Spectral Main Event - Moving - Open

After Thanking Ebony for his hard work and giving him a slight nod of acknowledgement Zeke turned and started back to the front of the pack. Looking at Flame as he rejoined the ranks he shook his head and let out a small laugh. Zeke shook his head, "Just wanted to verify a scent is all. I couldn't tell if it was a cougar or a cheetah or a panther." He looked ahead and gave an amused huff. "At least the scent seems like it isn't in our path I'm sure they will be confused when they back track and come across our scent all over this area." Zeke hadn't been leader but was a sigma to the alpha male at the time they had moved to the Fire mountain territory. He remembered the fights to take back the dens from animals that were fierce. It had been nearly two years since he had to scent a cougar and he found himself surprised by this. part of him had thought they had moved to another territory entirely rather than just moving to the outskirts of the fire mountain territory boundary. listening to the wind he wondered if after they had walked for a good while if maybe they should stop to hunt or continue to journey most could probably go several days without food but did he want to take a risk if a fight came up with everyone hungry. moving himself closer to Flame he spoke with his head watching ahead. "we should probably hunt or try to once a day while we are traveling. I don't want any of our wolves hungry when we arrive." he turned his gaze to flame. "Do you agree?" He respected Flame for the rank she held but hadn't really gotten to know her well yet and found himself wondering if she even enjoyed the rank. He had been asked when he was young and became an alpha sigma at 6 months old. But after he became the alpha he felt at times he wasn't the right wolf for the rank but wouldn't say this to any wolf.

Nearest to the petrified forest a wolf stood surrounded by some large cats from a distance it would seem that the wolf was outnumbered and possibly in danger of becoming a meal for these animals. though they were Upwind of the oncoming pack and none of the scents from the cats or the wolf indicated that their was any fear. The cats long teeth told a story though they were Sabers and they were much larger than the wolf in the middle of them. for those that were still watching the wolf sat down calmly in the middle of the sabers and gave a head tilt as if they were all speaking. one of the sabers nodded and stood moving out of the way and gave a roar that wasn't overly loud but not so quiet that those within eye sight couldn't hear. from some bushes came another saber followed closely by a younger cat the younger cat was limping badly and was pushed towards the wolf in the center. the Yowling of the young kit sounded a lot like it was being killed as the wolf's head disappeared behind the body of the young cat.
((This is something a scout may spot that I leave up to you all. It is happening but doesn't matter if it's noticed or not))

Roan lifted her head and noticed something in the distance. It was a wolf surrounded by Sabers. She could not leave and go check it out because then, there would be no one to lead. She snarled thinking of what to do next. She then nodded to herself and motioned for the wolves that were with her to stop. "I want one of you to go back and tell the alpha that there may be a wolf that is potentially in danger with sabers. Be quick! She watched a couple wolves leave. "Alright, let's continue."

Koda was moving along with energy, but was keeping mostly quiet. He had positioned himself near the middle of the group so if any need for him arrived he would be able to move quickly from either one end of the pack to the other. In the mean time he was lending his assistance to some of the pup minders to keep them moving along. Koda was currently in the midst of practicing his glaring techniques at two pups who had decided to stop and play rather then follow the pack. He was quite proud of himself when they both stopped, shifted uncomfortably and continued along with the group. His reputation for long lectures was definitely becoming known among the younger set. This was good. Koda knew there was a larger danger of losing wolves while they were out here in the open like this, and he was going to try and make sure they didn't lose any more then they had to.

Urderviel realised that the pack seemed to not notice he was trailing behind. "Maybe I am useless.." He muttered to himself. Urderviel saw a saber out of the corner of his eye. 'Maybe I can prove that I'm not useless..' He thought to himself, running alone into the forest.

Ebony tossed along beside Zeke as he remarked about the scent. "You're still a bit young to be letting your senses go." Ebony jester with a wry laugh, "But I know you were only getting a second opinion. I'm sure the cougars would be delighted when they found out we've moved, and as long as we get to our next sen I dont feel like they'll be a bother any longer." He remarked, contemplating reaching out to the Cougars but their departure was underway and he was content watching over the pack.

As the pack moved on and Zeke pulled ahead Ebony made sure that the back of the pack was following along and keeping pace through the marshes. Occasionally he would sniff the air, but aside fr the lingering scent of cougar the wind wasnt bringing him anything new besides some nearby prey.

