Horicabu

lil Imp
Please read:

This thread is home to Manifold, a small group roleplay. If you're interested in signing up or need additional information on the setting, please refer to the Main page and Sign up page.

Please note that if not everybody is online/participating, it is best to limit your exchanges to two posts. Nobody likes being left out.

Last edited:
When Astral Shadows had faded from the sky, and the world was still young, the desert of Laknat seethed; the coffin of a thousand strangers. Three figures, far off, saw each other in the distance. Over dunes and crags they came, meeting under the shadow of the strange, windblown stones of the desert. Glass spines glistened from the sand, remnants of the distant past. This arid vastness, ancient, held many secrets; none of them kind upon the mind and spirit.

Among the bleached bones of a tired land, there rose a black structure from the sunbathed surface of grains and pebbles. Among the rock and grit lay a cold, imposing door of perfect geometry. It was unnatural, a scar upon a scar.

- ☀ -
Hitam looked over the cracks of decay and blinding sunshine. This desert reaches around my throat and pushes the life from my lungs! He thought. Surely there must be respite somewhere?

Seeking the shade of old and dusty stone, Hitam sat down, bracing himself against a sudden, fierce wind. flecks of dust and grainy hail pelted the ever smaller barrier between himself and Aether's wrath. He looked up from the ground, and saw two others in the distance. Rising, Hitam waved, hoping beyond hope that they might see him.

"You! You there!" He shouted into the shifting haze before him. "Are you there, or are you a mirage?"

Dust danced on the horizon as baleful gales carried the land away.

Last edited:
As Malokeh stands upright, his clawed bare feet touching the scorching sand while he avoids stepping on the glass spines which was seemingly littered everywhere, and then shrugging off the rest of the sand which covers him from head to toe with his crest scale arms. "Tch why did it have to be sand" he muttered when before him a silhouette of somebody appeared in the distance which took his attention off the annoying sand and onto a voice which was mighty loud and annoying but most probably a male, "Do I look like a mirage to you!" he shouted back at him with his expression remaining grim while remaining where he was.

"Oh, thank god!" Came a distant reply. Slowly, a figure came from the distance, partly obscured by the wind. He grew closer, a shirtless creature carrying a large gourd on his back. Sand flew as his clumsy steps gouged dust from the quickly shifting dunes. Soon, a sweaty, panting figure stood in front of Malokeh.

@Marcsun

A figure towering above them both walked towards the two Humunculae, though he noticed one was more Fae-like than usual. He stuck his stave in the sand, and stared at them both for a moment, studying them. Ogidnew then spoke. "You be natives of Laknat? I come to seek for influencers. One lives in head now," he said while knocking on the side of his head, disturbing the thing in their, causing Ogidnew to seizure slightly. "I come for thing it wants. You know where thing is?"

As Malokeh notices the figure he was conversing with approaching, when all of a sudden he caught another individual at the corner of his eye which took Malokeh almost completely by surprise but he still doesn't show in his facial expression which remains as grim as ever, but he doesn't appear to be dangerous (for now) as he doesn't mean any harm with the same being able to be said about the one with the gourd but that does not mean Malokeh will so quickly trust them. "It appears he has a few screw loose" turning to him with a glare "and no I do not know where thing is, maybe if you describe thing we could help you, find thing maybe even tell us what thing is" he said with a slightly irritated tone.

Hitam looked at the wendigo, and felt his stomach turn. Not only one of the most feared creatures of the Wild, but an Influenced as well? Out here? It seemed as though this desert couldn't be any worse. If there was an Influenced here...then there must be whatever was influencing him as well. Hitam shuddered, wondering if that was his fate too. As the wind died down, a brutal light came from the sky. It scorched the earth. Sweating, Hitam wished he was in his apartment.

Ogidnew baked under the hot sun, not at all used to the heat that Laknat carries. The two others, one angered, the other afraid, similarly disliked the heat, so Ogidnew knew what was needed to be done. "Follow me, I find shelter." And with that, Ogidnew began to walk the hands, head high and alert, looking for any shelter against this sweltering wasteland.

