MissMudkip

Mud...Kip!
It is said that good intentions can pave the road to hell.

In a small cancer research center just outside Munich, Germany experiments were underway for a new cure for an aggressive form of brain cancer. So far the formula was proving to be a success. The test on mice came back positive as well as the ones done on rats. Not only was the formula treating the cancer more effectively than any known treatment it was eradicating any signs of it, and even rebuilding what was once damaged. Once the small center had approval from the CDC to begin testing on humans they sought out those with nothing to lose, but the thing that they were already losing.

The most wonderful thing happened, the patients got better far quicker than anything they had ever tried! But the celebration was sort lived. A few days after the formula was administered to the first test subject they had begun to complain about a terrible pain coming from their head. The researches figured this was due to the fast regeneration they had seen in their tests, and wrote it off as a symptom. A few days later the patient complained of lose of feeling in their limbs; yet other symptom. After a two weeks had past a researcher was doing routine check up of the patient. They seemed lifeless, like a creepy doll. They weren't responding to questions, or even responding in any manner. Their eyes were glossed over, and dead looking. They only thing the patient seemed to do was grind their teeth. When the researcher had gotten close to change out the tubes in the patients hand that was when he was bit.

Unlike with patient zero's transformation the researcher's was almost immediate.

It spread quickly in the small lab. Only a couple of people made it out safely with the remainder of the formula. The lab was quickly destroyed in a fire; one that the CDC and WHO later called an arson by an activist group know to cause trouble. The remainder of the vials of what was now called a virus were moved to a high security location inside the CDC's main headquarters in the US. The incident was swept under the rug, and a statement by the WHO was released stating the formula had failed to show any effective signs in a human study, and because of the fire no further research on the formula could be done. The researches that made it out alive were dismissed, and went into retirement.

They new virus was aptly named MANiKiN.

Several months later one of the researchers, who was sent back to his home town of Paris, France, began to feel light headed. Not more than minutes pass did his throat burn. A few more, and he had lost feeling in his limbs starting with a spot of his left had where he now had a permanent scar where he cut himself on glass the day of the incident. He remembered how one of the vials he had grabbed had spilled a bit on his hand. He screamed from the pain that ripped apart his mind...and then nothing.

Slowly the virus was spread around Paris. With different people transforming at different rates the virus slipped under the radar of the medical community that were unaware that the virus even existed. It wasn't until an attack of someone infected on an American tourist in front on the Eiffel Tower, and their rapid transform that the CDC figured why all of these strange reports from different doctor's offices were coming in about a possible new strand of the flu. The stepped in quickly saying that the situation was under control, and that the virus would not travel past Paris.

At first this was the case. The CDC held the virus from spreading for several months, but they still had no information as to how it was spread. Again the virus spread to another part of Europe, and again the CDC "stopped" it enough to calm the masses, and prevented from being talked about in the media as more than a "Minor thing that no one should worry about." Slowly the virus took over different parts of Europe until the pivot point happened.

Those infected went from weeks and months to transform to hours and minutes. It was too fast for the CDC to contain, and reports were coming from every country that the virus was there, and wreaking havoc. Within the span of only a couple of days did the infection count go from thousands, to millions, to billions.

Now, only a few months after the spread of the infection, only a few things are known.
One: The transfer time differs from person to person.
Two: Once the infected's eyes have glossed over they are gone, nothing more than an empty shell looking to spread the virus to a new host.
Three: Dolls, as those infected with MANiKiN are called, attract other dolls
Four: Those that come in contact with any form of doll fluid in a vulnerable area, such as a cut or in their mouth, WILL receive the virus.
Five: A few have maintained their minds, they can control the dolls, and they want the whole world to be infected

Only a few survivors are alive in the US, and they have found their way to the last strong hold. Utopia is the last known place in the world to contain those not infected. The leader of Utopia has set in place a heavy hand of rules that have rather harsh punishments if broken; the harshest is that of being sent back out into the Doll's Land. He has set up a team of specially trained fighters with nothing to lose to keep the dolls from entering, to protect the city, and to carry out the punishments. They are called The Checkered after them holding titles of chess pieces. Like with all governments there are those that rebel against the injustices taking place. This group of rebels call themselves The Suits as they take on names of playing cards.

Roles

The Checkered
This is the defense force of Utopia. They are both feared and loved by the people of the city, but it is understood that they must do their job, else they could face the same punishment.

