Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

"No I am not. I am from Aelora. I wander about, make an honest living as I can, where I can." She explained softly.

She regarded the man closely, he could sense things, but the question was more if he was dangerous or not. She shifted her gaze back to the woman bracing him, she kept covering his conversation as if nervous of revealing something. What were they up to? She wondered in her mind. She smiles on the outside warmly despite her suspicion for the duo.

"So, what is an Animancer?" She asked genuinely, curious what that was.

"That's not somewhere I've heard of before..." Oriane thought aloud. She was well educated, not just in the art of necromancy, but academically. She tried to chalk it up to being a very vague little town.

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and cleared her throat. "Well, an animancer is a magic-user, a little bit like a necromancer, but they deal solely in the manipulation of the spirit. They can study people, for example, to see what type of person they are. They can call down the spirits of the dead for interrogation, they do exorcisms... all sorts of things. Most are in the Order of the White."

Aoife wandered the darkened city streets, eyes darting nervously back and forth. She didn't know where she was anymore, but the excessive overgrowth of ivy and other climbing vines made her more comfortable. It meant there was soil nearby, which meant she wasn't entirely without connection to the earth, even if it wasn't as strong as she would've liked. As she paced down the street, she played with the end of her braid, nervous as all hell.

Having come into Lutetia looking for information about what was happening outside the city, the druid had taken the risk of being less connected to her strengths in order to possibly figure things out. She didn't like what had happened to her in Lornanine, and though she suspected that it was the fault of the witches she'd chased down, she knew there were at least a few other ways to rile up a manticore.

She hugged her thick jacket tighter around herself, her heavy boots splashed through a puddle. She flinched at the sudden change in sound, the difference between it and the ambience of the suburbs around her snapping her out of her mental awareness. All of a sudden, she picked up on something more than just the simplicity of her surroundings. Her sense rose until they were on edge, his breath coming in shorter puffs than before.

The low rumbling of a motorcycle soon echoed throughout the vicinity, Alysa's bike needing a massive tuneup after all it had been through. After spending a great deal of her time searching for Corso, the redhead decided that it was time to cut her losses. If, or rather, when she came back across him, she would deal with the bastard accordingly. Until then, she was going to look for more potential recruits. So far, she was failing in her mission, but it wasn't like she wasn't trying. Caitia had been a good choice since they had been best friends forever, but unfortunately, her bud went insane during her first shift and had to be killed. It was the hardest thing the Scion had to do in her life and it pained her, especially since it was ultimately her fault. Bringing her thoughts back to the present, Alysa sped through the streets of Merveilleux on her blood red cycle, her helmet matching it perfectly. She was on the lookout for a victim and couldn't help but grin at the sight of a female walking down the street alone.

"Hmmm, looks like a perfect specimen." Alysa muttered to herself and pulled the bike over to the side a little way in front of the female before sliding off the bike, her jeans hugging her curves in all the right ways while her black leather jacket covered her upper form, though it also hugged her body in all the right ways. Pulling off the helmet, she placed it on the seat, stretching her body out before glancing towards the stranger, moving towards her, causally.

Aoife her the sudden rumbling in the distance, recognizing it as what had made her more on edge than usual. Why was it that people had to use those blasted machines anyways? Surely a pair of good boots was more than enough. She turned to face the bike's direction before it made the turn onto the street she walked down, watching carefully as it rounded the corner and sped towards her. She almost dove out of the way, but the rider, notably female simply passed her by a ways and turned to stop. As the druid looked on, the rider dismounted, popped off her helmet and began to walk towards Aoife.

"Come nae further," She said, her voice hardly the kind that would denote authority and control at the moment. She shivered once, backing up closer to one of the ivy-covered walls and holding her left hand out before her as if it would stop the woman from approaching. She cleared her throat and tried to put more confidence into her voice, which only somewhat worked.

"Who are ya, an' what is it ya want with me?"

"What was that?" Alysa questioned, head cocking off to the side at the command, if one could even call it that, to stop. "You want me to come closer?" Her brow arched in amusement, words coy and clearly in jest of what the female actually said. She ran her fingers through her red hair, pushing the locks out of her emerald eyes, shoulders popping in the process.. She took a few more steps forward, the heels of her boots clicking against the surface as she moved. The smell of fear was intoxicating to the Scion and she grinned widely, inhaling deeply as she continued to move towards the strange female, smirking at the attempt to show some form of confidence.

"I want to play a game. You like games, right?"

