wanted to play, but she’d already tarnished her house’s reputation enough. Mrs Roux was running out of polish.

But she had already decided that tonight was hers.
Emily seemed to purr. It was an amused noise.

“I have a message for you” she said, her slightly blue lips curling into a sardonic smirk.

____

A message? Surely this had to be a jest of some kind. While her 'attack', if it could even be called such a thing, had been aimed at him, he wasn't so blind as to not notice its obscuring effect. It was meant to block out sight, no snuff out his undead life. He could understand, it was true enough. Privacy in this city, especially with their kind, was both a necessity and a constant desire. He understood completely, right away.

Nox had not been raised a fool.

"What sort of message? If you are here as a delivery girl of sorts, then get on with it. I'm a tad peckish and was in the middle of a hunt, girl." Something struck him as off about this female, immediately. The air that had floated around Sanina wasn't present. There was no soft malice, no aura of noble arrogance and fel cunning. Sometimes the curse affected the minds, such as with his family. Arguably insane. She reminded him of his long slain sister. "Well?"

____

Emily did a bad job of trying to hide her slight start at the moment he mentioned hunting. Her gaze drifted, swooped down the street and to the next right turn off. As if on cue, the sound of distant footsteps drifted into audibility. Small heels on cobbles. The girl with the red hair.

Her impression changed from playful to protective. Emily had never been a subtle person, not even in her human life, and so, her delicacy had been further lost in the amplification of other, more dominant traits after the change. Her lips pressed together as she regarded him.

“This area is reserved. You’re out of bounds” she said smoothly, regaining some control and tossing her hair in a quite childish attempt to seem eminent.

And so, she began digging her own demise. Her lies could get her into serious trouble, but she failed to see that, yet again.

____

A menacing smile would quickly flit across his face, before vanishing just as quickly, his own ears picking up the footsteps. "I see. Well, that is a shame indeed. If only I belonged to a house that had set hunting grounds, so I'd have my own. Then I wouldn't have to step on any toes. Alas..."

An over exaggerated shrug before he'd start towards her, a callous, prideful saunter. In truth, Nox realized he should be doing more to stay hidden, stay out of sight until the Lessard woman sent for him. But his mass feeding in her cellar, their long talk, the explicit detail of it all had re-ignited his bloodlust, and worse still, his destructive pride, the one he had inherited from his long dead and still feared patriarch.

"Still...why waste a meal?" The giant would ask as his eyes once more filled with the soft, contemptuous cyan light, his stride never slowing.

____

Her somewhat rational stint over, Emily growled as he began walking towards her heedlessly. She wasn’t usually one to sense others tones - but that haughty mockery was too much to pass even her by. Her gaze grew only more aggressive.

He was going to ruin everything. All of her plans.

The darkness rushed away down the street, racing from the core – her – until it dissolved into the distance. She’d brought back the moonlight, bathing them in its ghostly shine. It illuminated her veins and resolve.

The Caer was closing the space between them, but Emily was away in a blur before he could get too near. Up along the wall to the right, as though her very centre of gravity had changed. Her hands, now clawed, grasped the ledge, and with a kick off the bricks she flipped over and landed barefoot on the rooftop. Mere seconds had passed, and after two more of careful listening, she sped off in as straight a line as she could manage with reluctant inconspicuousness towards the girl with the red hair.

The girl was almost home, where she thought she’d see spiders in every shadowy corner, but where she thought she’d be safe.

And there it was, as she landed from a leap across an alleyway, the beats thrummed within her mind. She raised a hand – an unnecessary gesture, but it was a habit – and stole the girl with the red hair’s veins. Allowing it to flow as normal, she could almost taste it already. Emily was convinced that she’d win this day, and if that meant no one savouring this blood, then, regretfully, so be it.

She’d slowed some, but was nearly there. Just one more spring and a drop to the pavement, and she’d have her.

____

Aaahh...So that was it, was it? Interesting. He'd stumbled across her prey, and the female was jealously guarding it. Nox watched with keen eyes as she flipped up and over the walls, taking an appreciative gander at the moonlight glinting off her legs. It was good to be out amongst the night again. In solitude, there was no so thing as company, particularly of the female variety.

However, his pride would always overtake his other feelings, especially now when the hunger was upon him. With lighting speed, Nox would remove his sterling, impeccably clean white coat, fold it, and sit it neatly on a stack of dry-ish, disposed boxes before taking off on the ground level. He wasn't fast, at least not as fast as the female appeared to be, but Nox had a different advantage; raw power and a hatred of subtlety.

Running along the streets would take time. Jumping to the roofs would take time. Turning to mist to travel on the wind could prove more detrimental than any other form of travel. If his claws had told him anything, the building material around him was weak.

Up on the roofs, the girl would hear a violent crash and feel a terrible tremor as Nox merely smashed through the alley wall and out the other side, like the walls were nothing but paper before his might. A cloud of dust and rubble would float upwards as he came out the other side. The screams and the dog howls began then, as the noise began to reach the ears of the living who were still about the night, and particularly those in the homes he tore through.

