Main Event/General Roleplay Ideas

Illusion Game: Secrets of Suburbia

Premise

Subdivision.jpg

Sunwater, California, 1954. Population: 200.

Sunwater is a peaceful suburb nestled in California, in a world where people are able to accept amd love one another for who they are. No matter the color of your skin, the gender of you or the people you love, the God you pray to (or none at all), the good people of Sunwater are able to look beyond that all. Sure, there may be a few troublemakers in leather jackets from the local high school riding around, the occasional accident when a kid finds his dad's hunting rifle or when his friends pressure hin to smoke, or even the threat of infidelity in what should be a happy marriage. But no matter the problem, these upstanding citezens are able to face them all, and make Sunwater the dream suburb.

Everywhere you go is a smiling face, a friendly neighbor. Everyone knows everyone by name here. The kids and young folks can go to the roller rink or the drive-in for fun...and over to Lover's Peak for a bit more. The PTA hosts plenty of socials and get-togethers to raise money for the local schools, and those who don't commute to work have plenty of small shops along Main Street to tend to. It seems that nothing truly terrible ever goes on, and why would it? It's a happy, peaceful, perfect place.

So why not come take a look for yourself?

Mechanics

This is an illusion game based off 50s sitcoms, as well as modern deconstructions of them (Pleasantville, Stepford Wives, etc.). Like all illusion games before it, everyone is stripped of memories and powers, and given a new life in Sunwater. I'm debating on whether or not roles will be included, as this is only the early stages of planning, but characters will earn memories back each round. But be warned-so will NPCs. And a few of them aren't so friendly...

And there won't be an afterlife, either. I plan on keeping this a pure narrative.​

Answer the Call

Premise

It was a cold but lovely Fall evening in downtown New York City. Well if it wasn’t for the crimson red skies and the giant hole looming menacingly from up above. The streets were all but deserted, by the living that is.

The ghostly community of New York were on a rampage and no one were safe. If only there was a group of heroes made for this job. Who you gonna call?

giphy.gif

The Ghostbusters of course! But with even them on the case the massive ghost rampage across the city have spread them and their allies out thin, but then they get a call about a massive electrical storm at 550 Central Park West. The Shandor building created as a portal to other realms. Letting their allies deal with the ghost the four main Ghostbusters make their way to the building and as they arrive find a peculiar sight. On the ground several humanoid figures laid motionless. It didn’t take long for the group to realize that they were travelers from other dimensions who had somehow arrived in this world. Was their arrival and the sudden ghost outbreak connected?

Heading back to the Firehouse with their new travelers who are left in the hands of the very capable Janine Melnitz and a few other allies, the Ghostbusters ride back into the night to try to find the cause of the outbreak in the city while the people left in the Firehouse to try to figure out how and why they had arrived here.

However as they try to figure out the cause, little do they know that one among them has a sinister ploy planned for all of them…before the night is over there will be more dead roaming the streets.

Mechanics

This will be the first main series rp in a very long while to see the return of the traitor role. However it will have a slight twist to it. There is only going to be one traitor in the group, but every other round the person who is the traitor will be switched. Players will have to contend with finding the ever switching traitor before doom befalls them all.

There will be an afterlife, but I wont reveal anything more then that.​

Illusion: Happily Never After

What would you do if your entire life was already decided from birth? If you were born to fulfill a role in a story, even if it gave you an unhappy ending? Would you follow the path you were given without question, staying true to your heritage? Or would you try and fight your fate, make your own ending, even if it came at the cost of all you hold dear?

Well, let me go ahead and answer that for you. No matter how you decide to treat your fate...it doesn't matter.

Because you don't even have a say in the first place.

---

My Dear Student,

Once upon a time...I'm sure you've heard that phrase before! Your entire life revolves around it, as does mine! After all, I'm the one in charge of all these stories you and the rest of the denizens of our world are from! And as I'm sure your parents have told you from the start, you have a responsibility to keep these stories alive by following the role you were born into. No matter who you will be-royalty, vagabond, magician-each role is important in ensuring the future of your story! Otherwise, you and your entire family would cease to exist, and your story would vanish into nothing.

Now, I know how scary that sounds, but don't worry! That's where I and the other staff at Ever After High School come in. Since the beginning, this boarding school has prepared future fairy tales for their roles in life with appropriate classes, guidance from current fairy tales, and a concentrated campus to meet and bond with others just like you. And then, come senior year, you are ready to face Legacy Day with your head held high, and sign your name to your destiny!

I look forward to seeing you this school year. Make sure to review your schedule and living arrangements enclosed in this packet, and I can't wait to help you achieve your happily ever after.

