Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Lorelia

It had been a long time since he’d seen daylight. It had been a long time since he’d been clean. It had been a long time since he’d ate something that wasn’t a rodent of some sorts.
And it had been a very long time since he’d been this scared.

Arman was running for his life. He raced through the catacombs on two legs, legs which were once wrapped in muscle, but were now diminished and a little shaky. Fear was fuel enough to keep him moving.

Through the maze, trying to escape. Footfalls, padding – surrounded. Run.

Up, up, up and out, emerging on the outskirts of the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Tiko

Baron put his nose to the ground as a low growl rumbled up from his throat and he threw his head back to let out a piercing howl that echoed through the streets of Lutetia.

It was a call to sound the location of their quarry.

Those within the catacombs had pushed Arman to the surface, and Baron took point in the pursuit with Cass only paces behind.

Paws pounded against the asphalt, but he didn't close in on Arman. The wily rogue wolf knew these streets, and there where too many escape routes, too many bystanders.

No, Baron was herding him - but where?

A reverberating howl echoed back at Baron as another of the pack gave away its position to provoke Arman into veering off in another direction. As they worked in unison, the rogue was forced down alleys and back roads to keep one step ahead of the pack as it closed in upon him. He could have sworn he caught glimpses of furred bodies through the darkness as he ran, but not a one broke ranks as they drove him from the city.

As the buildings gave way to forest, his only option now would be to outrun them.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by barney_fife and roomrider

Bright headlights illuminated the dark, dank streets of Lutetia as Callandra made her way back towards the apartment that she had reserved for her stay here in Lutetia.

The soft reflection of the gauge lights and the various radio equipment played across Cally's face with a soft blue-green hue as slender fingers wrapped around the steering wheel of her white Tech Con issued Toyota HiLux.

The truck's radio chimed a few more moments, before she turned the volume down, and then her hand shifted to raise the volume on the music radio, the sounds of Aschen pop filling the speakers.

"Gods this city is a dump..." The young woman commented before she came to a stop at a red light, the car engine idling as the brakes squealed as the car came to a stop.

Her gaze flitted left, and then right as she leaned back into her seat. The white truck was the only vehicle on the road this time of night, a tingling sensation of paranoia crept along her back as the young woman surveyed her surroundings. She took a moment to smooth her khaki BDU outfit, before she leaned back in the seat once more.

____

"Fool"
he thought to himself limping down the empty streets of Lutetia City. The cold wind fluttering his dark green cloak and stinging his face. "Should have just ended quick and easy, no trouble, no harm...to me anyways." The Ranger's hip throbbed where it had been hammered to the hard ground. Bruises were forming all over his body, scrapes and road-rash covered various parts as well. His clothes were torn in places, the same places he was bleeding for the most part.

He was dizzy, disoriented, and weakened. Sooner or later, he would be picked out as a target by some rather fortunate small-time criminals wandering the same roads. Going solo had it's downsides. As the battered man approached the intersection, the green light blinking to a red, a miracle caught his eye. "Impossible?!" He nearly smiled. There, in the middle of the road stood the gallant figure of white pickup truck.

The green clad man made his way to the driver's side of the car, trying to put on the friendliest look he could manage. Hoping the glint from the hilts of the rather large dual knives at his hips were well covered by his cloak, he rapped on the window with his raw knuckles.

____

Musical beats continued to thump, that was until the woman's serenity was suddenly interrupted by the sound of knuckles on glass;

The woman started, and let out an audible yelp, her right hand moved down towards a concealed Disruptor pistol, and slender fingers wrapped around the weapon's stock, while her thumb moved across the power switch. The weapon then armed with a subtle yet audible whine.

The second movement came with the cracking of her window. The window motor whirred and the glass pulled down several inches. Warm air billowed out from the cracked window as Callandra turned her head to see who was on the other side.

Her blue eyes briefly scanned the robed figure, while her right hand pulled the weapon free from it's holster, and she discreetly held it down by her thigh.

"Can I help you?" She asked, hoping that it was just some tourist asking for directions.

Her left hand moved back onto the steering wheel, using it's controls to turn the radio off, leaving only the muted chattering of her Tech Con CB radio.

