Mages of Lerner

"We escape punishment if we admit?" Sonor snorted. "What a load of horseshit. 'Oh yeah we're rebels, thanks, now we get off free.' What the hell is the catch in all this?" Sonor felt the binds, probing at them with wordless, formless magic. The steel wouldn't be manipulated easily, the enchantments making it difficult to break. Not that he would likely be able to get past the guards directly in front of him.

The ground, though, didn't hold any of the same enchantments. Tapping lightly on the heavy stone floor, Sonor met eyes with the avid, and gave an ever so slight nod. With a wordless spell, Sonor projected a wispy voice into her ear so only she could hear. "I can slip us through the stone onto the level below before they can react. Are you with me, if worst comes to worst?" He looked for a nod out of the corner of his eye.

"Just state your game and stop jacking me off. I've got better things to do than play around in a dungeon." Sonor stated aloud, flatly.

Having ran silent to listen to the robed man who told him his pending doom Marrick sat down folding legs and arms down as his cherry energy bled from him leaving a rather focused leer that licked at the shackles that bound him and the stone floor, eye crawl along the floor to study the bars. Rolling his head left to right and right to left swaying with the disposition of weight from his lovely horns before speaking ". . . Hmm to stay silent or steel to ones values they would remove my lovely head...the bastards would most likely chip my horns...or play their game and *looking up to Sonar and the avid who shuffled with unrest* be damned to the cold and lonely underbelly of tower till they toss as to die in the front line *Coiling out along the floor and poking his foot out as he strikes an artful pose* Whatever ShaAal we doooo?"

In abuse of his large body he hides a subtle drip of water between the cracks of the stone as he bid the others to come closer with a blown kiss and a wink, from this impric however it seem like another kind of proposition.

Viola frowns as she was shocked at what the guard said, feeling slight offense. ''What? How thick are you?! A noble has no reason to be part of the rebellion!'' She said, with seething anger in her eyes as she stares at the robed man.

After a moment of silence she has had time to think as she realizes something: They are executed if they do not say they are rebels, and then they will live if they say they are rebels? There is just something fishy going on. It is obvious that it is a death-or-death scenario and that they will actually be executed if they claim to be rebels. Vira did tell the intriquing concept. ''So it is a death-or-death scenario? You will obviously arrest us after releasing us if we decide to lie about being rebels, and then later we get executed either way.'' She said, soon smiling as she understands what should be done - nothing. She remains silent, waiting to see how the thing continues.

(guys, a little note, but my grandmother is currently bedridden. I need to stay with her at the hospital and they don't allow wifi in the hospital I'm in, from laptop, phone or other devices. So I'm going to be gone for most of the day. I will however attempt to reply once a day.)

Vira nodded subtly, craning her neck back to get a look at what the others were doing. The noble, as expected, had made a short fuss about it. However, upon quieting she appeared to have come to a realization. Keen on keeping her options open, she made a note of it. The Imparic appeared to be more reasonable, if one could say that, but seemed in on escaping.

She could, worst comes to worst, attempt to undo the magic binding the metal. It would take time, but she would have to be very cover about it. No doubt they were designed to hold mages, but any magic could be worked around with time. She started subtly test the bounds of the warding spell.

"Oho woe is that none would come closer in this eleventh hour? Is I, The *Rolls around with knees and elbows tossing his body about while keeping his slow growing puddle hidden* DAaaaAAAshing Merrick T--o Face his Mortality? *sprawling out with an arched back as a single leg pokes out into the air* Alone whilst Ca--aged With such *winky face at Vira* mmm Beau~ties?"

Merrick strikes a open arm pose while kneeled showing Vira the odd puddle of water that drained into the cracks of the stone, the puddle itself was stained just so in red. Silent eyes vent to Vira in hope she could see past his show and could play along to get close as to abuse of her feathers and his large frame could hide away their actions...however Merricks horned head and gaunt leer made it seem more like he wanted to craft a hat out of her feathers more then seek aid.

"Ohoo but a mortal man...with such eyes on us...Oho they wont be able to look away." Snapping his arms just once as to fluff out his long hair forgetting his hands were bound and as such slapped the cold irons into his forehead, the blunt clank of bone to metal rattles out. Not so much as a flinch as hands return to their as wide as can go out reach to the bird, acting as if it didn't even happen.

Sonor rolled his eyes at the imparic, ready to bludgeon either the imparic or himself to death with the nearest blunt object. Unfortunately, the bastard also seemed keen on escape, and despite the way he acted, he might be useful. Might. Despite the painful show, the human still barely noticed the shallow nod from Vira. He didn't respond. The fewer clues for their captors to go on, the better.

After a brief internal deliberation between casting the silencing spell and another minor message, Sonor chose the latter. The noble seemed to object to their capture as well, and came to the same conclusion he did. Calling once more upon the powers of sound, Sonor projected a wispy copy of his voice into Viola's ear. "I can give us a chance to escape. Get to your family. Prove our innocence from there, if things go south. Are you in?"

He considered projecting the question to Marrick, though the Imparic seemed as likely to blow their cover as help their cause if he was given the information. Both Zel and the other shy, silent student seemed suspect as well. If they were going to escape from this, they would need the element of surprise, and he couldn't count on Zel nor the other student to not blow it.

Either way, Sonor wasn't going to leave their fate up to those two. He would give them the opportunity, but he wasn't going to drag them along if they fell behind. Any other situation, he might help, but today was do or die. Hands hidden behind his back, bound by manacles, Sonor prepared to dislocate one of his thumbs to slip out. "Listen, all of you!" He shouted. "If we admit to anything, we're swinging on the gallows by sunrise. Don't say a word."

Sonor hung his head, averting his gaze from their masked captors. Almost silently, he began casting a spell under his breath, preparing it so it could be completed at a moment's notice. "Let slip and let pass through the hardest of rock..."

