Status
Not open for further replies.

Macy Moretti

Princess of Heart, Dumb of Ass
281650_judment_hall_light.jpg

The world is a cold, dead place. The underground has fallen silent. The determination of one child silenced the screams of almost all monsters left in the Underground. All that remained laid within the castle of the monster king, Asgore Fluffybuns Dreemur. Aside from him, two other monsters remained: an innocent-looking flower and one very, very lazy skeleton.

Within the golden hall of judgement, a ring of light appeared. The closed system of the underground, for just a brief moment, became open to the the outside world. Within that time, a human was able to slip through.

Mason Moretti, at this point in time age 18, popped through the portal and stumbled onto the tiles of that golden hall. A few tripping steps led to a fall, and the young adventurer ended up laying prone. "Rough landing there," he mumbled as he pushed himself back to his feet. Behind him, the ring of light vanished into the ether.

"Looks like we're alone. Hello! Is anybody there?!" Mason called out, his voice echoing throughout the hall.

@Raynar Saassin

Mason's call was left unanswered for a moment, until a shadowed figure had appeared before him, stepping past one of the pillars in the hallway. They were short and had the appearance of a skeleton, as they spoke slowly.

H9Wd7T4.png
"Heya. You've been busy, huh?..." Sans exclaimed, speaking as if Mason could feel their sins crawling down their back. Sans must be confusing him for the one who's been going on a killing spree.

nJw7oQz.png
"So. I've got a question for ya. Do you think even the worst person, can change...? That everyone, can be a good person... if they just try?"​

Mason's call was left unanswered for a moment, until a shadowed figure had appeared before him, stepping past one of the pillars in the hallway. They were short and had the appearance of a skeleton, as they spoke slowly.​

H9Wd7T4.png
"Heya. You've been busy, huh?..." Sans exclaimed, speaking as if Mason could feel their sins crawling down their back. Sans must be confusing him for the one who's been going on a killing spree.

nJw7oQz.png
"So. I've got a question for ya. Do you think even the worst person, can change...? That everyone, can be a good person... if they just try?"​

"HOLY CRAP A SKELETON MAN!" Mason exclaimed. He jumped backwards, away from Sans. His pulse raced and a sweat broke on his brow. Two fists raised themselves in front of him in defense.

"Calm down, Mason. Skeleton man isn't harming you," he told himself.

He dropped his balled fists and did his best to stay relaxed. A couple deep breaths brought his nerves to a calm. With his voice still shaking, he spoke to the sans serif skeleton.

"I do. I think people can change. I've met some of the worst people ever, and I believe there's a spot of good inside them. Everyone has something worth saving. I want to change... Is that a good answer?"

@Raynar Saassin

"HOLY CRAP A SKELETON MAN!" Mason exclaimed. He jumped backwards, away from Sans. His pulse raced and a sweat broke on his brow. Two fists raised themselves in front of him in defense.

"Calm down, Mason. Skeleton man isn't harming you," he told himself.

He dropped his balled fists and did his best to stay relaxed. A couple deep breaths brought his nerves to a calm. With his voice still shaking, he spoke to the sans serif skeleton.

"I do. I think people can change. I've met some of the worst people ever, and I believe there's a spot of good inside them. Everyone has something worth saving. I want to change... Is that a good answer?"

nJw7oQz.png
"Heh. You have a pretty sick sense of humour, kiddo. Well, how about a better question?..."

m0gvn0q.png
"Do you wanna have a bad time? Because if you take another step forward... You are REALLY not gonna like what happens next." Sans exclaimed. The air felt truly like a Judgement Hall, and with Sans present, the atmosphere was not a good one. Even if Mason wasn't the one who was performing the mass Genocide, Sans couldn't particularly trust a human at this point anymore.

Mason slowly inched backwards. Chills ran down his spine and through his feet each step. He stared into the eye sockets of the skeleton and found only emptiness.

"Listen, I'm not looking for a fight. I'm sure you're a very nice skeleton and don't want to harm me. Even though in most video games skeletons are your enemies..."

Around Mason's neck was a golden locket in the shape of a heart. The locket began to glow with a purple aura. The light from the locket spread down to his hands. "If you fight, I will defend myself. I can promise that."