Your Headmaster,
I. Grimm

---

Premise

latest

Welcome to the world of fairy tales, where you've been born into a very important role. You see, in this world separated from the mortal one, everyone is destined to play a part in a fairy tale. You are the descendant of a long line, stemming from the originals in the story. Cinderella, Robin Hood, The Big Bad Wolf...someday, you must take on the role of that character, and live out the story (with less gruesome results than the real stories, so don't worry!) In order to get you ready for your future, you'll be attending Ever After High, a boarding school that will give you the necessary classes for a successful run as whoever you were born to be!

But unfortunately...none of this is real. You don't know it, but you are someone else. Your memories were taken from you, and you were brought into a completely different place, under the guise of attending this school. But maybe there's a way to get your memories back...if not, then it appears your destiny will be rewritten forever.

Mechanics

So, this will follow your typical Illusion Game format. You will play a character whose real identity is a secret. Instead, you will start as an illusion character: someone with different memories, appearance, personality, etc. You will be a student attending school, or possibly a teacher (I haven't decided yet lol). And identities will return through the use of Saviors, a role that a few randomly selected people will have. Not sure if other roles will get used or not, but we will see~​

Side Story: Cyphon Miracles

Wx8NDpa.png

Wake up, chap. Rise and shine. What do you see?

tenor.gif

Up and front is your first instinct as you open your eyes. You see a sky of floating lands. Beneath your feet is fine, green grass. You can tell that this is not home. Maybe it is, but it probably isn't.

It seems that you are not alone. Many others too are awakening from their slumber. The grass you slept on must be really luxurious! I'm amazed that you can sleep despite those monsters lurking nearby.

Now that you are aware that you are from home, what will you do?

5TGYdDl.png

As stated, you are a lost soul alongside other lost souls, seeming to have been sent to a place far away from home. You can choose to cooperate, or you can choose to ditch the gang. I probably wouldn't reccommend the latter, but hey, you do you.

Your initial goal would naturally be to find a way home as you venture across grassland after grassland, metropolis after metropolis, getting aid from various individuals along the way. These settings you traverse and trek(or roads you cross, watch out for traffic!) will be familiar to those who have dabbled in Cygames works. Perhaps the events that happen in your journey will give you a new one?

TXAWtSw.png

You are required to play a character originating from a Cygames product, be it their collection of games, mobile, browser and console alike, or few anime.

That is all. Any other possible restrictions to note like powerlevels will be overlooked by GMs.

mYcJvWd.png

This is a standard band-together go-on-adventure kind of thing, and won't be too complicated on the surface, with combat and routes kept simple enough, yet with a flair of branching. No concept of traitors whatsoever unless you want to start something. Anything else to mention will be kept for plot.​

latest

On A Cold Neverwinter Day

It's a world, much like yours. Tall castles, orcs terrorizing people, swords and magic. However, the problems faced by this world are numerous, needing many heroes of different kinds to step up and fight evil. This world is a broken world, scourged by necromancers, monsters, and magic that has caused it to fall into ruin.

Something has gone wrong in the Multiverse. The city of Neverwinter has lost its defenders, great heroes who protect the citizens and have helped rebuild the city. In response, the gods have used their power to bring about new protectors, saviors from their own worlds on their own merit to help save the city of Neverwinter, the Forgotten Realms, and beyond.

Premise

2-463px-Sigil.jpg

An event based on the Forgotten Realms and Planescape D&D settings with some influence from Pathfinder, Diablo, and Dark Souls with sprinklings of other fantasy works. The characters are pulled via the magic of Sigil into the Forgotten Realms city of Neverwinter. The player characters will have to save Neverwinter and Sigil from an encroaching Multiversal threat rising within the city.

Sigil, Neverwinter, Shou Lung, and Evernight are all locations that will be visited, as well as some more secret locations.

Character Requirements

Characters will need to come from a Fantasy work. However, as the genre is so broad, if you feel like a character fits, but you are not sure, DM me and I will determine if they fit. I will also be a bit lenient with Power Levels as D&D Power levels can be a bit iffy, especially once you get to higher levels. I will let you know if something might be iffy.

Also, single characters only, please!

Mechanics

Nothing special here, just a normal side story about going on an adventure. However, actions will have consequences, so be wary of that.​

Last edited:

unknown.png

Input: E V E R Y T H I N G I S G O I N G T O B E O K A Y_

Print: G O O D M O R N I N G
D O C T O R Y U M I S S K I S H I N A M I_

Override: W H O S A F R A I D O F T H E B I G B A D W O L F ?_

Subject: Pytheas Check
To: Morgan Yu
Morgan, recently the Pytheas facility has had some strange errors. Please look into why. It has something to do with corrupted files merging.

