Ame Damnee Median Oasis

M

Meliodas

Residing on the midpoint of the desert, this oasis signals the halfway point for any traveler to their destination. While its luscious plant life and refreshing cool water signals a safe haven, it’s home to many a dangerous creature as well.

Cerberus Coyotes (Three headed), Honey Badgers, Demon Jack Rabbits

(Credit to jrusso20)

Anariel
Median Oasis
Underground

It had been a few days of simple travel when Anariel felt the shift in the tunnel. It was no longer flat, but rising slowly. As she neared the end, the walls became ever-more damp, liquid trickling in at the slowest pace. After so long under the ground, with only her wings to light her way, the sight of sunlight streaming in though the exit was a warm relief to the archangel. She was a creature tied to such glory, and it would be refreshing to bathe in the light of the sun again.

She finally climbed out of the tunnel, which ended in a rather messy spray of mud and debris where it rooted back up through the surface, and was surprised to find herself in one of the many oases that dotted the Desert of Pain. She hadn't realized which direction the tunnel had traveled, but now that she was out in the fresh air once more, she knew where it had been headed towards.

Oblitus.

She knew little of the settlement, only that it was forlorn and kept quiet about, for reasons she'd never bothered to ask after in New Eden. It had never been a pertinent location during the war, as the desert's fauna was more than capable of reducing any army sent in to nothing more than cravens and worse. It was an inhospitable as things got, the desert, save to the angels and demons who could simply traverse it by flight. She stretched out her wings, easing a small amount of soreness from them from the days she'd spent in the tunnel.

"Ah, it is good to see your light once more, Aditi. Praise be to you, and let me bask in your glory as I was made to do." As she finished her words, Anariel shot into the air, relishing in the purity and freedom that was flying. She not only let it relax her, but also ease her body back into a comfortable state. She drew in the light and channeled small portions of it throughout herself, healing her aches and pains.

After no more than a few minutes airborne, Anariel returned to the ground, intent on continuing to track her quarry. It still had the Cradle, and she still didn't know what it was. All she'd seen so far, in terms of enemies, was the golem she'd dispatched before chasing the tunnel's length.

Abraham - Median Oasis

Stepping through the portal Raziel had made, Abraham found himself within the Median Oasis of the Desert of Pain. The Lycan had always loved the Desert of Pain, within its harsh landscape resided some of the hardest wildlife to kill, and Abraham always loved a challenge. He looked down to find his chaperone tussling with a Jack Rabbit, he proceeded to pick the Rabbit up and snap its neck effortlessly. "You better hope your powers extend outside of your little prison. Else I'll be free to do as I please once you die."

He was about to let out a mighty cackle when his nose picked up a familiar scent. One he had not sensed in many centuries. As he looked into the sky, he indeed saw who he thought he would see. The Ethereal Anariel, basking within the sun's rays. He smiled again, Anariel was always his third favorite angel from the old days. Lilith and Alexander were far more fun since they shared his rebellious streak, but Anariel was a warrior and Abraham could always respect a warrior. She was at least far better than that stick in the mud Rythe and that goodie two shoes Uriel.

As she landed across the pool from the two of them Abraham saw an opportunity to greet his old friend. Leaping across the pool he landed right in front of the armor clad angel. He towered over her, but he knew that it wasn't size that mattered. "It's been a long time Anariel." He snarled at her. "Tell me, what is one of New Eden's famed Ethereal doing so far away from home?"

Raziel, played by Meliodas

Median Oasis
“I swear to holy hell that if you keep running your mouth, I’m going to put you in an infinite time loop, stuck licking your balls until your tongue turns blue!” Raziel was just seconds from letting Abraham have it, but before he got the chance, there was an equally unsettling vision in their midst. The Ethereal, Anariel. “Great. Envoys, Ethereal… what’s next? Maybe Aditi and Lucifer could show up, and we can all have one great big singalong where hopefully they put me out of my misery.” Truly, Raziel was beyond ever being happy. He was as miserable as could be, and he’d only been back on Terrestria for less than a minute.

“And why are we in the Aditi damn desert? I could have sworn this spot was nicer the last time I was here.”