@Raynar Saassin

nJw7oQz.png
"Heh. Sorry, old lady."
H9Wd7T4.png
"This is why I never accept promises." Sans exclaimed as now the battle between Sans and Mason had now been initiated.

nJw7oQz.png
"It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these... kids like you?"
m0gvn0q.png
" S H O U L D B E B U R N I N G I N H E L L "

vYhO1zw.png
Sans's right eye began to glow a bright blue as Mason would feel his soul change blue as Sans pushed him against the ground. He then sent a wave pattern of bones along the floor with a small gap for evasion, then out of nowhere, several Gaster Blasters would appear and shoot at Mason in different patterns before almost covering the entire area in blaster fire.

lcGHV2R.png
"Heh. Always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first."

Already very familiar with the floor, Mason quickly pushed off of it and narrowly avoided the wave of bones.

"Alright, looks like you want a fight!"

Mason noticed the inescapable, menacing Gaster Blasters. "I'll just make a little shield," Mason thought to himself. He raised his hands up. The energy around his hands spread to form a thin sheet before fizzling out of existence. Unfortunately, the power required to travel across the multiverse left Mason far too drained to fight using his soul's aura.

"Oh right. Shit."

The blasters fired, obscuring Mason from view. When the smoke cleared, so to speak, Mason was kneeling on the ground. His clothes and the tips of his hair had been singed by the attack, and Mason felt weak. He could feel his health draining one point at a time.

"What is this? I feel sick..."

In his delirium, he could have sworn he saw four options appearing before his eyes: FIGHT, ACT, ITEM, and MERCY.

"Mercy..." he mumbled. He reached out and touched the button. "I could use a bit of mercy."

Upon pressing the MERCY option, Sans could notice something strange. Aside from Mason's blue soul, another cherry red soul appeared to float around in the bullet box. The locket around Mason's neck glowed with a different light. From that light appeared a small creature that looked like a fairy. It glowed pink and had wings, though it didn't appear to have any sort of body, just a glowing ball of light.

View attachment 2127

"Please, wait, Mr. Skeleton!"

The fairy's voice cried out to Sans as it flew up close to him.

"My friend here honestly means no harm. He can't attack right now, either. I don't think he realized that MERCY meant he would give you mercy. Please, just hold off on attacking and we can talk this out."

@Raynar Saassin

"Please, wait, Mr. Skeleton!"

The fairy's voice cried out to Sans as it flew up close to him.

"My friend here honestly means no harm. He can't attack right now, either. I don't think he realized that MERCY meant he would give you mercy. Please, just hold off on attacking and we can talk this out."

H9Wd7T4.png
"Aren't you a new sight... Eh, alright." Sans exclaimed as he then turned towards Mason.

nJw7oQz.png
"You're sparing me? Finally. Buddy. Pal. I know how hard it must be... to make that choice. To go back on everything you've worked up to. I want you to know... I won't let it go to waste. ... C'mere, pal." Sans opened his arms so that Mason could run up and hug him like suggested. Inside the strange boxes, it would state that...

"Sans is sparing you."

But after all of that, is he really just giving up that easily?

@Alex Azure

Mason slowly walked over to Sans, his health still ticking down from Karmic Retribution. When the effect stopped draining him, he would be at half HP.

"Thank you. I guess you're Sans? I'm Mason. I think we started off wrong. I'm not one for hugs. Think you could go for a handshake?"

Mason held out his hand in a manner far more trusting than the kid Sans met back in Snowdin. Perhaps Mason could fall for the age old trick?

@Raynar Saassin

Mason slowly walked over to Sans, his health still ticking down from Karmic Retribution. When the effect stopped draining him, he would be at half HP.

"Thank you. I guess you're Sans? I'm Mason. I think we started off wrong. I'm not one for hugs. Think you could go for a handshake?"

Mason held out his hand in a manner far more trusting than the kid Sans met back in Snowdin. Perhaps Mason could fall for the age old trick?

Unfortunately the only trick that Mason fell for was San's deception. As soon as Mason held out his hand, Sans raised his arms and hands and brought forth a inescapable box of bones which slowly killed Mason.

hqdefault.jpg

95AbJIq.png
"Geeeeeeeeeet Dunked on! If we really were going to become friends... You won't come back." Sans exclaimed just before Mason died.

