Mafia times up?

Lacey walkef into her and her daughters new house and looked around at all the boxes and furniture just laying in the open. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair and winced when it got caught on a tangle. "Stupid... move... stupid boss." She muttered as she made her way through the maze of boxes and furniture to the other room that is the kitchen. She took a box that was sitting on the floor and placed it on the counter before going through it for her coffee mug. When he didnt find it she called out, "Maggie, did you see what box i put my coffee mug in?" She frowned and started going through all the other boxes searching for it. She sighed when her phone started to ring, "Lacey.." She said while still searching through the boxes. "I just got into my new house. I will not be coming in for at least 2 days, I want to get situated in here instead of leaving my daughter to get everything put away. Sorry. Just call me if there is a case that you need my help with." She said before hanging up the phone and placing it down on the counter.

She looked around with a small smile at the small two bedroom house that she had managed to buy when she was transferred to New York, The small house was pure white with brown shutters. The inside was not much different with pure white walls in every room except for the two bathrooms which were more beige. The stairs leading up to the two rooms and a extra closet were brown and sitting next to the kitchen. The two bedrooms were master suites one with a bathroom that was attached to it and the other one was just a master suite with no bathroom.

((Sorry its short. All that i can type up right now. ))

Hannah rushed over to her fathers Garage and looked around. "Where is my father!" she exclaimedbreathing hard as she ran all the way their. Her blonde hair that she had died, was all fuzzy and a mess. She tried to tame it but it would not be tamed by her fingers. She pouted and flopped down into one of the chairs. She ran all the way there as her car that was just fixed, by a different garage, did not want to start this morning. She looked around for someone to go get her father if he was in the back. Her blue jeans were somewhat a mess with black stains on it from herself trying to fix her car but it didn't want to start at all. Her red-shirt was covered in dirt and some grass stains. "I hate that garage...." She mumbled. "I shoudve brought it here like Dad had suggested me to do..." She laid her head back and groaned.

(Hers is even shorter bleh. It will get longer after i get a feel for your characters i promise haha))

Last edited by a moderator:
Maggie was staring at a similar state in her room. There were boxes everywhere, and so far the only thing she'd managed to unpack (besides her furniture, which was still not where she wanted it), was a stack of books and an even more massive stack of notebooks. Packing had been a nightmare, and moving had been daunting, the idea of unpacking straight up exhausted her.

It wasn't her mother's fault, but a small part of her blamed her anyway. She didn't have very many friends back home, but she had some. Now, starting at a new school in the middle of the year? She was going to have no friends, and New York was full of the rough and tumble, right? It wasn't going to be easy making friends.

Sighing when she heard her mother call, Maggie exited the room. At least her mother's crisis pulled her away from the anxiety attack that threatened when she looked at the small mountain of boxes in her room. When she entered the kitchen, her boot collided with a box on the bottom of a pile. It read FRAGILE on one side and KITCHEN on the other in red letters written in Maggie's messy scrawl. "This one," she said. "Your mug is in this one." Of course, it would be on the bottom.

Eva glanced up at the sound of Hannah's irate call. She was a few years older than Hannah, had the tan skin and dark hair that Italians were famous for. "Hey," she straightened, brow furrowed in worry. "Qual é il problema?"
what's the matter?
. "What happened?" She echoed, wiping her hands on a rag. "Your dad is in the office, but he'll be right out."

Lacey smiled at Maggie and said, "thank you Darling." She then sighed, "I know you probably blame me for moving all the way here and leaving behind the small group of friends you made, but this was a promotion and it would be better for us, and you can go to alot more places then just one mall and one clothing store.." She told her daughter, as she moved boxes off the fragile box that was on the bottom of the pile. She opened up the box once she reached it and pulled out her grey and white cat mug that had a cat face on the front and the tail was the handle. She grinned and walked over to the stove. "Woul you like any hot chocolate Mags?" She asked tilting her head pulling out the tea-pot that she had found when she was searching for her mug.

She filled it with water and looked at her daughter and smiled softly. "And anyways.... With being here, I will get more time off as they have more people then just the 8 at the other precinct. So i can spend more time with you then just 8 hours a week."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hannah looked at Eva when she walked over, "My car isnt starting and i checked the engine and the battery everything is fine, It has gas in it but it just won't start." She pouted standing up. "It worked well the past week but now its not, I can't even drive it here since it wont start up, "I need a ride back to the house, and then possibly a ride to school. which im gonna be late for. But i want to know whats wrong with my car." She sighed running a hand through her hair.

