Midnight Sun

Mai_able

Forest Faerie
Artem is a kitsune (fox demon), warrior princess, after telling the guards that she was forcefully taking over patrols she stumbles over YC. YC can be human or whatever creature but not from her world. After she discovers you passed out she decides not to kill you for trespassing and take you to the castle. The story starts there and continues.

Name: Princess Artem Fiori Mikhailov
Race: Kitsune
Personality: Stubborn, Blunt, Strong-minded, Tomboyish, Cunning, Fast-talking, Authoritarian, Violent, Impolite, Indecisive
Appearance: White hair and fox-like ears, slim but strong build, light silver-green eyes, whitetail, 3 white stripes along each cheek
5285973b3b491c920f1faf6fe302f480.jpg

Name
Saifu Yue

Race
Definitely keeping this a secret. You'll find out soon enough, I'm sure.

Appearance
Small, almost fragile frame; gentle looking features. Vibrant red hair, pale jade eyes. Looks particularly youthful, almost like a child, although he's bound to be more like 18 or 19 in terms of the world. ((I'm not very proficient when it comes to finding a reference image, and this is a pretty scra

Personality
An endower of good fortune and riches, and highly sensitive to the needs of others; he tends to give before thinking of himself. His physical actions can be quick and there's a good chance he gets pretty jumpy. His favorite foods are rice-cakes, he loves watching the moon, and is supposed to be carrying with him a bottle containing something precious. It hurts him to know that he lost it somewhere. Being cut off in the middle of speaking annoys him and he can't stand mis-told legends and stories.

Artem was patrolling the borders, she had forced the guards her father stationed to leave their post duties to her. Her father kept underestimating her, her elder brother's kept trying to undermine her strength and authority. Being the only girl in the family was rather a pain. She was the youngest and the only lady of the family now that her mother was gone. She patrolled the area thoroughly before she sensed a change in the area.

Her ears twitched before she bolted off in the direction of it, there was no possible way an intruder could've passed the border. They had a protective barrier in place, and from what she felt it hadn't broken yet. Artem slowed as she got closer to the area, the sense that something had changed growing stronger. Jumping high into a tree she peered down at the ground where the feeling rose the strongest. That was when she noticed a figure lying on the ground, she drew her sword immediately and jumped down almost silently. Stalking like a predator ready to attack she approached the still figure. Her silver eyes glowed in the moonlight, they seemed almost fluorescent.

As Artem crouched ready to strike the figure she noticed it was a boy, he obviously wasn't over her kind, but he was clearly around her age. It was part of her duty to kill intruders without falter but he was also defenseless. That was honorable and she would never dishonor her name with such an act. Lowering her sword she examined him, sniffing the air around him she noted he wasn't any other the netherworld creatures she had encountered before. He smelled sweet and earthy, it was a rather intoxicating smell. Under any other circumstances, she would have killed without hesitation, but this boy being here asleep may have been a sign from the goddess herself. Deciding she would wait until he woke and then question him she sat against a nearby tree to watch him before she drifted off into a light sleep.

"No, no, no, no, no-" There was the harsh sound of ungraceful shuffling as bare feet scampered for traction on the leafy earth. A half second later, a loud snap! as the boy tripped over a previously-buried branch and ended with a mouthful of foliage. He spit it out and ran his frail hands through the short red hair atop his head, continuing to squint around in search of something he had lost. "Where is it?" He asked himself, attempting to calm his racing mind.

At the time, he held no notice of Artem. His own worries were thought enough, especially after finding himself in a strange place undoubtedly not where he was meant to have appeared. What was worse, he had no clue what era it was, and he had lost his precious life's work. What a night this was turning out to be!

Artem stirred at the sound of movement, her eyes snapped open and she watched the being scamper for a few moments before standing. She pointed her swords towards him. "Who are you and why are you here trespasser?" Her voice was followed with a low growl that vibrated in her throat and made the hair on her tail stand in defense, he was awake so why was she questioning him. Artem circled him to leave no room for escape, he looked weak. But, she dare not underestimate her opponent. She drew her other sword and threw it on the ground in front of the boy. "I will give you a chance to fight for your life." She dare not fight and kill someone weaker than her without a fight, she stood straight the proud and warning stance of a person with authority.

The instant she spoke, he froze like a statue. A startled squeak escaped his mouth, but he found himself unable to form words. Blood seemed to drain itself from his face and his heart beat faster than what seemed physically possible, fulled by startled terror and unholy adrenaline. Artem tossed the sword to his feet, but he made no sudden movements. It was as though fear had completely paralyzed him, and he cowered beneath her superior stance.