♚ THE KING ♂ Taken

"And by us I mean you guys because I've already met my quota."

Leader of The Checkered
Lazy/makes others do the hard work due to entitlement
Prefers making strategies over fighting, but is the most powerful
Good guy deep down, but picks on other members out of habit

♛ THE QUEEN ♀ Taken

"If you can't do it then get out of the way, and go be useless elsewhere."

Second in command of The Checkered
Very blunt, but gets embarrassed easily
Almost as powerful as the King
Follows the King's orders blindly, but looks down on the other members

♜ THE ROOK ♂ Taken

"Fuck it! I'm going in!"

Close combat, melee weapons
Acts before he thinks leaving others at risk
Often disobeys the Kings orders
Sort of carefree, thinks about self attitude

♝ THE BISHOP ♀ Taken

"As long as I don't see their faces."

Long range, bows and guns
Can't stand to see faces of dolls she kills
Quiet and reserved, possibly due to past
Will only open up to those she's closest with

♞ THE KNIGHT ♂ Taken

"Why do I have to be in charge of those freaks?!?"

Is in charge of watching over ("babysit") the pawns, and sees them as a burden
Kind of a slacker, would rather attack once he's attacked
Can do both long and close range attacks
Women chaser, and can't fight women even if they're dolls

♟ THE PAWNS

"I have a job I must do now move."

♀Taken
"Just because I'm a freak doesn't mean you get to treat me poorly!"

Lowest ranking member of The Checkered, and are looked down upon by the other members, and the commoners are weary of them
Are undergoing a very slow MANiKiN transformation, and have been for the last several months
Hate the fact that they have to be watched over by the Knight
Are trained in both long and close range combat to defend themselves while being used as bait

THE SUITS
The Suits are an anti-Utopia government group that disagree with the self-elected government party, and the heavy restrictions they place on the citizens of the city. They've been known to aid The Checkered in an emergency, but are otherwise in conflict with them. They are seen as rebel commoners by the government.

♠ THE SPADE ♂Taken

"I have to make things right for them."

Leader of The Suits
Not completely opposed to the laws, but feels that the commoners should have more freedom
Had a family member killed during a punishment, which the government denies ever happening
Will continue to fight until he has his revenge

♦ THE DIAMOND ♂ Taken

"Don't you just love the sound of death in the night?"

Second in command of the Suits, theory that he killed the previous title holder
Very sadistic in nature as he enjoys torturing and killing both dolls and humans
Often found taking to himself which creates distance between him and the other members
Could care less about the government and their laws

♣ THE CLUB ♀Taken

"That sounds like a challenge!"

Rival of the Rook
Leaves fighting minor opponents to the other members of the group
Battle-happy, and is looking for a worth opponent
Is well mannered for the most part, but can lose her temper easily

♥ THE HEART ♂

"I don't understand why we must fight each other."

More of a pacifist than a fighter, only fights when neccessary
Would rather talk things out than fight
Joined The Suits to help the commoners, and show the government how they're wrong
Sort of an underground healer

THE PUPPETEERS
The Puppeteers are a group of Dolls that have somehow retained some sense of humanity even after their transformations occurred. Out of spite, they plot to end the reign of humanity and plunge the world into a world of dolls.

☰ HEAVEN ♀ Taken

"I must know how this works so that I can have control."

Leader of the Puppeteers, and self-proclaimed ruler of the dolls
Loves to torture the humans she captures, and uses them for doll experiments
Has a high interest in the Pawns
Long range fighter due to frail body

☱ LAKE ♂Taken

"I am her's and her's alone."

Heaven's personal bodyguard, strongest of the Puppeteers
Does just about everything for Heaven
Doesn't talk much, just does as told to by Heaven
Looks down, and doesn't trust the other Puppeteers

☲ FIRE ♀ Taken

"Would you get out of my lighting, you're making me look bad!!!"

Could careless about what everyone else thinks
Was a fashionista, or had some form of modeling fame as a human
Very selfish, and only cares about her
Is constantly looking for things that will make her look pretty in her new ("ugly") doll form

☳ THUNDER ♂

*Loud boisterous laugh* "Bow before pitiful creatures!"

Couldn't be stealthy to save his life due to his loud and boisterous nature
Sees the remaining humans as weak, and that they should just give up
Wants to infect the rest of the humans due to his painful past
Gets along with Fire, and tries to impress her with his large vocabulary

☴ WIND ♂

"I just don't see why we must change them is all."