____

Smart, definitely far from naive, if not friendly. This woman was giving off bad vibes, literally. He could here the low hum of a weapon of some sort that uses energy...probably a stun gun, energy blaster or baton of sorts. Furthermore, the female's movement that obviously resembled pulling something from it's holster and holding it down close to underside of the car seat didn't help the Ranger ignore the fact she was armed.

"No sudden movements, easy talking, non-aggressive presence, etc." He cleared his throat. "Hello ma'am, my name is Alexander Autry. You may have heard of me, and if you have, I'm sure that you are aware that I am no criminal and wish you no harm." The man looked left and right, turned around. No sign of anyone. "As you can probably see...I've been in quite a...predicament of sorts and still am. How? The streets of Lutetia City at night can be quite...dangerous. Obviously, this usually isn't much of a problem for me, I'm able to fend for myself for the most part...and I'm usually not one to ask for help..."

____

The Tech Con Security chief continued to survey the man while listening to his plea. She kept the weapon out of sight, and was ready to use it at a moment's notice.

The Disruptor was a staple in both the Aschen Military and Civilian markets, a weapon that fired charged particle beams was a weapon that was eponymous with the Aschen, whom themselves were quite technologically advanced.

She had been watching the Ranger almost as much as he had been observing her movements. It didn't take much to note that he had been wounded, how that came to be remained a mystery to the woman. She pondered a moment and assessed his stance.

"Lutetia can indeed be very dangerous at night, not really a place for someone to be traveling alone at night, especially on foot. Begs to question just exactly what you were doing and why should I help you?" She asked, still keeping her eyes both on him and subtly keeping track of where his hands were going.

"Cut to the chase, you need a ride." She said, making a face. "And how do I know this isn't a ploy to either rob or rape me? You said it yourself... this city can be very dangerous at night." She said, her accent unmistakably Aschen; this meant it was unlikely she knew who he was.

"You can call me Cally, I'm going to guess that you need a ride to the Hospital or something."

____

Alexander broke into a smile, he couldn't help it. "Haven't been here much, have you?" he gave a shrug. "You're technically right, this could all be a plan to do something else. But factoring in my habits, and lack of stupidity, I'd assume you could rule those possibilities out. Got a phone? I've got a few trustworthy people you could ring, I've got a bit of a reputation. I do mercenary work sometimes, know a lot for someone with my social status. I've got much to give, believe it or not."

The ranger tossed half a gold coin into the automobile through the slit in the window. "Hope that's worth something to you. As for why I'm in need of help? One word should sum it up, 'supernaturals.' Supernaturals with to much time and anger to be exact." Alexander took another look around their area, this time he swore he could see shadows...moving.

He turned back to the woman. "So, know anyone in town? They'll know my name."

____

As he slid the coin through the window, she watched as it fell to the floorboard. "I don't need your money." She quipped, before she nodded to the empty passenger seat.

"I'm going to go on a leap of faith, get in, I'll give you a ride. No sudden moves though, or I'll vaporize you." She said, now bringing the pistol into view.

"I'm the security chief with Tech Con, so no, I move around a lot, I'm just here on a business venture. I'm an Aschen.. whether or not that means anything to you, but I'll help you." She added finally, the lock clicked signalling the doors were unlocked, and she nodded once more.

"I don't know anyone in town other than my work associate, and he too is an Aschen, we're both here from Wing City, where Tech Con has it's HQ for this world." Cally added, bringing the car gear into park.

"You've answered all but one question, where do you need to go?" She asked, still watching him. She figured if he tried anything, she could rely on her military training and weapons to handle herself if things came to that. If he stole the car it could be tracked, thus she was confident that she could prevail if he tried anything.

____

His smile faded a bit, drawing the edges of his lips back to their default position. "I suppose I was quick to judge. Naive it is. Alexander made his way to the passenger side door, opening and closing it after he sat himself in the seat. "I don't doubt you'd shoot me up at a moment's notice ma'am. As for a place to go...Luskonios if you may." He gave a sigh "Yes, the richer part of Lutetia, it always seems to surprise people where I reside..."

The ranger glanced down at the gear stick. "I wouldn't have done that if I were you. Step on it, and we might have a chance." The man leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes.

