make them pay (short super power story)

ever since I was a kid I always wanted to go on a date with a super hero. Many others including my parents would tease or make fun of me for my dream leaving me alone with just my comics and only a few friends. One day after I turned 18 I found out she-hulk was signing comics so I quickly made my way there with a few of mine. I started trembling softly as I moved closer and closer to the signing booth. I finally made it to the front with sweat on my brow and shaky hands.

Me: "h-hello mrs she-hulk."

she had a look of slight tiredness in her eyes but she still smiles up at me

She-hulk: "why, hello young man. Do you have any comics you would like me to sign?"

I slowly nod placing the comics in her hand

"A-also I was wondering....umm... If you could.... Go on one date with me..."

I hadn't noticed that she was zoned out as she signed the comics

She-hulk: "mhm.... Sure"

Me: "g-great! I-ill pay for everything... M-meet me at the carnival t-tonight at 8"

she nods as she zones back in and hands me my comics smiling

She-hulk: "Have a nice day."

I smile brightly and run off unaware of the people snickering and chuckling in line. That night was in a nice over shirt and blue jeans with a couple roses in my hand. I waited till 10 when a group of boys walk towards me with a camera laughing as they record

Boy: "awww look at this fellas. The guys date didnt show up. You should've know it was too good to be true man. No hero will ever pay attention to you because you aren't worth the time of day.

tears were running down my cheeks as I drop the roses sniffling

"They will pay attention to me..."

my hand lights with flame and the boys jump away

Boy: "holy crap! He's a mutant!!"

I blast my flame at the camera melting it in the boys hand causing him to scream. I am both terrified but also filled with anger. I want people to notice me, heroes to see me and actually care more than they do the rest of the populace. One way or another that will happen, I swear it and i did. i battled the heroes many times always escaping at the last moment enjoying the attention i was getting from them. one day i was battling the avengers releasing fire and frost but also tried my best not to injure innocents when i get smashed into the ground by someone taking me by surprise. i look up to see she-hulk pounding down on me with no mercy or remorse. i was knocked unconscious and woke up in a cell meant for super powered villains.

right outside my cell was the might she-hulk with her arms crossed and a glare in her eyes. i stood up and walked right up to the glass placing my hand up against it smiling with eyes of hope.

"i knew you would notice me. after everything i did you would finally notice me"

she stares at me with those blank eyes then finally speaks

"i don't even know you boy."

my eyes go wide and i step back with small tears in my eyes. she doesn't even remember me....nobody notices me not even my parents but after i attack the avengers so many times i thought she would remember me. she walks off and i turn towards the wall with my head hung. she doesn't even remember me.....she never will....

after that day i just sat in the corner of my cell not eating or sleeping or even drinking.... she would come to my cell every day not saying a word and that was how i spent my life.... the unremembered, the unnoticed, the villain.

ever since I was a kid I always wanted to go on a date with a super hero. Many others including my parents would tease or make fun of me for my dream leaving me alone with just my comics and only a few friends. One day after I turned 18 I found out she-hulk was signing comics so I quickly made my way there with a few of mine. I started trembling softly as I moved closer and closer to the signing booth. I finally made it to the front with sweat on my brow and shaky hands.

Me: "h-hello mrs she-hulk."

she had a look of slight tiredness in her eyes but she still smiles up at me

She-hulk: "why, hello young man. Do you have any comics you would like me to sign?"

I slowly nod placing the comics in her hand

"A-also I was wondering....umm... If you could.... Go on one date with me..."

I hadn't noticed that she was zoned out as she signed the comics

She-hulk: "mhm.... Sure"

Me: "g-great! I-ill pay for everything... M-meet me at the carnival t-tonight at 8"

she nods as she zones back in and hands me my comics smiling

She-hulk: "Have a nice day."

I smile brightly and run off unaware of the people snickering and chuckling in line. That night was in a nice over shirt and blue jeans with a couple roses in my hand. I waited till 10 when a group of boys walk towards me with a camera laughing as they record

Boy: "awww look at this fellas. The guys date didnt show up. You should've know it was too good to be true man. No hero will ever pay attention to you because you aren't worth the time of day.

tears were running down my cheeks as I drop the roses sniffling

"They will pay attention to me..."

my hand lights with flame and the boys jump away

Boy: "holy crap! He's a mutant!!"

I blast my flame at the camera melting it in the boys hand causing him to scream. I am both terrified but also filled with anger. I want people to notice me, heroes to see me and actually care more than they do the rest of the populace. One way or another that will happen, I swear it and i did. i battled the heroes many times always escaping at the last moment enjoying the attention i was getting from them. one day i was battling the avengers releasing fire and frost but also tried my best not to injure innocents when i get smashed into the ground by someone taking me by surprise. i look up to see she-hulk pounding down on me with no mercy or remorse. i was knocked unconscious and woke up in a cell meant for super powered villains.

right outside my cell was the might she-hulk with her arms crossed and a glare in her eyes. i stood up and walked right up to the glass placing my hand up against it smiling with eyes of hope.

"i knew you would notice me. after everything i did you would finally notice me"

she stares at me with those blank eyes then finally speaks

"i don't even know you boy."

my eyes go wide and i step back with small tears in my eyes. she doesn't even remember me....nobody notices me not even my parents but after i attack the avengers so many times i thought she would remember me. she walks off and i turn towards the wall with my head hung. she doesn't even remember me.....she never will....

after that day i just sat in the corner of my cell not eating or sleeping or even drinking.... she would come to my cell every day not saying a word and that was how i spent my life.... the unremembered, the unnoticed, the villain.
I thought it was gonna be generic but the dark twist really caught me off guard. I thought the ending was a nice touch.

Well it's just nice that like that if it was intentional or not. the beginning was like oh that seems like pretty basic, althugh the basic is good for getting what ya want. but it made the twist so much greater!

Back