Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: The Requiem

as written by Alara and Script

Despite Arien's preconceptions into the state of vampire life within Lutetia, he would soon find his assumptions disuaded in the wake of what awaited them. While it was true that back in Westeria City Vampire's maintained legal citizenship, there were also certain risks that came with being in the spotlight. Within Lutetia such scrutiny did not exist and the vampires of Lutetia had long capitalized upon it to move unknown amongst humanity.

Centuries of accumulated wealth afforded House Sylvestre a great deal of influence within Lutetia, and their carefully lain masquerade left the rest of Lutetia ignorant to their true nature.

They held a great deal of real estate within some of the wealthiest neighborhoods of the city, as well as prominent businesses. Museums, art galleries, night clubs, restaurants... their reach extended far.

He and the others stood now across the street from a wealthy night club that sported a sign above it that read "The Requiem" and the limousine that pulled up out front spoke of the high-end clientele that it catered to.

The pair who stepped out of it where a well dressed couple, and they were greeted at the door before heading inside.

"Let me do the talking," Viktor informed Varia and Arien. "Issunar customs can be something of a waltz."

Arien smirked. "Always been more of a bump and grind kinda guy myself." he remarked, "Alright. I'll bite my tongue. No good offending House Silverstar this early on, after all."

"This has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard," Varia remarked dryly.

"Just follow my lead, and try not to insult anyone," Viktor answered.

He looked either way before stepping off the curb to cross the street, and when they were stopped just inside the front entrance, he spoke lowly to the attendant greeting people.

Varia and Arien caught only the word 'Sylvestre' from the quiet murmurings, but it had the desired affect.

The man bowed politely before gesturing them towards the upper balcony of the night club that overlooked the floor below.

The place had an elegance to it that set it apart from some of the wilder nightclubs popular among the younger crowds, but it had an energy to it as well. A live band played on stage, and the acoustics of the building left the rock music reverberating through the building until you could feel it in your bones.

Some of the younger patrons were engaged on a small dance floor, while others were seated at small tables to watch the band.

"This is a night club?" Arien murmured under his breath, "Hmph. And not even one person having a drug trip or a drunken screw in the corner."

The stairwell that they made their way towards was a winding one with elegantly curved railings, and crimson carpeted steps that led to the balcony above. It was here that Audric Sylvestre was seated.

His skin was so white as to appear almost alabaster, and his red hair was faded and had a pair grey streaks on either side. The woman who sat with him was a stark contrast, and her skin appeared flush and healthy, and her hair a rich auburn.

"It would seem you have business to attend to..." the woman said. "If you'll excuse me, I'll leave you gentlemen to it."

She stood and gave the three of them a curious examination before slipping past them. She paused only briefly to speak to Arien in his own tongue, and her words flowed like silken honey beneath her light accent.

"Our club caters to a... higher class of patron," she explained. "Do try not to soil anything."

It would seem his words from earlier had not gone unnoticed.

Arien shot a venomous glare back at the woman, his eyes flashing dangerously with instant dislike, but true to his word, he bit his tongue and said nothing. Oh, he was going to enjoy ruining these peoples' lives.

Meanwhile Viktor stepped forward to address Audric, praying to whatever gods might hear him that Arien and Varia could maintain even the barest bit of decorum long enough for them to be on their way.

With one arm raised to his waist, he bowed politely.

Expecting Arien and Varia to follow suit was probably too much to ask, but so long as they remained at his back then it would be expected that Viktor acted on their behalf.

"My name is Viktor Thrice, and my companions Varia Vulpes, and Arien Valentine," Viktor began. He carefully speaking his words in the local tongue, but he was far from fluent though, and it was with great care that he chose his words. "We respectfully request sanctuary within your lands."

"From where do you hail?" Audric inquired.

"We travel from Westeria City, and the mainland," Viktor answered before reverting to the Terran tongue. "Pardon my words. The local tongue is not yet one that I have mastered."

"The effort is appreciated, and more than most have to offer," Audric answered in kind. He spoke the Terran tongue fluently with only the faintest trace of an accent to his words.

He glanced to Arien as if intuitively knowing that the youngster was lacking the respect of his elders. He said nothing though.

Arien replied to the glance with a smile that was at least a good two-thirds of the way towards being innocent.

"What brings you three to Lutetia?" Audric inquired as he turned his attention back to Viktor.

"Our city has fallen to hunters," Viktor explained calmly. "Those who live yet have abandoned it."

"Do you travel alone?"

"We arrived in the company of two werewolves, but have since parted ways," Viktor answered.

Audric raised an eye in response. "An unusual choice in traveling companions," he remarked.

"One forged of necessity and nothing more," Viktor explained.

The elder vampire mused over the matter as he looked to Arien and Varia once more before speaking again.

"And how long do you intend to remain?" Audric asked.

"We seek permanent residency," Viktor answered.

Audric nodded thoughtfully. "There is much that we need to discuss then. Why don't your companions go enjoy themselves. No doubt they don't want to be bored by such matters."

Viktor inclined his head before turning to speak quietly to Arien and Varia.

"Go. Linger long enough so as to not offer insult at declining hospitality, then wait for me just beyond the city," he instructed.

"Lingering. Got it." Arien replied with a slightly lopsided grin. "And don't worry," he added, winking. "I'll try not to have too much fun."

as written by Script

Arien made his way down the steps back to the main floor of the night club at a lazy saunter, resisting the temptation to slide down the bannister. As they emerged back out into the bar area he flicked his fringe aside with a derisive snort. "This place stinks of bad perfume and backstabbing cunts," he muttered under his breath to Varia.

Back