Another crash. And another. Nox's hand, outstretched, less than ten yards from the vibrant red hair that spoke to his hunger like a beacon.

____

Emily had dropped silently to the cobbles, prepared to linger and strike. But once again, the Caer was set to ruin everything.

The girl with the red hair had started, and her footsteps had quickened at the commotion. As the crashing drew closer, she’d ended up practically cowered. But then Emily stole her. As her opponent’s hand crashed through solid brick, her hold on the girl’s heart tightened; her blood flow slowed, her heart stuttered. She choked as blood rushed to stop her screaming. A dribble of red trickled from the corner of her mouth, scarlet on pristine paleness. This was sad. Emily’s expression seemed pained. She pulled on her hold, yanking the girl towards her like a puppeteer.

Emily wasn’t watching her. She was waiting for the other vampire to emerge. Her stare now grew more cautious. People called her crazy. But she hadn’t a death wish. The Sylvestre’s would likely be seething after this.

She should run, even she knew this. She wanted no part of the blame in the destruction that had took place tonight. But she also wanted to win. Her mind seemed sluggish as it tried it’s hardest to be reasonable as the scent of her blood perfumed the dusty air.

No, she would still win. She waited for the Caer to fully appear. They didn’t have a lot of time, she could tell by the noisy terror that blossomed around them.

____

With one final explosion of dust and debris, the Caer broke through the final wall, emerging between Emily and her prey, no, HIS prey. No one stole from the Caer, even if they had first claim. The pride of his house was at stake, and despite the fact that his house no longer stood, he could feel his father, the Patriarch Caer watching over his shoulder. "Don't let a lesser house take what you desire. It is not our way, child of mine." Kind words, but only those in their blood-kin could see the true meaning of their father's words. Win or perish. There is no room for weakness or mercy in their household.

Covered in filth, bit of rock clinging to his skin and clothes, wood splinters sticking out of his arms and tangled in his hair, the condescending mockery and pride that had filled Nox before, when they last stood near each other was no replaced with a pale, cold blue shine, hunger and havoc personified.

"She is mine!" A roar, loud enough to shatter nearby windows, kicking up dust, a puddle of water nearby freezing and shattering instantly as a cold beyond cold filled the street around them, his blazing cyan eyes fixed squarely on Emily's features.

____

Emily took a sharp, wary step backwards. He seemed manic. She was poised like a dancer, ready for a twisty escape at the slightest sign of attack.

She didn’t flinch at his thunder, but she was shaken. The cold that engulfed was enough to make her hair begin to freeze. Silver strands, iced in motion. She let out a breath that didn’t mist the glacial air.

Her head tilted, taking in the monster swallowed by instinct. Then she smiled. It was strangely sweet, and content.

“Fine.”

The hand that was still outstretched closed slowly into a fist. And then it opened again, quickly.
Like an explosion.

Blood everywhere; skin and guts splattered the Caer and their surroundings. Mostly intact bones clattered to the ground. Lone droplets seemed to freeze mid-air. The smell was overpowering, crazily tormenting. She drew it in, with a long, sensual breath. She inhaled what the girl with the red hair had left behind.

Emily was far from happy. But she was satisfied.

And then she ran.

____

Nox blinked several times, his frenzy momentarily forgotten. Covered in blood, succulent and sweet, the Caer couldn't help but take a long, slow lick from his own skin, ignoring the ashy dirty taste of the dust covering him underneath the sanguine. Delicious. Looking about, part of him wanted to chase down the girl, continue their fun. This was a joyous night.

And then he heard the sirens. The bells. The shouts. Saw the lights in the distance, quickly closing in.

Nox looked about, scanning the area rapidly. Scooping up a few select pieces, at least those that were mostly intact, he quickly slammed one down his own throat, relishing in the feeling of flesh sliding down his gullet, letting out a low soft moan. He turned to run before stopping. Something compelled Nox. Hand drenched in blood, he scrawled something on the door the red haired girl had been racing for. Something not seen in the city for fifty years. The sigil of House Caeruleum, a sickle moon inside an upside down triangle, surrounding by blood runes of the old language. Admiring his work, he knew his sire would be proud.