Subject: You and I​
To: Morgan Yu
Remember who you are. We're the same person, you and I.

Subject: Pytheas Investigation​
To: KASMA Corp Retrieval Team Θ
You are to retrieve the data from the TranStar Pytheas Facility and evacuate Manticore (Doctor Pieceman) if possible. We have not located any signs of life on Pytheas, thus we expect you shall not face any resistance.
We expect perfection on this mission.​

Blue Moon: A Convergence Sidestory

The Moon is a friend. Since the beginning of humanity, the moon has been at our side, controlling the tides, watching over us, protecting us.

Following the establishment of the Pytheas base, issues immediately began. Research started disappearing, computer systems started showing errors, and memories became confused, and mysterious emails started popping up in people's inboxes. Eventually it became such a problem that Morgan Yu, TranStar's Vice President, was dispatched with a team to uncover what exactly was going on. However, after only a day, that team went missing and stopped responding to messages from Talos One.

latest

Noticing the Pytheas Moonbase’s inactivity, Kasma Corp, a TranStar competitor, sent a followup team to the moonbase to see what information could be gathered, corporate secrets could be uncovered, and to extract an agent from the station.

However, it won't be as simple as it sounds. Dark secrets lay in the code of the Pytheas Moonbase's computer systems.

Premise:

An event that combines Prey: Mooncrash with Fate/Extra CCC and Fate/Extella that will lead into my event Pray for Mercy.

The party is a group that works for KASMA Corp that is sent to TranStar's Pytheas moonbase to extract an agent that was stationed there as well as recover corporate data from TranStar to give to KASMA. However, due to issues involving Multiversal bleed, things won't be so easy, and the Pytheas Station's computer system, which stores memories sent from Talos One as well as memories from the base itself, has gone awry by melding with the Moon Cell from Fate/Extra, causing people to change and personalities to blend.

Mechanics:

Every round, characters will have to report to their Handler, a KASMA executive known only as "Chimera". A character may be chosen to give this report, or you can file these as a group. You can lie in these and the amount and quality of the given information will help determine the ending.

Each round will also switch between Pytheas and the Moon Cell, with the occasionally middle leap (open a door, there's the Moon Cell, travel through a portal, back in Pytheas) in order to demonstrate the instability of the systems caused by the meshing between the worlds.

For the prologue, you will play an OC who will become the fandom character who will be played for the rest of the event.​

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust (working title)

Premise

For your entire life, you've been rather...ordinary. Your life is not as exciting as those of others in stories or movies; in fact, you may know heroes or talented people in your own life, and you just missed out on their great adventures. Maybe a peaceful, normal life doesn't bother you, or maybe it does. Either way, everything is about to change. And you may find your own worth out in the most unlikely of places...

PixieHollow-seasons.jpg

Mechanics

Based on the Disney movie Peter Pan, as well as the Tinker Bell movie series, characters will wake up in Neverland, shrunk down to the size of Fairies. As you try to find your way home, you will be given a Talent via Pixie Dust that will give you the powers of a certain type of Fairy.

Tinker-Talent

Light-Talent

Garden-Talent

Fast-Flying-Talent

Water-Talent

Animal Talent

Your character will receive the abilities of one Talent of your choice, and will need to work together with other members of said Talent to get around Neverland and figure out how to get home.

There will be no deaths in this game, and as a result no afterlife, either. No roles as well, and I may yet allow duos, we have to see.

Character Requirements

Your character must be an ordinary person. No powers, no larger-than-life talents, they must be a regular person. Now, they can have an association with extraordinary people, just not be those people themselves.

Some examples to give you an idea:

-Confidants from the Persona series who aren't Persona users
-Pokemon characters who aren't Gym Leaders or the main protagonists
-Friends or allies of superheroes (i.e. Peter's friends from Spiderman: Homecoming)
-Villagers/non-magical units from Fire Emblem (will depend on a case-by-case basis, as characters have varying relevance to plot/abilities).

If you have a character question, by all means ask! We can absolutely work something out.​

Good Old Fashioned Family Values

uE733aEj7uBO87XJMzVVFem62Wfga7RX43ym9C3QS0hU3condc8yf3rzvTngIPjTepU91nn7_8tyNUfex0dcFQgJMa1H57nTGkHs1zdBAPhTGqGYCQI9QZpGHKpcQZxjDGTR7Q2w

“Hey, Lois, remember that time a bunch of strangers wandered into our house because of an interdimensional portal? That was pretty weird, right? I feel like we should talk about that.”

