Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally at a reset, Sans would make some dialogue about beating them a fourth time in a row, and make a joke out of this. But this time, something was different. The fight wasn't initiated, instead Sans confronted Mason.

nJw7oQz.png
"Tell me something, kiddo. You're not Frisk, are you?" Sans exclaimed with his eyes shut as he spoke. "Frisk never had that little fairy thing with em, and they sure as hell weren't this easy to eliminate. Plus when I "died" for the third time, the real Frisk appeared and slashed me, just like in my nightmares."

H9Wd7T4.png
"Just WHO are you?" He asked, opening his eyes finally. He spoke as if the whole Genocide Run had happened before, numerous times. Knowing Frisk's name was a start, as well as speaking about the resets as if they were a common thing to him, which they were. Mason had no idea how much Sans knows about the timeline and what goes on with the kid.

Mason spun back around to face Sans. This left his back open to attack, but nothing bad will come from that, right?

"Me? I'm Mason. Mason Moretti. I travel around trying to be a hero. I don't know who this Frisk is, but..."

Rachel interrupted, "...but I do. Hello, I'm the 'little fairy thing' you werr discussing, and I have a name. I'm Rachel, also known as Oracle. Back where I come from, I'm supposed to see the future. However, that's not really possible with how absolutely fucked this world's timeline is. Are you aware of just how unstable it is because of that toddler?"

"Oracle, language!" Mason exclaimed. He stared at the fairy with an appalled expression.

"Oh, hush. Last loop, you were swearing like a sailor."

@Raynar Saassin

Mason spun back around to face Sans. This left his back open to attack, but nothing bad will come from that, right?

"Me? I'm Mason. Mason Moretti. I travel around trying to be a hero. I don't know who this Frisk is, but..."

Rachel interrupted, "...but I do. Hello, I'm the 'little fairy thing' you werr discussing, and I have a name. I'm Rachel, also known as Oracle. Back where I come from, I'm supposed to see the future. However, that's not really possible with how absolutely fucked this world's timeline is. Are you aware of just how unstable it is because of that toddler?"

"Oracle, language!" Mason exclaimed. He stared at the fairy with an appalled expression.

"Oh, hush. Last loop, you were swearing like a sailor."

@Raynar Saassin

H9Wd7T4.png
"I am well aware of how this timeline operates. I'm one of the only few that can remember that kiddo's resets. Witnessing them complete the pacifist route over and over again only for them to reset it and do it again. But the true horror?"

m0gvn0q.png
"Is watching them commit Genocide... Over, and over again. Watching Papyrus die over and over because he believed in the kiddo? And then watching them kill me over and over? It's sickening." Sans exclaimed with his pupil-less eyes as he explained the story of mass genocide and resets. "And the fact I can't do anything to stop them either."

H9Wd7T4.png
"I am well aware of how this timeline operates. I'm one of the only few that can remember that kiddo's resets. Witnessing them complete the pacifist route over and over again only for them to reset it and do it again. But the true horror?"

m0gvn0q.png
"Is watching them commit Genocide... Over, and over again. Watching Papyrus die over and over because he believed in the kiddo? And then watching them kill me over and over? It's sickening." Sans exclaimed with his pupil-less eyes as he explained the story of mass genocide and resets. "And the fact I can't do anything to stop them either."

"Well, the good thing is that you won't have to take the kid on alone. I'm on your side, not theirs."

"Yeah! Mason's already killed the child once. Doing it again shouldn't be hard."

"I did what now?"

"Well... You killed Frisk on accident. Sans too, though he killed you first."

"Ever heard of sugar coating?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Well, the good thing is that you won't have to take the kid on alone. I'm on your side, not theirs."

"Yeah! Mason's already killed the child once. Doing it again shouldn't be hard."

"I did what now?"

"Well... You killed Frisk on accident. Sans too, though he killed you first."

"Ever heard of sugar coating?"

lcGHV2R.png

"Hold on a moment there, kiddo." Sans exclaimed, scratching his head a little. He paused for quite a bit and held his ground against Mason in case this was some sort of trap to make him drop it.

nJw7oQz.png

"How can I be so sure that your intentions are genuine? Out of all the humans I've met, most of them aren't what they imply themselves to be."