Ducking into the alley from whence he came, he scooped up his pristine trench coat, making sure to clean his hands first, before once more vanishing into the night...

as written by Emperor Jester ad CelticCat

The night wasn't young, not anymore, not here in the Merveileux district. In many other cities, the middle class neighborhoods would seem gratuitously decent, but in Lutetia, it is one step away from shady. This houses the largest concentration of the necromancer’s population, and it is very familiarly so. The Gothic presence was never so strong. Gargoyles are perched upon most buildings, and outside of many houses are small trinkets announcing the necromancer’s faith. Merveilleux suffers from occasional flooding during exceptionally heavy rains, but nowhere near the damages that are prevalent within the slums. The crimson garbed Hunter, not associated with the Society by any means, made his routinely rounds, nodding his hat to any passerbys that dared to wander the streets tonight. It...made Parov sad, almost. This area had, until recently, been considered safe, or at least as safe could get in Lutetia. But the attack last night on the young red headed girl had been a wake up call. And a warning. The Caer were back, after fifty years, the Blue Devil vampire family had emerged again, when all thought they'd been erased from existence, half a century ago. Still...It made him nervous. The torn down walls, the blood splatters covering almost half a block, the sigil painted on the walls...Parov had confidence, but not that much. Still...still...

A slender figure walked briskly past the scene, only stopping to hover for a moment. Her green eyes flashed with concern and curiosity, but she pressed forward. She looked young, younger than she really was, and pulled the hoodie closer around her small figure. It wasn't a time to be wandering around in necromancer turf, but extenuating circumstances were not to be fought. Her foster mother was probably out of the apartment again, so she doubted anyone would even notice, even worry...She bit her lower lip and surveyed the street cautiously, suddenly aware of the danger she could've placed herself in. More than her usual jaunt to her only university friend's house, and tension was almost palpable in the air. As soon as she noticed someone else on the path, she hesitated. Perhaps she should've stayed the night...pretended to be human if her friend's parents asked...Indecision gripped her.

To this new person, Parov stopped in his stride. He was nervous, to be sure. Confidence could only carry one so far, and overall, Parov was relatively new to this. Despite their distance, he could tell something was off about the girl before him. Innocent enough it seemed, but something tugged at his sword arm, a will or intent. Still, that could just be a predisposition against all things supernatural. For all he knew, she could be were, and therefor illegal to kill without sanction. She'd probably notice that he had no smell. The air was clear tonight, no rain for once, and the wind was gentle, almost calm. If her sense of hearing was more tuned than that of a humans, she'd probably also be able to tell how slow his heart rate was. However, to him, it was racing. What should he do? With a fleeting bit of courage, Parov tipped his hat upwards, exposing his face. "Evening, little lady. What're you doing out on your own, so late at night?"

The teen didn't seem to hear him at first, simply stayed frozen with her head tilted a little away from him and her breathing rate increasing the slightest bit. She should've known he was there before looking, but she didn't. No smell, and his noises were almost insignificant against the background noise of the city. It couldn't be...they wouldn't -- to the same area? She slowly swiveled her head towards him, her body trembling as if from the cold. She stared silently at him with her cold, almost unfocused eyes. Her muscles tensed all over her body as she prepared for the worst and soundlessly she reached her hand into a pocket in her hoodie jacket, pulling out a fairly small, black device. She was too afraid to avert her gaze from him for a moment, though...so again she was frozen with indecision.

He could practically hear her bones rattling from here. That wouldn't do. He was here to protect people, girls in particular, from the super-natural. What about him got her so worked up so quickly. The incident had only happened a month ago, if that, not enough time for the young man to realize the physical changes to his body. "Miss, its all right, I promise. I'm not here to hurt a hair on your head. My word as a Hunter." Most within the Society guarding their occupations as a secret, but Parov was no such man. After all, the Society had cast him aside, so to hell with their rules. "Promise. If it makes you feel better, I'll...do something?" A way to settle her fears really didn't come to his head, not yet anyway. It was the thought that counted though, right?

The word 'hunter' seemed to jolt the girl into reacting. She took a small step back, almost subconsciously and then began to type quickly into her phone, glancing up at him every few moments warily. Then she fixed her gaze back on him, hardening herself. An emotionless, mechanical female voice rang out, "I was visiting a friend." She fidgeted from foot to foot anxiously, feeling adrenaline coursing through her as her mind urged her more and more for a response -- fight or flight. She fought back, as much as she could, to hold still. To stay. A Hunter wasn't the worst thing she could've run into on her way back -- at least under most circumstances. She tried to calm herself, to act normal, or better yet to act like a human. She'd been one for most of her life after all. She didn't need to feel guilt or fear, and she couldn't let herself either, a Hunter could probably tell.

Could...she not talk? A mute maybe, or a vow of silence? Technology would help her get around either. She looked young, the more time he took to study her. Younger than him by probably half a decade. Still, looks weren't to be trusted in this city. At least she seemed to be breathing, and hustling. Truth, he did look awfully suspicious, and given the recent events here, he couldn't blame her. Rolling his shoulders, the cleaver-saw on his back rustled on its hinges, a very brief, soft, metalic sound. "Well...be careful then. There's been talk of...well...I don't think I have to say who..." He didn't want to, really. Parov, as a mostly normal human being, feared them with the same intensity if not more than even other vampires...There was no other word to describe the Caer than monsters, given the wreckage around the two of them. "Would you like an escort, miss?"