Artem frowned and glared at him, "Are you a mute? Don't cower in fear, fight me like a man!" She snatched the sword off the ground and held it out to him by its hilt. When she noticed his color drain she could smell the fear on him. Artem stepped towards him and went to grab him by his collar. "If you won't fight then answer me, Who. Are. You? And Why. Are. You. Here?" She enunciated each word slowly thinking maybe he didn't understand her language. Dropping him on the ground she sheathed her swords and crossed her arms. He was like a rabbit to her, his awkward fear made her uncomfortable. She was abrasive but she hadn't expected him not to fight.

She moved to grab his collar and Saifu shifted slightly in avoidance, flinching when he was caught. He quickly picked himself up off the ground once she let him go, stuttering heavily as he did his best to answer before she changed her mind and decided to slice him to bits.
"M-m-m-my n-n-name is S-Saif-fu," He began. The words almost choked him, and he made small preparation to bolt if need be. This whole ordeal practically gave him a heart attack. It was a miracle he was still standing.

Artem frowned further and crossed her arms as he stuttered. A blubbering child he was, she let out a breath and ran a hand through her hair. Considering he acted like a child she couldn't kill him now, taking him back to the castle would be the next option. She eyed him suspiciously and leaned towards him inhaling his scent once more. "Do you know where you've trespassed?" As she spoke she stepped closer to him, she stood at a fine 5"3'. She crossed her arms once more before she backed up and reached at her waistband for some rope. "Put your arms out. I will bind you so you cannot run and you will come with me." Artem didn't leave room for argument, the boy would either go willingly or she would forcefully take him.

There was a gentle shake of his head at her initial question, dislodging a spare leaf from his hair with the movement. His bare foot shifted on the damp earth, hands clamped firmly to his sides in white-knuckled fists. Pale eyes flicked fearfully over her expression once before he took off running. He was not about to be kidnapped.
Or, at least, that was supposed to be the plan. A half-second into a sprint and another mouthful of damp, half-rotting leaves came to greet him as he rediscovered the very same branch he had tumbled over the last time. Not the most graceful of escapes, for certain.

Artem snarled when he turned to run and sprinted after him, she jumped into a tree and followed him through the branches. If he couldn't see her well she could move freely. He didn't know where he was but he chose to run. When he fell she jumped down from the tree drawing her sword and pointing it at him once more. Artem's eyes glinted red as she growled a little more than upset, "Do you wish to die? You should have been grateful I thought to spare your life." Artem went to grab him by his wrist to yank him up to face her, how foolish of her to allow this creature to run. If her brothers were here they would laugh at her for sure. If she managed to grab him and pull him up she would hold the blade against his neck as a warning not to test her again.

The cold metal tip of the blade pressed firmly against his adam's apple was warning enough to know he would end up less than alive the next time he tried to run from her.
"D-don't misunderstand," he wheezed, "you d-did just try to kill me i-in a f-fight." He couldn't feel his fingers anymore, having clenched his fists perhaps a little too tightly, but he knew he was shaking in spite of himself; her iron grip did little to steady him. It seemed almost as though his fragile build would shatter from the incessant shivering, yet it managed to stay in one piece.

Last edited:
Artem snarled at his words, "You ran when I gave you the option to come with me and live. If I were to fight you, you'd die instantly. I will not fight someone so...weak. It is shameful. I will allow you one more chance and this will be the last I give to spare your life, if you run I will slice your throat with little to no hesitation... Now. Hold out your arms so I might bound you, you are coming with me!" Artem lowered her blade once more her glare daring him to run. Pulling the rope from her side again, "Arms!" Artem all but barked the order at him, she needed to report this to her father fast.

Saifu drew his hands close to his chest, even as she snapped for him to extend his wrists to her. This probably would have been the time to say something in hopes of keeping his skin out of trouble, but his mind had gone almost entirely blank and his tongue was dry like sandpaper. At the very least, he had sense enough not to run again.
Or, perhaps it was lack of sense. Who knew?

Artem huffed and lowered her arms, what was it her father had said. Men like women with...gentle grace? Artem placed her hand on her hips and looked at him blankly before holding out her hand. "As long as you do not run I will not kill you. And if-" She rubbed her temples sighing before looking up at the sky irritated, "If you don't want to be bound then take my hand. I swear on all that is my honor that I will not harm you, so long as you do not run away again." Artem stared at him trying to be as calm and unthreatening as possible. This was one hell of a time not to follow her father's wishes to be a proper lady. She continued to hold out her hand only hoping he would take it.