Anariel
Median Oasis
Aboveground

Anariel lifted her gaze at the sound of the cackle, watching the shape leap through the air. She reacted by instinct, pulling her blade from its sheath and taking a fighter's stance before realizing who it was. Upon that realization, she stood more straight, and let the blade's tip dip towards the sand, ensuring it didn't injure Abraham when he landed.

"It has been a long time indeed, Abraham," she responded calmly, though a portion of her was just now rising to the state of battle lust, and it was tougher for her to fight back than she would have expected. "As for my business here in the desert, that is my own counsel to keep. Let me simply say that I am hunting a beast on unknown sorts for theft of things best left undisturbed." It would be more than obvious, if nothing else, what she meant by the object it had stolen. After all, what sorts of things would Ethereals and Envoys refer to in such a manner.

"What brings you out here, Abraham? I would have thought you would have found yourself in Abaddon, what with all the commotion I heard before taking my leave. I figured you would have been on the front lines once more, fangs bared and claws ripping into the body of whatever beast thought it a prudent idea to attack your...city." Her pause was noticeable, showing her disdain of the city for what it was. She looked up at the Lycan for a moment, smiling in a knowing way, before noticing the man on the far side of the pool nearby.

"And you brought a friend to this desolate place?" she asked, almost amused.

Abraham - Median Oasis

The sight of Anariel's sword made him lust for combat and he knew Anariel would be the best challenge he could get on Terrestria, but alas, the angel would probably whisk him back to that boring island if he tried anything funny, so he played the social game instead. "Now, now, no need for that blade Anariel. As much as I would love to spar with you right now, that one over there would probably have a conniption." Indicating to his ranting chaperone.

After hearing of her mission his eyes grew dark, there was only one object she could be referring to. "I see. So those apathetic morons couldn't even guard the Daemon's Cradle? How far Abaddon must have fallen in my absence." He shook his head pitifully, noticing her confusion he smirked. "Oh, did you not know? Really Anariel you must come out of the skies more often. I left Lillith and Alexander behind centuries ago. Too complacent for my tastes, I'm sure you can understand." She was a warrior after all, every warrior new what the lust for battle could do if left neglected.

Suddenly an idea entered his mind. "It occurs to me, Anariel, that we have an opportunity on our hands. Despite my loathing for that city, you and I are both in agreement that the Cradle should not be tampered with. I'm sure you remember how good of a hunter I am. So why don't we assist one another in searching for the thief? It will be just like old times. That is if Father Time over there can keep his wits about him for more than five seconds."

Median Oasis
Father time. He detested that title, one in which mankind had bestowed upon his likeness centuries ago in their feeble small-minded attempts to explain the mere fact of his existence. As an angel, he was young, vibrant... well, maybe not vibrant. “Wits? I’ll have you know that I’m the last person anyone wants to run into. You stupid Envoys… Ethereal… and your sense of self-entitlement! Nothing but glorified messengers. Scapegoats cast down here to clean up a mess you have no hope of solving on your own.” They knew so little.

“I bet you two don’t know what the Daemon’s Cradle even does!” Raziel may have said too much. While he may be the ‘Angel of Time,’ another title he went by was the ‘Keeper of Secrets.’ Nonetheless, it wasn’t his place to say much on the topic since he was bound by laws that transcended even him. “How did they even find that confounded thing? It was meant to be a secret.” He seemed to lack some common knowledge in light of his exile on the Floating Isle of Chronos – and yet appeared to know more than most at the same time.

Anariel
Median Oasis
Outside

The archangel slid the bronze sword back into its scabbard, relaxing slightly. They weren't here for a fight, and despite his forward mention of a desire to spar, she knew what would happen. They would stalemate after a few heavy blows, her taking wing to evade his dangerous natural potential, if it came to combat, and the are they fought in would be ruined. After all, they'd fought before.

"Your offer is generous, and perhaps eventually we can organize a safe situation to perform such a display for what I suspect would be a veritable horde of onlookers.I am surprised, though I understand the why of it, to hear that you left them behind. They could not entertain the mighty Wolf of War, hm?" She chuckled ever so softly and looked over at Raziel. Her blue eyes widened slightly when he realized who he was.