A slight frown tugged at the corners of her mouth and it took a few moments before she finally managed to begin typing into her phone again. She hesitated and seemed to delete everything and start over again several times before deciding on an answer. "I don't think you were going my way." The voice didn't give her away, but the chewing on her lip may've disclosed her discomfort at the thought of a long walk. But even then...A Hunter escorting her into the heart of her pack's territory? She ran the free hand through a stray lock of hair nervously, the gears in her head turning. Of course, if she went back...

"If the offer seems...strange to you, please note that my intentions are pure. I merely wish to keep you safe, from whatever might be wandering around tonight. Especially...them." Not just the Caer this time. Vampires in general. Most citizens liked to pretend they didn't exist, or were outright ignorant about them. Parov didn't believe in playing games. Besides...he wanted to get moving, somewhere, anywhere else than here.

Right. He was just a Hunter who wished to escort a girl -- a normal human girl -- back to her home on a perilous night. She swallowed and carefully typed into her phone again. "I live in Lupaix. It's a long walk. Maybe just to the edge of Vargeras?" She worried that revealing her home territory might be a hint to her background, but there were plenty of humans in the area as well. She'd lose maybe a bit of her seeming vulnerability being from such a rough area, but still. An escort home was...a somewhat comforting thought.

He didn't approach her, but bowed, somewhat over-dramatically, but it might just seem that way. In truth, he almost fumbled half-way through and ended up dipping lower than he wanted to. Parov was red behind his crimson shawl and hat. "Well then, if thats what you'll consent to, than the edge of Vargeras it is." Hmm...Why not all the way into Lupaix though? Most people would pay good money for decent protection when traveling at night. Another clue that tipped him off, to at least be slightly suspicious. "After you, Miss." Parov said, gesturing back the way he had come.

A quick tapping and a "Thank you," rang out from her before she stuffed her hand with the phone in her pocket and began walking in the direction of home. Her mind was spinning a little, if they ran into anyone who recognized her from the university or otherwise she'd be made. She fidgeted nervously with the device, keeping it handy in case he tried to make small talk. It would, after all, be a long walk.

Parov did in fact want to make small talk. Not at first, but as the walk dragged on and the silence of the night began to weigh on him. Were they, they being the residents, that frightened of the Caer? Sure, he had heard stories, but he hadn't lived through their reign as others had. He was much too young to remember anything, except for the after effects. Not wanting to seem an inexperienced coward, however, eventually he worked out the nerve to speak, coughing lightly under his large brimmed, red hat. "So...you have a friend who lives all the way out here? Seems like a dangerous place for normal people..."

The girl was content to pass their walk in silence and was almost startled when he spoke. It was easy to forget he was even there...She thought for a moment about his question. "She's smart. She can take care of herself. Her family also lives with her." She fidgeted somewhat as the voice rang out. The monotonous quality of her own "voice" often bothered her, but it was more poignant now that she was trying to act normal. Normalcy had been robbed from her.

He thought that over for a moment. Parov didn't question it as much as he maybe should've. It was still a rather long way to walk, even if visiting a friend. Especially for one so young. If he had to hazard a guess, he'd probably place her fresh into her college years. He was almost jealous. Some felt the call to live a normal life, others not so much. It wasn't really his own decision that had thrust this life style on him however. Circumstance could be a bitch. "Well, still. It doesn't seem safe enough for this to be a common occurrence. The streets are getting more dangerous by the day. None of my business to tell a young girl what to do with herself though."

The teen rolled one of her slight shoulders and frowned slightly. She wasn't so defenseless, but he didn't really need to know that, did he? She simply typed into her phone, "There were extenuating circumstances. I don't usually go all this way on my own." It wasn't technically a lie, but it wasn't really the full truth either. However, it seemed like the best amount of information to offer at the moment.

Having full control of his Spirit was a blessing in certain situations. Sending out the invisible energy of his soul to scout ahead helped him steer the two of them away from any suspicious individuals and it wasn't long before they had both lapped into silence and reached the border of the Merveileux district. It was maddening. Figures, a cute girl needing an escort happened to be an introverted mute. Still, could be worse. They could've actually run into something tonight. So far so good. "Can I get your name at least?" Ouch. That might've come out snappier than he had intended. Truth was, Parov was just a bundle of nervous twitches and paranoia at the moment. The night was only deepening around them.

The teen took a few steps into her home territory and let out a soft, breathy sigh of relief. She pivoted on her heel to face him, visibly more comfortable now. Her name...? For tracking purposes, he'd need her real name, but...her nickname was something she could share. Only her pack would really know her by it. "I'm called Raquette," her phone chimed emotionlessly. If he paid attention to her face, she'd put on a small smile beneath the hood. Then, she turned and started off towards home.

