Adenovirus 423 Main Road

Crim

The blobfish
Description: This is the main road from the Bridge into Old Washington. It's safer to be out in the open in the day, than in the night. In the night it is open and dangerous and better to find cover. Not to say that in the day is much safer when you run into the wrong people.

Jay looked through the thick fog that creeped along the great road. Keeping off the main two roads and along a path on the left side. Confidence in his step he looked down at Betty as she scratched as a dry patch of dirt. Stopping to let her catch a fat beetle and excitedly gulp it down he lightly scratched at her back.

"You seem to be down shedding your feathers gonna started giving me some eggs? That would be nice.." he spoke softly as he knelt down to her. Pausing as he watched a group come from no man's land with some resources. Deciding to head onwards to no man's land Jay and Betty walked side by side best buddies in crime.

As they neared no man's land however a pack of dogs caught sight of Betty and eagerly trotted towards them barking eith excitement at their find. Jay swiftly picked up Betty with his free arm and slammed his machete into a used to be sign post. The metal rung loudly through the ears of all passerby.

"Back off mutts! I don't wanna hurt ya but you aren't gettin' Betty!" He warned before smacking the dented metal pole with his machete once more. Deciding he would have to come back another time without Betty to make up for this. However he was able to take a deep breath as the pack ran off.

Holding Betty tightly to his chest he kept walking as the flustered hen eventually calmed. Allowing her back down as they entered no man's land he adjusted his over sized backpack and started to scavenge through the abandoned alleyways and streets. Keeping clear of anyone and anything that could mean harm best he could.

There was an ear piercing scream a few alleyways down. A child's scream.

Morgan screamed, backing up until she was wedged into a corner. Four angry dogs closed in on her. They had big teeth and they looked really hungry. She was going to be eaten by dogs. Ember had taunted her that that was entirely a possibility for being too annoying. Her twin thought she was stupid and obviously she must be because here she was, alone, cornered by dogs who looked like they could eat her in one go.

She screamed again.

For a seven year old, she could scream quite loud.

"I don't want to be eaten. Please don't eat me." She wailed.

Why hadn't she listened to her sister? Ember had told her to stay close and one minute she had been there, ther next she'd disappeared. They'd been heading to the Bridge where they had a little hideout. Ember had left her unprotected in No Man's Land.

"Please don't eat me!" She repeated, crying as the dogs growled and took a step closer.

Jumped at the ear splitting scream,grabbing Betty swiftly he turned to run away. Until he heard the barking. Having fpund multiple cans of food he put Betty up on a ladder on the side of the building allowing her to stay out of the way.

Using his machete to quickly pry open the beans he dummed them out into an old plastic bag. Juices dripping from the bottom he ran to the source spotting the girl he groaned as he would be considered weak for such a thing wouldnt he? Saving a girl.

Yet without another thought he slammed his machete into the metal pipe. Getting the attention of the angry dogs. Whom inturn quickly spotted the oozing bag of food in his hands. Swinging it back and forth he tossed it across the street as far as he could and bolted out of the way as all four tumbled over to eat. Breathing heavily through his air purifier he checked on the girl. Looking her over to see if she was seriously bleeding anywhere. Seemed fine enough.

"Better get outta here quick they are fast eaters.." he spoke just loud enough to be heard before he wiped his dirty hand on his tank top and started jogging back to where he had left Betty. They would need to leave soon can't risk any of Betty's tail feathers heavens forbid.

Last edited:
Morgan watched as someone appeared last minute and the dogs disappeared when the person lured them with food, thank god. She wasn't going to be eaten. The boy spoke, and Morgan realised that she should go with him. She had no idea how to find Ember and the last thing she wanted to do was get lost and be on her own once more.

If those dogs came back...

"Hey, mister... wait for me..." Morgan quickly started running after the boy, not wanting to be there when the dogs came back.

She managed to catch up to him just as he stopped and she caught sight of a bird.

"You have a pet bird?"