____

Perhaps it seemed Naieve, perhaps it seemed foolish to allow a complete stranger get into her vehicle. But she did, and her reasons for doing so remained rather ambiguous.

Putting the car into gear, she floored the gas and the back tires screeched, and then the 4wd engaged and both tires spun as the truck lurched forward.

The pickup itself seemed rather unassuming, with a large brush guard on front, a reinforced and armored frame, bullet proof glass, and a myriad of other augmentations. This gave the truck added weight, which it's modified engine groaned in protest to move.

The truck moved through the intersection, turning onto a side street as Cally turned to her new acquaintance.

"Supernaturals... so tell me what exactly are you running from?" She said, keeping an eye on her surroundings, and her hand never left her weapon.

____

Alexander opened his eyes, letting go a sigh of relief. "You're rather...should I say "smart" for a civilian." The ranger turned around looking through the rear window of the HiLux.

"And thank you...for the help, and for listening. As for your question...it's rather poorly worded. If you really did know how dangerous these streets are after hours, what one is running from is...just about everything that moves."

"Oh yes, and by the way," the man unstrapped the belt holding the sheathed daggers at his hips holding it up for the woman to see. "Thought you may want to know I had these on my person." A smirk took over his face.

____

"I'm a veteran." She commented, rounding another corner, shifting lanes and pushing on the accelerator. "I served in the Aschen Military through two wars, and then I got a job as Tech Con's security chief." She explained, shifting into the lane to head towards Luskonios.

"I was also married to the Admiral of the Aschen Fleet for a time... you tend to learn things when you're involved with the McGregor family." She added, eyeing the daggers as he unclasped his belt.

"I figured you had weapons of some kind, there's a certain way a person moves when they're armed, a certain way clothing falls on concealed weapons." She said, offering a smirk. "I was watching your hands, you didn't reach for them, and even as you moved to show them to me, the moves weren't furtive or threatening." She added, glancing over to the daggers for a moment, her pistol sliding back into it's holster.

She turned briefly to make eye contact, smirking once more. "To be honest, I never figured you as a threat, I've been up against bigger and meaner, I've seen battle across dozens of planets, even though I was mostly relegated to Hangar duties. I've seen some things that no man should ever see." She said, turning to face forward.

"I was on-board a Reverence as it burned a planet to glass.." She trailed off.

"Look.. if we run into trouble.." She said, pulling out the center console, opening it up and pulling out a second Disruptor pistol. "Switch on the side powers the weapon, it also arms it; these weapons have no 'safety' per se. Holographic sights will do the rest, just point and shoot. These weapons hold fifty shots before they're depleted. Fire it too fast and it'll overheat. Oh... and the muzzle flash can be a bit disorienting for someone who isn't used to these kinds of weapons." She said, sliding the weapon back into the console.

"Don't go for it unless I say so, we'll watch eachother's back if we need it." She said, shifting in her seat. "So what brought you out here? If my gut tells me right.. You weren't out just enjoying the sights."

____

"You have a staggering amount of faith in humanity 'Cal.' 'Aschens'...aren't they the xenophobes?" He gave a smile "Well, you'll be able to fulfill your xenophobia to the fullest on these streets, many already do. Don't like the presence of supernaturals around here myself..."

Alexander took a glance at the Disruptor Pistol as Cal presented it to him. "I've had plenty of experience with fire-arms, and a little with weapons of the sort. Thanks for the info though." The ranger re-did his dagger belt.

"Enjoying the sights? Tourists aren't common here. And the few that do visit are either oblivious to what happens here, or well aware. The latter tend to hire people like me at times." He eyed the road illuminate by the car's headlights.

"Like I said, I do mercenary work in my free time. A little while before, I was scouting out a...place for a job. How I got hurt wasn't job related...so no compensation unfortunately." The ranger gave a smile.

"As you've probably inferred, I'm also a forest ranger at most. Scout perimeters, borders, key areas. Rarely get a chance to see some action. Although I have had a chance to show my light. That's why I'm not known as some third rate bruiser. Really helps the business roll in."

____

The woman smirked at the mention of 'Cal' That smirk inevitably turned into a lighthearted chuckle.

