CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The Mentor Team
The Mentor Team
What is a Mentor? A Mentor in a simple sentence is a steward to our community. Each and every member of the Mentor team represents the spirit and motivation to foster the growth and development of Storyteller's Circle, and to provide our users with a healthy and supportive environment.
What are the responsibilities of a Mentor? It is the responsibility of the Mentor team to ensure the optimal experience for our users through any number of community support initiatives. No one Mentor is expected to accomplish every angle of this personally, but instead we aim to maintain a full team of well-rounded individuals who compliment one another's skill sets and interests to ensure all angles are covered by the team as a whole.
Are there any rules that Mentors need to follow? A Mentor is expected to uphold not only the letter of our rules, but the spirit of them as well. They are role models and as such held to a higher standard of conduct than a standard user. This is especially true regarding our rules on respect. One of the most crucial aspects of the Mentor Team is maintaining an unwavering patience with helping users of all types. They must be prepared to handle difficult and at times frustrating situations with understanding and tolerance. Differences in roleplay styles and beliefs must be respected at all times (a Mentor offers their services to guide others, but does not force those services upon others), and users who struggle to learn new things should be treated always with patience.
What sort of things should Mentors be doing? The following is a list of key Mentor expectations that are crucial to drawing in and retaining new users:
- Meet-and-greet with new and returning members that post in the Welcome Center. Forming personal connections and friendships with new users is of the utmost importance to ensuring they have a reason to remain on our site.
- Be familiar with the ins and outs of the forums and its active RPs. The best way to provide timely assistance and recommendations to new users is to be familiar with what's going on around the site.
- Guide new members around the site. Integrating into a new community can be intimidating. Getting them familiar with our site mechanics can help them feel more comfortable.
- Recommend appropriate roleplays to new users according to interests, and offer to get them in contact with GMs. A lot of new arrivals can find it daunting to approach established roleplays. Be the ice breaker for them.
- Help new users with starting their own roleplays. Sometimes we just don't have a roleplay available that suits a new users interest. Offer to personally help get their roleplay idea coverage and attention, and offer assistance with getting it setup if they wish.
- Help assess situations in which players feel as if their roleplays are dying or lacking activity.
- Report to the moderators any behavioral concerns that could negatively impact the community.
- Reach out to potential new users through appropriate off site roleplaying communities to grow our user base.
How does one become a Mentor? We are currently accepting applications to join the Mentor team. Simply PM the following application to Tiko. Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the Mentor Team, users with account warnings, a history of misconduct, or an active history of intolerance towards others cannot be accepted on the Mentor Team.