She then looked at Eva, "But other than me having issues wiht my mercedes, how are you Eva?" She asked setting aside her issues with her favorite car to talk with her best friend that has ever worked with her father.

Humming in response to the thanks, Maggie helped move boxes off the bottom one and then hauled herself up onto a counter, legs swinging. "Rationally, I know it isn't your fault. Emotionally, I need someone to blame, and I'm a teenager, so you're it." She offered her mom a ghost of a smile. She tried to be a good sport about this and had been marginally successful in this endeavor. It was just a hard time to move, her senior year of high school.

Sighing, Maggie's smile brightened. It was hard to be mad at the offer of hot chocolate. "Only if you make it with milk," she insisted. Although they had yet to unpack, they'd at least managed to make a grocery store run. They were missing a lot of things, but they had the essentials: milk (hormone-free), cereal, eggs, bacon, and a few frozen pizzas. "I know it's going to be better. It's just... hard to see that right this moment." Sliding off the counter to fetch the milk, she squeezed her mom's arm. "I'll try and keep an open mind. For you." Because she loved her mother.

Grimacing in sympathy, Eva nodded, shoving the end of the rag into one pocket. "Sounds like it might be your starter. Your papà will take care of it." Shaking her head a little at the stubbornness of Hannah, she grinned. "You should have just brought it here. He would have done it for free, and he would have fixed it right." Although there might have been an attempt at a mechanic lesson for Hannah, it still had to be better than paying for something that didn't work.

Eva leaned against the car she was working on, stretching her arms up. "I'm doing alright. Mamma is doing better this week, so that helps." Eva's mom had gotten sick about a year ago, a rough cancer diagnosis, but she'd remained strong. She hadn't entered into remission (and doctors didn't think she ever would), but Eva was happiest when her mom had a strong spell.

Before she could say anything else, Marco entered the room, dropping an absent kiss on his daughter's head. "Your car is still not working, Topolina?*" Hannah was, perhaps, getting a little too old for such terms of endearment, but it never dissuaded her father. She was daddy's little girl as far as he was concerned. Marco scanned the garage and the parking lot for Hannah's car. It was a natural assumption to make when he couldn't spot it right away.

"I can take her to school," Eva grinned at Hannah, "if she doesn't mind riding the bike."

topolina: little mouse; Italian term of endearment

Lacey smiled softly and nodded. She playfully hit Maggie's leg when she sat on the counter. "I always do make it with milk Mags. I know thats how you like it." She then sighed. "Its also the same way your dad liked it as well." She thought back fondly of her husband, Maggies dad, who had passed away a couple months ago before they had moved. Lacey shook her head after a bit of thinking about her best friend who had fought a battle with cancer, but had sadly admitted defeat when it got to the point he couldn't breath properly without a mask.

She waited till the teapot boiled before pouring the water into her cup with the hot chocolate in it before going to boil some milk. After the milk boiled, she poured it into her daughters cup and asked, "Want extra marshmellows?" She grinned taking out a small bag of tiny marshmellows out of one of the many cabinets. "Oh, Do you want to go get your school situated or want to wait a extra day?" She tilted her head passing her daughter her hot chocolate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hannah laughed softly at what Eva had said, "Yeah but then he wouldve tried to teach me how to build a car or tried to get me to work with him... I like cars and all... But i don't want to do this as a job for ever..." She told her before glaring at her dad. "hello Papa, and no... its not... Everything is fine, Eva says it might be the starter since the Engine is hooked up, and everything else is correct. I couldn't get to under my hood without being here... But i couldn't bring my car here to get it fixed." She rolled her eyes.

She grinned at Eva, "a free ride on your bike? I do not mind at all. oh Papa.... Do you think i could not go to schooltoday and go visit Eva's mama?" She asked tilting her head and doing a puppy dog eyes on her father hoping he says he can go visit Eva's mom to see how she is doing and to say hello to her.

((Sorry it took a bit, i couldn't get on my laptop and finally was able to get on.))

She shrugged, "I just like to remind you." She couldn't fathom how her mom could stomach it with water. She looked more like her mom than anything else, but she took after her dad in a lot of other aspects. The thought of her father caused a deep ache in her chest that had her blinking back tears. "Yeah, he did." She leaned back against the counter, watching Lacey putter around the kitchen.

