Ame Damnee Mess Hall

Jack
Mess Hall

Couldn't finish his next thought before the Imperator, the 'Queen' of the underground herself came to grace such a lowly peasant such as us. All jokes aside, just by looking at her, he could tell this was a woman that demanded utter-mindless obedience and respect for her, something Jack would normally just ignore but he also didn't need a magic eye to see that she was also a skilled and veteran fighter.... No that didn't do it justice. She was someone you would not want to make an enemy of. As she glanced towards them Jack looked at her with a disinterested look, despite her clear skill and the backing of an entire underground he was still going to show in his own way that, he was also someone you didn't want to make an enemy of.

He would have left there and then if he hadn't picked up on what Priscilla said. The imperator must be out of her mind if she was going to consider having a liability like this girl go to war. So emotional and whiny to....... Sighing as he reached for his flintlock, it was an interesting weapon looking the same as any firearm yet instead of iron balls this fired compressed air. It was still prone to locking up like any old gun but hay infinite ammo. He placed it in Priscilla's hands. "This will at least give you a chance. My Aero-flintlock. Just hold the trigger to suck up the air and realise to fire." Before she could say or protest Jack only intervened. "I've been in fought with Wardens before, the Imperator is correct, they will show you no mercy even if you are a kid. With your limited battle experience, you're a liability ... But with this you have a chance to survive." Yep, she was an emotional whinner with a fate chosen for her by outside forces..... It really was like looking into a mirror at this point. Just then a small mass moved toward Priscilla hugging her waist and relaying information we already were aware of. ".... This is going to be a problem at first it seems." He mumbled more to himself but it was audible to the 2 women.

Priscilla Shaw
"Huh? Oh, Dot! Hi." Ahe blurted out, straightening up as her master enveloped her waist with an arm. "Why are we suddenly going on a raid.. I thought this whole place was all hush hush..?" She asked, unsure of what to make of the gesture, whether it was her poking fun of her due to how skinny she was or something else. "I don't know how to get ready for a battle.. Oh, this is Jack, the Ripper I met him like.. a while ago." She relented, rubbing her eyes before feeling something strange, foreign and metallic shoved into her hands. "What's this..?" She asked, lifting up the device, never having seen anything like it before. It was like a stick with a hole in it and a bunch of sticky-outty bits. "Don't call me a damn liability mr. Murderer, I may not be much, but I am hell'a good at staying out of the way." She growled, frowning at him with her aggressive red hair. "Damn.. Wish I had kept that sword.." she sighed. Swords were the only things she knew how to even-half use

Dot shook her head at Priscilla. "You are a liability but we need all men on hand to be ready to go, which includes you as well. So I would keep a hold of that gun regardless." She said, seriousness in her tone. "You are to not leave my sight once the raid begins though you should be prepared to kill if nessecary. This isn't going to be a walk through the Oblitus, it's much worse." Realeasing her hold on Priscilla, she started to head towards the doors of the Mess Hall. "Come, Scilly. We have a lot of things to prepare for before we head out. "You can come along too Jack, but if you don't want to, that's fine. You just better not still be in the Mess Hall when I'm done."

Jack
Mess Hall

A childish part of him wanted to gloat over someone taking his side in this manner. But he has grown past such immature actions, that would be Arties shtick. "I have nothing better to do." He said as he got up from his chair towering over the two women. "So you know my brother as well?" he looked at Dot with that same stoic look but his tone sounded hopeful.

Priscilla Shaw
"I.. Hmph." Priscilla scowled, of the few things she had left, all she had was her life and her pride and the will to survive, so to have even one of these made fun of was rude, yet she said nothing and simply glared angrily. "Whatever. I'll be useful in other ways, you two can stick to killing people and ruining lives..." She mumbled half-heartedly. "Alright Master Dot.." she relented and followed after the smaller yet wiser woman. "Just don't expect me to even try fighting, I don't know what you expect me to do against fully-grown men that are all experienced in fighting. If anything, it's slightly ridiculous to even think about me fighting them." She whined unhappily as they walked, her slender feet creating a soft padding noise against the cold, hard floor.