Last edited:
Aoife watched cautiously, fearful as the woman kept coming. She reached back with her right hand, gripping the ivy vines behind her to steady herself, and the soothing waves of natural energy she felt beneath her fingers had a reassuring effect on her. She was still frightened, but no longer without a safety net. Her eyes darted to the side of the building where a hedge was growing, albeit not as healthily as it should have been.

"Oi only like the games where I win, so I don' think this is one Oi'll loike." She grimaced slightly, a mild frustration at her own accent making her sound less than competent. It had always been that way, but when you weren't walking on the legs of man, and instead you were in the body of an animal, accents didn't matter much. "Now Oi said stay back, ya 'ear! Nae further shall ya come, or you'll force mah hand."

Last edited:
Alysa paused in her movement, head once again cocking off to the side as she silently studied the female. Musing for a moment or two, she felt like something was off, especially with the strange tattoos and the way she was clutching onto the ivy vines behind her. Unfortunately, Alysa wasn't as well versed in the different beings than she should be, especially living in Lutetia, but logic dictated that the figure in front of her wasn't just a frightened normal woman, if you could actually call anyone normal. Arms crossed against her chest and she flicked her tongue against her lips, still thinking about what potential danger could occur if she attempted to make her a delicious snack. The accent was also throwing her off quite a bit.

"Hmm... Where are you from, stranger?" She decided to learn a little before deciding what to do, though the threat coming from the stranger did ruffle her fur a little, so to speak. "Also, not wise to threaten someone like me. Let's just play nice, hmm?"

Aoife watched for a moment, standing straighter but not letting go of the greenery. She felt a fierceness starting to well up within her, but she shoved it down. She wasn't here for a fight, she was here to find out things. A fight was the last thing she needed, even if the woman had something a bit too predatory about her. And yet, she'd stopped coming forward and began to ask questions. The druid was caught off guard, and recovered poorly.

"What d'ya mean where'm Oi from? Innit obvious?" She shook her head, the thick braid of auburn hair swinging back and forth a bit with the motion. She sighed and then grumbled under her breath before piping back up. "Oi Oiverian, or is tha' no' plain enough tah see?" With the sudden frustration, her accent became more pronounced, and she chided herself mentally on it.

Last edited:
Alysa blinked at the words coming out of the female's face. Her brow arched a little more and she couldn't help but snort in slight amusement. She had no idea what an Iverian was, if that was actually what had been garbled out. She stepped a little bit closer, arms still crossed against her chest. After musing a little, it dawned on her that she had heard of the place before, but couldn't remember when or where or in what context. The accent was beginning to grate however and she exhaled deeply, rolling her shoulders backwards to pop them again, the beast wanting to come out to play.

"Do you have marbles in your fucking mouth? Shit, I can barely understand a damn word you say. It's distracting. Just because you feel it's obvious, doesn't mean it is obvious. Why are you here? What is your purpose in coming to Lutetia and stop being so damn defensive. You won't last long with that kind of attitude."

Aoife held herself in check, the anger within boiling a little higher than before. The woman's disposition wasn't helping, either, but the druid gripped the vines a bit tighter, causing glimmers of amber light to race from the soil the ivy grew from, up the vines, and into her arm. She grimaced momentarily as the energy surged through her, willing her to act, but relaxed as it dispersed throughout her and flushed her body back into the moment. With great effort to quell her accent, she spoke again.

"Oi am here to learn why in the bloody hell Lornanine is all arseways right now. Oi thought about going to the church, but being what I am, they'd've sooner kicked me back to the curb than help me out." With a second pulse of energy, like a heartbeat, that coursed through the vines and into her, Aoife's senses tuned to rival that of most predators. Suddenly, the woman before her was no longer just a human. She had a scent to her that, without the benefit of her magic, Aoife would have never picked up on. The druid stepped forward, her posture shifting from frightful to confident with the first step, as if there was nothing that could stop her. As her hand left the vine, fingers trailing that same amber light, the leaves curled towards her gently.

"Oi won't last long, will Oi? So says the big bad Wolf, does she?" Aoife laughed slightly and simply looked at Alysa. "What's a cursed creature like yerself want with a Druid like me, answer me that, and then we'll see where this goes, hm?" Despite the size disparity between them, the shorter woman didn't seem nearly as intimidated as before.

A druid. The woman before her was a motherfucking druid. Why couldn't she ever just find someone that was an easy target? First Corso and now this, couldn't she ever get a break? Alysa exhaled deeply, refusing to get all bent out of shape over her inability to do anything useful. Unfortunately for the Iverian, she had absolutely no idea what was going on with Lornanine, but it didn't really matter. Eyes narrowed at the big bad wolf comment and the Scion wanted to show just how big and bad she could be, but since she hadn't messed with a Druid before, didn't want to jump in without a solid plan.

