Akashic Arcana Meeting: The Student principle and the Scorcher.

OmegaRper42

Arbiter of light and dark.
Amanda Kay, or as commonly known by the student body as Ruby the Scorcher was casually walking to the Presidents office. Or as casually as it was to someone that was feared by most of the student body, the fearful looks, the dodging of eye contact, the beads of sweat, hell some even dropped on their knees and begged her not to kill them. Possibly some she had 'fought' last year were the ones that dropped to their knees a case of PTSD possibly kicking in from the mear sight of her brilliance; She did not smirk nor did she frown, all she did was have a look of utter calmness on her face. To some, it would look as if a monarch or a goddess had descended from their thrown deciding to humor her subjects with just her mear presence.

If she wasn't so feared many would be no doubt trying to get her hand in marriage on just her looks alone. Despite some being turned off by the raven black dress with red bled into it, her long slender hour-glass figure was the envy of nearly all the woman in the academy, everything was shaped just perfectly her waist up to her breasts were a sight to behold for those bold enough to look through it was clear genetic as well as training had sculpted her body into something matching the Greeks ideas of Aphrodite, her skin shined like fine porcelain especially around her shoulders and beautiful face, her eyes were an exotic pink almost like she had Rose quart's for eyes, lastly her brilliant crimson hair that flowed down to her back. Everything about her from an onlooker would seem perfect.

Inside however, Ruby was just anything but. Annoyed, curious, and a little bit angry could best describe the spices of emotion that filled her. Seems like even after being strong-armed into retaking her battle exam yesterday wasn't enough. Noooooo Apparently the wicked bitch of the east had to make it her mission to make Ruby's life here miserable; But then again, what more did she expect from a homunculus?

Reaching the room where her fate would be decided, Ruby reached for the door not even bothering knocking first. The creaking of the door was the only sound in the room everything else seemed to stand still when Ruby's eyes met the Student body President's, one could almost feel the tension rising. The first one to make any sort of interaction was, of course, Ruby as she floated her ORB on the tip of her index finger, the image flashing on showing the message she got. "Let me guess the exam wasn't enough?" She deadpanned while taking a seat on the admittedly comfy sofa. "Come on let's get this show on the road I did have plans for today you know. One simply docent gain my sort of skills from just laying about."

Last edited:
When Ruby entered the Student Council's Office, she was met by the gaze of the homunculus she loathed. Those ghostly blue that stared at her very being. It is not an uncommon thing to hate Homunculus, after all, they are artificially made human weapons. For those who met a Homunculus contracted to the Federation Army, they were met by dread. The Homunculus were soulless machines that only obey orders. And they carried them out with no mercy. A monster like Viktoriya's breed wouldn't even flinch before killing a child, woman, or man. However, Viktoriya was different as she had a mind of her own, perhaps even a soul. Yet it did not change the fact that the Homunculi are still viewed as weapons.

"Amanda Kay, or would you rather be called Ruby? Such a pretty name, yet, its meaning is something else entirely." She looked disappointed at Ruby, it was the way she looked at her, and the way her voice dropped in pitch by the end of a sentence. Viktoriya slowly pushed herself up from her chair before she stepped up in front of Ruby.

"Are you sure you want that Ruby? Get the show on the road? I have enough evidence, cases, witnesses, to expel you without appeal from Arcadia Academy. And after I finish the report, you won't be able to enter another Academy, Ruby. Your future as a mage will be over. Even before the entire world, we have the voice log as well. The reason you weren't punished was that it was viewed as self-defense, yet, on the voice recordings, you instigated the whole ordeal. The family of that child is still pressing for charges against you."

Viktoriya glared towards Ruby, she was not happy in the slightest. "I am afraid not even forcing you to take another year will improve your standings. We are beyond that." Viktoriya held out her ORB, a small holographic interface showing Ruby's expelling papers.

"All it needs is my holo-signature, and you are gone. So choose your words wisely, Ms. Kay."

Ruby's eyes widen and then turned into a glare that could cut steel at the ultimatum Viktoriya gave. The first instinct she had was to lash out at the president for even daring to have the guts to threaten her. She was one of the best mage's they had not only in fighting prowess but in grades, how could this. This. Puppet! take away all she had accomplished!.... Yet even in her rage she found a small voice calling out stopping her. 'I want to be like my big sister and be the best!' That small omnipresent voice rang out in her mind, making the inferno that was her rage cool off to a soft boil. At that, she let out a small almost non-existent sigh, her glare fading into a neutral expression. Like it or not this was her President and she had full authority to follow thru with her threat, and that was something Ruby had to avoid at all costs 'Only for you Peter....'. The lawsuit was, in truth something she expected but yet didn't expect. Though the way this Homunculus put things felt, off. Though she wouldn't mention it if it didn't come up again.