Upon seeing the puddle, Vira subtly fluffed out her feathers, stretching them out to help cover the Imparics actions. These shackles were obviously not made with Avid anywhere in mind, but with a simple mental spell she manages to get the shackles more or less to let go of the feathers they trapped and help increase their coverage. She wondered what exactly he had planned, but if the guards saw it they would most likely affect all of them.

Once again assessing the group, she found that two had seemed suspiciously quiet. Vira hoped that they weren't secretly planning something. Two rival escape plans could never go well. Nevertheless, the plan was only backup. She turned her attention back to the masked man to watch for anything suspicious.

Though multitasking was difficult, she had to keep at testing the shackled in case of emergency. It appeared that the metal didn't have anything preventing rust... she could use that to her advantage. Corroding it with a bit of water magic mixed in with metal would be possible. She searched her memory for a possible combination. Erosion and weaken perhaps? Maybe a smaller spell as to go unnoticed... wither metal and encase would do. She began to go about combining the spells as to make it work.

(I'm back all Just need half a day or so to recharge my batteries, both emotional and physical, then I'll write up the next post. :) )

Aymon realized what they were doing, but he kept his mouth shut. If he spoke it might mean they would be punished even harsher then if they were to just admit their false wrongdoings. He was conflicted on what to do. On one hand he didn't want to admit to crimes he didn't commit, but at the same time if he didn't he would be killed for crimes he didn't commit. Before he could answer, he noticed that the others were trying to do...something and he immediately realized that whatever they were doing would simply get him in more trouble. "H-Hey hey! Stop doing that!" Without even thinking he shouts out to them, alerting the interrogator to their casting. With a simple wave of their hand, the chains shrunk for all of the students, crushing their wrists and limbs.

Aymon lets out a loud scream as he just realized what he did, and at the chains crushing his wrists. He allowed the interrogators a reason for killing them and made the students look guilty just on his words. Whatever escape plan or whatever spells the other students were doing had been stopped and it was all his fault.

The Interrogator released the chains returning them to their original size. "Rebel students attempting a rebel spell for a rebel plan to escape an imperial cell. This shall not bode well for you in my reports. I bid you all farewell and....I suggest you don't try that again, or else we'll move up your executions." They threatened before leaving the cell, telling the guards that if they tried ANYTHING they are to be killed on the spot. Aymon looked on disbelief as he slumps back against a wall and crawled into fetal position to hide himself from the others as best as possible.

Vira let out a screech as her chains were tightened. The already ill-fitting shackles had now rendered her wings useless. Sitting there dazed and wide-eyed, she took in deep breaths to try to calm herself. The chains unshrinking did little to help her case.

After gaining her composuer, she glared at the one who alerted the guards. She wish she knew his name so she could curse it, but curses were just for the sake of letting out steam.

"Well we may as well have signed over our lives, well, on may as well have." She narrowed her eyes at the boy. She didn't feel bad for him, he seemed rather pathetic and had just about handed the investigators her head on a platter.

A pained grunt escaped Sonor's lips as the cuffs tightened, crushing his hand in the manacle as he barely managed to pull it free. Nails digging into his palms, Sonor resisted the urge to cuff him on the side of the head, despite the guards.

Tearing his gaze away from the sulking child, he looked around at the other students shackled with him. The noble, The avin. The quiet one and the boisterous one. "Friends, we have one chance to make it out of this alive. I hope you'll do the right thing alongside me." Taking a breath, he once again channeled his magic, and spoke once again under his breath.. "Let slip and let pass through the hardest of rock, Waterstone!" As the chant completed, the wall began to drip, the stone no longer holding it's shape, shaking with the passing of the breeze outside.

Sonor pushed backwards almost immediately as the spell finished, pluging through the wall with a muffled splash, emerging on the other side in the frigid midnight gale, and immediately began to fall. Mentally casting waterstone again, he focused the weakened effects on his manacled hand, and clawed into the wall for resistance. It provided enough resistance to prevent him from free fall, and he slid down the outside of the tower quickly, not waiting for the others. Hopefully they took the opportunity. The spell would only last a few more seconds, and once it ended, they would be trapped in the cell with the guards once more.

"ahha Wat-ter IS IT?!" Sweeping hands having a fine coat of water splash out to the other jailed persons as wall as drizzling upon some of the iron bars, rolling body parts stride with beautiful poster as a full chest puffs as large arms fold to his back rolling to where Sonor had made his door to freedom "Oh doth ye chase away my heart? have you not our joy of friendship ?! Woe woe Ohoho *Arms fold tightly into his chest as his tone sank to a far more focused tone* .. I RE-BUKE!! " Limbs four whip out from their torso as iron bars and shackles alike of those within the cell creek with a magnetic hiss tossing them and any others off balance and if poorly embraced tumbling to the iron bars but in-turn launching Marrick through Sonors melting door, however he failed to note the size difference between him and sonor and did not bend his body right to fit smoothly in as he was repelled out slamming half of his frame into the floor with a dull thud before gasping out a winded "P a r T Of p l A n"

As his spell slung him out with impressive force he drove leg and arm, claws and horn into the stone as Sonors spell worn holding it open for but a few extra seconds. "But For my Sunken heart I Yet need Your waAaAaARmth-- EmbraaAaace me !!! " screaming with all his might the seeming continuation of the first spell reversing the magnetic charge that would now pull him to the others or in this case them to him but they had to make haste as it was only hinted to by their chains that changed direction. If they wanted to abuse this mag-line up and out they had to at least jump to the opening.

However Marricks chest would be their pillow and the risk of a follow up hug as they fell from an unknown height may in itself be death, better than the headsmen axe?

Last edited:
Back