"Well, it's clear we both now what the other is now, so no need to hide behind pleasantries. The name is Alysa and as for what I want with you, it's a wee bit complicated. In truth, I was just out looking for a bastard and picked up on your fear. You really shouldn't be walking out here alone, the streets aren't safe and I'm not talking about just me. There's something brewing in this shithole, something far worse than you could possibly imagine. 'Fraid I don't know what is going on with Lornanine, but perhaps I could help you see the other side of things?" Alysa smiled, trying to be a little less predatory and a little more good Samaritan.

"Somethin' worse, ya say?" She scoffed at the notion. "If it not affectin' the forest, then what care is it of moine. As for walking about alone, I'm fairly handy in a fight. Just, not as strong here in the city, because all the people here have decided that nature isn't quite so important to have around." She frowned a bit, then shook her head.

"So, what's this other side yer talkin' about? Oi'm not lettin' ya turn me, if that's what yer implyin'."

"It will effect everywhere soon, girl. You are fucking naive if you think you're safe with your plants and trees, because if he has his way, it'll all be wiped out and you along with it." Alysa snorted, rolling her eyes before narrowing them when the Druid indicated that she wasn't going to be turned. Grunting a little, she ran her fingers through her hair, not even sure where to go from here. Maybe she could get her away from the nature aspect of the city and take her then.

"So, you got it all worked out, that it?" She questioned, brow arching a little as she tried to figure out a way to lure the female out to an alley where nothing was growing. "Do you really think you're going to stand up to the big baddies? You and your fucking plants?" Alysa growled out her question, arms dropping down to her side.

Aoife bristled at the derisive comments towards her power. There were few enough she knew of who could speak with the wilds, and lesser still were the ones who had the knack to work with and control the powers of a Druid. She could tolerate comments against her person, but to scoff at the power of the world itself was foolhardy. Her eyes gleamed with amber light around their edges, as if it were leaking from within her.

"Ye shouldn' insult the earth that way, ye know. She's not known fer bein' kind to those who see her as nothing but dead ground." She reached an arm behind her, the vine of ivy wilting and dying as the essence of it's life was pulled to Aoife, providing her a substantial boost to her body's capabilities. She never bothered to figure out how it happened, but what she did know is that in doing this, she would owe her Great Mother much for the Ivy's life. As her arm came to rest beside her, a barely-visible amber streak trailed from each of her fingers, causing grass to spring through the asphalt of the road beneath the arc her arm made, bidden to her power like leaves to sunlight.

"Ye have nae idea the power she holds, and though Oi can only tap a small portion, Oi am more than capable enough." She stepped forward, took one step to the side, and with grace beyond human ability she spun and placed herself behind Alysa, back touching back. The speed she moved at was fast enough to provide a slight blur, though she was still visible throughout the motions. "We Druids, those who study long enough, become powerful enough ta grow whole forests overnight from good soil. Nature herself cannot be quelled, for any livin' bein', no matter how distant from the strength of the earth, is tied to her and ta kill her would be to kill themselves." She smirked, and then spun again, flicking one hand around her head as she did so, coming to rest facing the back of Alysa, a golden orb hovering above her hand.

"Oi could teach ye. If nothing else, Oi could teach you why ye should respect her, but if ye've the knack, Oi could teach ye the secrets to do what Oi've learned to do.

Last edited:
Ooh, she hit a nerve. Alysa couldn't stop but smirk a little when told not to insult the earth. In truth, she wasn't against those that had those kind of powers, but she didn't see them as being formidable in an actual all out brawl. Whether or not she was right wasn't clear to the Scion, but at the moment, she didn't really care. It was far more fun pushing buttons. Her arms remained down at her side, hair blowing a little in what wind there was, exposing her emerald eyes before the bangs were right back down in them. Huffing at the sight of the ivy withering, she almost said something, almost accused her of being a murderer of plants, but just kept silent, working through different scenarios. Her eyes did note the grass springing up through the asphalt and was slightly impressed, but still didn't see how that would even be useful in a fight.

"I mean, sure, grass is super deadly." Alysa was about to say more until the female was suddenly behind her, the movement quicker than she was expecting. Turning around, she took a single step backwards, putting a bit of distance between the two, not liking her personal space being intruded upon. Her eyes took in the golden orb and she twitched a little, the hair standing up on the back of her neck as she felt her body tensing up in case that thing was thrown at her.