"The Keeper of Secrets strides Terrestria, and greater things are afoot in the lands around him." She frowned, then continued. "You being here fills my mind with too many thoughts of ancient prophecy coming true, Raziel. I do not find it much to my liking, but I was never in a position to question your duties. As for what it does, I have a thought about the power of the Cradle, as well as the Plume, though I am uncertain of the veracity of such thoughts. I assume you are as unlikely as ever to divulge such information." She shook her head, choosing to not let herself react too strongly to the angel's insults, and looked back at Abraham.

"Hunt the thief, hm? I see no reason why we cannot ally ourselves in this. After all, if the Cradle is capable of what I think, then it is not something either Abaddon or New Eden would desire to be in the hands of an enemy. That being said, I would like to be the one to return the Cradle, as a show of good faith. I suspect that, due to my presence in the city at the time of it's theft, that I may be blamed for the loss of the Cradle, and I have no desire to pit myself against both Aeriseth and Alexander alone." She shifted her wings, standing up a bit more straight, and flapped the smaller pair ever so slightly to cool herself off.

Last edited:
Abraham - Median Oasis

As Raziel mentioned not knowing what the Cradle does, Abraham looked at him, fury in his eyes. He stalked over to the tiny angel and snarled. "Why in the hell would Lucifer trust you with that information and not me?!" He almost grabbed the angel by the neck, but kept himself restrained so as not to worry Anariel. Grunting in frustration he turned back to the Ethereal. "So we have an accord then, Satan's Wrath and the legendary Songbird. Truly we are a force to be reckoned with. You can take the Cradle back to Abaddon, as entertaining as a war would be, the last thing I need is those two 'Envoys' dragging me back into their affairs."

He looked at Raziel again. "Extend the timer Raziel. We find the thief and then I'll head back to Chronos satisfied. Deal?"

Median Oasis
Raziel wouldn’t utter even a word of what he did or didn’t know, so he didn’t acknowledge Abraham or Anariel’s bantering about the matter. “Well, whatever we do, let’s just get out of this god forsaken desert! Maybe you should carry me, Abraham. We wouldn’t want me to get tired, else I might not have enough juice in the tank to get us back to the isle.” It would be quite a trek through the desert (at least a few days) before they reached their destination. Granted, they could have flown in half the time, but unfortunately, Abraham didn’t have that luxury afforded to him. On the other hand, Raziel could teleport, yet he didn’t have a clue as to where they were headed nor was he that keen on lending either of them a hand.

“The quicker we wrap this up, the quicker I can get off this rock. No wonder I left. Nothing but sand… and then you two. A palm tree has more bark than Abraham over here.”

Anariel
Median Oasis
Outside

Anariel sighed at the petulance of Raziel. She'd never been fond of things after the war was ended, but she'd at least learned to cope. He, it seemed, had simply left, turning his mood ever more sour.

"Woe be unto those who stand in our path, Abraham. When we are finished with this quest, there are matters I desire to discuss with you. Assuming you have the time." She smiled softly, then lifted her larger wings above herself, providing a cool spot of shade to walk in.

"Shall we be off, then? I rely on your expertise at this point, Abraham. Hopefully you have not lost your touch."

Abraham - Median Oasis

Abraham raised an eyebrow at Anariel's request. "If that one over there can stand to be away from his precious island for long enough, we can discuss whatever you'd like." As she raised her wings he cackled. "Lost my touch? Who do you think I am, Alexander?" He shifted into his wolf form. Even on four legs, Abraham still reached Anariel's shoulders. Growling at Raziel he stuck his nose in the sand, searching for a scent.

After a minute of searching, he picked up the scent of a being he'd never observed before. Following the hint of a scent to the edge of the oasis he found its origin, a footprint in the sand. This thief had covered his tracks well when in the Oasis, but their footprints were left in a clear line into the desert. He sniffed the footprint to imprint the thief's scent in case the tracks ended. Beckoning with his head for the two angels to follow him he took off deeper into the Desert of Pain.

Median Oasis
Up to his boots in sand, Raziel trudged forward, less than enthused as the sun beat down on them. If he didn’t know any better, he was baking to a crisp and was going to be served over a bed of rice before their little journey came to an end. On second thought, Abraham would have probably liked that. “God dammit! Doesn’t this fucking desert know it’s supposed to be WINTER?! Hotter than Aditi’s twat out here.” He probably could have been more tasteful with his words, but what did he care?

