Spectral Main Event - Moving - Open

Blitz

Benefactor
The territory of Fire mountain is thick in smoke not from fire but from the constant burning mountain top. The smoke covers the den area thickly but also masks the scent of the wolves that live here. The forests around the den are thick and not many creatures would dare live this close to a living volcano. The grounds are fertile and as such the prey are very healthy in this area, but over hunting can be a problem here and its one of the few den area's that feel stripped of prey by the end of the two years the wolves live there. The time has come for the move and yet the ground now also quakes as if demanding the animals to leave.

The ground shakes and trembles under paw something tells the leader to move his pack though the time frame hasn't been a complete two years it is close enough. The howl of the alpha echoed across the territory sending a wave of warning to all wolves under his command that the move would soon start and any stragglers would be left behind. Those who did get left behind would have to make their own way to the new den locations. The current den area was in the mountains of Fire mountain. The prey had started to reduce in the area after two years of living with a pack this size. Besides it seemed the bears were starting to migrate into this territory and the threat of bear attacks worried the leader deeply. The warning howl came again and he looked to those who were close to him before turning and trotting off in a north western direction leaving the ever green trees and the smoke filled air that had been a haven for them.

The route he followed was one drilled into him from traveling across the entire territory needing to go through the petrified forest and into the the marshes before Lunar lakes he knew deep down that some wolves may not like the soggy trek but the lunar lakes were the next den location for his pack regardless of if everyone was happy about this or not. The last time the entire pack had been in lunar lake territory it had been nearly six years, a lot could change in that time. Just as the pack had changed during that time some of the pack members only knew the warm embrace of fire mountain and the safety of the dens here.

The lunar lakes may make for a poor alternate for these wolves. Tacking may become more difficult as the soggy ground soaks up the scent of prey. But the negatives for the wolves are also the negatives for animals looking to harm the pack. Still having some older wolves within the pack made him realize how lucky he was as a leader he wouldn't be alone trying to learn the ways of a land he had only been through before.

As the wind shifted and the scents from up ahead vanished only to be replaced with scents from behind the leader stopped and raised his tail and ears. Giving a soft call a yip for most those who listen closely but it's meant only for the Lambda's and Delta's to come to him.

Last edited:
The wolf raised his head, listening to the howl, before he rested his head down back between his paws, his eyes groggy and tired, and with that, he began to fall back into a sleep, his piercing green eye's getting dimmer and dimmer, until the wolf was fast asleep.

She looked up from stalking some prey. It runs as the ground begins to shake beneath her paws, she struggles for a moment but then manages to keep her footing. Her ears twitch as she catches the sound of the Alpha's call. We're leaving the den location already? She thought to herself. She shook her fur and then ran speedily toward his call. She panted as she asked," Are we really leaving?" She shook her read fur to calm it from being wind blown from her run.

She sighed not too excited about walking through the marshes but she would follow wherever they went. She was the Delta warrior after all. She held her head high and began the treck, her red fur soon looking almost black. As she got closer to the Alpha she heard a soft call, she had trained herself to always keep her ears open if she could not smell. Yes, she had definitely heard it and she made her pace quicker to catch up to the Alpha.

Onyx's ears perked from the call of his leader and the rumble of the earth beneath him. Sensing something of importance, he gathered himself to his feet and trotted towards the sound which had called. He stop a few meters, watching his higher-up scan his surroundings near the fellow wolves. The male alpha turned and headed towards the northern direction and he followed suit keeping his distance near the flank of the pack behind the most important individuals. He glanced back towards the smokey denning area in which they called home. He doesn't really know why. Maybe it was the sense of leaving something special behind. Maybe so as a last farewell.

His attention was drawn back to the present to the sudden yip from his leader. He stopped and stared forward as the rest of the pack halted. Unease wormed its way into the pit of his stomach; he was uncertain if this was a positive or a negative signal.

She soon arrived, panting and stood behind her Alpha, waiting for his next instructions. Her ears twitched as she listened and her nose was filled with the scent of the marsh. No prey could be detected to her.

Last edited:
Behind the pack, his ears were perked and his teeth were bared, should anything try to attack them or him. Though.. He felt uneasy, ignoring the feeling, he trotted behind his pack.

Flame did a circle around camp, gathering everyone around Zeke, the Alpha Male, and making sure nobody was still sleeping. She had felt the rumble of the Earth and went to stand by Zeke.

Looking to each wolf Zeke spoke loudly his eyes appearing small behind the black markings of his fur. "We are leaving the Fire mountains For those of you who have never made this journey do not worry just stay close to those who have." the wind whipped up one of Zeke's ears as he spoke. "Our journey will take us nearly a week to arrive. we will be crossing the petrified forest it is currently in the paws of the sabers and will remain in the saber's paws for another 4 years. we must be on guard; our hunts while traveling will be raided by the saber pride and though we have a minor peace with them no longer raiding our dens nor attacking us for any reason. Crossing into their territory may give them reason to resume there attacks on our pack." His eyes drifted the alpha female and then to the other pack members one by one. "Try not to anger them if they stop us we will explain why we are passing through. If they listen to reason they will not break the treaty that was set up many winter's before." His face turned towards the direction that the wind was coming from. "Our scouts and warriors will all need to be ready and for our journey each of us are considered warriors as we all may need to fight."
Zeke had only ever met one Saber and it wasn't a good meeting. He wondered how everyone in his pack would handle the meeting he knew some had dealt with random sabers in the past that weren't apart of the saber pride. Would anger flare out or could his pack hold strong and show no fear and no aggression at the same time. Zeke wasn't sure.
"For anyone who doesn't know the way and gets separated from the pack go north east until you hit the grass lands. Follow along the grass lines until you see the giant white frozen water fall. Travel towards the west; eventually you will reach Lunar lakes, our next den site. that way takes many months of travel maybe 3 months but you will be safer in the frozen lands that in saber territory alone."
Zeke shook out his fur and lifted his tail as high as he could. "Lambdas please Have all our scouts head out ahead the wind is not in our favor have them report back any dangers to the first wolf they see, and Pass it on. Delta's Please make sure our warriors are ready for a fight and to defend. those wolves ranked Epsilon and Theta when you are sent out to hunt take at least two warriors with you along with 3 scouts."
Shifting his weight to his hunches Zeke was ready to start the journey. The wind fluffing his fur towards the direction they wanted to go. " Everyone head in a North Western path we will hunt at sunrise. I'd like the beta's to bring up the rear."