Hosted by Mason and Paladin
@Alex Azure @Minerva

Premise
“Peter! The United Nations is at the door!”

Quahog, Rhode Island is just your average small town in the Northeast United States. However, due to shenanigans, Stewie Griffin has caused an interdimensional rift, pulling a bunch of multiversal travellers into Quahog. Now, they must fix it in order to get back home, and perhaps, save the multiverse.

The players are sent to Quahog, Rhode Island due to a mix up in the Multiverse Continuum. Now, they must find out why they were brought here, get back home, and

This is meant to be a sort of “Cool down” game following Flashpoint, relying on non-sequitur and comedy instead of drama and horror.

Mechanics
“Hey Lois, remember that time I went to the store and Makoto Naegi died?”

Once each chapter, the group will have a flashback to the moment that nobody actually remembers. When they return from the cutaway, one of you will be dead. It is up to everyone to discover who among them has been murdering people through cutaway gags.

Rules
  1. STC’s rules apply​
  2. You can choose any characters that are not native to the Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad universe.​
  3. If you believed this pitch:
    April Fools!

Illusion: Avengers Undercover
View attachment 3705
Premise
Deep in the heart of Bagalia, crime reigns supreme. Baron Zemo's sovereign criminal nation hides in plain sight, preparing to usurp S.H.I.E.L.D. and spread chaos across the known world. Backed by an army of loyal looters and enlisted killers, the Masters of Evil command a fighting force capable of toppling governments and coalitions alike, finally giving degenerates and crooks a place they can proudly proclaim as home. Yet the world is not willing to quietly into the night. With the hope of undermining Zemo's organization from the inside out, S.H.I.E.L.D. calls upon a dozen heroes from the wider multiverse. With this new fire power in their corner, they prepare them to become sleeper agents in the Masters of Evil's Criminal Empire, activating them once they have earned the loyalty of their supervisors. Yet time is off the essence; as Zemo's plan enters its final stages, 12 heroes turned villains are that stand between the forces of order and the rising tides of disaster.

Mechanics
This game would follow traditional Illusion Game mechanics, with a few character restrictions; the Illusion Persona would have to be a small time super-criminal, and their canon self would have to be a hero or anti hero. Obviously, this game wouldn't allow canon Marvel characters to be played.

Kryptonians vs Saiyans
A Convergence Sidestory

It all started with a little deal.

Fu, the son of Towa and Mira of the Time Breakers, and Mr Mxyzptlk, the fifth-dimensional Imp, met.

Fu spoke of how formiddable the Saiyans were as opponents, while Mr Mxyzptlk wanted to prove that the Kryptonians he constantly tormented were the tougher nuts to crack. After some debate, they agreed that a physical battle would be in order, for that was the true, accurate way to determine who was the more formiddable race.

The agreement was to summon a team of eight warriors each that fit the respective conditions.

3bc.jpg

This will serve as a very simple sidestory where the player characters will either have to be a Kryptonian or Saiyan. They will be teleported into a battlefield without prior knowledge.

Timeline-wise, this will occur after the Flashpoint Trilogy.

One roleplayer can only play a maximum of one Kryptonian and one Saiyan.

Each competing team will contain an incarnation of Superman directly based on Earth 52's Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman and a depiction of Dragon Ball Super's Son Goku.

For any missing spots, fret not. They will be covered by GMNPCs. I will await a minimum of 4 roleplayers before beginning. After getting my four, however, I will wait two weeks before starting.

The competition format will be decided within the Roleplay itself, so keep your eyes peeled!

Below are character conditions and extended limitations.

Kryptonians
The standard characters that are part or full-Kryptonian are allowed.
Characters that have a Superman motif but are not Kryptonians such as DCAU Supergirl, Steel, Cyborg Superman or Kenji Kong/Superman of China are allowed.

Saiyans
The standard characters that are part or full-Saiyan are allowed.

"I think we're a referee short... not that we need one. I can run this with two arms tied behind my back!"

"How does someone who is both and neither Kryptonian and Saiyan sound for a referee?"

"You and your cryptic- Wait, you're just making this up, aren't ye?"

"Oh, I've heard of him. In fact, I'll bring him here right now."

Sidestory​

Chaos by Nature

Terminator_Salvation_10.jpg

Skynet has plans to expand to every world/timeline it can get its grubby hands on, and it has help. It has the expanded knowledge of a human killer connected to its “systems” and a doctor who has expanded knowledge of Technology and growing skin on its “army”.

This RP is set in Post Apocalyptic 2029, and characters receive a simple message through their own timeline/worlds that beam through technology that simply says “If you receive this, you are the Resistance.”