Then suddenly, something happened. Everything... Reset. Mason would find himself back at the Judgement Hall as if it never happened. Everything felt the same, from when Mason entered, to when he called out, to when Sans appeared once again, but this time his dialogue was different.

nJw7oQz.png
"Heh. You returned despite my generosity."
m0gvn0q.png
"Guess you really weren't a friend, huh?"

The battle between Mason and Sans had begun... Again.

nJw7oQz.png
"It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these... kids like you?"
m0gvn0q.png

vYhO1zw.png
Sans's right eye began to glow a bright blue as Mason would feel his soul change blue as Sans pushed him against the ground. He then sent a wave pattern of bones along the floor with a small gap for evasion, then out of nowhere, several Gaster Blasters would appear and shoot at Mason in different patterns before almost covering the entire area in blaster fire.

m0gvn0q.png
"Let's go."

Unfortunately the only trick that Mason fell for was San's deception. As soon as Mason held out his hand, Sans raised his arms and hands and brought forth a inescapable box of bones which slowly killed Mason.

hqdefault.jpg

95AbJIq.png
"Geeeeeeeeeet Dunked on! If we really were going to become friends... You won't come back." Sans exclaimed just before Mason died.

Then suddenly, something happened. Everything... Reset. Mason would find himself back at the Judgement Hall as if it never happened. Everything felt the same, from when Mason entered, to when he called out, to when Sans appeared once again, but this time his dialogue was different.

nJw7oQz.png
"Heh. You returned despite my generosity."
m0gvn0q.png
"Guess you really weren't a friend, huh?"

The battle between Mason and Sans had begun... Again.

nJw7oQz.png
m0gvn0q.png

vYhO1zw.png

m0gvn0q.png
"Let's go."

"Huh? Returned? But I just got here! I don't even know who you are!"

Mason's fairy friend appeared much sooner this time around. "Mason, follow my movement!"

The fairy guided Mason. His soul was able to dodge this first wave of Sans's attacks perfectly. Once again, the menu of options appeared.

"What is this, a video game?"

"Remember, Mason, you don't have aura," the fairy warned. With that in mind, Mason chose ACT, then checked Sans's stats.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Easiest enemy, huh? I'd hate to fight the harder ones. Hey, Sans, what the hell are you? Besides a skeleton."

"Huh? Returned? But I just got here! I don't even know who you are!"

Mason's fairy friend appeared much sooner this time around. "Mason, follow my movement!"

The fairy guided Mason. His soul was able to dodge this first wave of Sans's attacks perfectly. Once again, the menu of options appeared.

"What is this, a video game?"

"Remember, Mason, you don't have aura," the fairy warned. With that in mind, Mason chose ACT, then checked Sans's stats.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Easiest enemy, huh? I'd hate to fight the harder ones. Hey, Sans, what the hell are you? Besides a skeleton."

H9Wd7T4.png
"Heh. Don't let that little bit of information fool ya. I'm more than just an "Easy Skeleton"" Sans exclaimed as he took his attack turn now. Fast waves of bones appeared on the ground and Mason's soul was blue, meaning he was bound to gravity. Due to how fast the bones were moving, Mason had very limited windows of time to jump over each incoming group.

@Alex Azure

H9Wd7T4.png
"Heh. Don't let that little bit of information fool ya. I'm more than just an "Easy Skeleton"" Sans exclaimed as he took his attack turn now. Fast waves of bones appeared on the ground and Mason's soul was blue, meaning he was bound to gravity. Due to how fast the bones were moving, Mason had very limited windows of time to jump over each incoming group.

@Alex Azure

Mason reacted as quickly as he could. He jumped and jumped, avoiding most of the bones. However, the last wave managed to catch him, nicking off a bit of his HP.

With it clear that this skeleton wasn't going to surrender, Mason chose the next logical option: FIGHT. He charged towards Sans and tried to punch him in the face.​

Mason reacted as quickly as he could. He jumped and jumped, avoiding most of the bones. However, the last wave managed to catch him, nicking off a bit of his HP.

