Mafia!

Tamara

Hey folks,
I'm going to start a small game of Mafia! If it goes well, I'll think of some more roles for future games so more people can play at a time.

Here's how it works:
There are two groups- Mafia and Civilian. The Mafia tries to kill everyone before the Inspector figures out who they are.

Here are the roles:

Mafia
-Mafia: Message me each 'night' (each round) and tell me who you want to kill.

Civilians
-Inspector 1: (Sane) Message me each 'night' and tell me who you want to inspect. You'll get an accurate result.

-Inspector 2: (Insane) Message me each night and tell me who you want to inspect. The name I tell you will be the opposite of the truth. (Ex: If user 1 is mafia, and you ask me about user 1, I'll tell you user 1 is civilian.)

*Note- If you're an inspector you don't know whether you're sane or insane- only the host does

-Cupid: You message me two people from the people playing on the first night. Those people are now lovers. You continue the rest of the game as an innocent.

-Lovers: I'll message you with the name of your lover on the first night. You two know who each other are, and you can't hurt your lover if you're one of the mafia. You also may not vote against them in eliminations. If one of you dies, the other dies with you.

-Doctor: Message me each night with the name of the person you'd like to heal. If that person was killed by the mafia they no longer die.

-Lawyer: Message me each night with the name of the person you'd like to protect, and they'll be protected from the eliminations the following day. (Explanation of the eliminations below)

-Innocents: You are just innocent people. Your only role is to vote in the eliminations.

-Fool: The fool has a different end goal than everyone else- the fool's only goal is to be eliminated during the day. If they're voted out, the game ends and they win. If the mafia kill the fool, the fool just counts as a civilian death.

For this game, just message me what role you'd like to be and if it's not taken you can be that role. (If you want to be one of the inspectors just say inspector, you can't request sane or insane.) If the role you want is taken, I'll message you your role.

Eliminations:
After the night period, there are eliminations. The civilian goal of eliminations are to eliminate the mafia. The mafia's goal is to not be eliminated. The fools goal is to be eliminated. Everyone playing can discuss and decide who they want to eliminate, and give reasons why. You may claim your role if you wish, whether falsely or accurately. To nominate someone to be eliminated, just say you'd like to do so. Once a person has two nominations against them, they may present a defense to claim their innocence. After that, there's a vote to determine whether the person is eliminated or not. If they're eliminated, the game goes back to the night period. If not, people continue to be nominated until someone is eliminated or the people nominate and vote to end the day period.

Feel free to ask any questions below, and if you're interested in joining please comment and/or message me.

Let the games begin!

I'm in.

Does the mafia have a private conversation, so they can cooperate, or don't they know each other?
And how about the inspectors? Can they cooperate?

I don't have any preferences on whether I am a mafia or a civilian.

I'm in.

Does the mafia have a private conversation, so they can cooperate, or don't they know each other?
And how about the inspectors? Can they cooperate?

I don't have any preferences on whether I am a mafia or a civilian.

Mafia can talk to each other in a private conversation with the host, and they must agree on who to kill. Inspectors can talk to each other during the day if they want, but there's no way to know if they're actually an inspector.

So... Did this die out, go somewhere else, or what? If it is still going, I'm in. Whatever is left.

Back