Through each world/timeline Skynet rests in, the world’s residents are in danger of falling to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a side story and I’m trying not to reveal too much about the story.

Characters allowed here are human/humanoids up to Cyborgs or up to evil AIs

There are three sides: Join the Worldwide Resistance, Skynet with expanded help as AI developed expansions or play a neutral character.

Jump Up, Break Free!
A Mario Odyssey Event

Premise

Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Probably not, because you got dragged into this whole mess out of nowhere. In just one moment, you were going about your usual routine, then in the next, boom! You wake up in a pitch black little village inhabited by...ghosts with hats? Confusing as it is, you're not alone, either; you have a group of folks in the exact same situation, none of you having a single clue what's going on. And before you can figure out how or why you were all brought here, things go off the rails very fast. It's up to you, an unlikeky band of strangers, to come together and travel this new world and find your way home. And who knows? Maybe this world is in need of some help of its own...

Mechanics

This is a main event based on the game Super Mario Odyssey. Throughout this game, characters will travel through various kingdoms throughout a world, collecting Power Moons to power up their source of transportation, a few airships. There will be no character death and this will follow a narrative premise, with emphasis being on exploration and puzzle solving...with the occasional battle here and there, of course.

Character Requirements

Characters will be street level or less for this event. Think folks like Spiderman or Link; they can be strong, but no one as powerful as, say, Captain Marvel or Thor. I will more than likely allow duos for this, too.​

The Sacred War

A Convergence story based on Warhammer 40,000

78332.jpg

It is the end of the 41st Millennium.

For more than a hundred centuries, The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium of Man, for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, the combined might of mankind’s armies has only brought stagnation. Mankind is frozen in an eternal war with an unending infestation of heretics, aliens, mutants - and worse.

But those times are ending. A storm of change is consuming the galaxy.

The disparate forces of the Imperium converge on the fortress world of Cadia as the armies of the Chaos Gods, led by Abaddon the Despoiler, hurtle towards it on a mission to tear reality asunder and carve a path all the way to Holy Terra itself. Ancient secrets are uncovered within the depths of Emperor’s domain, and the lines between purity and corruption become blurred.

An icon will fall. A god will awaken. A primarch will rise. The galaxy is burning.

You are strangers to this war, conscripted against your will to fight in His name. You are one amongst untold billions. You will witness the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding.

For in the grim dark future of the 41st millennium… there is only war.

There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Mechanics
This will be a standard Convergence event, based on the popular tabletop wargame Warhammer 40,000, specifically the Gathering Storm events that marked the end of the 41st millenium. Rather than being victims of the unknown phenomenon that results in convergence events, the characters have been forcibly torn from their homeworlds by the Imperium of Man, conscripted against their will as agents in the war against Abbadon the Despoiler and his Black Crusade.

Entering the dark galaxy of the 41st Millenium has resulted in a number of bizarre effects upon the characters.

Perils of the Warp: The Immaterium, also referred to as the Empyrean, the Aether, the Sea of Souls, the Realm of Chaos, Warpspace or most commonly, the Warp, is an alternate dimension of purely psychic energy that echoes and underlies the familiar four dimensions of the material universe in Warhammer 40,000. The Warp is the source of all psychic powers and known instances of so-called "sorcery" or "magic" as well as the home dimension of the powerful entities known as the Chaos Gods and their myriad legions of daemonic servants. The extrasensory, seemingly magical abilities of the psychically-gifted individuals known in the Imperium of Man as “psykers” are powered by the energies of the Warp, and when such power is used, the daemons and creatures of the Immaterium are drawn to the psyker's mind like moths to a blazing flame.

All characters in this event who, in their source material, possess abilities that could be described as magic, psychic/psionic, sorcery, supernatural, wizardry, alchemy, occult, spiritual, or otherwise involve tapping into supernatural sources of energy, will become “psykers”, causing the source of their powers to become the Warp as opposed to whatever they had before.

As a subversion of usual Convergence style, psyker characters will have their powers buffed by a significant degree. The nature of this empowerment will be mandated so as to not ruin the narrative and/or solve every problem the characters come across, but is otherwise open for player interpretation. Feel free to get creative with how your character’s abilities are strengthened or even changed as a result of drawing power from the Warp. How would a ‘dark’ or ‘evolved’ version of their powers look like?

For example, Dante (from the Devil May Cry series!) would be considered a psyker due to his demonic nature and ability to do things like turn into a demonic form. In this event, Dante’s demonic powers would become far more potent. While his weapons remain the same as they always were, his Devil Trigger could have him transform into an even more demonic entity - somewhat more twisted in appearance, but larger and stronger than he ever was in his source material.