“Hey, you two see that?” From a distance, it almost looked like a mirage. A big, drooling three-headed dog which had their sights squarely on… him!

Anariel
Median Oasis
Into the sands

Anariel followed Abraham without complaint, keeping her wings up to shade herself from the sun's harsh rays. If nothing else, having her upper wings lifted above her head and her lower wings lifted slightly off her body did wonders for keeping her cool in hot weather like this. Her footsteps were sure in the shifting sand, however, as with each step she used a very small fraction of her magical potential to manipulate the grains into a more solid footing with sound waves. It had taken her years, decades even, to come up with the idea, and easily the same again to perfect the technique, but to her it was as if she were walking on solid ground.

"So," she said, turning to Raziel. "When did you get kicked from the Heavens, or did you come by choice? It's not often someone of your-" She cut off as he made mention of the shape in the distance. For a moment, she thought that her eyes were seeing a duplicate of Abraham, but the she realized just how much larger the beast was than the Lycan. She stopped walking for a moment, letting the realization wash over her.

With a savage yell, she drew forth her blade, the bronze shining almost joyfully in the bright sun above. She snapped her wings down forcefully, propelling her forward to get her sprinting before taking wing. Once in the air, she skimmed low to the ground, firing up a single orb of violet light to alert Abraham if he hadn't noticed already, headed towards the beast with all the fury she could muster.

This beast was in her way, and woe be unto it.

Abraham - Oasis Outskirts

Abraham had taken the lead, ahead of both angels by a few yards, yet close enough for his highly attuned ears to pick up on their conversation. He had smelled the beast coming before Raziel had said anything, approaching their direction was one of the fearsome beasts of the Desert of Pain. The Cerberus Coyote. One of the first beasts he encountered when he left Abaddon all those centuries ago. He'd been foolish enough back then to underestimate the monster and face it in his human form, he wouldn't make that mistake again.

Growling at the Coyote in his Wolf form, trying to intimidate the beast into fleeing, they began to circle each other. It was then that he heard Anariel's war cry. Seeing the songbird in flight towards them, Abraham jumped back, readying himself to charge the beast and gore it on his horns if Anariel required assistance. He doubted she would, but why let her have all the fun?

Median Oasis
If Raziel was guilty of anything, it was the sin of sloth as he sat back, yawning and stretching his arms out as the pair went after the beast. Had anyone not known any better, you would think this was the first time either of them had seen any action in a millennium. The worst thing anyone could do however was underestimate Raziel. He had a mean strike; power at his back the likes of which should not be taken lightly.

As they rushed the beast, Raziel instantly grew tired of the spectacle. Snapping his fingers, the beast came to a stop, frozen in time with its three tongues hanging loosely out of its mouth – ears perked, teeth bare. “Really? I didn’t know this was a dog fight… literally.” Dragging his feet through the sand, he approached the beast. “Now that you two are done with your pissing contest, can we get going?” Raziel had to admit to himself. Anariel seemed to have more balls than Abraham did.

They would still need to trek through The Dunes of Nemesis if they were ever to reach the southern province of Hgronia, which is where the Daemon's Cradle would make berth.

Aeriseth
The Median Oasis

Aeriseth frowned as Alex drew away from her. "You're not fun Alex!" she said with a tease. "Do you even know the direction we are headed in? Something tells me we should be weary..." she stated as she continued to head toward the Median Oasis.

The group had been walking for what felt like an eternity with the hot beating sun pouring down upon them. The sky was clear with no threat of clouds for miles around; the desert had not seen rain in centuries. Anything that could survive in the cruel environment of the desert was a cause for concern and one that would be best avoided but it was difficult for the tired traveler not to approach the Median Oasis. The oasis, the beacon of hope in a sandy graveyard, was the only location with any water and green life. How it survived was a mystery in itself; making it that more dangerous. As Aeriseth saw the image of the plant life and the water come into view, she felt relief. She was not only thirsty but the image of the Oasis meant that they were halfway. "Finally..." she said.

Chandra Eclav
The Median Oasis

Chandra walked without having to hide her face against the harsh sand due to the shield Lila summoned. She was thankful? for the help but at the same time, didn't care. She kept quiet for most of the walk, questioning what she was doing, where she was going, and why she was doing it. When the Oasis came into view she sighed heavily, relief? "Thank god. I could use a drink of water," she stated, becoming a bit irritated by the adventure she had decided to join.