They had been close, the three of them. It was a small family, but a family unit nonetheless. She regretted every harsh word with her father, every stupid fight she'd picked at the beginning of her teenage years. In some ways, the move would be suitable for them; it gave Maggie and Lacey a chance to step away from the house that held nothing but memories of the three of them. Here, in a new house, they could make new memories. Maggie thinks her dad would have liked this house, though.

The offer of the hot chocolate interrupts her thoughts, and she blinks back at her mom, taking the mug and glancing down into it so that she won't see the welling of tears. "Extra marshmallows sound great, mom," she said tightly. "Thanks." She set the mug aside for Lacey to add the marshmallows, pulling her dark hair into a ponytail. "Might as well get started." There wasn't a lot different between starting her first day today and tomorrow. It would suck just as much then. Once Lacey added the marshmallows, Maggie topped the mug off with the lid so she can travel with it. "Just let me get changed." She knew that once her mom started her new job, she'd be on her own getting to and from school, but Lacey would have to go with her on her first day.

...​

Eva laughed. "Ah, that's true." At least this way, he could work on it while she was gone rather than forcing her to learn more than she cared to.

Marco beamed at them both. He was proud of his daughter (though it took little effort for him to be proud of her) and proud of his favorite employee; she acted as a great friend to his daughter, but she was sharp and quick with her work in the garage. With Hannah's lack of interest in cars, it was Eva who would likely take over his shop when he eventually retired.

Considering Hannah for a moment, he hummed. "Don't you have a test today, sweets?" He shook his head. "No, you cannot skip school. Education is important." It is how one defeats their enemies, and it is how Hannah will succeed if she decides to step away from the family business (either of them), and how she will succeed if she chooses to stay within. "I am willing to negotiate, however. Do well on your exam today, and you may miss tomorrow to go visit her mama then, sí?"

Lacey nodded and then frowned when her phone started going off and she muttered under her breath a few curse words. "What do they want now..." She sighed and answered her phone. "Now what!" She exclaimed taking a sip of her hot chocolate while nodding to Maggie. "Make sure you have everything you will need, With how they have been calling me i may not be home when you get off school." She told Maggie. "No i was not talking to you, I was talking to my daughter. We are trying to get everything unpacked as we just got moved in part of today and yesterday." She responded.

"Yes we are still unpacking.. No Sir...." She rolled her eyes and leaned against the counter. "I was hoping to have a couple days to get everything in order sir." She started before she clenched her teeth, "Where was this..." She turned and started to write something down on a random piece of paper that she had laying on the counter, "thats not to far from where im at. Ill see what i can do. I won't be in uniform, as i have not been to the station as of yet." Lacey sighs and ran a hand through her hair. "Ill head that way after i drop off my daughter had school..."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hannah groaned, "But i hate taking tests..." she muttered before she grinned, "but if you will let me miss tomorrow then i will do my best in passing this test. Will a B count as passing?" She asked tilting her head as she stood up and stretched. She winced when he called her SWeets and shook her head before hugging him tightly. She loved her father but sometimes he ges over bearing, so with him putting this up for a debate she absolutly loved and kissed his cheek. "But i will do my best, lets go Eva so i can go get this test done and over with." She told her best friend who acted more like a sister.

Hannah smiled gently at Marco, "I love you Papa.... Even though i don't say it enoug, i do love you lots." she said before she turned to walk out of the garage before she turned to Eva, "Can we swing back by the house so i can change... I don't want to go to school smelling like gas or oil," she said, "i dont want to get yelled at by the teachers again." She laughed softly.

Maggie watched her mom on the phone and let out a quiet sigh as it became clear that her few days off would quickly turn into just this morning off. "Alright," she agreed, disappearing down the hall.

Upstairs, she set her travel mug aside and dug around in a box for clothes. Thankfully there wasn't a uniform for her new school, so it wasn't completely terrible. After digging around for a moment, she pulled out a pair of jeans, a decent top, and pulled on her leather jacket over it. The leather jacket had been a little too 'edgy' for some of the teachers at her old school, but she had a feeling that the teachers in New York wouldn't even bat an eye at it. She'd yet to decide how she felt about that

When she was dressed, she ran a brush through her hair, but left it down and then joined her mom downstairs, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and sipping from her travel mug.

He saw the wince and just grinned. "One day I won't be around anymore, and you'll miss all my obnoxious nicknames," he warned her with a shake of her head. "Get a B or higher and you can miss tomorrow, not a B minus though," he added, pointing a finger in her direction.

His expression softened and he smiled at her. "I love you, too, Hannah. Now go on, get to school. Your car will be ready for you at the end of the day."