95AbJIq.png

"Tibia honest here, I'm not entirely sure I should trust you or your little fairy thing. After seeing the true intentions of Frisk? I'm not a guy to easily trust, and I'm certainly not one to make promises."

@Alex Azure

lcGHV2R.png

"Hold on a moment there, kiddo." Sans exclaimed, scratching his head a little. He paused for quite a bit and held his ground against Mason in case this was some sort of trap to make him drop it.

nJw7oQz.png

"How can I be so sure that your intentions are genuine? Out of all the humans I've met, most of them aren't what they imply themselves to be."

95AbJIq.png

"Tibia honest here, I'm not entirely sure I should trust you or your little fairy thing. After seeing the true intentions of Frisk? I'm not a guy to easily trust, and I'm certainly not one to make promises."

@Alex Azure

"..."

Mason was struck speechless. He didn't have much of an argument. All tgings considered, calling himself a hero didn't mean anything. He had no proof to back up his claims. The hall fell silent, except the chirping of birds that could be heard beyond the barrier.

"Judge his SOUL, Sans," came a small voice from behind the pillar. Frisk stepped out to see Sans, Mason, and Rachel. They brandished a knife and wore a golden locket around their neck. "You already know what my judgement is. You've seen my SOUL and what I've done. Why not check his?" Frisk knew that stepping out here was dangerous. However, they felt that Chara was just as curious to see what the judgement would be.

"My SOUL...?" Mason replied, confused. A purple light shone from Mason's necklace and his soul, colored purple, presented itself.

If Sans were to look at the stains on this soul, he would find no blood or dust. Nothing was killed by Mason's hand. Yet, still, there was more power hidden within it than there should be in just one human soul. No EXP, no LOVE, but clear strength. Almost like there was another soul hiding within...

@Raynar Saassin

"..."

Mason was struck speechless. He didn't have much of an argument. All tgings considered, calling himself a hero didn't mean anything. He had no proof to back up his claims. The hall fell silent, except the chirping of birds that could be heard beyond the barrier.

"Judge his SOUL, Sans," came a small voice from behind the pillar. Frisk stepped out to see Sans, Mason, and Rachel. They brandished a knife and wore a golden locket around their neck. "You already know what my judgement is. You've seen my SOUL and what I've done. Why not check his?" Frisk knew that stepping out here was dangerous. However, they felt that Chara was just as curious to see what the judgement would be.

"My SOUL...?" Mason replied, confused. A purple light shone from Mason's necklace and his soul, colored purple, presented itself.

If Sans were to look at the stains on this soul, he would find no blood or dust. Nothing was killed by Mason's hand. Yet, still, there was more power hidden within it than there should be in just one human soul. No EXP, no LOVE, but clear strength. Almost like there was another soul hiding within...

nJw7oQz.png

"Hmm... LV1 and no EXP. But I'm feeling more than what your stats are telling. Almost as if you have a second soul as well..." Sans exclaimed, his eyes closed as he judged his soul. "We'll talk later. For now..." He then turned his attention to Frisk.

vYhO1zw.png

"Someone needs to get dunked on." He exclaimed as he pulled a entire circle of Gaster Blasters around Frisk and prepared to fire. "You've caused enough trouble, kiddo. Time to get dunked."

@Alex Azure

"Second soul? Second... Soul..." The gears could be heard grinding in Mason's head. His train of thought slowly chugged along until it reached the station. Upon finishing his train of thought, Mason immediately jumped into action. He stood between Frisk and Sans, even though it was already too late. The Gaster Blasters had already circled around Frisk.

"Sans, wait! Two souls: What if Frisk here has them? This Frisk that you've seen destroy worlds might not be the only one. There's probably an innocent, scared kid trapped inside a murderer. Is it worth killing that innocent soul?"

@Raynar Saassin

vYhO1zw.png

"I don't think you fully understand the situation here, kiddo." Sans responded, still maintaining his current expression. "Don't you think I'd of seen the second soul inside of them? No. Something else is guiding them along this path of destruction. Either that or this is their true nature. Tibia honest here, I could care less what the answer is, this kid needs to pay for their crimes."