With it clear that this skeleton wasn't going to surrender, Mason chose the next logical option: FIGHT. He charged towards Sans and tried to punch him in the face.​
As Mason went to attack with a punch, Sans darted to the left and dodged the attack.
80f3a20fe777757c746535b85bf708b6.jpg

Y8XRa5q.png
"What? Did'ya think I was gonna stand there and take it?" Sans exclaimed as he launched another attack now. Mason's soul remained blue, but this time he would pull Mason into one of the side pillars. Then he would have a very limited window to move before a wall of bones would appear right on the wall! Sans would push him either to the left, the right, to the ceiling or to the floor for a few times before eventually stopping.

As Mason went to attack with a punch, Sans darted to the left and dodged the attack.
80f3a20fe777757c746535b85bf708b6.jpg

Y8XRa5q.png
"What? Did'ya think I was gonna stand there and take it?" Sans exclaimed as he launched another attack now. Mason's soul remained blue, but this time he would pull Mason into one of the side pillars. Then he would have a very limited window to move before a wall of bones would appear right on the wall! Sans would push him either to the left, the right, to the ceiling or to the floor for a few times before eventually stopping.

Getting thrown up, dowm, and all around left Mason disoriented. He took the brunt force of most of the attacks, leaving him with only a sliver of HP left at the end.

With one last chance to take out Sans, Mason attacked. He feinted a right punch to get Sans with a left hook.

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the hall, a young child was hiding behind a pillar. They had been in the hall from the moment Mason arrived. It appeared that this skeleton, one of the fallen child's final obstacled, could be removed. The newcomer, Mason, was getting farther in this fight with Sans. Perhaps after enough resets, the fight could be won.​

Getting thrown up, dowm, and all around left Mason disoriented. He took the brunt force of most of the attacks, leaving him with only a sliver of HP left at the end.

With one last chance to take out Sans, Mason attacked. He feinted a right punch to get Sans with a left hook.

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the hall, a young child was hiding behind a pillar. They had been in the hall from the moment Mason arrived. It appeared that this skeleton, one of the fallen child's final obstacled, could be removed. The newcomer, Mason, was getting farther in this fight with Sans. Perhaps after enough resets, the fight could be won.

Unfortunately for Mason, Sans successfully dodged both attacks and continued with his dialogue.

Y8XRa5q.png
"Our reports showed an anomaly in the space-time continuum." He exclaimed as Sans did something different this time. Several Gaster Blasts appeared and began firing in a fast pattern around Mason.

Meanwhile behind a pillar out of sight from Sans but somehow spotted by Mason, a child was there watching the battle unfold. Inside their minds, two voices were present: Frisk and Chara's.

jZuyRRZ.png

"Sans is... fighting? But who is he fighting..."
"Our final obstacle and someone else came to claim the kill... Let's see how this plays out but we'll have to interrupt soon. Let's hang back, partner =)"

@Alex Azure

Unfortunately for Mason, Sans successfully dodged both attacks and continued with his dialogue.

Y8XRa5q.png
"Our reports showed an anomaly in the space-time continuum." He exclaimed as Sans did something different this time. Several Gaster Blasts appeared and began firing in a fast pattern around Mason.

Meanwhile behind a pillar out of sight from Sans but somehow spotted by Mason, a child was there watching the battle unfold. Inside their minds, two voices were present: Frisk and Chara's.

jZuyRRZ.png

"Sans is... fighting? But who is he fighting..."
"Our final obstacle and someone else came to claim the kill... Let's see how this plays out but we'll have to interrupt soon. Let's hang back, partner =)"

@Alex Azure

"Space-Time Continuum? Rachel, isn't that your thing?" Mason asked, addressing the fairy fluttering beside him.

"Predicting the future isn't exactly the same thing. But I can't gather any information at all with the anomalies Sans is speaking of. The best I can do is keep count of our loops."

"Loops? What do you mean-"

Unfortunately, Mason's sentence was cut short as the beam from a Gaster Blaster nicked him right in the soul. He collapsed to the ground, clutching his chest. The soul that had turned blue under Sans's powers returned to a purple color. The soul left his body, shaking back and forth. It lasted for only a moment before shattering into a million pieces.

Oh my. Perhaps next reset.

"Sans! Please, don't kill him next time! I'm sure things can be dealt with peacefully..."

Frisk's face looked worried. "Should we reset and give him another shot?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Space-Time Continuum? Rachel, isn't that your thing?" Mason asked, addressing the fairy fluttering beside him.

"Predicting the future isn't exactly the same thing. But I can't gather any information at all with the anomalies Sans is speaking of. The best I can do is keep count of our loops."