As with all things in Chaos, power comes at a cost. Anytime a psyker character makes a significant usage of their powers, it will cause randomly-chosen psychic phenomena or “perils of the Warp” to occur. These side-effects could be anything, ranging from unnatural sights/sounds to daemonic possession.

Gifts of the Omnissiah: The Adeptus Mechanicus is the official Imperial name within the Adeptus Terra for the Cult Mechanicus, or Cult of the Machine, based on Mars which provides the Imperium with its scientists, engineers and technicians. The Adepts of the Mechanicus are the primary keepers of what is viewed as sacred wisdom, a privileged caste of Tech-priests who jealously guard the knowledge required to maintain and construct much of the Imperium's advanced technology.

Similar to Perils of the Warp, any character in this event who would NOT be considered a psyker based on the parameters set above will be considered eligible for forge world upgrades to the weapons, armor, and gear they bring from their source material; in other words, they receive similar “buffs” to their capabilities as psyker characters do, focused on their equipment as opposed to innate powers.

Once again, the specifics of how the character’s gear is upgraded is entirely up to the players - you are encouraged to be creative in imagining what an upgraded, evolved or otherwise “master-crafted” version of your character’s weapons and armor would look like. This could include new functionality or merely increased performance that would bring them to the same general power-level as the psykers.

For example, Spider-Man would lack the powers required to become a psyker, but he could receive an enhanced version of his suit that becomes more akin to light power armor that would increase his physical capabilities even further. He could also receive ballistic versions of his web-spinners, allowing him to fire lethal, explosive-laced versions of his webs that could wipe out whole squadrons of men.

It should be noted that characters who are considered psykers would NOT receive the upgrades that non-psykers get with Gifts of the Omnissiah. Their home equipment would be exactly the same as it is in their source-material. For this purpose, characters in this event will be categorized as “psyker” and “not-psyker”

Character Restrictions
In the world of Warhammer 40,000, the relationship between humanity and xenos - aliens - is tenebrous at best and outright hostile at worst. The majority of the setting is xenophobic to a belligerent degree, the very presence of a xenos being grounds for summary execution of it and any witnesses of the alien fiend. In the same vein, mutants - foul mockeries of the holy human form - are treated with similar hatred and lethal intolerance.

Due to the circumstances of the event and the course of the story, it is strongly preferred that you do not play a character that is blatantly non-human, mutated or alien in appearance. Certain characters that are not human but are generally humanoid in appearance - such as elves - can be justifiably played provided they hide any indication of their inhuman nature.​

The Devil is in the Detail
View attachment 4224

Premise
You have just received an envelope with no return address.

"I know what you did." It reads. "Meet me at the Hotel Inferno."

Deep down in your heart, you know what exactly what your mysterious pen pal is referring to. You've done something wrong. If anyone were to find out what you did, you would be ruined. Finished. With no other choice, you pack your bags and prepare for dinner with the devil....

Mechanics
You have a secret. It's the kind of secret you wouldn't find on your character's wiki page. They've done something horrible after leaving their universe. Something they regret. It's up to you to decide what that secret is.

You're being blackmailed. Every night, a secret will be revealed. Unless you can find the blackmailer among you, sooner or later, your truth will come out.

Your blackmailer will give you a task to complete every night. Should you fail to complete this task by morning, your card will be drawn. Your secret will come out. Some tasks will be given to you publicly. Some will remain private. Either way, your life- and more importantly, your reputation- depends on your cooperation.​

The Goddess
At the furthest edge of the Multiverse, something is stirring.
An ancient being has awoken.
In its wake, miracles are happening.
Dying stars have been reborn.
The sick have been cured.
The dead are walking.
The laws of nature have been turned on their heads.

The Apex Predator has called for a Fellowship of Faiths to gather to discuss the arrival of this new deity. The Fellowship has taken the Deity 'the Goddess'. This is about all they can agree upon.
Some factions within the Fellowship believe the Goddess to be a false God, unworthy of worship. Others believe that the Goddess is the second coming of one of their own deities. Others have changed their beliefs to accommodate for its arrival.

The Fellowship has reached a hung verdict. With new religions factions adding their voices to the discussion each day, its only a matter of time before the balance tips.

Is the Goddess worthy of your love and adoration? Or is she a false Idol in need of erasure?

Mechanics
This game is going to be a spiritual successor to Champions of the Arena. The game's story is going to be dramatically influenced by player decisions. At the start of each chapter, the Fellowship of Faiths will gather to discuss their next move, and the players will have an opportunity to sway the decisions of their fellow cult/religious representatives. At the end of these sequences, a ballot will be cast as to the Fellowship's next big move. Whether the Fellowship chooses to protect and worship the Goddess or go to war with her depends on the players' choices.