Malokeh stared at the wendigo as he was talking about how we should follow him, obviously not one to to follow nor was he gonna be very trusting "you believe that I would trust you so quickly, either of you, we don't even know one another's name"

Hitam sighed. "It's not like we have many options. It's a miracle we ever found each other in the first place, so we may as well introduce each other." Putting a hand on his chest, he cleared his throat and said, "My name is Hitam."

Ogidnew listened to Hitam speak, and tilted his head to understand the little Fae's words. When he came to understand what was being discussed, He replied. "Me Ogidnew. We must go, follow to shelter!" Ogidnew then went to a nearby piece of high ground, and began looking across the horizon for anything notable.

Malokeh can sense that they are both telling the truth, but merely telling names thus not make you trustworthy but for now there are too many unknowns within this land so for his own well being he'll tolerate them until a situation arises in which they become a threat. "What is it you see out there?" crossing his arms eagerly awaiting for a response.

"I see land! Follow me!" Ogidnew then began walking towards a outcropping of rocks surrounding a hill. Once they get closer, they notice black marks branded upon the side of it.

Ogidnew approached the shallow hill. Black totems rose from the sand at odd angles, sending strange shadows upon the grit. Planted between them was a square archway, beckoning to unseen depths. It was perfectly carved, unnatural and out of place in the vast plain of ground bones. Above the entrance; an indentation of a large, wide eye. It stared at the approaching figures with disdain.

Ogidnew felt a call coming from within. Inside him, the worm wriggled, and it was clear that this place was where his Influence called him.

@Cookies McSalsa

- ☀ -
Hitam looked towards the strange entrance. "It seems...unnatural. Very unnatural." He warned, "Maybe it would be best if we don't shelter here."

Malokeh's instincts screamed that this place was dangerous "I agree with Hitam, this place looks unsafe" he said with slight fear in his voice although he would never admit to it. However realizing that this place would probably be one of the few places that is not just a barren desert wasteland, be took it into consideration despite being against it "but perhaps we should check and by 'we' I mean a single individual should test the waters dare I say" turning to eye at Hitam as if expecting he would volunteer.

"This is where I need be! I go now!" Ogidnew practically pranced with excitement towards the entrance, before turning towards the others. "Come this way. The thing be here!" With that, Ogidnew disappeared into the dark of the hill place.

"I guess we wait." Hitam said. He sweated nervously, half expecting to hear some horrid screech or deathly cry of pain.

- ☀ -
Ogidnew entered the dark archway, feeling a sudden, wonderful coolness in the air. It was a natural cold, like the interior of a cave. Ahead of him lay a staircase that disappeared into black. A cool breeze rose from the steps, and his nostrils caught a stale scent rising from the shadows below. His worm lie still, but he could feel its anticipation. Here was where he was meant to go. Here was all that was meaningful.

Invigorated by the chilly scent, Ogidnew continues down the stairs, letting the Influence in his mind guide him along the dark descent.

After moments of silence after Ogidnew rushed inside the entrance and nothing was heard of him. Beginning to expect that he has succumb to something from within "HEY!" he shouted "if he doesn't respond within the next minute, we leave" he says to Hitam whilst looking towards the entrance with an expression that reveals not a single shed of emotion.

Hitam felt the sweat pooling on his clothing. "I can't bear this heat anymore." He said, wiping his forehead. It ached terribly. "I don't know about you, but I'd rather die in a cooler place than here." With that, the Homuncule went inside the arch.

Sighing with relief as the cool air overtook him, Hitam descended the steps. Hitam snapped, and a spark lit a tiny fireball in his palm. It lit the way down, but he couldn't see any end to the staircase. Nor could he see that strange Wendigo. "Ogidnew?" He called. "Are you there?"

- ☀ -
Ogidnew's nostrils flared as the light odor drew into a powerful stench. It was stagnant down here. Whoever had made this place wasn't one for fresh air. The staircase seemed to go on forever. He couldn't see a thing, just feel more stairs. How far down had he gone? It seemed almost dreamlike down here, as though past this point, he couldn't be sure there was even a surface to come back to. A muffled cry from above alerted him that Hitam was coming too.

Ogidnew stumbled over the last step, but found no wall to brace himself. There didn't seem to be anything indicating a hallway...nor even to imply there was even a room to begin with. It felt too open, and he could swear that he even felt a tiny breeze. Even so, it was black as pitch down here. Not even his own self made any appearance in the gloom.

Back