"Loops? What do you mean-"

Unfortunately, Mason's sentence was cut short as the beam from a Gaster Blaster nicked him right in the soul. He collapsed to the ground, clutching his chest. The soul that had turned blue under Sans's powers returned to a purple color. The soul left his body, shaking back and forth. It lasted for only a moment before shattering into a million pieces.

Oh my. Perhaps next reset.

"Sans! Please, don't kill him next time! I'm sure things can be dealt with peacefully..."

Frisk's face looked worried. "Should we reset and give him another shot?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Hehe~ Sure. I like watching him suffer and adapt. Just like how we did every time~ =)" Chara exclaimed with an evil smile as she forced a Reset, causing the fight to happen once again as Mason reappeared in the hallway. Sans walked out once again with a new set of dialogue.

nJw7oQz.png

"Hmm, that expression... That's the expression of someone who's died twice in a row. Alright."

m0gvn0q.png

"How bout we make it a third?"

And now the battle between Mason and Sans had commenced... Again.

nJw7oQz.png

"It's a beautiful day outside..." Sans stopped there and commenced his starting attack once again which caught Mason's soul off guard, causing it to take a pinch of damage this time around. When the attack ended, Sans spoke.

m0gvn0q.png

"Got ya."

@Alex Azure

"Hehe~ Sure. I like watching him suffer and adapt. Just like how we did every time~ =)" Chara exclaimed with an evil smile as she forced a Reset, causing the fight to happen once again as Mason reappeared in the hallway. Sans walked out once again with a new set of dialogue.

nJw7oQz.png

"Hmm, that expression... That's the expression of someone who's died twice in a row. Alright."

m0gvn0q.png

"How bout we make it a third?"

And now the battle between Mason and Sans had commenced... Again.

nJw7oQz.png

"It's a beautiful day outside..." Sans stopped there and commenced his starting attack once again which caught Mason's soul off guard, causing it to take a pinch of damage this time around. When the attack ended, Sans spoke.

m0gvn0q.png

"Got ya."

@Alex Azure

"Ow! What the hell?! Died twice? What's going on here?"

2124-c303ef25027528f7ae474d5a8aab8685.jpg

Quick as last run, the fairy appeared. "Long story short: That's Sans, he killed you twice, time keeps looping and you won't remember it. Your muscle memory just might, though. Try this next attack."

The moment Gaster Blasters started appearing, Mason began to duck, weave, and dodge their laser blasts. Missing each blast by just a hair, he managed to avoid taking any more damage than Sans's surprise attack caused. With a bit more health this time, Mason reached his first turn.

"Hm... I could try ACT and talk to him," Mason pondered.

The fairy replied, "He manages to fight and talk at the same time. Don't waste a turn not fighting."

"Can't I just leave this guy alone?" Mason went in for another punch and found his fist meeting empty air. "Why are you attacking me in the first place, Sans?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Ow! What the hell?! Died twice? What's going on here?"

2124-c303ef25027528f7ae474d5a8aab8685.jpg

Quick as last run, the fairy appeared. "Long story short: That's Sans, he killed you twice, time keeps looping and you won't remember it. Your muscle memory just might, though. Try this next attack."

The moment Gaster Blasters started appearing, Mason began to duck, weave, and dodge their laser blasts. Missing each blast by just a hair, he managed to avoid taking any more damage than Sans's surprise attack caused. With a bit more health this time, Mason reached his first turn.

"Hm... I could try ACT and talk to him," Mason pondered.

The fairy replied, "He manages to fight and talk at the same time. Don't waste a turn not fighting."

"Can't I just leave this guy alone?" Mason went in for another punch and found his fist meeting empty air. "Why are you attacking me in the first place, Sans?"

@Raynar Saassin

Sans paused for a moment after he asked that question and simply responded with empty sockets.

m0gvn0q.png

"Playing innocent aren't you? Hoping I'd give you Mercy? Well that's not what happened to my brother. He was sparing, and he got back-stabbed and killed. You have a sick sense of humour." He exclaimed as he sent another volley of bones towards him.

Meanwhile back at the back of the Hall:

"Hehe~ =) He's referring to poor old Papyrus. When he spared us, we killed him~! And then curb-stomped his face~ =)"

@Alex Azure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back