Beyond this, there will be many opportunities for your characters to go 'feral' and make story-shaping decisions throughout the game.

Character Restrictions
To join the Fellowship, your character must a member of, followers of or associated with a Fantasy/Sci-Fi religion or cult. I'll probably be quite lenient with this rule when the game begins, but it wouldn't make sense for someone not associated with a God, Goddess, Saint etc. to be invited to join the Fellowship.​

NeoTokyo: Re;Build

fba3839715e6a5ba9d78f1e52827f11a.png

"Let's go back to the start"

The year was 2015. A nuclear conflict had erupted on Earth, devastating major cities and collapsing countries. Yet from the ashes of collapsed governments there was a savior. The megacorporations, companies given power by governments. They stretched out their hands, and pulled humanity from perdition. This was a double edged sword, however. They pulled humanity up and out, but took control themselves.The United Nations attempts to hold political power against the corporations, but can only do so much due to lobbying and influence from them.

It is now 2089. The world has been rebuilt. The largest superpower is the Japanese Imperial State, which holds large swaths of the Pacific Rim in its grip. Its capital, referred to as Neo-Tokyo, is the largest city in the world with a population of over 25 million people. Home to several of the corporations, with many others having offices here as well as the United Nations headquarters, it's the biggest pond there is.

Welcome back to the Neo-Tokyo Sprawl, chummer. Welcome back to hell.

So, What is This?
image5png.png

A rehash of Little Trouble in Neo-Tokyo, covering the same themes and concepts Neo-Tokyo did. This will act somewhat as a Director's Cut, changing things around, building on plot, organizing the plot to be more sensible, and expanding things to do to make a more Open World illusion experience. Cyberpunk worlds are my favorite things, and I feel like there's a lot to explore. Especially with the added benefit of allowing more time for events/side stories, it allows me to explore what I wanted to happen and get immersive with the synth and neon.

Features:

d8abb1cab308a877ceb1b641aa1abada.jpg

Neo-Tokyo: Re;Build is a new event that retreads the path the original Neo-Tokyo took. However, this is intended to be a more long term, slow burn experience rather than the compressed three month plot rollercoaster the original one was.

What does this include?

1. A day-night cycle: The event will take place over a period of eight days, with each day counting as a round, and a switch between Day/Night every half chapter. Things done each day will have an effect on the next day.

2. A revamped job system: In the last one, you had jobs, but they were mostly just for show. Across the eight days, your job will have an effect on NPC interactions, various abilities, and other cool surprises.

3. Shadowrunning: When the day turns to night, players have a chance to uncover part of their former self through Shadowruns, stealing information or goods from the corporations. Players do not have to participate in this, but they will be fun little jobs that will restore characters back to their original selves as well as give backstory. (There are other methods for restoring memories.)

4. Internal struggle: When you find out you or your best friend is gaining old memories, will you report them to the United Nations for registration, or will you keep it to yourself because registration means the corporations might come, and other wacky moral dilemmas and grey morality you find in the cyberpunk genre.

5. Backstory: A look at Kenjiro Yamadera, as well as the circumstances that lead to Neo-Tokyo being what it is now. This would expand a lot of what Neo-Tokyo implied, but I never got to use.

6. An Open World: Freedom of Choice, and a large sandbox to do things in. NeoTokyo would have the ability to approach things several ways, and would have several competing factions players can interact with. Go to a ramen shop, shoot a mugger, stay in your apartment. There's a variety of things to do in the city, and you won't be railroaded to go to specific locations.

The How and Why:

Personally, I'm not pleased with how the original Neo-Tokyo turned out. It was rushed, I was new to it, there was a lot that could have been done. This would be a total reworking that follows the same basic plot.

The How is that I would require a Co-GM or two in order to make this work. I'm a college student that suffers from anxiety and depression, and can get busy or fall into a slump. These things mean I need support. This is a large project, and having someone help me would be great. This would NOT be a casual, but it would also be much slower paced, allowing players and characters to take their time, meet each other, and explore.

Also, yes, in the end, your choices won't matter on a cosmic scale because Yamadera still needs to be ousted from the UN for War of the Universe and Fighting of the Spirit to take place. I'm sorry, but I love free will, but also established lore. I know you all are understanding, however.

Last edited:
after so many rewrites, its done(?)

All or Nothing!!!

The Seimahai Tournament, looking for lively participants! The winner of the tournament will be given the title of Holy Demonic King, and will also receive all sorts of unimaginable prizes and riches and so much more! There are no restrictions regarding the weapon of choice or type of match, the only requirement for victory is... to keep winning!