"I don't see how growing forests is going to help against him... I am not doubting your ability or what you Druids can do and I understand that if the world dies, we die, but I don't think you aren't going to be able to teach me anything that will be useful in keeping me alive beyond my own abilities. Unless that orb can do damage... then maybe we can talk."

Aoife smiled as she watched the werewolf step back. So the woman did know how to be cautious, if she hadn't yet felt the need to. The druid, now more fully in the grasp of her magic, swung her other hand up and through the orb. As her left hand held the orb and her right hand passed through it, it flickered from golden light to roaring flame, the fire trailing behind Aoife's right hand in a graceful, blinding arc before sputtering out from lack of fuel. The orb had resumed it's previous appearance. Her smirk faded as she prepared to speak.

"What ya see in my hand in pure Druidic power. Raw magic. My connection to the earth allows me to manifest that power in more'n lethal ways." At an unseen and unheard command, the sphere became quartered, each a different natural element. The portion directly above her hand was solid stone, the top edges crumbling slightly. Above the stone on one side were pure blue flames, mirrored by a nearly crystal clear portion of water opposite it. Above the three easily visible elements was a patch of swirls, barely visible to the naked eye, though the whole of the area had a slight lavender hue. Aoife muttered something in a language known only to her kind, the orbs shifting back to amber light before streaming into her fingers once more.

"It's as dangerous as ye let is be, and can do a fair few things beyond, if ya know what to do. As Oi said before, Oi'm more'n capable of teaching ya, though we might not have enough time for you to get the right connection." She paused for a moment, then smiled again. "So, since it doesn't appear yer gon' to eat me, perhaps some introductions?"

Alysa was almost entranced by what was going on in front of her, though not enough to let her senses down. The fire was beautiful and the urge to touch it was a lot higher than the werewolf wanted to admit. Still, she wasn't sure whether or not that would have much effect on the forces that were welling up, but just maybe it would. Her mind started to rush a million miles a minute the more that the female did with the orb, absolutely impressed that something like that could even be done. It was definitely better than growing forests and trees, although she supposed vines would be handy if they were strong enough. No! Snapping herself back to reality, Alysa fought through the feelings and focused on the raw data. She needed to stop playing with the Druid, stop letting the female get into her head and do her damn job or else she would be up the shit creek without a paddle.

"You don't understand. I have orders that I must comply with or it's my ass. There are things happening in this town that you don't understand and while I admit that your abilities are pretty impressive, I don't see how they'll help me, especially since you yourself stated that I might not have enough time. I can't afford to dick around and fail..." Her voice was soft and for the first time in a while, well since Rowan beat the shit out of her for opening her mouth, Alysa felt uneasy about everything. "The name is Alysa Jayse, by the way... of the Scions... local werewolf pack."

"And Oi'm Aoife O'Mag, Druid of Lornanine and local holistic healer." The druid's voice seemed a bit more chipper, though there was a twinge of worry to her features. "Ya say there's more goin' on, but Oi'm not followin'. How's about ya take me to whre yer pack is, we have a short meet'n'greet, and then maybe we find out a way to try and shut it all down, hm? After all, Oi may not be a werewolf, but Oi'm more'n capable of bein' a wolf. As for yer orders, try not to let me stand in yer way, alright? Oi'm here for my own agenda, and that's not to stop a pack of werewolves, Oi can promise ya that."

The girl smiled mischievously and then closed her eyes. Once again she began to mutter words under her breath, the language almost impossible to understand from how quietly and quickly she spoke, but when she finished the edges of her tattoo briefly flared with that same amber light. She breathed out, sighing, and then hunched over, her body shifting and compacting until there was a simple grey wolf where she had been standing. On the front right leg were darker markings in the shape of her tattoo, but everything else, including her attire, had shifted with her. She looked up at Alysa expectantly.

Alysa was not sure of anything anymore, let alone taking a druid to Rowan to have meet and greet. After the last meeting she had with the bossman, her mouth got her into trouble and she had made it a point not to be around him or any of the others, mostly to keep herself from being beat again. The thought of the meet and greet sent shivers down her spine and every scenario that might happen flashed through her mind, none of them good. Sighing, she ended up shaking her head a little, doubting that they would be able to shut anything down or make a dent, but maybe it was time to try.

"Well..." Alysa started before pausing, staring when Aoife shifted int a grey wolf. Her brow arched and she sniffed the air, realizing she no longer smelled like human. Maybe, just maybe this could work after all. "I guess we could try, but make sure to watch what you say... he's very volatile. Follow me and keep up, though not sure how you're going to explain things to him, but that's why you're you and I am me." Shrugging a little, she headed over towards her bike, fingers running through her red hair.

Back