Meanwhile inside of Frisk's mind . . .

greeting______i_am_______by_kasempan-d9uttd0.png

"Frisk... Why are you holding back... Remember what we discussed. YOU wanted to go on this path =) YOU are the one who went on the mass murdering Genocide =) YOU MUST FINISH THIS NOW!!! Do it, or I WILL! =D"

@Alex Azure

vYhO1zw.png

"I don't think you fully understand the situation here, kiddo." Sans responded, still maintaining his current expression. "Don't you think I'd of seen the second soul inside of them? No. Something else is guiding them along this path of destruction. Either that or this is their true nature. Tibia honest here, I could care less what the answer is, this kid needs to pay for their crimes."

Meanwhile inside of Frisk's mind . . .

"Frisk... Why are you holding back... Remember what we discussed. YOU wanted to go on this path =) YOU are the one who went on the mass murdering Genocide =) YOU MUST FINISH THIS NOW!!! Do it, or I WILL! =D"

@Alex Azure

"Then you'll do it alone, Chara. I've had enough of my sins crawling down my back. If you're willing to fight, then you can pay for our crimes. When you're ready, I'm willing to erase this path we've walked down," Frisk told Chara.

Meanwhile, Mason continued discussing with Sans. "So this kid is a murderer. Sounds like they need to be taken down a peg. I don't want to kill the kid... but we can't let them continue. I'll help you fight this kid... However I can. I'm not as strong as I normally am, but I can throw a couple punches."

@Raynar Saassin

"Then you'll do it alone, Chara. I've had enough of my sins crawling down my back. If you're willing to fight, then you can pay for our crimes. When you're ready, I'm willing to erase this path we've walked down," Frisk told Chara.

"Fine~ Then I will =)" Chara exclaimed as she decided to take matters into her own hands. Using the LV that Frisk had obtained during their genocide, Chara began to possess Frisk's body against their will. If they weren't to continue down the path that they set themselves upon, then she'll do it herself.

7kfLSYxX_400x400.jpg

"Just remember this, Frisk. You taught me to do this~ =D And now? It's time for me to finish the job."

Meanwhile, Mason continued discussing with Sans. "So this kid is a murderer. Sounds like they need to be taken down a peg. I don't want to kill the kid... but we can't let them continue. I'll help you fight this kid... However I can. I'm not as strong as I normally am, but I can throw a couple punches."

nJw7oQz.png

"You don't understand. This kid is past redemption. They need to be eliminated right here, right now to prevent them from resetting the timeline and doing it all over again." Sans explained, speaking entirely from experience. "I've experienced them wipe out the entire underground again and again. And this is where it ends."

vYhO1zw.png

"Time to get dunked on." Sans exclaimed as he opened the mouths of his many Gaster Blasters, even some focusing on Mason as he prepared to fire them. However Sans took too long charging them up, allowing Chara to disappear from sight. As Sans was about to fire the blasters, Chara appeared behind him and slashed him straight in the chest again, knocking him down.

hqdefault.jpg

"Heh... Guess that's it then..." Sans stated slowly as instead of him leaving the area, he straight turned into dust in front of Mason's eyes, and what replaced his figure was Chara, standing there holding her Knife.

309.jpg

"Hehe~ =D Frisk wouldn't finish the job, and you talking and stalling the situation became really boring really quickly. So I took matters into my own hands~ Now. Are you going to stand in my way? Or are you going to let me finish my job so I can move on to the next pathetic world?~"

@Alex Azure

Mason stared down at the floor. The fairy companion by his side disappeared in a small puff of smoke. The air grew heavy and the light streaming in through the windows appeared to dim.

"I don't know how to feel," Mason said coldly, "Apparently I've both died and been a killer multiple times, but I don't remember it. My heart remembers it. My SOUL is aching, feeling the strain. We've only been here a few minutes, but it feels like hours."

Mason lifted his eyes enough to glare at Chara. "I don't know if you've done me a favor or committed a crime. Perhaps both. Whether your actions or just or not isn't for me to decide. I'm not the one judging your soul."

"But it doesn't matter! Good and evil, hero and villain, it's all subjective. But you're trying to escape this world."