"Not many people call me that; Cal that is.." She commented, still smirking once they stopped at another light. Her eyes went back, and fourth as she scanned their surroundings.

"I was sent here to survey the city, if the survey was worth the investment, Tech Con would purchase land in the city, likely the Phantom Quarter, bulldoze everything and evict the residents; with force if we need to... we were then planning to construct a facility to build engines for the new Iconoclast ships, since Tech Con was awarded a military contract." Cally explained. "Unfortunately we have to handle a lot of manufacturing off world, since Langara has stringent environmental laws."

"So you're a mercenary scout... you don't look like much, a pair of daggers won't get you far in this world." Cally said, accelerating once the light changed.

"I guess you could say I'm a mercenary, as I'm part of Tech Con's private army."

____

It was his turn to to smile now. "Quite true, a pair of daggers won't even keep most alive in the wrong parts of Lutetia. Luckily for me, I've got more than that. Just not on my person, it was only a scouting operation you know."

The ranger watched the buildings wiz by. "And yes, I don't look like much. That's what I'm going for, living here has got it's few advantages you know. Just an 'example' would be ready access to magic wielders, which comes in handy. Potions, enchantments, etc. They've got it. I don't really try to look flashy or anything, it can be rather fatal in some parts. Better to look humble, helps with the element of surprise and keeps you from being targeted...most of the time."

as written by barney_fife

"Indeed... most of the time." Cally replied as she turned into another street, heading towards Luskonios.

"So you're out here looking for a job, and I'm out here on a job looking to bulldoze half the city; funny how that works out." She added with a nod, but then she visibly frowned at the mention of magic wielders. It was at this time she opened the center console, and gestured to a pair of silver spheres inside the console.

"That's my answer to magic weilders; they're called Antimana grenades." She explained. "They emit a pulse that destroys magic, rending a weilder from his power, and even destroying magical beings. They've been very helpful in a place like this."

as written by roomrider

Alexander eyed the "Antimana Grenades." Wherever this person was from was rather "high-tech" indeed. The things she had would go for fortunes on the black market.
"I bet they are." The ranger reclined his seat a bit. Just don't blow one of those too close to me...I don't need to explain, do I? He felt his heartbeat echo back onto his skin from the seemingly alive mail shirt he had on under the green cloak. At least it felt alive to him, but that was just due to the fact that he was not accustomed to magical auras.

And you aren't by any chance offering me a job...are you? I can do some security stuff, but it depends. I'm no sentry you know.

"Hmm... I do need someone who knows the city." Cally said, stroking her chin, coming to a stop at a light. "I might be offering you a job, but we're a professional organization, with uniforms, rules, regulations, standard issue weapons." She explained, casting a glance back over to him and sizing him up. "Employment with Tech Con isn't just some come and go freelance gig, it's a commitment." Cally added, turning back to face the road, as the truck accelerated once more.

"But I Might be able to squeeze you in, you'll need some training, and we'll have to head to Wing City to the HQ so we can draw up a contract. Salary is 52,000 annually paid in Imperial Aschen Cubits, we deal in physical banknotes to minimize costs." Cally explained. "There's hazard incentives, bounty incentives, in addition to a full battery of benefits, Tech Con will pay your medical, dental, and housing expenses if you choose to live in a Tech Con facility." She said, while Luskonios began to come up in the distance.

"We conduct an extensive background investigation and we administer something called a Zatarc, which is similar to a lie detector, You're vetted by the LDA, and the CPF, and lastly you're interviewed by our president and CEO, Miles Hagan." Cally explained.

"You won't need any special employment paperwork since we're doing this here and I don't plan on sending you to Langara."

The woman then offered a smile.

"You still interested?"

as written by roomrider

The woman's dialogue folded on top of itself, twisted, and turned. Ultimately forming a blob of words that bade him little to no interest.
"I'm not sure I could fit all of that into my schedule." he replied. It was supposed to be a joke...to an extent. Depending on the time, the ranger could be rather busy, however it didn't seem like some unknown enemy would be infiltrating Lutetia anytime soon.