He smiled in return, though perhaps he misunderstood the meaning behind her own grin. He simply thought she was being flirty. "Parov. I can't say I hope we meet again, but if we do, I'll count myself lucky." Especially considering all the other people or creatures he could encounter in her stead. "Be safe! Stick to the lights and try not to meet anyone else suspicious tonight!" He called after her, before the young man returned to his rounds, back to stalking the alleyways with a combination of nervous jitters and determination.

as written by Script

The clock had ticked past eleven by the time Pierette's car pulled up outside the address that Arien had given the proselytes. The street wasn't residential - the majority of the buildings lining the road were warehouses of one variety or another. A fair few cars were parked along the road, ranging from a few rusty old bangers all the way up to a sleek and expensive-looking white roadster, parked right outside the party.

Two-Ninety-One Coterie Avenue was a large brick warehouse building just off of the road. It was two storeys tall, with blacked out lattice windows in its front. A faded sign proclaiming 'Coterie Avenue Apartments Available Next Year!' with an illegible number listed below leaned sadly against its wall. The front entrance was propped open, letting light of bright and shifting colours spill out onto the street, and a dark-haired young man was visible standing just by the door. He was in the process of greeting a couple of new arrivals and ushering them inside. The low thrum of loud music was audible from several buildings away.

There was no doubting that they were in the right place.

as written by Krysis

Pierette's driving was actually better after the shop stop. She seemed almost mellowed, grinning goofily at the proselytes when they piled back into her car. She was paying more attention to the road as well, since she had to be sure not to miss the turns she wanted in order to find decent parking. She had almost left Inarin and Jimmy behind until Celeste had reminded her that there were four students, not just two.

Celeste had managed to buy a case of twelve bottles of water from the drugstore instead of the single bottle she had wanted. It made an uncomfortable foot rest in the back seat, but she figured that Pierette might actually use the leftovers and not be able to trade something so mundane as water for anything less healthy.

At the warehouse/apartment/party, Pierette bounced out of the car almost before she finished putting it into park. She grinned at the younger people, and wagged a finger at them, "Now you're here. I never said anything about taking you back. I intend to have soooo much fun tonight, you are better off finding your own way to your lonely beds. Got it?"

Celeste looked stunned and started to protest, "Perilous, you can't be serious. How are we supposed to--?"

Pierette shrugged, "Call a cab." and then would rush to the door to see if the dark-haired young man would let her in, even if she had to point at the proselytes to convince him.

The normally serious Celeste looked downright panicked at the thought of having a cab pull up in front of the monastery grounds. She looked to Aaro without thinking about it, since he was the one she knew best of all the proselytes present. "What do we do? Are we still going in?"

as written by Faithy

Perhaps it was the two items he purchased or maybe Pierette learned how to drive while they were separated, but Jimmy wasn’t as apprehensive as they headed towards the party. Exhaling, he closed his eyes, leaning his head back, still in the front seat thanks to his lanky legs. Now that he wasn’t focusing on what she was doing, he allowed himself to ponder on what kind of party they were about to walk into and how much trouble they were going to get in, not from the monastery, but from the others that were also invited to the party. Thrusting out the negative thoughts, he couldn’t wait to start drinking and rolled back his shoulders, easing out the tension as she pulled up near their destination. His brow arched at the conversation between the sisters and he didn’t want to admit it, but it was probably best that she didn’t take them home.

“Hnn, I could always knock her out and hijack her keys.” Jimmy grinned a little, only a little serious before he too looked over at Aaro and then Inarin.

“I don’t know about you three, but I didn’t sneak out just to go back without actually stepping foot inside that building. We can take a cab most of the way and just hoof it in the rest of the way, no big deal. But, if you lot don’t want to go inside, then I’ll see you back later.” Jimmy grinned and slid his arms behind his head, glancing up at the sky for a moment.

as written by duramon

The relatively quiet exterior of the warehouse was loudly split open by the revving of a motorbike, the screeching of tires sounding down the road as a black bike roared towards the entrance. Finally it skidded to a stop next to the Proselyte's party vehicle of choice, two individuals wearing the standard fully encased bike helmets climbing off it. A muffled "Man that was awesome" came out from behind the drivers helm and the decidedly feminine figure stepped towards the Proselyte party, slipping off her helmet and hanging it on the handlebars of her vehicle.

Rei stretched her arms high above her back, her unique pink and black gloves slipped on her hands as per usual. She was wearing a white tank top, a black criss-cross pattern choker slipped around her neck, the strap of her side bag hanging on her shoulder. Denim short-shorts attached to pink stockings lead down to her black combat boots which she swung back and forth on as she stretched. After a happy sigh as her joints clicked comfortably she turned to the small group, and someone new....a babysitter? Entourage?