Very laid back, easy going, happy, and supportive of the other Puppeteers
Doesn't see the point in infecting the rest of the humans, and would probably betray the Puppeteers if given a reason
Secretly placed under watch of Mountain by order of Heaven because she sees him as misfit which she calls him often
Stayed with the Puppeteers because he wanted to fit in somewhere, and because of his crush on Fire that he'd never admit to

☵ WATER ♀ Taken

"I don't understand why we must infect them, but if Heaven says it's for the better than it must be!"

Happy, bubbly, kind girl who is very good friends with Wind, and would probably do anything he said
Naively believes and does anything Heaven says because she thinks that she's her best friend that would never lie to her, and is only doing what is best for the world
Is very bad at combat, and relies on others to help her
Doesn't understand why she needs to infect or fight the humans because she thinks death is sad

☶ MOUNTAIN ♂

"She's the only thing that matters to me now."

Is the older brother of Earth, and feels that he must protect her
Has a sister complex, and his constantly watching over her when he's not spying on Wind for Heaven
Resents the humans, and wants to infect them so that his sister will accept their fate
Only fights when he needs to

☷ EARTH ♀

"Would you get off of me, and just leave me alone!"

Is the little sister of Mountain, and hates how he smothers her
Is very kind and gently, but knows how to hold her own
Wishes not to harm the humans because she believes its not their fault she's a doll
Would love to leave the Puppeteers, but knows she can't because of her brother

Code for Main Characters
(note that the color1, color2, etc. are colours for the signup to make it pretty. Just replace that with the colour code):
Code:
[CENTER][Insert Image]
[color=color1]✘[/color][color=color2]✘[/color][color=color3]✘[/color] if i never returned?
[color=color3]❘[/color][color=color2]❙[/color][color=color1]❚QUOTE❚[/color][color=color2]❙[/color][color=color3]❘[/color]
Lyrics or quote
Lyrics or quote
[color=color1]❶[/color]     [color=color2]❷[/color]     [color=color3]❸[/color]
[/CENTER]

[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]NAME[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
this should be obvious; even the marionettes have real names, so feel free to put them down. also include any nicknames
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]AGE[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
how many years have ye been a livin'? include a birth date too.
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]GENDER[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
does your character stand or sit while peeing?
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]ROLE[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
which role are you applying for?

[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]APPEARANCE[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
[u]Physical appearance:[/u] a description of your character's physical traits; like nationality, height, weight, hair and eye colour, etc. 1+ paragraph
[u]Clothing and accessories:[/u] what is your character wearing? 1+ paragraph

[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]PERSONALITY[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
[u]General:[/u] a brief paragraph about your characters personality. 1+ paragraph
[u]Likes/Dislikes:[/u] a list of your character's likes and dislikes
[u]Hobbies:[/u] a list of any hobbies your character has
[u]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/u] both personality and battle wise, what are your character's strong and weak points? a list if you will
[u]Fears:[/u] a list of your characters fears
[u]Other quirks:[/u] any other strange personality traits your character may have

[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]HISTORY[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
a detailed description of the life of your character leading up to the infection, including what took place during the first two months; can be a detailed list or in 2+ paragraph form

[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]WEAPON[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
what does your character fight with? it can be anything from hammers to guns, and you can have multiple. just... nothing impractical or hard to carry around. ie, a little girl should not have a battle axe
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]FIGHTING STYLE[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
how does your character approach battles? what strategies do they use, if any?
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]RELATIONSHIPS[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
who does your character know, and what does your character think of these people?
[color=color3]/[/color][color=color1]THEME SONG[/color] [color=color2]➟[/color]
what tunes describe your character?

Commoners
Everyone is welcome to make a commoner in Utopia once the main character spots have been filled. If a Human main character is to die then they will be replace by a commoner if it is appropriate to do so in the story line. Note that if you are selected to fill that roll you are expected to edit you commoner's character sheet to be the Main Character one.

Commoners played by:
Unavailable until Main Characters spots have been filled

Commoners' Character Sheet

Code:
[center][Insert Image]

[b][u][Name][/b][/u]
[b][u]Age:[/b][/u] (w/Birthdate)
[b][u]Gender:[/b][/u][/center]

[b][u]Appearance:[/b][/u] (at least one paragraph)
[b][u]Personality:[/b][/u] (at least one paragraph)
[b][u]History:[/b][/u] (at least two paragraphs)

Last edited:
438487.jpg

if i never returned?
❚I will find strength from pain❚
Life is a mystery, full of twist and turns.
Live it or lose it.