"Besides, I'm not too interested in long term professional commitment things...the jobs I end up finding pull in a lot more in less time...Maybe I'll take up your offer when I get older." Alexander looked out the window to see the housing styles change dramatically, from simple and small, to large and ornate.

"And 'security' isn't all I'm good for. I've got more than just stuffing up here." he tapped his temple. "My father did business. Some kind of marketing or sales management." the ranger seemed to be looking at something far away as his eyes lost focus. "Not a lot of professional stuff, I'll have to admit. He was involved in a corporation, but..." Alexander came back to reality, a grin spreading throughout his face. "He did a lot involving the black market. But any business is still business. The professional business work was his primary thing, but the black market sales pulled in lots of extra."

"I'm not implying anything, if you were going to ask. I don't know anything about the black market, that's what my dad did. But...I've got connections. Connections you might be interested in."

"Security's not all we do." She rebuked, shrugging as Luskonios came ever closer into view. "Is this where you want to go then?" She asked, taking out a business card and handing it off to the ranger.

"I'll be on world for about a week more, and then I'm heading to the Aschen Empire to submit my review of the city to the Owner, so he can make a decision to bulldoze the city or not." She replied, before frowning at the mention of a black market.

"I'd be interested if the Empire didn't frown on dealing in the Black Market, gods only know what kind of terrorist could get access to sensitive Technolgy." Cally said, still holding the card.

"If you change your mind and want to make some real money, call me." She said, failing to mention the exchange rates regarding Aschen money, and how a single Aschen cubit was worth quite a bit.

as written by roomrider

"Yeah, yeah" Alexander opened the car door, grabbing the card and stepping out. His own estate wasn't far from the drop point, and this area of Lutetia was relatively safe.

"Well...thank you, have good night, and goodbye." With that, he gently shut the door to the woman's automobile, making his way to his residence.

The rangers rather large dwelling was not of his own doing. It originally belonged to his father, who left it to be inherited by Alexander. A rather fortunate thing, the ranger could at least sleep in a sense of security.

He entered the estate, hanging his cloak, unstrapping his daggers tending to his wounds, etc. Alexander settled on the fact that he'd take the next day off, maybe try to schedule a meal with the female that gave him the ride.

The next morning, he switched out his cloak for a a rather expensive business suite from his wardrobe. Buttoned the shirt, buckled the belt, slapped on a watch, splashed cologne, knotted the tie, slipped on the jacket, and slipped a little steel into the pocket. Nobody would have recognized Alexander as the same man as the night before, but that's just how things work in Lutetia. He made his way towards the garage s the door rose with the click of a button, revealing a white Lexus sedan. Which he had bought after selling his father's more expensive car.

He clicked the remote to unlock the sedan's doors, climbing into the drivers seat and pulling out of the driveway. Alexander closed the garage door behind him with a wireless control and dialed Cally's number, putting the phone to his ear as the car rolled down the street.

as written by Lialore

He sat on the set of stone stairs which led up to a high street where those with their pockets laden with coins were going about their business. His generalisation was justified, so he believed. As he slumped against the wall he listened to the symphony of wealth as the passers-by bounced up and down the stairs, jingling and jangling. He was ignoring those who went by quietly, focusing in on those musicians, stirring his moody pot of hatred to that he could wallow in it. His bath of satisfying self-pity.

Michel was looking a bit of a state. He was very dirty. Black ringed his eyes, crescented his nails, caked his clothes. Everyone took him for a beggar, and so he was getting an array of looks; from disgusted to sorry. But, he didn’t have his hands cupped, asking for spare change. No. He was just staring grumpily at the ground with that disposition so many teenagers shared.

But he wasn’t homeless. Well, not anymore. And look, he was worse of for it. He didn’t want to be anywhere near his new home. He’d prefer to slink off, wander the streets. Do anything, anywhere, to be away.

His stomach grumbled and he made an unimpressed face to the pavement.

Chink, chink. Metal on metal. More full pockets, full purses, big smiles and cheery laughter.

He scowled.

as written by Nevan

"Get back here right now!" Yelled an old man, limping with the help of a cane to try and keep up with the young man he was chasing.

"You aren't my mother, old man!" Kristan retorted as he walked briskly through the crowds, his voice loud enough to be heard over the idle commotion of the marketplace and to attract the attention of disapproving parents.

