Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia

"I would never stop anyone from doing the right thing," Savien replied after a short, pensive silence. "But I would be a poor knight if I sat back and watched while an innocent girl walked willingly to her own death."

At the mention of her clothes, Kol stepped forward. Aoife was astute to notice his quietude - the scoundrel had hung back for the bulk of the conversation, attentive and watchful. The young man evidently held a great deal of respect for Savien; for all his banter, he had seemed genuinely embarrassed that his actions had upset the paladin.

"Or, yknow, you could just keep walking around like that," Kol smiled, rubbing at the back of his neck. "I certainly wouldn't mind. Might get us a discount at the cafe..."

Savien rolled his eyes. "Get her some clothes, Kol. I'll meet you at the cafe within Arianne."

"Righto," he saluted, "come on, Eefs.
My treat. It's the least I can do for the trouble I've caused you."

"Ser Durandet, your concern, regardless of my innocence marks you as a truer knight than many that Oi've met who claimed to follow a chivalrous code. You have my respect for it, and my thanks for your assistance. Pardon me for this, Ser, but instinct often overrules thought." Without explaining herself, she bent down and took off her short boots. As her bare feet touched the stone and grit of the ground beneath her, her skin took on a soft golden glow.

Aoife stepped forward once more, closing the gap between her and the knight, though as her feet moved, the ground rose up to support her, her face rising to be level with his. She cupped his left cheek with a lightly glowing hand and kissed him softly on the other side of his face. She pulled back, smiled, and then stepped back, grabbing her boots with a single sweep of motion.

"Go in good faith, Ser, and may your footsteps be blessed by Nature should your path leave the wilds of the city to wilds beyond where man does not rule." She turned and looked at Kol, winking.

"As for you, Kol, my name is Aoife, not 'Eefs'. A single syllable shouldn't be too hard for you, hm?" She chuckled and traced a slender, still glowing, finger along his jawline teasingly. "Keep up antics like that and the promises Oi'm silently making now might have to be pulled back before Oi can speak them aloud. Come on, let's go get me a new shirt." She looked back and lifted a hand, the glow fading even as she moved it through the air, giving Savien a farewell wave.

The knight froze as she neared, something akin to fear flashing across his face. The paladin had confronted Nox himself without flinching, but a pretty, half-naked girl was a different kind of beast altogether - one which he had very little experience in 'slaying'. As she kissed his cheek, the knight's embarrassment gave way to strange medley of emotion equal parts admiration and amusement. Lutetian culture was guarded against overt displays of affection and 'improper' emotional outbursts. It was refreshing to find someone unashamed to say what she felt.

"I..." his face tinged just a slight shade of red, "...thank you, Aoife." He touched two fingers to his lips as she went off with Kol. "May the Light guard your heart, and Selene guide your blade."

For his part, Kol waited patiently until Aoife was ready to accompany him. He was far more relaxed than Savien as the druid ran her finger along his jaw.

"Demoiselle Aoife, you have my humblest apologies," he mock bowed, "far be it from me to come between a lady and her promises."

Offering a final salute to Sir Durandet, the druid and the scoundrel sped off into the streets of Lemeux.

Back