Rei shrugged and grinned at the group "Hey there, I heard there was a party here, and I guess we were informed correctly. If you don't know me, the names Rei, I'm a Proselyte, and this is Aurelie." Rei introduced, leaning sideways and waving to Aaro, giving a happy grin to him and a smaller shy wave to Inarin. "So ummm....Aaro said it was okay if us ladies joined you, if thats alright?" Rei offered, running her hand through her hair bashfully.

as written by glmstr

A second helmet found its place on the handlebars as the second feminine figure stepped from the bike and followed Rei. Aurelie simply stretched her arms behind her back, her arms slightly stiff from riding passenger on a motorcycle.

The proselyte's companion was sporting a long open coat, the lower section reaching her ankles but the front not covering the rest of her outfit: A cropped white shirt with black trim and short-shorts with the opposite color scheme meant a few inches of her pale midriff were showing, and long black boots reached just above her knee. The boots had a very minor heel of an inch or two, but that still caused Aurelie's walk to have a mild sway with each step.

"If you don't know me, the names Rei, I'm a Proselyte, and this is Aurelie." Rei introduced her, so she smiled and waved briefly. "So ummm.... Aaro said it was okay if us ladies joined you, is that alright?"

"We won't tell anyone, we'd get in just as much trouble if they found out," she shifted her weight a few times while waiting for their response.

as written by Ronin

"Hey, I'm certainly not about to back out," Aaro climbed out of the car and straightened his posture, "calling a cab or no, we came this far. Let's not turn back-"

He stopped speaking as Aurelie and Rei approached them. The proselyte froze in place. Shit. He hadn't actually expected them to come. Sneaking out of the Monastery was an enormous risk - one that Aaro and his friends had not made lightly. Had Rei really risked expulsion just to meet up with a boy? Did she really expect to get to know him well in a place like this? This girl clearly had little-to-no understanding of social boundaries.

"Uh. Yeah. So..." Aaro rubbed behind his head, "...I kind of told Rei about what was going on." He chuckled nervously. "And apparently she wanted to come with her friend. So uh. Here they are."

He shrugged, a goofy grin spread across his jaw. "The more the merrier, right?"

Besides, he wouldn't mind getting close to Aurelie over the course of the night.

as written by Script

Inarin blinked after Pierette as she hurried away, before sighing. "A taxi is probably safer, too..." he remarked. He swung the door of her car shut behind himself, shaking his head.

When he spotted Rei, his eyebrows rose in surprise. He recognised her from their class, as one of the other proselytes who almost always got top marks on tests. He'd always found it strange that she never really participated in class despite clearly knowing the material. At her wave, he flashed her an equally shy smile.

The young proselyte was dressed surprisingly well, considering his bookish nature. It was in situations like this that his moneyed background was evident - his outfit was easily worth more than several years of the proselytes' allowance. One with a keen eye for fashion might note that the majority of it was sourced from Fil d'Or Idé, a mind-bogglingly expensive boutique in Saint Lemeux. Despite its obviously tailor-made measurements, he managed to look awkward in it, occasionally tugging at a crimson cuff uncomfortably.

"I guess I don't see why it would be a problem now you're here," he said, shrugging. "It's nice to meet you, Aurelie. And nice to finally talk to you, Rei." Aaro had probably been foolish to tell anyone, especially a proselyte they didn't know very well, but ... all was well that ended well, right? He was too nervous to really be annoyed.

Meanwhile, over at the door, Pierette had been halted by the teenager consigned to watching it. "Uhh... I don't see your name on the list..." he mumbled monotonously. "You'll have to wait for your friends if they are ... they're allowed plus ones."

as written by Krysis

Pierette scowled at the teenager, and stepped to one side to wait for her sister. Folding her arms and tapping her foot, it was clear that the tall, scrawny female was not going to be patient about it either. To be fair, with her faded punk hairdo, torn up jeans that showed just how skinny her legs were, and a loose tie-dyed camisole top, the older woman didn't look like the sort of person Arien would have invited. Especially not if he had actually met her.

Celeste took one look at Rei and Rei's friend, then turned on Aaro, slamming the door of the car behind her as she advanced in a decidedly unfriendly way, fast enough that her short, fluffy, scarlet skirt whipped around her thighs. If he tried to escape, she'd catch him by the arm as she leaned close to hiss near his ear. "What were you thinking, inviting her? All the teachers watch her constantly and she wouldn't know the meaning of discrete if it bit her in the ass!"

Celeste had always disliked Rei, from the very first time they had met, without really knowing why. Everything that Celeste had to struggle with, Rei seemed to do as easily as breathing. They were the same age, so the competition had been going on for quite some time, at least on Celeste's side. Even now, when Celeste had finally become the best with the sword in their year, she suspected that Rei was about to come out with some sleek new gimmick that would overshadow and supplant her once more.

What was worse, Celeste often got the feeling that Rei didn't care, that it was all just a great big waste of time to the girl with the prosthetic limbs. Which was really upsetting to the athletic brunette, who had devoted her life to training to be a perfect paladin.

as written by duramon

Rei wasn't sure how everyone felt about her being there, it seemed to be okay for now but there was still some animosity about her arrival. Rather, her invitation by Aaro was the hot topic amongst the group, and their plus one was impatiently waiting by the door. It was best not to press the question of her welcomeness she felt, so she shyly advanced towards Inarin and gave him an awkward smile.