Dot smilled at Jack and winked. "I know your brother very well." As she heard Priscilla talk about fighting, quickly turning to the girl, she gave her a dangerous look. "Don't make me regret making you my apprentice, Priscilla. This isn't the time to whine, I understand you aren't the best at fighting but anyone is capable of killing, so I repeat, be prepared. Remember that story I shared with you, about my first mission? Keep that in mind when we hit at nightfall." Keeping her pale gaze on the girl, she spoke some more. "Once we arrive Devon's, Minerva's and my word is law, if you can't handle it, you can be just like the Wardens when we leave and not by our hands."

Jack
Mess Hall

Feeling insulted by Priscilla's accusations over his gesture, he rounded on her his tone was as hard as cold iron. "Of course I do not expect you to fight one-on-one! Do you think I'm a fool? I gave you that because if you were to face off with a Warden you could at least have a ranged advantage since I doubt a skeleton like you could stand the full force of well-trained shield bash or be healthy enough to block with a sword." His tone seemed to lower as he continued. "Like it or not you're going to have to grow up. And wield that fire of yours to survive... You're going to have to." his mind instantly focused on what Dot said. Killing is, easy? Yeah. right, you blind cooc. Depends on who you are for that answer.

Priscilla Shaw
"So I mean that little to you." She spat, frowning at them both. She was not having a good time of it, she didn't lack a heart like they all seemed to, killing a person was like killing a friend! As far as she knew, all the wardens she had met had been rather nice, the only problem they had caused her was giving her to two monsters, but that had most likely just been a mistake, a mistake which had led her to the underground, in fact. "I'll listen." She sighed grimly, holding that strange weapon and eyeing it carefully, pondering what it might do once she pulled the trigger. Priscilla felt out of place, like a kitten standing with an army, she could barely believe this was actually happening and pinched herself on the arm a few times just to check.

"No, you mean that little to them. We're an invading enemy force so you will be seen as an enemy, as will I and Jack. It's not a matter of who we kill but who's life is on the line. When the threat of death is glaring you down, don't try and say that you wouldn't do everything in your power to live That's why anyone is capable of killing." Dot sighed. "I care for you, which is why I will do everything in my power to protect you. Devon did tell you he would be there for you as well, no? But at the end of the day, you are my apprentice, my responsibility and I take those seriously.

"The unknown is still the unknown, we never truly knows what may go wrong or right on a mission but we go in anyways. You care, Priscilla. Don't lose that but you have to learn to cut yourself off from the killing that you no doubt will do one day with you being a part of the Underground. We can finish this conversation in the training room. Let's go."

Jack
Mess Hall

Putting his mask back on as he saunters towards the exit. "By the way, I'm not giving you that gun, just letting you borrow it. An Aero-flintlock is as rare as Aditi or Lucifer showing up out of the blue, so that should say something about. Mr' Murderer. Giving you such a priceless treasure to defend yourself with." Walking past Dot and Priscilla. "Well? Are you two waiting for something?"

Priscilla Shaw
"Alright.." Priscilla sighed grimly, thinking a dozen things anout how much of a terrible idea this was but saying nothing. "I'll give it back if I survive, not that I want to keep this thing." She grumbled, eyeing the weapon in her hand and pondering just what it would do as they travelled to the training hall where she was no doubt going to prepare for some inevitable battle she had no idea she was going to participate in. Her face and gone and almost deathly white at the prospect of it and she even started shivering slightly. She felt rather sick.

Hyde Bekele
Mess Hall

A figure started to appear in the Mess Hall, as if the thin air was conjuring it alone. As the figure began to solidify it was apparent who it was, Hyde Bekele. The man, if he was a man, was a master of going from place to place with little to no effort and always unseen. Hyde stood silently in the Mess Hall as his body completely took its shape and slowly opened his eyes, revealing one dark brown eye and one emerald green eye. He was no stranger to the Underground, he had infiltrated the society some 120 years ago in complete secret and demanded a position from the leader herself, Minerva. His talents were clearly appreciated because she didn't hesitate to add him to her rankings. Although Hyde was a well-known member of the Underground Society, he came and went as he pleased but always made sure to complete the duties assigned to him. A silent killer, a spymaster, an infiltrator; a jack of all trades if the trades were shadow games.