"No, but I am your grandfather and with that authority I swear you will be caned if you don't get back here right now! We have matters to attend!" The man yelled, but was too slow to keep his grandson in sight. Kristan had escaped him for now, so the grandfather stopped the chase with reserved scruple and let out a hefty sigh.

Meanwhile, the young man buttoned up his winter coat and kept himself to himself as he perused the shop windows and the market-goers around him. In his quest to further himself from his point of escape, he found himself turning a corner and making his way down a flight of stone stairs on which he saw a figure both seated and dirty.

Homeless people tended to be far more interesting than shopping, so Kristan moved down towards him and stopped on the opposite side of the stairs; still standing.

"What are you doing?" He asked, unable to think of any better way to start a conversation.

as written by Lialore

Michel looked to the person who had addressed him. With amusement, it turned out. The younger boy regarded the older one with indignation at his fancy coat and his fancy hair and his fancy accent.

He waited for a few moments before answering, not sure if he was being serious. His eyes raked over the stranger then went to his hands which were playing with a pebble, dirtying his fingers even more.

“Nothing” he said, showing the elegant articulation of most thirteen year olds.

Looking back to the elder, he scratched at his filthy neck before asking quite bluntly; “You got a cigarette?”

as written by Nevan

"I might be older than you, but if my grandfather found me with cigarettes he would probably knock out and replace my teeth and force me to have a lung transplant; so the answer is no," Kristan said, shrugging slightly as he sank down to the stair in order to sit. "And I don't even want to think about what my mother would probably do."

He stretched his arms above his head and gave a slight groan as his joints gave a slight pop. "You'd think they'd cut me some freedom, being so close to eighteen. But nope, I'm a helpless child 'til I'm an adult."

With a slight grin, he peered at the younger boy. "I guess you don't really have that problem, right? Not enough freedom versus too much."

as written by Lialore

It seemed as though he was to have company. It really shouldn’t have bothered him, he had nothing better to do, but Michel still bristled some as the stranger picked his seat. His manners left something to be desired. He made no effort to hide the judgemental stare that came with his knowing that this pampered pretty-boy probably didn’t stand a chance against him. I might be older than you… Michel had enough social awareness to supress his sly little smirk.

He watched him quietly as the elder spoke, and when he finished, Michel didn’t open his mouth for a while. The boy seemed friendly enough and he felt some guilt at having been so hostile. After rubbing his nose on the back of his hand, he gave a small sigh then shrugged.

“Not really. I ran away. Werewolves don’t need looking after.”

Still, he wanted a cigarette. And added quickly “Wanna go get some cigs?” onto the end of his shocker statement, somewhat naively.

as written by Nevan

"Well you certainly look like you need some looking after," Kristan replied. "You look dirty, bored and probably freezing and hungry too. Want some food? I'm pretty much starving to death myself and I have plenty of money."

He didn't answer the question about cigarettes. Best not to be an enabler and just pretend he didn't notice, he decided, as he pushed himself back up again almost as soon as he had sat down in the first place. He immediately began to make his way down the stairs towards the street at the bottom and, assuming he was being followed, began talking.

"My mother ran away when she was young. She thought she didn't need looking after and that she could handle herself, but lo and behold she was forced to return home by her hardship. Granted, she had me during her troubled teenage years, but I'm pretty sure she's a Vampire. She won't tell me for sure, but she's pale, never eats and still looks like she's in her early twenties. The point I'm trying to make being that just because you're a 'creature of ze niight' doesn't mean you won't need help at some point."

as written by Saarai

Valentino inhaled slowly, holding in the breath as he slipped buds into each air gently. The morgue he stood in was dimly lit with candles that made the shadows dance, almost bringing life to the dead werewolf that lay on the cold metal table before Valentino. The mortician exhaled, soulful Lutetian music blaring into his head from the earbuds.

He seemed lost in the moment as he hooked an IV up to the body, then another. One drained the dead werewolf's blood as the other pumped a brown liquid into him. For many it might not have been a sight they'd find comfortable.

