Magic In Iagreth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Spriggan

Magic in Iagreth
1) Please check out the species list before choosing an element. Control of an element depends on what kind of "child" you are. For example sun elves are the only race able to use light magic. Orc, goblins, etc. for darkness magic(exceptions for hybrids see #2.)

2) People who are born with magic are only able to control one element depending on the heritage they were born into. Like for example if you have a child of let's say and orc and a plains person....the child would inherit only darkness magic or only "light earth" magic.

3) In the cases of hybrid species magic users will inherit one type of magic from any of their bloodlines.

4) Magic training typically starts at 4 and it takes up 20 years of training to be considered a master.

5) Part of magic training is faith. Magic users are expected to give back to the world they were born from(for example plant users growing new trees, etc.)

6)Dark Magic: Able to shape darkness and shadows into objects, weapons, shields, and armour. Dark magic users are also able to make shadow puppets come to life for a limited amount of time. They also have have illusion magic.

7) Light magic: Able to shape light into objects, weapons, shields, and armour. Light users also have the power of reanimation(they can bring dead bodies back to life to fight for them)

8) Fire magic: Able to shape fire into objects, weapons, shields, and armour. More advanced users can also use lightning. They never get cold.

9)Air magic: Able to shape air into objects, weapons, shields, and armour. If a master or air they can use it to manipulate storms.

10)"Light Earth" Plant Magic: Earth users are able to manipulate plant life to grow, move and attack, and rise and "walk". They can also use healing magic.

11) "Dark Earth" Rock Magic: Power to manipulate rocks, precious, stones, and metal. Can use to create objects, weapons, shields, and armour. People with this kind of power tend to more durability and strength then others.

12) "Light Water" Water Magic: Users can manipulate bodies or water into objects, weapons, shields, and armour(but can not solidify).

13) "Dark Water" Ice/Snow Magic: The ability to construct things out of snow and ice(can not liquify). Can also manipulate snow and ice.

Last edited:
Conversation from OOC that gives more of explanation of how magic works.

Also my character can use magic and I would like some more details on how I can go about in its use before I post about using it. Light water not being able to harden I take means its being useful is about its current, making a torrent to deflect attacks or make them. Also you say manipulate an element not conjure or summon so that would suggest that I could not lets say just fart out a magic ball of water out of nothing and then start whipping people with it I would need to have some water around me or be in a moist zone to condense it and make it into a weapon?

Do I need to speak words or use spell work? or is it an array of magic with different levels as in --> I can make a lance of water and toss it at some one for whatever effect I was after but if I was to pause and speak out a whole spell the effect of the lance would be many times stronger (on the grounds that I had time to do it) Enchantment seems to be apart of the world so would scrolls be a thing in this world too? speaking its words or giving it a blood price to activate its effects? or or or is it more of an unspoken kind of thing or or or is it every thing and magic is just the subject of where you learned it and the culture around it meaning every one (magic users that is) could do the same thing just goes about it in a different way?

I have also a few spells, effects and tricks my character would use with his water and I wanted to run them by you Spriggan before I just did a thing.

Magic:

Like honestly I pictured manipulating the elements to be akin to how bending works in Avatar the Last Airbender(with the addition of light and darkness and with the dual plants/rocks and water/ice).

tenor.gif

4202200_orig.gif

And yeah you have to manipulate stuff around you(elementals have the advantage here because they are literal incarnations of their element.

No there are no spells.

Your power level so to speak depends on how many years you've been training(usually manifests at four(with some exceptions) and if you get training right away you can be a master at 24)
so in a sense your power and what you can define as your element deepens with your use and training of it branching out in however way you use it? if I was just hot for water whip and used it all day every day the level of how crazy it could be-- having it longer hit harder, using it as a tail or tendril to latch onto things While as I had this over use of the magic itself what I could command with that magic element would go deeper and its definition grow. As an example when toff toph came to a level of understand that iron in its own way was just earth and could control it but only after her over zealous nature into its mastery. sooo like that?

power level wise I take for elements like water or wind would be more size in your control, from being able to slash out a wind blade with your hand to making a brooding storm if not to condense the power of that storm into a wind blade should they desire to do so..

Trying to map out what would be the levels of ----> This guy uses his fire magic to light his candle some times ----> This is a 85 year old war vet who can pop your skull into molten glass by flexing at you. Grant most of our characters are young it would be fair to say we all have a small handful of magic/skills we like and use a lot in that my thinking kinda stems from Bruce lee quote "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,00 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

The core of that question being if I made ice darts, I was all about ice darts and could make things that are dart like spears and arrows if I wanted to make something like an axe out of ice while I had the skill for it due to it being something abnormal for me I would have to give it some honesty focus less it would come out funky? Or is it even if I just do one thing or a handle full of similar things with my magic that as long as a train with it I can easily do something new on the spot due to my skill level over all being high?

I would think the latter shapes into your idea a bit better in that your character just needs to think of it and the power to do it is reflected in your prowess to command and control it-----juuuuust maken sure. sorry for this. <___> so many rps with 'fights' over magic and its usage.
This is essentially how it works yes.
In answer to your question this one:

If you do something abnormal for your character yes you technically do have to give it some focus or things go wrong.

Also like you can discuss certain magic applications here if you like beforehand if you are ever unsure of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back