/Nilda Gilagant
/19 (March 15th)
/Female
/The Bishop

/APPEARANCE
Physical appearance: Nilda is from Irish German decent, therefore she has rather pale skin. She's 5'6" and as a thin frame, but a rather large bust and a small bubble butt. She has deep sapphire blue eyes, and tends to mesmerize all who look into them. She also has pitch black hair that is shoulder length. Although she as a rather small body she can use a bow and a heavy gun just fine. This may be from the fact that she does work out often, and has some muscle to her. She has a tattoo that goes from her neck, curves to her right side, curves down to her lower back, and then wraps around her pelvis with it ending on her left hip, and then has a larger one that goes from the left side of her mid-back and curves to her mid-lower back.

This one is the one that curves around her. The bigger star is on her hip.
star-tattoo-120650882819430.jpg

This one is the one that is on her mid back.
DSCF0069-1.jpg

Clothing and accessories: Nilda wears many different kinds of clothes. Her preferment is short knee length skirts, and non-restricting shirts. She wears these types of clothes because she feels that they are easier to fight and maneuver in. However, she also likes to be comfortable so she often wears tank top, sweat pants, and other lay-around clothes, when she's just relaxing. She has her lobes pierced, and often wears studs when she's not wearing clothes for a special occasion.

/PERSONALITY
General: Nilda is very shy, and doesn't like being the center of attention at all. Only a few know her true personality which is funny and loving. She also has a hard time expressing herself due to her not wanting to hurt others. She doesn't say much because she has a very blunt personality, and doesn't say what she doesn't mean, which is why she doesn't talk much. However, when she's in love with someone, and with them, she can open up to them and never really wants to leave their side. Also when you get to know her she opens up a bit and is willing to show you her true self. She is very protective over the ones she loves.

• Drawing
  • Summer
  • Being warm
  • Cooking/baking
  • Taking naps
  • Music
  • Her family
  • Her friends
  • Sweet things
  • Tea
  • Lilies
  • Swimming
  • Sparing
  • Archery

Dislikes:
  • Annoying people
  • Sour/Bitter tasting food
  • Being told what to do (but does it anyways)
  • People who break their promises
  • Fighting and killing people
  • Winter
  • Rain
  • Being cold
  • Spicy things
  • Coffee
  • Being sick
  • Waking up early
  • Roses
  • Spiders
  • Whinny, Annoying People
Hobbies:She likes to sketch drawings of scenery, and trying different tea leaf combinations. She also does her regular daily training.
Strengths:
  • Good with a bow
  • Good with guns
  • Good at hand to hand combat (Hates doing it though)
  • Can take orders
  • Is protective over loved ones
  • Is the greatest friend you'll ever have (once you are friends with her)

Weaknesses:
  • Not good with swords
  • Hates killing people and the MANiKiNs
  • Has a hard time opening up to people
  • She can be very shy
Fears: Having to kill someone she loves
Other quirks: When she needs to escape from the world she listens to music and blows everyone off.