For Valentino it was magic, draining part of what gave us life in favor of something that would keep us appearing as we did in life. The body was being preserved for the day family and friends picked it up and could see their packmate as they were one last time before they were laid to rest.

The humble mortician took pride in making the dead appear more alive than the living. He often picked out or had tailored what they would be wearing according to their family's wishes or religion, or pack. He made sure they entered the other world in style.

Lutetia was going through a bad period that Valentino only figured would bring him more bodies and destroy the place he grew up in. His home. He wasn't really involved in the conflict having left his former pack years ago. And he wasn't the biggest on religion.

His duty was to the dead left in his care.

Valentino turned to grab a scalpel, as he searched his tools for it he caught sight of a shadow growing to loom over him. He turned quickly to see the dead werewolf had risen from the table and was ready to pounce. Valentino moved quickly, lunging at the undead werewolf and slamming him down on the table.

He began to push the table with his body while fighting to keep the werewolf pinned. The table's wheels squeaking as it rolled through the morgue towards a chute. It lead straight down to the cremation chamber. Necromancers running around made the chute a necessary evil.

When the table hit the wall the chute was built into, Valentino let go of the werewolf and let him go flying down into the cremation chamber. The mortician slammed his palm onto a red button on the wall, starting the fire and burning the undead wolf back to death.

Valentino sighed, "Gotta do something about those squeaky wheels." He said, "And the necromancers." He added.

"This is getting out of hand."

as written by Zenia

A portal opens up in an alley, one filled with unease and…wrongness. If one looked through it they would see blurring melding shapes. Soon slightly tanned hands grab the portals edges as they pull themselves out, landing on the ground with a thud before rolling quickly to their feet. “tréimhse ama!” they remark in a harsh whisper as the portal shuts quickly. “…damn Wardens…” he mutters as he grabs his fallen lacrosse bag, and making sure he had all his foci on him. He looks around confused, “…This…is not somewhere I have been before…” Sinclair mutters as he brushes his blond hair away from his black eyes. “…Great another unknown city probably in another dimension or something.” the young warlock thinks to himself as he pulls up his hood and walks out of the allyway making sure he did not spy and grey or silver cloak wearing warriors as he walks forward, trying to blend in…or at least escape notice.

as written by Sentry

Unnatural wasn't the only word for it. 'Wong' just scraped the surface. It was repulsive, and yet...

She was no warrior, but she certainly was wearing a silvery cloak. She had only seen a glimpse of what happened, but it had been enough to scare her. It had also been enough to fascinate her. Pressed against a dirty brick wall right outside the alleyway, she waited for the young man to walk out. Her breath caught, and though she felt herself locking up with fright, something- some damned thing- possessed her to rasp-

"What are you?"

Meek, short, and wide-eyed, the girl wasn't at all threatening. A waterfall of thick, black hair fell over her left shoulder, all but concealing a bronze locket hung by a thin chain around her neck.

as written by Zenia

…damn it…” he thinks as he hears the voice, quickly turning to see the speaker. He should have been more careful! Why did he always let down his guard after he exited a portal? “oh yeah cause I am usually fucking running from Wardens and think I am safe” he thinks bitterly to himself. He didn’t want to risk using mental magic on her…he had spied the silver cloak…and he isn’t dumb enough to use mental magic on an apparent Warden, again. He isn’t lucky enough that it would work twice. His stance shifts subtly as if he is waiting for a fight. “Why do you ask?” he asks, looking for a weapon on her. She certainly didn’t look like a warden…hell she looked like if he lightly pushed her she would topple to the ground. ‘could be an apprentice…” he thinks to himself.

Sinclair glances around looking a bit edgy. An earring could be seen on his left ear and a ring on his right middle finger, a newly acquired foci for him. “Same question could be asked about you. What are you?” he chimes back making sure no other cloak wearers are around, if he popped into a Warden filled dimension he is not sure he has the energy to open the portal again to escape.

as written by Sentry

"I asked first. I'm not the one who popped out of thin air. That's not something that happens every day," she squeaked. Her fingers spidered the wall behind her, but she hadn't anything to hold on to. "I'm... I'm just a... girl..." she stuttered. "B-but you... are you a..." She lowered her voice, whispering, "...witch?"

Back