Eva had pulled her jacket on over her tank, and then slid her motorcycle leathers on over, tossing a helmet to Hannah. "Of course. Wouldn't want you getting in trouble. I'll be back, Marco." The man gave her a brief wave as Eva led the way to the parking lot, slinging one leg over the bike. "Hold on tight," she warned because Eva, well she liked to drive fast.

Lacey rolled her eyes at Maggie when she saw her came back into the kitchen and mouthed, 'Im sorry.' Before she continued talking, "No, Like i said, i do not have a uniform... I will be in civilian clothes." She grabbed her keys and frowned a bit. "I will not drive a hour to go get a uniform just to come back this way to check on this disturbance.. That would be a waste time and by the time i came back here it would be different."

She walked out of the kitchen and headed towards the front door and shook her head not talking anymore but still listening to the officer on the other end of her phone. She looked at her phone and muted herself, "I am so so sorry Mags, I had promised this whole week to help you get everything siutated. If there is any boxes or anything you dont know where to put just leave it down with a note to let me know when i get home to put it away." She smiled gently to her daughter. "I really didn't want to go to work but i will have to, there is a disturbance not to far from here and there is no officer near here except for me. "

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hannah rolled her eyes when he told her she would miss his nicknames before humming in response. "Mhmm..." She grinned wickedly at him before grabbing the helmet that Eva had tossed her. "yeah yeah yeah.. Now ill see you later." She told him before hoping on the bike behind Eva. "I always do Eve's." She laughed and hugged Eva tightly. "Just try not to run into a tree or a person please." She exclaimed shaking her head.

((Sorry Hannah's is short minds not working right this second as it is going on Midnight.))

She gave her mom a small smile. It wasn't her fault that she had to go in. "I thought you were didn't need a uniform anymore," she said when Lacey muted the phone, tugging her backpack higher up on her shoulder. It was practically empty as she didn't have much in there aside from some notebooks, her sketchpad, and some colored pencils. It wasn't heavy enough to sit correctly on her shoulders, but she figured that would change when she reached the school.

Nudging her mom a bit, she kissed her on the cheek. "Tell you what, why don't you go ahead and get that sorted out, I'll bring home whatever paperwork you need to sign." If there was a disturbance, she didn't want her mom to waste time taking her to school. "I'll see you tonight, yeah?" No biggie!

Marco gave her a wave as the two girls exited. Eva started up the bike while she waited for Hannah to climb on. "I would never put you in danger like that," Eva promised, backing out of her parking spot. She made sure that Hannah was secure, then pulled out of the parking lot onto the street. It was a relatively short drive from the shop to Hannah's house; about ten minutes later, she was pulling into the driveway and shutting the bike down. She gave Hannah's hand a quick pat. "I'll wait for you here."

Lacey smiled and kissed Maggie back on her cheek. "I don't but for domestic cases i do need one. Or at least i want to wear one." She told her daughter, before she unmuted herself and said, "Yes i am still here. I was talking to my daughter. Yes i was going to bring her to school." She nodded her head when maggie asked if she was seeing her tonight before she hissed into the phone. "No. I do not need a ride nor do i want one from someone i barely know. I work alone." She rubbed in between her eyes and smiled pathetically at Maggie before she walked off towards the kitchen to grab herself some more hot chocolate before she walked out the door to head towards the station.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hannah smiled and waved back before she laughed softly and hugged Eva. "Yeah i know. But i gotta make sure." She said sticking her tongue out in a playful manner. On the way back to the house she was already thinking of her outfit before she hopped off and said, "Be back in less than 5 minutes." She then rushed into the house leaving the front door open while she went to go put on blue jeans and a t-shirt that fit her like a glove and grabbed her favorite leather and lace jacket before putting it on and rushing back out of the house.

While she was closing the door she cursed when sh erealised she forgot her boots and rushed back inside to put on her knee high brown boots. She then rushed back out of the house slamming the door shut and rushing back towards Eva and her bike. She leaned over her knees breathing hard. "I made it... with a couple seconds to spare..." she said with a laugh before grabbing the helmet and putting it on.

Maggie nodded. That made sense. "Be safe," she called after her mother, letting out a sigh when Lacey was gone. Sipping for her hot chocolate, Maggie hitched her bag up higher on her shoulder and headed out the door, locking up behind her. The brand new copy still felt stiff in the lock, and she had to fight with it a little to get it to turn.