/HISTORY
When Nilda was 6, and her sister Lilly was 4, their parents were murdered, and they were forced to go live with foster families. Although they were always together, the houses they were placed in were down right nasty to them, and they were often abused and forced to do hard tasks. It wasn't until Nilda and Lilly were placed with the Gilagant's that they started to have a normal an happy life again. They were accepted with loving arms, and not long after being placed there they were adopted by them. They lived a happy, and relaxed life style for about 10 years...before the virus hit. One day, after walking home from school together they noticed that something was different about their loving home. It had been broken into. When they entered the house they saw that everything was trashed, and there was blood everywhere. Nilda had told Lilly to go up stairs grab some essentials, and hurry on back down. Nilda also grabbed a bag, and went into the kitchen. There she found her father laying on the floor; gun shot through his head. She tried hard not to cry as she grabbed food out of the fridge. As she left the kitchen to head back into the living room she grabbed the gun out her father's hand; it only had two bullets left in it, and she needed to get more. She ran over to the table by the stairs grabbed some bullets, and then heard crashing from upstairs which caused for her to yell for Lilly and heard her yell back "HELP." Nilda had never ran up a flight of stairs faster in her life. When she got to her sister's room she saw her mother had pinned Lilly down and was going to kill her. Her mother briefly looked back at her, her eyes bright red from the infection. BANG. Nilda didn't think twice about it, she just shot her mother. Lily got up, grabbed their bags, and ran to her sister. Nilda stood there, frozen, as she watched the women who she called her mother for the last 10 years die in front of her. It wasn't until Lilly pulled on her shirt that Nilda snapped out of her trance like state. Nilda grabbed her sister's hand and then they ran. They to ran the nearest shelter and stayed there. They had learned that the virus, which they only heard was not a big deal at first, was a now big deal, and it was spreading fast. They didn't sleep that night. Someone in the shelter had gotten bit, and they ran again. They ran for about two days, then the worst thing ever happened to Nilda. One night while sleeping in an abandoned house, Lilly was acting wired. She said her stomach felt funny and she had a massive headache. Nilda didn't think anything of it, and thought it was a flu bug. However, when Nilda went to give some medicine to Lily she noticed that Lilly had a small bit mark on her arm. Nilda began crying when she realized what was happening. She told Lilly that everything was going to ok, and that they were going to be safe. Nilda sat across from her sister and waited for her to change, the gun in her hand. It took a couple of hours, but it finally happened. Nilda sobbed as she raised the gun to her sister's head. The last thing she saw before she pulled the trigger was a smile, and eyes that were at peace and the words "I love you" came out of Lilly's mouth. Nilda cried that whole night. Things got worse but she moved on, learning new things as she did. When she got to the Utopia, she felt safe. Not long afterwards she was asked to join STRINGS, and she accepted. It's been a year now, and the one thing she has to remember her sister is the tattoo of lilies and stars.

/WEAPON
Mainly the bow, but will use a gun. Will use the small knifes she keeps in her boots if needed, but wont put herself in that type of situation.
/FIGHTING STYLE
She like to be farther away form the battle. That way she doesn't have to see the faces of people she kills.
/RELATIONSHIPS
Nilda doesn't know anyone but the other members of STRINGS, and is good friends with them but still wont tell them her past and where she came from
/THEME SONG
Dear God By Avenged Sevenfold

A lonely road crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love, purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there, back where I'd love to be, oh yeah

Dear God, the only thing I ask of You
Is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed
Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired, I'm missing you again, oh no, once again

There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps and all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah

We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed

Well, some search never finding a way
Before long they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold when hope begins to fade

A lonely road crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love, purpose hard to find

We all need the person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed

Well this idea seems far more intriguing now that I've had the chance to read all this. I am actually torn on which role to take, so, for now I'd like to just reserve the King.

~M

MissMudkip is just relaxing a bit in light of her finals being over. She will start on all of this soon enough. As for my character, I plan on breaking ground in a few days after I touch base with Mudkip on a few things. :)

~M

Reactions: Nyx
I'll be sure to let Mudkip know about the interest! :) I'm sure your roles will be safely reserved.

Edit: Mudkip wanted me to let everyone know that she will get things moving on Monday. There are a few things she had to do as it relates to the RP first. :)

~M

Last edited by a moderator:
Play any that you would like or even take up a few? :) But only accept what you are prepared to handle.

~M

Hello everyone, I am alive! Thank you so much for your patience with everything, this last week was finals for me, and with the lack of sleep plus finals in general I need to just focus on just that.

News!
After a conversation with Tiko I was told that I could more than likely get approval for this rp to be an Epic rp if I change the background story, and character descriptions. I will be keeping the whole doll virus aspect, and utopia /distopia, and the character roles don't worry, but how it came to be, and the unit names will be changed. As for the character descriptions I will be basically taking what is currently there are moving it down to one quote the character might say plus a couple of key points to keep in mind. This will hopefully give you all more freedom in creating your characters.

I was asked if you could make one of the human characters (other than the pawns) a spy doll character. This is a no. The reason for this is because that the dolls undergo a heavy physical change along with a mental change that makes them heavily distinguishable from humans even with make-up, masks, etc. This doesn't stop your character from possibly getting bit later on, or possibly getting the virus from maybe some other type of doll bodily fluid.

@Meliodas Thank you for aiding in corresponding during my absence!
@Nyx Go ahead and start making your character
@Cana & @Jackal Your spots have been reserved!
@Spike1d23 Roleplaying is suppose to test and grow your skills as a roleplayer. These are never ending skills that even very advanced roleplayers must constantly learn. I would love for you to apply, and let us help you grow your skills as you help us grow ours!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask either here or in a pm!

Back