Jogged over to the skeleton of a car that had been dumped beneath the broken ladder that he had put Betty on. Climbing onto the car he offered his forearm for Betty to perch on.

Once she eagerly grasped to him he quickly pressed her to his chest. Grasping her leash and hopping down. Staring at Morgan in silence, narrowing his eyes.

"Not a pet really... More of a friend.. She is named Betty. You touch her you better run" he warned cautiously before sighing, attempting to sneak past the girl and continue on his search for supplies especially after using so much food on those dogs.

Ishade was going to let a couple of hours pass before he went out to run again, but… he had left earlier on the end.

He jogged into the main road from the west territories, a sharp knife in hand in case he needed it. You never knew in no man’s land after all.
The young man stopped by several cars, checking for batteries and wire harnesses, two of them were useless to him, so he turned to continue running.
He didn’t run for long before he noticed two people besides another car, well… or what was left of it, more than a whole car it was a carcass. Should he stop to check who they where?, what if he was attacked?.

He decided to try and ignore them, maybe it could work if he just didn’t say anything. Ishade really didn’t want trouble and was in a hurry, since he had to run back before it was too late or dark it’d be much more dangerous to walk around then.

Lola had set up ontop of an emptied bus, laying flat on her stomach with her backpack besides her. Her M21 in front of her as she scouted along the main road. Perhaps some snakes would come out? So it seems.

She caught sight of shade in her scope and smirked beneath her gas mask. West by the looks of em? Perfect. Taking note of little Jay and his new follower she aimed at Shade's feet and fired.

The shot rang out loud enough to take anyone off guard however the bullet itself landed half a foot from where Shade was. Hoping to get a good show out of this and perhaps make some connections if she could take this guy captive. Could be very useful.

Ishade jumped backwards with a yelp, nearly falling on his ass. However, the man reacted quickly and hid inside one of the several cars. Calming down and making himself breathe steadily... what the hell?.
He had JUST walked into No mans, literally just gotten there and he had already been shot. Or well, it had been... no, it had either been a warning shot or the sniper, because it had to be a sniper, was extremelly bad...

Anyways, he had to get back into west territory and into the base, he didn't know who it had been after all. Or how many people were there.

Couldn't help but smile beneath her gas mask, her bright hues glowing mischievously. Letting out another shot into the top of the car which shade had chosen to hide in. Putting her M21 against her nearly bare chest she slid down the front of the bus.

Putting her bag on her back she jogged to the car he had hidden inside. Slowing as she neared she got low and went around the other side so she was facing the way she had come from. Smirking before peering inside, pressing the tip of her gun against his side.

"Hey darlin'! Hope you don't mind but last I checked a shot this close can kill a man. And laat I checked you sir are taking me to your leader. I wanna chat with him.. That is unless I must deliver your head instead. Which really wouldn't be preferred" she spoke in a cool and confident voice. Kneeling outside the car and still looking down at the hiding man.

Ishade looked up when he heard the second shot, but what he also heard was the girls step. He took deep breaths, tense, getting ready for it... come on ishade, you have been traind for thisthus situation.

She was far too confident, she sounded too confident. When she finished talking, ishade turned around incredibly quickly, as he had been taught to do. He wasn't having it. The first thing he did was to grab the end of the gun and direct it away from his body in a swift movement, in case he was shot. Pulling towards himelf and then pushing with violence, hitting the nearly naked girl violently, with desesperation.

Reflexively pulled back but was completely caught off guard as the butt of her weapon was used against her and slammed into her right boob.

"Son of a bitch!" She coughed before swiftly tugging her gun from his grasp and slamming it into his crotch. Glaring at him dangerously.

"I highly suggest you be a good boy or I swear to god you precious parts are GONE." She hissed from beneath her mask looming over him by now as she kept her finger on the trigger. "I must say you have balls for even doing that. Shame you won't have them anymore if you keep it up."