Eventually, though, she was on her way to school. Maggie already had the route memorized. It was a two-block walk, a ride on the subway, one transfer to another train, and then she'd be four blocks from the school. It was a good thing that she was used to walking; otherwise, that would be something else to add to her list of Reasons Maggie Hates New York. The walking, though she doesn't mind too much.

The smell of the subway station was another story.

Maggie was grateful for the decent weather. If she had to make the trip to her first day of school alone, at least she didn't have to do it in the rain. When Maggie arrived at school, quite a few students were milling about on the front steps. Maggie stepped through them, picking her way carefully until she made her way inside. The school building was massive, and she glanced around suddenly aching for the claustrophobic-inducing school of her small town. It had been straightforward to find her way around there. Thankfully the main office was right on the inside, so she only had to worry about getting lost on her way to class.

The secretary is pleasant enough, and a moment later, she's sitting in front of the guidance counselor and the principal. It seems they're aware of her dad's passing, and they're recommending some time with the guidance counselor to talk about her feelings. Maggie frowns, and if they sense her displeasure, they ignore it. "We'll have someone from Student Council come in to help you find all of your classes," Mr. Monham continues. "It's a big school, so it can be a bit confusing. They'll meet you outside of each of your classes if they don't share them with you and walk you to your next one."

"Uh, that's alright." Maggie shook her head, "I can find my way around." As much as she worried about getting lost, there was no way she'd want to be shown around by some student council dork. Or by anyone. Maggie had a bit of a problem making friends, and she wasn't fond of very many people. Anyone she was forced to spend time with was likely going to find themselves in a bad spot with her, and it wasn't their fault.

Mr. Monoham shrugged. "It's our policy. He'll be here any moment."

Great. Maggie slumped in her chair with a sigh.

His name was Truman. He was clean-cut, well-dressed, and a complete tool. Maggie got the feeling that he was the type that expected most girls to fawn after him. Maggie could tell that after spending just two minutes with him. "Let me introduce you to some people," he said, as they headed out of the office. "There's still a bit of time before the bell."

"Look," Maggie followed him out the door onto the front steps. "I appreciate your whole Do Good thing, and I'm sure colleges will love it, but me? I don't care. So, you know. You showed up at the office and did your duty; I think I can find my way around from here."

"But..." He blinked, obviously confused. Whatever he was going to say, however, was cut off by the roar of a motorcycle.

Eva waited for Hannah, leaning against her bike outside the house. While she waited, she cleaned under her nails with her pocket knife. By the time Hannah returned, she'd climbed back on the bike with her helmet in her lap.

At Hannah's arrival, Evan pulled the helmet back on and kicked the stand up, waiting for her friend to join her. "You all ready?" She confirmed before taking off.

The drive to the school is relatively quick. Despite the dense New York traffic, Eva gets them there in record time. She's quite adept at weaving through the traffic and cars, so when she roars up to the school, the first bell hasn't even rung yet. They might have broken a few traffic laws, but seeing as they hadn't been caught...

Once they're stopped, Eva takes off her helmet and runs her fingers through her hair before turning to Hannah as she climbs off the bike. "Give me a call if you want a ride home later. I can take you to see mamma." She winked. "We won't tell your dad so you can still get tomorrow off from school."

Hannah laughed softly and nodded her head. "Yes please. Then I'll get a double dosage of your mama." She grinned taking off the helmet and fixing her hair ignoring all the stares. She rolled her eyes at the envious looks from the other kids and said, "want me to message you when I get off? I'm not sure if I'll be tutoring other kids or if I'm gonna be able to leave eight after." She tilted her head throwing her bag up higher on her shoulder. Her booted heel clicked on the ground as she somewhat skipped in place.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Who is that?" Maggie eyed the girl climbing off the back of the motorcycle. She was right in her earlier assumption that leather jackets would be more commonplace here than back home, but she'd never seen one with lace sleeves. It was cute.

So was the girl wearing it.

Maggie bit her lip at the thought. She tried not to have those thoughts, didn't know what her mother would say if she were to confess that maybe... well, it was best not to think about it. There was nothing wrong with o b j e c t i v e l y admitting that another woman was attractive. It didn't mean anything.

"Hannah Russo," Truman supplied, brightening. He seemed happy to be of use.

Maggie hummed in acknowledgment.