A bright light shined within Mason's necklace. The traveling hero shifted his stance, ready to fight. He thrusted his arm forward, pointing at Chara with his fingers in the shape of a gun. The dark expression on his face flipped into a cocky grin as the music picked up around him. "Going between worlds is my job, and I don't need you interrupting it. I'm the one who is playing hero, and I'm going to do it without murder. I now know what I'm capable of... And I'm not going to use my strength to kill ever again! Little child, your game ends here, with you alive!"

The light within Mason's necklace spreads quickly through his body. The aura gathers at his fingertips, ready to fire, but not to kill. Hw knew that killing this kid would only loop time again, or at least he believed so. He aimed his shot and...

Cut the music.

He stood still. Another sound echoed in the distance. Its source grew closer, and closer, until...

A snow-white dog raced past Mason at the speed of woof. It snatched the necklace right off his neck and hurried deeper into the hall. However, it didn't make it to Asgore. A ring of purple aura suddenly appeared and swallowed up the dog.

The ring stayed, but the dog was gone, drifting off into another timeline.

"Damn it," Mason said. The moment the necklace left his neck, the aura that surrounded him disappeared.

@Raynar Saassin

"..."

Was all that Chara could demonstrate as she looked towards him with a blank expression after the dog had absorbed the ring's power and ran off, probably never to be seen again. Then...

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Chara began laughing loudly as she practically cried with laughter at Mason's unfortunate turn of events. "AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my god that was so funny! Hahahaha! The hope, the determination you had to try to stop me, and it just gets taken away! Hahahaha! Oh that is so precious!"

4dsjhXc6_400x400.jpg

"Looks like your time has ran out~ =D And your Life will come to an end by my Knife~ Just like I did everyone else here. And perhaps... I shall do more than just kill you~ I'll offer you a choice."

All of a sudden, two options appeared before him:

[YES] [NO]

Cue the very ominous music.

As Chara began to talk, she would be walking back and forth on the spot while keeping an eye on Mason and keeping a tight grip on her Knife.

"Now normally, I would just cut down anyone in my path and that'd be that, but you? You're a special case~ I don't think I recognise you here, and no one else fell into the Underground other than the body I currently possess~ You are a special one, and that must mean that something about you allowed you to come here directly instead of following in Frisk's footsteps."

"So. I'm going to offer you this question, and I will only do this once. Give me your Soul, and your capability to travel, and I can continue my quest of complete erasure. Or? I'll just kill you right here and take it myself. So what's it going to be, "Hero"? Are you going to comply? Or do I have to make you?"

@Alex Azure

"Shut up, kid," Mason said. His voice was quivering and he was backing away from Chara.

"Even if I wanted to say yes, I couldn't make this deal. My SOUL, or both of them, isn't enough to travel between worlds. To cross the multiverse, I need that necklace. Your chance at leaving this place left with that locket. But there's still time... And I won't leave this opportunity!"

Mason quickly fled the battle. He sprinted as fast as his legs could carry him towards the ring of aura. As he reached the ring, he jumped with all of his strength. Leaping through revealed the ring's true nature: a portal.

Mason had left the world of Undertale.

And he fell. He fell through darkness, into the unknown. He hit the ground hard, but by some miracle was still alive. The sound of the dog's song echoed in the distance, through the darkness. A lone pillar of light illuminated the cavern he found himself in. This pillar struck the form of quite an... odd creature.

"hOI! i'M temmIE! tem want to be frEND!"

A chill ran down Mason's spine. Was it Chara and Frisk following him? Or was it this... temmie?

@Raynar Saassin

"Looks like I may get what I wanted after all... Under different circumstances~"

Chara muttered as she chased after Mason as soon as he made his leap towards the ring, and discovered a portal in front of them as he went in first, followed by Chara second.

Chara had also left the world of Undertale.

"Hmm..." Chara muttered as she also fell, but way before Mason did as he was nowhere to be sighted. "Where am I? This all looks strangely familiar~ No matter. It's another world from the looks of it, and I have a job to do =D"

And so Chara began to follow the trail until she came across Mason interacting with a... Temmie? A strange one at that in that it shot many resemblances of Flowey. She chose to hid behind the entrance pillar and await to see what would occur.