"I would prefer being called Ruby..." Her tone was respectful yet held a small bit of spite, it was the tone she more than often took with her guardian Eliza. This was the best this tin can was getting like it or not. Rubies intense glare started to fade as her body language soften into a more presentable and civil manner. "Pardon me if I sound, presumptuous for asking but. Since you haven't already signed that I'm guessing you had something else in mind?" It would be a miracle if at the end of the day Ruby didn't blow up the whole damned island.

Viktoriya wasn't oblivious to Ruby's glare. If anything, she could almost sense her seething anger, masked behind a cool exterior as an act of self-preservation. Vikki still wondered why this student should remain, her academics may be spotless, but was she about to allow a girl like Ruby represent Arcadia's very best? The board has her back in expelling Ms. Kay, but something told her that this girl had potential. Just her personality was rotten to the core. But how does one straighten her out?

"I do. Ruby, consider yourself conscripted into the Student Council, and at the same time challenged to a Tentatio Sanguis by myself." Vikki was good at her job. The rule clearly states that a Student Council member cannot be challenged by non-council students. She also had the ability to choose whoever she wanted into the council and dismiss them immediately.

"Should you reject, I'll see that you are expelled at this moment."

Ruby almost doubled over, her rage quickly turned into confusion. "Wha?" Though It only took but a moment to process what exactly Vikki just said. She challenged Ruby to a duel in the hopes of 'humbling her'. "So I either fight the President of the school or say my goodbyes to the peanut gallery?" Her hair and eyes instantly changed to silver, this was fair! She expected something more labor induced and disgraceful. Possibly cleaning the toilets around campus for as long as she was a student. Thank god it wasn't that. She could barely hold in her excitement back, finally, she could see what the fruits of her training had produced, test her limits. And as a bonus kick the tar out of this Manican.

"I Ruby the scorcher, humbly accept your terms.... Though I feel compelled to ask. Will there be further punishment after all is said and done?" She still kept the respectful tone to be on the safe side but some excitement and a bit of passion came out.

"EXCUSE YOU?!!!" Both girls heard a familiar voice shouting at them. When they turned and looked, they could see the Secretary of the Student Council, Xena Saihara, glaring daggers at Viktoriya from just outside her office. She'd been standing outside, ready to intercede and protect her girlfriend in case Ruby tried anything, but this was about the last straw for her. She stomped into the room and gave Vikki a good whack upside the head.

"You idiot! Are you trying to get yourself killed?! You know fire is your one weakness!!" She ranted in full view of Ruby. She slammed her fist on the desk and turned to look at the Scorcher lightning exuding from her eyes. "I'm substituting myself in place of my dumbass girlfriend. You will be dueling me, non-negotiable. Are we clear?"

Viktoriya's cool exterior was broken in an instant the moment Xena appeared like a raging thunderstorm. "Excuse me?... Xena, this is part of my-" Without getting a chance to finish her sentence, Vikki was smashed at the back of her head by Xena, causing the girl to almost crash to the ground, yet, she somehow managed to find her balance and remain standing. Vikki looked down, she didn't even look up as that hit actually hurt her feelings. And the fact that Xena yelled out her weakness caused Vikki to look up at her partner with annoyance. "Would you like a microphone to announce that to the world?"

However, when Xena offered herself in her stead, Viktoriya was in quite a bind, but then again. If they went by the rules, a Student Council President's Secretary would always take her place in combat or duels. And not until the Secretary is defeated, no one had the right to challenge the SCP.

"It seems... like Ms. Saihara has reminded me of certain rules when it comes to duels." She expressed a soft sigh before looking towards Xena. "I am afraid I won't be able to duel you, Ruby. However, it seems like Ms. Saihara will take this on herself. And to further explain your situation. If you beat Ms. Saihara, you will be given a chance to remain. Furthermore, you'll be given a less degrading form of regulation, to make sure you won't stray from our values. If Ms. Saihara defeats you, Ruby. You will join the Student Council." There was something ominous about that last threat. It didn't sound like one, but certainly, Ruby wouldn't want to lose.

The moment the third voice rang out Ruby's expression changed yet again, resembling a deer caught in headlights. Not so much out of fear, rather it was because of the suddenness of this..... Lady's? Involvement in something she really had no business in. If anything she looked like a coal miner, who just got a bad tattoo job while he was drunk on paint thinners.

"You idiot! Are you trying to get yourself killed?! You know fire is your one weakness!!"

With the subtlety of a sledgehammer with a stick of TNT tied to it. Oh, wait! now she remembered who this tart was! Raijin, The warrior princess, Xena. The Schools Secretary and also apparently lover to the President. Ewwwww that was something she could have gone without knowing, her face visibly scrunched up at the image in her head. She didn't care if they were really a couple, sure she did not swing that way, but she didn't care if two Women got together it was just the idea that this man-lady and a walking manikin were making out. And apparently having a lover quarrel over who gets to fight her. 'Please god don't let them have a thing for me!!'