The dark elf was beginning to feel... empty. It would be a cause of concern in the near future and she would be searching for a way to satisfy her thirst once again.

Alexander- Median Oasis
Alexander could only shake his head at Aeriseth, not being able to help the smile nor relief he felt from the oasis coming into view. By the gods, he felt the need for water, so much so he almost missed Aeriseth's question. "What? Oh, we have to keep heading in the path of the flames. It will lead us to whatever the hell is going on and the direction it took was straight ahead of us, so we can only keep going straight. Plus, you should feel weary, I know you know those flames, Aeriseth." He sighed as they finally reached the oasis.

Lila Nender-Median Oasis
Lila felt the shield drop as soon as they reached the oasis, the blue fading away and the sword stopped glowing. Looking around, she was amazed that an area like this survived out in the monstrous desert. She looked up at the Envoys wondering if they were going to keep going or rest for a moment, she felt everyone could use it. The desert is harsh, she learned as she looked down at her bare feet, feeling them burn from the hot sand underneath. Man, she should have kept her shoes. Looking back up, she smiled at the sight of water and all but ran over. "Eddie, there's water! Oh thank the stars!" She felt thirsty, though water wasn't what she really needed. She had been trying to ignore the scents that came from everyone as much as she could but it was getting very hard to do so.

Eddie Toorn - Median Oasis

He felt relief wash over him as they finally made it to the Median Oasis. On his first trip through the desert, this place had been a godsend, almost like Lucifer himself was giving you the sign of approval, a little ray of hope that you were about to reach his city. He let the smile grow on his face as Lila pulled him along to the waters edge. Kneeling down, he cupped the water in his hand and took a drink, it felt like ice running down his throat, a welcome reprieve from the blistering heat.

He looked over to Lila, who also seemed to be enjoying the water and just stared for a moment, she was just so damn beautiful. He caught himself in the act and returned to gulping down water before taking a step back under the shade of a tree to escape the heat, inviting Lila to come join him. "Worst part is over now. If we rest up for a bit, we might be able to make it through the desert by sundown. Must say it's a lot more fun traveling through Oblitus with company." He said to her with a wink.

Aeriseth
The Median Oasis

Aeriseth paid no attention to the others and simply followed after Alexander, contemplating what he said. You know I know the flames, do you, Alexander? There is so little that you do know, my sweet, sweet man. The succubus looked away from the water and toward the direction the flames went, she knew very well that they were to follow them but what she was asking Alexander was if he knew where they lead. Aeriseth shook her head slightly at her own thought, how would he know where they lead when she didn't? Her attention returned to the Oasis, she stared upon its crystal clear waters and lost herself in how they webbed against the sand. Aeriseth's eyes turned slightly pink as she lifted her hand and moved her fingers as if she was playing a piano; water droplets began to rise from the Oasis and danced toward Aeriseth. Lady Death formed a bowl with her hands as she caught the water now falling out of the sky. The woman drank gingerly from her hand and sighed with relief as she finished every drop. She knew that they wouldn't be able to rest long even though the group she was with was clearly exhausted but their impending doom was casting a shadow on her carefree attitude. "We shouldn't stay long, so drink up, take a moment, and we are going again."

Chandra Eclav
The Median Oasis

Chandra watched as Lila, Eddie, and the Envoys settled in next to the Oasis, enjoying its cold waters. The dark elf sighed, turning her attention to the group of vultures in the distance that were clearly fighting over the remnants of a creature. Chandra wondered how the creature died, all living things in the desert were adept to its harsh environment. Something must of killed it, but what? The woman walked toward the group, kneeling to cup a sip of water before speaking aloud. "There's a dead creature over there, we can only assume that someone has been through here and killed it. These animals wouldn't die by the environment alone here, they are hardened to the elements."

Chandra stood from her position, listening to Aeriseth explaining that they would be leaving soon again. Why are we in such a rush? "Are we chasing down whomever has crossed this desert? If so, they have left a trail..." she stated as she pointed toward the swarming birds. "I'm OK with going, this place is boring me already. When do we get to have some fun?"

Back