@Alex Azure

4b000abe905d186edc7ec482f26c1ab1decbd849_00.jpg

"doen heer, it tEM... or be tEM!"

"I have absolutely no idea what that means. Listen, have you seen a dog-"

"den let tEMMIE show u how 2 tEM. just catch tEMMIE flAKES!"

White pellets surrounded Mason. The UI appeared before him, and his purple SOUL quickly dodged the flying bullets temmie flakes.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm" Temmie said in response. The creature began vibrating rapidly. Mason began his turn.

ACT
temmie
QUESTION

"Temmie, have you seen a white dog pass by? Possibly holding a necklace?"

Temmie refused to answer, and continued vibrating. However, her turn didn't begin yet. Someone else was given a chance.

@Raynar Saassin

Chara had no choice. She had to walk out into the open and address the situation, seeing how Frisk had this power to begin with. Although strange however that it considered her the same as Mason, and would only progress if Chara responded.

"Hmph. Looks like we need each other more than you realise, if this will continue to occur."

ACT
temmie
QUESTION

"What ARE you?"

If Temmie was to do their attack on Chara, they'd find that she'd easily dodge the Temmieflakes, having a large amount of experience with dodging projectiles from having dealt with Sans numerous times.

@Alex Azure

"temmie is TEMMIE, ur best FREND" the Temmie replied. She started vibrating faster, and her face began to distort, becoming more grotesque.

"Now it tiem 4 joo to TEM!"

The bullets TEMMIE FLAKES formed in an unbreakable circle around Chara, slowly closing in around her SOUL. Temmie reached maximum vibration and began cackling wildly.

However, just before the bullets hit, a child fell from the sky! The kid fell directly on Temmie, knocking her out instantly. The kid appeared conked put as well. They didn't move, but upon further examination they weren't dead either. The child bore a strange resemblance to Chara...

It would probably be fine to leave her there.

"Well... That happened. Normally, I'd stop to help, but we really need to find that dog. C'mon, Murder Kid."

Mason hurried ahead, towards the ruins.

@Raynar Saassin

"What's the matter?~ Don't like to wait? I like you already--- What..." Chara exclaimed as she looked towards the child. They looked... very strangely familiar to her. "Hmph. You go on ahead. I'm going to catch up and finish my objective later." She scoffed towards Mason as he ran ahead, while Chara chose to stay behind. Once the child were to regain consciousness, they would discover someone almost entirely identical to them staring them clean in the face with red eyes and a menacing smile.

"Who are you. Why do you look like me? Why do you look EXACTLY like me?!"

@Alex Azure

296d1435214cf2177e1143400f435f0320926266_00.jpg

"I could ask the same thing," the other Chara replied. This one spoke with a gentler tone than the murderous one. Her voice sounded close to how Frisk spoke to Chara before losing control.

"This never happened on any of my other resets. I wonder if this had anything to do with what happened during my last run through."

The other Chara's voice grew softer.

"Frisk remade the entire world at the price of my SOUL. Did they remake me as well?"

"That sounds like the deal you were trying to make with Mason. I don't remember making any kind of deals with you though," Frisk said within their mind, "Were you planning the same thing with me? Once we killed Sans, then Asgore, then Flowey, you would take my soul and we would do it all again?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Hmm." Chara responded, pondering what she had just learned. Seemed like this Chara is the Frisk of this World, and Frisk is it's Chara. But it's strange to see that in this world, the roles were reversed...

"Hmm. It would appear that you performed a True Reset, and started over again. Reminds me all too much of my Frisk except my Frisk was the Pacifist, and I am the Genocide Incarnate."

She then heard her Frisk talk in her mind. "Ah~ You know all too well~ After our little job was completed, the world would be erased, and your soul would be mine~ So then we could do it allllll over again =D"

She then looked towards the other Chara with bad intent, as she raised her knife up.

4dsjhXc6_400x400.jpg

"=D If there's anything my Frisk taught me, is that every monster in the Underground must die. To commit total genocide and not to rest until everything has been exterminated and erased. But I am curious about something though~ Which path did you follow before you arrived here?~"

@Alex Azure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back