"Sorry about causing an issue" She whispered after arriving at his side "I was trying to find you when I ran into Aaro, so I'm just happy you're fine with me." She finished, swinging her arms around to be held behind her back, swinging back and forth on her heels as she often did when she was nervous or unsure. She took a step towards the entrance before seeming to remember something "Oh!" She clicked her fingers and a scroll leaped into her hand, she passed it to Inarin with a playful wink "Blueprints for my new toy, I thought a smart guy like you might enjoy them. Keep it hush hush though~" She teased, bringing a finger up to her lips and smiling happily. She wasn't sure if this was appropriate for a party, or if this was how you made friends, but she'd been meaning to get another opinion anyway.

Within the blueprints were the details of her magnetic frequency theory and its applications, attached to the blueprints for the final construction of her prosthetic shock glove. Detailed there-in was a theory for utilizing The Silver as a weapon, magnetizing blades for fine hands-free control and a brightglass construction for her arm. "It's just a rough copy, if you're not interested though you better give it back." She quipped, turning to the entrance finally, waving her prosthetic arm in the air as if volunteering.

"If we get caught I dibs taking the blame while you guys bail, I love a good chase scene." She announced playfully, tonight was going to be fun, even if she had no idea how parties worked.

as written by glmstr

Aurelie let out a small laugh at Rei's statement.
"I like your enthusiasm, but I think you won't need to do that." Rei could be pretty cute sometimes in her naivety, and this was definitely one of those times. "Unless someone dies or something, we won't get caught," she shrugged and glanced at the door.
"So why can't we get in? Are we waiting on someone?"

as written by Faithy

When two others arrived, Jimmy mused while trying to figure out who the two girls were. He vaguely recognized them, but unfortunately, he didn’t really get on well with the women-folk. Shaking his head, he let the others interact with each other, unsure why Aaro felt it necessary to tell two others about the party. He shot the male a look before heading towards the front door where Pierette was waiting impatiently. Stepping over towards her, he prodded the pink haired female in the side.

“So, why didn’t you become a proselyte like your sister, Pierette?” Hopefully the question wasn’t a hot topic. Glancing back at the others, he sighed and took the female’s hand, moving over to Arien.

“Hey, it’s Jimmy Ó’Suaird. I should be on the list. This is my plus one.” He smiled, hoping that his name was on the list.

as written by Ronin

"Ow ow owwww...." Aaro groaned as Celeste grabbed him by the arm, "would you... ugnnn..." He attempted to wrestle free of her grip, "...quit worrying? Rei may not know how to be discrete, but what does it matter? We're already out of the Monastery. The risky business is over." He straightened his shirt. "It's not like she can do any harm. She's just another party-goer." He smirked. "Or are you jealous that you're no longer the only one in heels?" He shot a glance back at Rei and Aurelie. They certainly knew how to dress...

The proselyte turned and walked up next to Jimmy, offering a smile. "She's my 'plus-one'." He nodded to Aurelie. "And I guess that makes Rei In's." Aaro turned just in time to see Rei sidle up to Inarin and hand him what looked like schematics. Sweet Selene. Was that meant to be a flirting tactic? The only solace to it all was that Inarin was maybe just as socially handicapped so as not to realize how odd Rei was being.

as written by Script

"Trying to find me?" Inarin blinked confusedly, "What for?"

His confusion only grew as she handed him the blueprints, and he seemed to hesitate on the cusp of saying something more, but instead settled for looking down to glance over them. "I ... ah... I'll have to look at them in more detail later, but thank you. You're much better than I am at designing gadgets and that sort of thing, so I'm sure it will be great." He smiled then, looking up and following after her to the door. He folded the blueprints and tucked them into his pocket carefully.

The boy at the door glanced over his list as they each told him their names, before nodding glumly. "Yeah, you're on here. Okay, go in."

He waved dismissively, stepping aside to let them pass.

Inside, Inarin's eyes widened.

The inside of the warehouse was far from the dingy and grimy mess with some speakers tacked on that a part of him had been expecting. It seemed that the building had been seriously dressed up; the place looked like prior to the scattering of discarded cups and bottles from the party, it had actually been clean. Lights had been rigged to the ceiling, casting colour on the entire building as they rotated through a vibrant spectrum of hues. At the far end of the large chamber, a set of impressive looking sound equipment was set up atop a raised platform, where a woman with a luminescent purple mohawk was DJing. The music pulsed with a heavy bass that sent vibrations through the entire building.

A makeshift bar was positioned to the right of the building where a trio of surprisingly well dressed bartenders were taking orders from a throng of people. The party was in full swing, and a large crowd of dancers rippled around the DJ in time with the beat, many locked into pairs with their bodies pressed together in what looked as much like a mating display as a dance.