If you are interested in participating, please attend the newcomer orientation and come prepared. More information on how to attend the orientation is provided below.

A shady advertisement for an out of this world tournament has been making the rounds, and you just happened to stumble upon it. Sounds ridiculous, right? Whoever posted this must be a scam artist taking more than they could chew. Heck, the second part of the flyer looked like it was hastily pasted in with white-out and an orange marker. Before you can laugh it off, disregard it completely, and walk away, something does catch your eye.

The information of the orientation at the bottom of the flyer page, besides the where and when to meet for the orientation. No doubt about it, that was a picture of you on there as well as your name. Even more than that, there was a cryptic message that was more directed for you, the passerby reader.

... you wouldn't want to refuse this personal invitation, now would you? Unless you want to prepare for the worst, I'd suggest to attend. ;)

Perplexing as it is, something was terribly off about this whole tournament, especially if this was implying "the worst" to happen on the case that this invitation was ignored. So, only one way to find out...

Mechanics

This game revolves around a tournament setting, a really unconventional tournament setting. For starters, the players will have a completely different set of rules to follow for the tournament aside from the rest of the competition. The general gist of it is to maintain a high enough Approval Rating from the audience. There will be many ways to increase Approval Rating over the course of the game, but know there is a way to keep raising it up. At the end of every Chapter, there is a check on whether or not the participants are above the minimum Approval Rating. It is advised to keep your Approval Rating to avoid elimination, since it factors to what kind of ending is played out depending on amount of people eliminated from competition. More information on how this tournament functions will be explained in full when the IC gets going.

Due to how I set this all up, no duos are allowed for this. And I think that's it.​

Serpent in the Garden
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

talos_elohim.jpg

You wake up in a temperate environment. You don't know how you got here, or where you are. Surrounding you are Roman ruins, painted with frescoes and mosaics depicting people participating in their daily lives. The waves lap on the seashore. This is a calm place, a beautiful place. One of Peace.

A voice echoes across the sky. “Behold, Child. You are risen from the dust, and now walk in my Garden. Hear now my voice, and know that I am your maker, and I am called ELOHIM. Seek me in my temple, if you are worthy.”

The voice then leaves you with several obstacles ahead for you to solve.

Requirements

2d0df581b8334a19e600bf7a7ab09a260fc379a2.jpg

You are required to play a robot of some kind. Preferably an android. This is because androids are the most functional for the event’s purposes. That is the only requirement.

Mechanics

There will be no combat, just puzzles and existentialism. This is meant to be a calm, relaxing, stress free event for both GM and Players.​

Breach
View attachment 4506

You’ve been trapped in a cell for god knows how long. Your name is no longer your name, your name is now SCP-5621-whatever number they gave you. You don’t know why, you’re completely normal, and have committed no crimes. Why are you trapped in this cell?

Suddenly, the doors to your cell opens, and you see a chance. You hear sirens blaring. This could be your chance to freedom!

You meet others like you, all with the same orange clothes on, all with the same craving for freedom you have. Now all you have to do is escape.

—-///—-///—-///—-

Mechanics
This is a prison-break event based on the SCP Foundation wiki. You are a member of a massive group anomaly known as SCP-5621, and it’s up to the remaining members of this group to work together and escape the site you’re contained in.

Along the way, you’ll find other anomalous items and individuals who promise to help you escape, but it’s up to you whether or not you trust them.

—-///—-////—-///—-

Requirements
Characters are only allowed if they don’t have superpowers or augmentations or magic abilities. You can be above average at like, say, intelligence, but nothing superhuman. Characters with artificial limbs due to amputations are allowed, as long as that limb doesn’t give that character any superhuman abilities.

Last edited:
Strange Times at the Getaway Resort
A Melding Adventure

---

The Melding has changed lives in ways unfathomable. Some separated from their families, some displaced from their homes, others stranded without hope...no doubt, morale in this world has been horrendously low. Surely there must be something to improve this. But what?

You find the answer...or rather, the answer finds you. A lovely card in a golden envelope invites you to the Getaway Resort, a scenic paradise The Melding had created by complete chance. A casino, an amusement park, and all united with a five-star luxury resort. And you've been selected for a private soft opening before the Getaway goes public!

But all is not what it seems. Despite the beauty and fun of the day, the night always comes. And with it...a nightmare you must work together to wake from.

---

Based off Luigi's Mansion 3 as well as...a few other franchises. Character requirements are the same as all Melding ones: characters need to be from a franchise that's appeared in the Super Smash Bros. series in some capacity. Don't worry about fighting abilities: through unknown (to you) means, all powers will be nullified.​

Back