Her eyes constantly went to one than the other, feeling the need to either sneak past both of them so they can work this out. Or blow a hole in the wall so she can make like a banana and split out of this melting pot of awkward couples dispute! However, fate was apparently drunk today as it turns out that a new challenger Approaches and that was Xena. The president then made it very clear that in order to save her pride Ruby must beat this person in Tentatio Sanguis. "Look I'll fight the devil himself if it means I can get out of here right now." She was still excited about the fight but it was obvious in her tone that Ruby was starting to feel very uncomfortable being between these two.

"Glad you understand the situation, Amanda." She threw out Ruby's true name in revenge for the obviously disgusted look she gave when Xena mentioned that her and Vikki were a couple. "Meet me in the coliseum tonight. Viktoriya will be one of our proctors. Don't be late or I'll make sure you regret it."

Waiting for Ruby to leave the room, she turned back to Vikki. "What the hell were you thinking?! Were you planning on throwing on your armored form and pray that her needles didn't pierce you? I'll fuckin' use a megaphone and scream your weakness out to the whole school if it means that I can stop you from picking a fight you know you cant win." She yelled. Before sighing and offering a hand to help Viktoriya up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you so hard. You just really scared me for a moment there." She admitted, looking away embarrassed at the way she'd acted.

"Go on Ruby. We'll see you tonight." She spoke in a soft-tone towards the girl before allowing her to leave. Whenever she did, however, Viktoriya turned her attention towards her partner. When Xena more or less figured out her approach to deal with fire, and the flaw in her plans. Vikki couldn't help but sigh in defeat. "I admit, my plan did have a flaw... And in any case... I guess I did deserve it."

Viktoriya offered Xena a soft gentle smile before placing a warm hand on her cheek. She offered Xena a soft gentle touch before gradually taking back her hand. "You have just gotten yourself into a mess yourself you know? They don't call her Scorcher just for fun. She is an A-Rank Mage in her own right."

"Glad you understand the situation, Amanda." Ruby Was just outside the door when she heard that, damned name being spoken to her. It was a dirty name, a cursed name... A named drenched in blood and despair. Something that could stop the Scorcher dead in her tracks and actually send shivers up her spine. She wasn't Amanda! She didn't want to be Amanda! She didn't want to be that same helpless girl that just stood there as her family.....

Ruby Spun on the tips of her toes in a manner you would see a ballerina perform, she faced Xena and Viktoria with a sweet smile.... Yet none could feel any warmth or joy coming off it. One could feel something though, and it was something that no one not even the two women in the room could ever expect to feel from the Scorcher. A cold bitterness and a feeling of crushing self-loathing. "It's Ruby." She said almost sing-songly the pitch in her tone taking on an almost predatory edge to it. In fact her eyes flashed a ghostly silver, her pupils in that instant looked almost like they were a jungle cats ready to consume their prey. "Try to remember that." Ruby closing the door echoed through the room, the sound was piercing and ominous, seeming to get louder yet also more distant the more it closed. "By the way." Ruby's stuck her face in the room with that same empty smile on her face. "A little piece of advice.... Don't fuck with me or you're going to get burned." With that she closed the door and made her way. Her foot-step echoing through the sterile colored hall, her fist clenched so tight that blood started to trickle out of her palm, she chanted in a hushed tone her mental fortification spell more out of habit than anything else. Her emotion returned to normal shortly after her. Her palm would be healed when she got back to her apartment like it never happened... but her scars were something no magic could erase.

There was such a sharp shift in Ruby's demeanor, the look in her eyes unnaturally cold. It struck the Secretary that there must be more to the woman changing her name to Ruby than she had originally thought. She made a mental note to not call her Amanda again, not because she was afraid of Ruby, but because no one deserved to have their past wounds reopened intentionally. She savored Vikki's touch on her cheek, thankful that she wasn't mad.

"Better me than you." She said matter of factly before booping Vikki on the nose. She went and leaned against a wall, letting her body relax and distress before speaking again. "What's the goal here? Do you really think putting her on the student council will sort out her issues? I know it sort of worked for me, but I was nowhere near as bad as she is right now, even in my early and angriest days."

Viktoriya couldn't help but just blush with a faint pink hue on her cheeks as she looked into Xena's eyes. A very faint shimmer of vulnerability emerged within her, but was quickly extinguished from the mention of what to do with Ruby.

"Either reform her or she is going to be expelled. The girl has no love for my kind or nation, can't blame her for that either." Vikki frowned slightly before folding her arms under her chest. She seemed rather tense.

"She only respect strength, like a certain someone did back in her days." She gave Xena a knowing grin. "Within the council, she can challenge either of us to her heart's content, and we'll see if the girl can handle responsibility. As an old saying goes, do not give a man money so he can feed himsel, but teach him how to fish."

Vikki stepped over to grab her ORB from the table. She opened it and began to check its content absent mindly. "So, for the sake of a Mage with great potential, beat her hard and make her remember that the world is a big place."

A predatory grin appeared on Xena's face at Viktoriya's final words. It was almost like she knew a secret that no one else did. She nodded to her lover and let out a dark chuckle. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to give her a wake up call that she'll never forget."

FIN

Back