Shrugging one shoulder, Eva straightened up the bike, making sure Hannah had everything. Let me know when you're close to being done and I'll meet you out here so you aren't waiting long." It was a decent enough neighborhood, but the New York was rough and the daughter of a mafia boss spelled Target to others. Marcus didn't like his daughter to have to wait for long. "Do well on that test," Eva instructed.

Hannah saluted, "Yes Ma'am." with a wink before she walked away. She smiled at the other kids who said hello, then rolled her eyes when one of the jocks came up to her and tried to put his arm around her shoulder. "Oh buss off Jack." She said shaking her head as she kept walking.

Jack being the jackass (No pun intended lol) he was wrapped his arm around her shoulders, or try to, again. "Oh Hannah Babe. Why do you have to be so rude to me?" He asked her shaking his head.

Hannah looked at him before her eyes landed on someone she never met before. "Because you are rude yourself." She told him before shoving him away from her and headed towards Maggie.

Jack followed behind Hannah like a lost puppy dog and grinned when he saw Maggie. "Well hello there... What is your name sexy?" He asked, "my name is Ja-" Hannah turned to face him, "Just go bother someone else Jack!" She exclaimed before shoving him away more and glared at him until he rolled his eyes and walked away grumbling to himself.

Hannah let out a sigh before she smiled at Maggie. "Hi you must be new around here... My name is Hannah." She said before she nodded to Truman.

Eva watched for a moment and, satisfied that the teen could handle herself against a dumb jock, donned her helmet once more and roared off. Maggie, too, watched the exchange between Hannah and Jack, quirking a brow at the asshole's insistence on touching someone who wasn't having it. "Not Interested," she told Jack at the same time Hannah shooed him off.

The brunette couldn't help but grin at the other girl. She turned to Truman. "It looks like I have a new tour guide for the day, so I'm good here. Thanks."

"But--"

"Buh-bye. If it makes you feel better, I'll tell the office you were a wonderful help, but really, I've got it from here. Thanks." Satisfied that he wouldn't be punished for this, he gave Hannah a wave, cast one last glance at Maggie, and then turned to head inside. She turned her attention back to Hannah, not sparing Truman another glance. "Yeah, I guess it's kind of obvious." They didn't seem to get a lot of new kids very often. "I'm Maggie," she flashed Hannah a smile. "You don't really have to show me around, but it worked to get rid of him."

Hannah laughed softly. "Ill take it Truman." She told him before he walked off and turned to Maggie. "It's nice ti meet you Maggie, Well... Welcome to the small school of New York. We don't get many new people here if you can't tell." She said and waved her hand towards the door. "Well we better get inside before we are late to class. Whats your first class?" She asked tilting her head while she started to walk towards the door.

"Or who is your first teacher? I could give you directions without showing you around if you would like?" She suggested as she lead the way towards lockers.

(Sorry it's short, couldn't think of much more to put ^^' ))

"Thanks." It was a kind enough welcome, even if she didn't particularly want to be going to a new school. She turned to head inside, following after Hannah. "English with Mr. Howard," she read off her schedule. "I'm supposed to go back to the office during lunch to get a locker." Lame that they didn't already have one ready for her, but what could be done about it. "And I'm supposed to see a Miss Ingram about textbooks?"

Hannah nodded listening to Lacey talk. "Well lucky for you I'm in your first class." She winked with a laugh. She started to point out little things, and other people. "Did they at least give you a general direction of where your locker might be?" She asked tilting her head slightly. "Or did they just give you a tour guide and sent you on your way? The new secretary for the office doesn't know that you are suppose to get everything at the same time." She rolled her eyes at the thought of the secretary who is nice but doesn't know how to do things.

She slowly walked towards her own locker. "Let me get my stuff. For first period we can share a text book until we can get the rest of your stuff." She took out two items, a English text book and a spiral notebook with drawings all on the cover with Italian wording on the side.

Maggie nodded, adjusting her backpack. That wink did an odd twisting thing to her stomach, and she pretended to fuss with her straps for a moment to avoid meeting Hannah's eyes; she was damn pretty. "Great. That will save me from being totally lost." Which was still preferential to being stuck with Truman.

"Pretty much. It was a welcome to the school, here's your guide, and here are the people you need to talk to. I guess they figured I wouldn't need a locker right away since I have no textbooks." Still, she had other items on her person. Maggie shrugged a little. It wasn't the worst welcome to receive, but it wasn't the best. She made a mental note of the places and people that Hannah pointed out, but mostly she watched Hannah talk.

"Thanks." She wouldn't really know what was happening, but at least she could reference whatever they were talking about.

Back