She nodded to her Alpha's words, her paws subconsciously dug into the earth at the mention of Sabers but she held her head high. She turned her gaze to all the warriors and rounded them up. Once she did she stood tall gazing at each of them as she paced back and forth.
"We all must be ready for tomorrow. If you come across a Saber, do not and I repeat DO NOT engage in a fight. Do as the Alpha says, explain yourself but do not engage in a fight unless they lash out first. If I hear word that you attacked first, I will personally speak to the Alpha about moving you to the lowest rank in our pack. Do not test my patience. I know several of us have had a bad experience with rouge Sabers but I do not want to hear that excuse. Do I make myself clear? Speak now if I don't." Her tail swayed in confidence, challenging anyone to second guess her.

He shifted his weight between his paws. The male Alpha's words left a lump of anxiety in his throat at the mention of Sabers. Though this made him speechless, he showed no sign of bothersome. He drew a deep inhale to obtain the last tinge of smokey air in his memory. His gaze wandered over the other wolves who was listening intently. He couldn't help but wonder if they felt the same sensation of dread swell inside them as well. He focused his attention back on his leader as he was finishing his words. He nodded along with some others as his members traveled to their respect positions. Onyx found his paws again and made his way over to his Lambdas. As he was retaining information, he couldn't help but jump at the confidently harsh tone of the pack's female Delta. Eyes shifting to the placement of the warriors, he was unable to contain his envious gaze at the fitted wolves.

Last edited:
Urderviel subconsciously growled, Sabers. He had met one once, it tried to attack him and he wounded it. "It probably told its leader, "He mused, He looked at the Alpha Female, glaring slightly, mostly in annoyance than anything else, but didn't say anything and stayed quiet.

She nodded when she got no response. "Alright then. I suggest you all do some training exercises. We got a busy day after the scouts get back and tomorrow." She then had a thought and nodded to herself. "Alright I better see you all get busy." She then turned and trotted to the Alpha, she stopped and bowed her head in respect towards him. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I do have a question. I know you want warriors to go with hunters, but do you also want some warriors to go with the scouts that are leaving? I am also more than willing to volunteer myself to go with them." She then looked up at him, waiting for an answer.

Turning his head to the question he thought about as his fur fluttered. "Our scouts may need the warriors as back up. That I will admit." Zeke flicked one ear back for a second listening behind him. "Let me ask you, can your warriors stay caught up with the scouts? I'm not sure the current training the scouts are getting but I remember them being fairly sneaky. Now I could be exaggerating a bit but couldn't a scout nip a bear in the butt and sneak away before ever being noticed?" He was fully aware that the warriors were well trained but he had always thought it was funny the difference each group actually was within the pack. not that he minded but he did wonder at times why wolves couldn't do multiple roles in the pack why were warriors only warriors. "If your wolves can keep up with them go ahead if they can't just have them stay behind them a bit and set up a salmon trap with our wolves. if the sabers try to attack our scouts then they can race back and get through the salmon trap that will be ready to fight any animal that isn't a member of the pack."

She nodded in sad agreement. :I will admit most of my warriors could probably not be stealthy or fast enough to stay caught up but I will give you my best warriors though to go and I will go myself. I will instruct the rest to make traps."

"Sounds good Roan, also ask for one of the scouts to remain with the wolves at the salmon runs to relay messages back here." giving a slight nod to Roan, Zeke then turned his head to Flame he spoke swiftly, "Maybe we should have the omega's assist with the protection of Sigma, Upilon, Tau, Psi, and Chi wolves. Some of the omega's look very dependable in a fight with an enemy and It may help to raise some of their ranks within our pack." He glanced back at the omega's within the pack and then looked forward once more. "We could also have some of the Zeta wolves who aren't to old assist with the protection at the same time." in a more hushed tone. "It would give them something to feel proud over while the other ranks are busy running." He didn't like the idea of any of his pack feeling useless or like they didn't contribute to the entire pack so he was always trying to think of something that could help the lowest rank increase it's standing and the elders to still feel needed. though he did have to admit to himself not all of the wolves wanted to continue assisting the pack and were very much comfortable in the ranks they were in currently.

Last edited:
Flame cocked her head, thinking and turning over what Zeke had said. After a moment, she said, "Yes, I agree. The more paws we can have helping, the better. Is there anything else you can think of that we should take care of or should we tell the pack and get going?"

Roan (sorry I dont think I said her name before) nodded her head and walked off to the lead scout. "The Alpha has asked that one of the scouts stay at the salmon run to relay messages back here. I'm going to send some of my best warriors with you, including myself." She then walked off, instructing some of the warriors on the new duties they had.

Auga nods and goes to assign one of the quicker scouts to the job. She knows this is a time of great change in the pack, and thus is adamant now more than ever on upholding the pack hierarchy. Though she realizes that the warriors do pose a risk of jeopardizing the stealth and speed of the scouts' duties, she knows it is best to follow orders. The Delta was just speaking to the Alpha, and surely they wouldn't go against his advice. She had high respect for the leader of the warriors, even if some of their subordinates were rather unruly,

Back