The man slowly moved through the room, slipping past its inhabitants and approaching the bar. He sat upon and stool, slouching over the counter as he waited for someone to take his order. Hyde thought about the recent findings he had discovered in the Castle and knew he would have to report to Minerva regarding the best entry and exit ways soon enough. But before he would return to business, he wanted to indulge himself in a drink. Hyde sat up, stretching his back and spreading his arms above his head; he sighed heavily before returning to his slouched position over the counter. "I would like a drink, please..." he muttered, hoping that someone would hear him.

You shouldn't be intoxicating that brilliant mind of yours with alcohol. "Maybe it's to drown you out, I was just working you know." Come now, Hyde, you know I appreciate your hard work. I just worry about your wellbeing, after all... you are very important to me. "Yea, I know. You can come out later to play, OK? Right now I would just like to be alone with my thoughts and a DAMN DRINK PLEASE." As you wish, I'll be back to check on you later. Do take care of yourself. For both of our sakes.

Devon Ironsides - Entering the Mess Hall

The dwarf made his way inside the mess hall and approached the bar. He was lucky, having found the person he was looking for in the same place as his final stop before the battle. He took a seat next to Hyde, catching him mumble to himself just before yelling for a drink. Devon smiled a bit, any man who was that desperate for a drink was ok in his book. "You heard tha fecker! Get the two of us some feckin' drinks! First round on me!" Devon ordered. The bartender went scrambling at his order, showing the difference in power between the two.

"Glad I ran into ya when I did Hyde, won't ask where you've been, will only say ya missed quite a lot while ye were gone. We're headin' out soon to raid the royal palace, and durin' said raid, I'm gonna need yer expertise when dealing with a little rat inside the underground, if ya catch my meaning."

@Pupper

Hyde Bekele
The Mess Hall

Hyde watched as the dwarf, Devon, take a seat with him at the bar out of the corner of his eye and squawk at the bartender as he demanded a drink. Devon offered to buy the first round of drinks, which made Hyde happy although he was perfectly capable of buying his own drinks. The man was, after all, able to enter a room completely unnoticed which made stealing easier than walking in a straight line. Hyde grinned as their drinks arrived and the man picked up the glass, the ice clinking against this walls as he brought it to his lips, taking a reasonably large sip. He let out a satisfying sigh of relief, Hyde desperately needed that drink. He had been working tirelessly in preparation for the Underground's raid on the Castle as well as several other personal small jobs on the side. All of his work would boil down to today, part of it bored him as he knew that he could simply get in and out of the Castle to claim whatever it is that Minerva was looking for without ever alerting the guards, however; he knew it wasn't about the possessions, it was the statement that would be made by raiding the Castle. The statement is what excited him and kept him interested.

"I'm gonna need yer expertise when dealing with a little rat inside the Underground if ya catch my meaning." the expression that Hyde had heard over and over again in the many years he had lived. He knew very well what Devon meant by dealing with someone and lifted his glass again, drawing another drink. "Who do you want me to kill?" he asked bluntly. Hyde was never the type to beat around the bush, he preferred the more direct methods; it was less messy that way. "I've been running recon on that castle for some time now in preparation for this raid. I imagine I've seen the target you're speaking of, so who is it?"

Devon Ironsides - Mess Hall

The dwarf chuckled as he took a swig of his drink. "It's no one inside the castle I need ya ta kill, it's someone within our own group." He downed the rest of his drink, slamming it on the table and indicating to the bartender to get him another. "It's Taran. The bastard's been lyin' to the Underground. Ya missed tha meeting but he assured Minnie that the guards fer the palace would be a skeleton crew, I've heard from multiple sources that that isn't the case, I'm sure you'd be another."

He looked towards the assassin, eyes serious. "We're gonna make this look like an accident, make it seem like the guards got him. I have a couple of Wardens in me pocket and they'll set up a nice quiet room in the palace fer us to take care of business. I'll lead Taran there, then you, me and me Warden associates take him out."