Zeke shook out his fur and lowered his head while he trotted along taking in scents from the ground, "Ebony is right I should keep my senses sharp well at least not forget the animals from a territory." he gave a slight laugh. his eyes focused on a more thoughtful thing. he glanced over to Flame and spoke quickly. "I think we should slow down the pace a bit I noticed in the back some of the wolves seemed to have a hard time keeping up. Mainly elders but some of the young seem to be struggling and Ebony and the others assisting with those wolves may feel better at less of a trot for a while." he looked ahead of him, "Besides the scouts haven't reported anything strange yet so slowing down shouldn't be an issue." he spotted a scout heading in his direction his ears perked up and he shook his head. "Maybe I spoke to soon."

After listening to the scout and it taking off in the direction of the scouts at the lead Zeke perked his ears then pulled them back thinking about this. he looked at Flame and spoke after a moment. "We should probably check it out and be sure that wolf isn't one of ours but we also shouldn't go with the entire pack." his ears flattened as the thought about it. "I think we should split up the pack some of us will go further around so our scent doesn't draw the sabers; that group should be pups, elders, pregnant mothers and a few hunters and warriors that were left behind, Our other group should be only a few wolves. since our scouts are busy we should put Ebony in the group he's also a very strong fighter and I know he knows the way to the next territory." Zeke tried to think of another wolf who would do good in the second group. "Another wolf maybe an omega he has potential but has seemed a bit distant this could be his trial to get a rank in the pack if he wants one. I think we have a few ranks open that may suit a wolf like Urderviel." Slowing his pace a bit he perked up his ears and lifted his tail high. "We should also send one of our healers either Koda or Krystaline in the event that the wolf is injured."

Zeke then thought back to when he first was learning from the alpha before him and he snorted loudly. "Or we leave the wolf behind even if it's one of our pack so the rest of the pack can safely make it to the new territory and we all go half a day to the north and around so they do not catch our scent." The old alpha would do this leave the wolf to fend for it self. As far as Zeke knew all of his wolves were accounted for. He turned to look at the pack traveling along his ears alerted now for each wolf's breath or grunt. being unable to distinguish the wolves on that alone he looked at Flame. "If we go with my first idea we could loose three good wolves for a possible stranger. I." He was torn now. What if he was turning his back on a pack member who was in dire need of the pack for back up. "I wouldn't want to loose anyone else honestly I think we should adjust our packs course to the North."

He waited for Flame to respond he was worried and couldn't help but remember the pain of a decision that could kill more wolves than they would save. If nothing else he wouldn't risk the entire pack's safety and future on one wolf at this point. But the wolves he wanted to send to began with would have a say if they wanted to go or not the first plan wasn't meant to start a fight but to see if the wolf was a pack member in need, but he didn't think about it, What if it was a pack member in need? would the wolves he chose try and fight the Sabers? the scout had reported several sabers surrounded one wolf. Most Saber's were a fair bit bigger than any of the wolves in the pack. It is possible that some of the wolves here wanted to have beef with the sabers.

Last edited:
Onyx's nose wiggled as he scented the air. His gaze glided to the lone wolf. "That wolf doesn't smell familiar, so there's no need to halt our ongoings." He felt guilty for discouraging the help for a wolf in need. What if he was in that situation? He'd want whatever pack came through to assist him. But on the other hand, in doing so, they could potentially lose many needed wolves in the process. A few Sabers were much bigger than any pack member and fighting only one could be high risk. "Well..." He was torn and indecisive at this point. Sometimes he hated how much empathy he had. He couldn't help but put himself in the unknown wolf's paws. Would it be worth killing a few members of his pack? He shook his head and looked to his Delta. He just wasn't sure.

He was lost. He couldn't remember where he left from the forest and could not catch the scent of his pack. The wolf had given up hope. Urderviel lied down on the ground, practically begging for saber's to come eat him.

Roan looked over, noticing Onyx speaking to himself and the worried look on his face. She then spoke. "Do not worry. It's not our decision to make. If the alpha wants us to go and help then we will. Otherwise we won't worry about it. Hopefully the scout will come back soon with the alpha's orders because we will be passing by them soon." Slobber fell from her muzzle as they continued to run. She had to admit, she was getting tired. But of course she was not going to show that to the other wolves. She just had to get her body to keep moving.

His eyes traveled to Roan as she spoke in reassurance. He gave her a brief nod and focused on the task at hand. He was certainly glad he didn't have to make such a decision himself. His mind began to drift to where his Lambda was, since she left a few minutes ago. He wished she had allowed a scout or warrior to follow suit in case of danger. But her orders were made and he was to trust and follow them with unconditional loyalty.