But in the time she had taken to pick up the gun once again, ishade had gotten a knife in his hand, and from the pain of having the barrel hit his crotch, he jerked forwards in impulse. Cursing loudly and digging the blade into her arm, the arm holding the gun, and pushing her backwards. They fell to the ground, ishade on top of the unknown woman with a firm grasp on the knife, still dug into her arm. The gun had fallen out of reach... She was trapped under him.

Her eyes widened in horror as a blade was so sudden slammed into her arm. Tears welled in her eyes at the pain. Knowing that sturggling would worsen this, where was her gun? Oh.. Not close enough to reach. Crying out in agony as she was pinned her wounded arm over her chest.

"FUCKING HELL, HOLY SHIT PICKLES!" She sobbed as the thick crimson liquid streamed down her arm and hand. "Fuck fuck fuck, okay I am sorry! You win! Please just don't kill me!" She breathed heavily as pure desperation kicked in. Contemplating slamming her knee into his crotch but worried the blade would dig further into her good arm if she did.

Ishade looked down at her, his heart was beating as quickly as it could go. He sat up on her tomach and grabbed a rock from the ground. The next thing he did was to hit her hard in the head using said rock, maing her unconscious.

Ishade swallowed, trembling from adrenaline as he stood up, putting the blood stained blade back in it's place.

"Fuck me... oh my god... " he whispered, looking down at her body. He leaned down to pick her and her gun up, but then he noticed she was wearing a backpack.
Ishade kneeled and grabbed the backpack, searching inside it.
He found another bikini top... some Ammo, for her gun he assumed. And more random shit. Well... he put on the backpack and then picked up her gun, struggling but managing to grab the girl afterwards, bridal style.

Then, he started walking quickly towards the base... fuck. He was going to start using his brothers rifle from then on.

Gasping for air as she was sat on her eyes widened as he picked up a rock, "Oh you fucking bitch..." with that her lights were knocked the fuck out and a lovely stream of blood came from her scalp down her forehead.

At 6'4" and 180 pounds she was not a light bird. Moaning softly as she was picked up her limp form was by now covered in blood from her wounded arm. Meanwhile she dreamed of winning this battle. Oh well, at least this will be interesting.

Morgan grinned at the bird, already fascinated by seeing one up close. She'd never seen one this close before. Only in the sky. And this one didn't look like one of the sky birds she'd seen. She liked it already.

"It's nice. Betty is a nice name. My name is Morgan."

Morgan started following the boy when he started moving. It seemed the most logical thing to do. There was something going on a few buildings away. As quickly as it started it seemed to stop, but Morgan had already been scared half to death and didn't want to be left alone.

"I lost my sister. She's called Ember. Looks exactly like me. Have you seen her?"

Had spotted Lola drop down from the bus after firing two shots. Quickly making his way out of the way of that drama he went towards the bridge.

"Morgan and Ember the twins? Haven't seen her.. How do I know you aren't gonna lead me into a trap?" He untrustingly looked back at the girl letting Betty walk on her own her plump body waddling side to side as she walked, a spoiled chicken that was for sure. He trusted Betty though and so he treated her like a queen. He was not at all sure about this human girl on the other hand.

Morgan nodded. "Yep. We're twins. She's older so she's the boss."

When a trap was mentioned Morgan frowned but kept following him. "I can't set traps. I'm not good at that. Ember likes to set traps though. She's better than me. But we got lost when the dogs scared me and then I got here and now I don't know where to go."

It was then she skipped next to the stranger that had saved her to keep up. "Where are ya heading? And ya never told me ya name. I'm Morgan."

Raised an eyebrow at the overly bubbly girl as she skipped beside him. "You just told me your name.." he sighed and brushed it off as he spotted the bridge in the distance. "She might be over there.. But that is even less safe than over here..." he mentioned wondering if he should head back. It didn't matter to him whether or not she found her sister let alone even lived. And helping her just means risking his and Betty's life. Pointing towards the bridge with his machete he wiggled it a bit.

"Go on go find her, you have no reason to stay with me. Don't you realize I am from the Southern gang?" He stared at her blankly his expression seemed to constantly be angry with his face paint on.

Back