Hyde Bekele
The Mess Hall

Hyde's left eyebrow raised at Devon's reveal of the person he wanted dead was a member of their very own society and not just any member, Taran. Taran was a well-known member of the Underground Society, a rather important member to be precise. Hyde listened to Devon's reasoning as to why he needed to be assassinated. It was true, Taran was lying to the Underground if he truly said the palace guards were a skeleton crew. The man had been in and out of that castle, almost living there, for several weeks now as a means to gather as much intel for the very raid that was about to begin; if anyone was going to know anything about the castle it was himself.

Hyde finished his drink, placing it on the bar carefully. He ran his finger along the rim of the glass as he contemplated Devon's proposition on how to deal with Taran. A multiple man assassination was on one target was not common and easily could become messy. Hyde didn't like messy. The man sighed and looked at Devon seriously, "I'll do it on one condition, Devon. No wardens, just me and you. The more people there is the messier and louder it gets. If you truly want this to be as simple and clean as possible, I suggest you just let me handle it myself, however.." he paused, knowing that Devon wouldn't do that, "we can work together on this one. It would probably be best if yo--"

Sin of Wrath.

Hyde's eyes narrowed slightly as his sentence was cut short by a distraction, though it didn't seem like there was anything around him. "My apologies," the man offered. "If you can lure him, distract him, I can kill him before he even has time to formulate a thought on what is happening. Does Minerva know about this, is that why it's meant to look like an accident?"

The dwarf raised an eyebrow as Hyde seemed to cut himself off for no discernable reason, but Devon's been around the assassin long enough to know that that's just the way he was sometimes. He shook his head at Hyde's inquiry. "Minnie doesn't know yet. Hopefully she doesn't find out so I can avoid gettin' me arse chewed out, but if she does its not that big of an issue. Reason I'm doin' this covert is because we've already had one traitor recently, that good nothing shite Cryker, and if I told Minnie, she'd wanna have the man executed publicly like we did with Cryker."

He shook his head, Minerva did enjoy making examples out of people who crossed her, it was a quality he admired, but he knew there could be consequences. "Thing is, Cryker was a nobody. He gets axed fer bad-mouthin' the boss, no one cares. Taran's a big name. He gets axed, other people start askin' questions, wonderin' if Cryker had a point the whole time. You can see why I wanna keep this quiet. I'll call me wardens off, just make sure the last thing that traitor sees is me laughin' in his face." Devon smiled wickedly.

Hyde Bekele
The Mess Hall

So Minerva doesn't know? Now I understand why the dwarf wants this to be quiet. All the more reason for me to handle it on my own, keep him out of it so that if it does backfire... only a mere shapeshifter is to blame. I could disappear as I never even existed, no second thoughts, but you... Devon, you. You can't change your face with the blink of an eye like I can.
Hyde sat back as far as his stool would allow him to without tipping it over or falling off. "That I can do. You won't know I'm there Devon, you need to take the lead. He knows you, trusts you, he won't have such a high guard walking the castle with you. I'll simply strike from the shadows, what are we doing with the body? I can throw it in the river if you'd like."

Business as usual, Hyde was overly casual about this topic, as it was one he discussed almost daily. "When are we heading out anyway? Since I missed the meeting, although I wouldn't be formally invited to that thing anyway, I have no idea. I assume soon, though, people seem to be preparing."

"Well I was gonna make it look like the Royal Guard got him, but since yer doin' the honors, throwin' it in the river sounds feckin' great. We're attackin' tonight. Might wanna get yerself ready, drink up and then head out. Can't tell what feckin' time it is down 'ere but I'm assuming we'll be moving out soon. Meet ya there, Hyde." Devon said as he gave Hyde a friendly slap on the back, downed his drink and proceeded to exit the mess hall.

Hyde Bekele
The Mess Hall

Hyde watched as the man walked away but not before receiving a slap on the back. Why in god's name do people find that endearing? He questioned as he turned toward the bar. Lifting his glass to his lips only to realize that it was empty. Hyde scowled at his liquorless glass and placed it back down with a satisfying thump. The barkeep gave him a weird look and Hyde glared at him in return. The man sighed, thinking back to what was said to him. "What the hell is the sin of wrath..." he murmured under his breath, expecting a response but not receiving one. "Of course now you decide to shut up. Classic."

Hyde sighed heavily, getting off his stool and heading out of The Mess Hall. He was ready to go when the time came.

Back