It was all, in a word, overwhelming.

Inarin found his eyes drawn over to the left side of the room, where what looked like a VIP section had been erected on another slightly raised stage, roped off and apparently being guarded by a tall bald man in a suit. A second bar was located there along with a number of sofas, on which no more than half a dozen people were lounging. He immediately picked out one amongst them - dressed up in a tight-fitting white shirt - Arien.

"Th... There's Arien," he stammered, pointing the other boy out, "should we... Should we go over?"

The air in the warehouse was thick with... something. Perhaps it was adrenaline, or perhaps it was just body heat, but there was no denying the heady aura in the room. Inhibitions slipped and desires were amplified, heartbeats set racing and blood flowing. The effect wasn't immediate, but the longer one was there, the more it would become intoxicating.

as written by Krysis

Pierette gave Jimmy a grim smile when he asked about her, slipping her arm around his shoulders and letting her bony side press against his in a way that was far too familiar for the short time since they had met. Her dark blue eyes were fierce, but still playful, like a hungry cat might look at a mouse that couldn't get away. "I was already too old when something ate our mother. Cel was just a baby, and we couldn't care for her proper, so we gave her to the church. That way she could grow up and get vengeance for the woman she doesn't even remember."

Once they were inside, Pierette would force a kiss on Jimmy's cheek before letting him go and gravitating towards the dance area. She was already bouncing in time with the music, waving a greeting at the DJ. Not that she expected the young artist to remember her, but one never knew where the next hint would come from.

Celeste lingered at the back of the group, stunned and hurt at Aaro's suggestion that she only was upset because of the gender of the other two that had shown up so unexpectedly. And then the way he had looked at the really pale girl. Celeste's self esteem wasn't very good at the best of times, and then that blatant preference for someone else's charms, when she was trying to talk to Aaro, just crushed what confidence she had managed to build up. She got shuffled in with another group that showed up at about the same time, and buffeted about until she was no where near the others.

At first, when Celeste spotted Arien, she thought about going directly to him. Well, maybe she'd just drift past the VIP section to see if he wanted her to join him. After all, if she went in and was ignored, it would hurt. If she tried to go in and was rebuffed, it would hurt. So better to just make herself available, in her second hand finery, and hold on to what dignity she could manage.

as written by glmstr

Aurelie walked through the doors with Aaro, and was immediately taken aback by the sheer scale of the party. She'd been to quite a few before, but nothing this huge. The purple mohawk caught her eye, she recognized this DJ. It was NecroDancer, a rather popular DJ at the time. The huntress has been to a few ND shows and parties before, and they all were quite good. She waved at the artist, hoping she'd notice or even recognize her, and looked back to notice the pained expression on Celeste's face. She worried it might have been her fault, and made a short detour to the bar.

She flagged down a bartender, "Lutetia Sunrise, please," and fished through one of the pockets in her shorts to grab the money she needed. Once the man behind the counter swiftly mixed the sweet and colorful drink and handed it to her, she hurried after Celeste. Upon getting within arm's reach, Aurelie gently tapped the girl's shoulder with her free hand. The thought that she had truly upset someone like that by accident was beginning to gnaw at her, so she had to act.

"You looked really unhappy, is something wrong?"

as written by Faithy

When they were all allowed inside, Jimmy ignored just how closely Pierette was holding onto him. He wanted answers and figured that if he played along, he’d get said answers. Frowning a little at what she had to say, he suddenly realized just why Celeste had reacted the way she did at the café to his words. Sighing when Pierette sauntered off after kissing his cheek, he just shook his head and looked around for the first time, noting where the others were at before realizing that he was alone, so to speak, something that wasn’t all that surprising.

“Hmm… Something’s weird here.” Jimmy slid his fingers through his hair and moved towards the VIP area to give his thanks to Arien and more importantly to start getting drinks. Making his way towards the bar, not heading towards their gracious host quite yet, the proselyte leaned against the counter, ordering a whiskey on ice. Nodding his thanks, he dumped the liquor down his throat, asking for a second one.

____

Alysa hadn’t planned on doing anything fun, especially not since what had happened, but when she had helped Caitia into her temporary bed, the redhead found a piece of paper in her pocket with five words written on it including an address. The four words were hot guy, party, and lastly, get laid. That was enough for the Scion and she was soon heading towards the location on her bike. The female was wearing a smoking red and black skintight dress with a black leather jacket covering the upperpart of her body. Her helmet was also black and red, which not only just matched her outfit, but her thigh high boots as well. Pulling up in front of the warehouse, the werewolf slid off the bike and grinned, setting her helmet down on the seat before draping her leather jacket over it as well. Moving towards the front door, she pulled out the piece of paper and held out towards the individual standing there.

“The name’s Caitia, I should be on the list.” Alysa hoped that was the case, because otherwise, she’d have to sneak in.

Back