Blitz shook his head and then gave a howl to turn direction towards the north further. giving a snort and shaking out his fur he back tracked and gave a yip to Ebony "Will you find Koda and Urderviel and bring up Krystaline also. Meet with me at the head of the pack I wish to ask you all something." Shaking his head he trotted back to the front of the pack without missing a foot step he wasn't being playful or soft now he was just going to find what these 4 wolves had to say about the wolf that was surrounded by the sabers.

Roan's ears pricked, catching the Alpha's call. Her fur rose as she howled in response her ears pinning back to her head. "Turn North!" She barked, hoping they all could hear her. She then turned, expecting everyone to follow suit. Her muzzle dripped with drool, it was obvious the run was taking a toll but she wouldn't show that. Her body was conditioned to handle pain.

Krystaline was following along with some of the younger pups when she was approached and told the alpha wanted to see her, she nuzzled one of the young ones then glanced to one of the other assistants who nodded to indicate they understood. Krystaline trotted up to her alpha and gave him a respectful nod, "Yes Alpha? Are you in need of aid?" she asked in her soft, calming way she had of speaking.

Storm was hiding under a bush when she heard the noise. Could those be my parents? It had been a day since she had last seen them fighting a bear. What if they aren't coming back? She felt pangs of hunger in her stomach and yowled, she heard the sound echo through the trees. Then silence.

The wolf with the sabers finished what he was doing. The sabers took the kit from the wolf and most of the pride left without so much as a fight. the clan of sabers in the petrified forest were known as Bright Stars Clan. a group of Sabers that honored the treaty between the wolves and sabers from eons before. They relied on the wolves who left to become loners to assist them with certain things in the territory. the main saber seemed to be the only one now left with the wolf. they appeared to be sitting and talking now amongst themselves. The wolf's face though purple in the shadows did seem to have a bloody muzzle now. Licking the blood from his muzzle the wolf's ears perked as a howl echoed though the petrified forest and he turned looking at the other saber in confusion. the main saber stood and turned to towards the howl and let out a roar of welcome. The sound may have been a terrifying ordeal for those who never learned the saber's language but those who did know knew all to well what the roar meant. "You do not have to detour you are safe we honor the treaty."

Koda padded along to the front of the group when he was summoned by the Alpha. He nodded towards the Alpha as he approached and then settled in beside Krystaline.

"How can I be of assistance?"he asked.

OOC: I'm so sorry, guys, I know this is late. Blitz, pretend that Flame agreed with your decision earlier and here is her reply from the cougar thingymabob

Flame shuddered. A cougar. Really? "I thought I smelled something... Yes. I agree."
Flame watched the sabers, ready for anything. She dipped her head respectfully to the main saber in acknowledgement that they were free to pass. She didn't know a lot of saber, but she knew basic stuff, and the saber was not being violent.

Looking at those who he had called. Zeke spoke softly. "A report came in of a wolf who may or may not be part of our pack possibly in danger." he heard the roar of the saber and swiveled his ears to listen to it better his lectures of the saber language was nearly a year ago so he only caught a bit of what the saber said. "You something safe?" he voiced out loud seeming confused by the thought. "Treaty..." Zeke looked at those he had summoned and shook his head. "We are changing course to the north to avoid the sabers in this area. but the wolf was surrounded. according to the scouts. I'd like to help the wolf as we don't see many wolves that live beyond our pack." he looked at the healers and pulled back his ears. "We may need your services if the sabers choose to fight but I don't think the call that was roared means any danger," thinking to himself 'but it could be a trap.' he continued "My question is if any of us are injured on this journey do you have enough supplies to heal a wolf enough to continue the journey?"
This in hindsight probably should have checked on before giving the order to move the entire pack. Zeke hadn't thought of that he was more focused on when to leave and how long it would take to travel.

Last edited:
Urderviel crept through the thick brush, he had to try an help the wolf somehow but.. No. He will help the wolf. He smelt something odd, but ignored it. He heard a howl, a trap? A call for help? He didn't know, but he decided to slowly creep towards the sound. As he got closer to the sound, he saw.. An injured wolf? He wanted to help it but he didn't know how. He decided, that he will at least try and save the wolf. He leapt at the nearest animal around the wolf, sinking his teeth into it's neck and hung on for dear life.

Back