Last edited:
He flinched when she reached towards him, her palm upturned in offering of a truce. There was a long, uncomfortable silence as his addled brain tried to make sense of the sudden change. She wasn't trying to kill him anymore, that he knew of. But why give him the choice? What purpose did it serve that he came willingly as opposed to by force?
Maybe it was a trap... but he took her hand anyway. There wasn't much else he could do besides hope that Fate had a good reason for putting him into the hands of this clearly-deranged fox girl. With luck, he'd survive long enough to finish his mission before undoubtedly being carried off to his rather untimely demise.

Artem gripped his hand in hers as lightly she could and places her sword back into its holder. She turned dragging him along behind her through the forest. She didn't speak it was obvious he didn't know how he arrived here, and he was too much of a coward to speak properly if at all.
Little ways of them walking the arrived upon a castle, Artem walked with him up the pathway to a pair of golden-colored double doors. Two guards, looming at a high 6ft it seemed, were stationed at either side of the door
. "Little sister, what is that thing behind you?" One of the males a blue-eyed mand with striking red hair walked towards them peering over her shoulder. Artem frowned, "None of your damn business you bumbling giant, now get out of my way. I have to speak with father." Her words were nothing but a growl at them. She went to move forward before her other brother, a male with white hair and bright violet eyes, stepped in her way. "Artem, did you patrol? The guards told us you Forcefully removed them from their stations. You are a lady, can you not try to at least pretend to be one" Artem scowled at him and pushed him out of her way, he spoke in a gentle tone but to her, it was all mockery. The red-haired male looked at the boy, "Who are you? And why has my sister brought you?" He rose a brow a lot less threatening than his younger sister.

Her hand was warmer than he had anticipated it to be; rather delicate despite her rough nature. It was also quite strong, however, and he found himself tripping over many things as she pulled him mercilessly to who-knew-where. As they walked, he kept an eye out for the missing vial, but unfortunately he saw nothing.
By the time they arrived, and "who-knew-where" became the grand castle he stood at the golden gateway of, Saifu had been somewhat successful in putting his brains back into working order, though he retained the natural instinct to bolt if the need arose.
The boy pointed to himself with his free hand, shakily giving his name. The sheer size of these men made him feel rather insignificant in comparison, save only the fact that Artem was similar in height to himself. To the second question he was asked, he had no answer.

Last edited:
Artem moved her face in front of her red-haired brother's "Strix I brought him here to see father. Move out of my way or I will move you!" Snarling she let go of Saifu's hand and shoved her brother out of her way. He smiled sheepishly ith he hands up chuckling, "Alright little sister, you both may pass." Artem turned to her other brother and glared at him directly, "I will do as I please brother dearest. Leave me be or I will slit your throat." Her words were laced with poison and the white-haired male-only patted her on the head before moving towards Saifu. "Saifu- was it? Please don't mind my younger sister, she is very strong-willed and determined. She is not nearly as bad as she seems." Smiling he moved out of their way and only looked amused at his fuming little sister. Artem huffed and grabbed Saifu's hand once more dragging him along through the double doors.

She pulled him along for a while, not minding if he was fairing well behind her. She mumbled to herself curses under her breath about her idiot elder brothers and how bothersome they were. It wasn't long until they reached a big mahogany door, Artem took a moment to breathe before opening the door. "Father I have somethi-"

"My darling Artem is that you?! How was patrolling did you fair well?" Her father was a built man, his height not determined as he was sitting behind the desk, but was assumed due to his sons. He held a beaming smile towards his daughter, compared to Artem her family was not as threatening as they seemed.

Saifu nodded in reply to the white-haired brother, but he didn't have a chance to respond further before Artem snatched his wrist again and pulled him deeper into the kingdom. Since the floor was even here, he didn't stumble as much as previously, yet he was still rather careless with his footing while distractedly observing the visible facets of the kingdom that now surrounded him.

"I'm a someone," Saifu corrected her under his breath. The lack of her family's desire to string him up by his toes helped him to keep his wits together, for the most part. It seemed as though he had stopped stuttering.

Artem rolled her eyes at her father and pulled Saifu over to his desk."This boy was found trespassing near the east side of the barrier father. He is too weak for me to fight him, and obviously not of this world, or at least not any creature I know." She crossed her arms finally letting him go, she frowned at her cheerful father.

"Artem you are always so brute. Did you ask where he was from?" Her father looked at her knowing she had probably said it in a brute and abrasive way.

"Yes, father."

"Boy, please come forward. What is your name good boy and have you an idea what brought you here or where you are?"

He chose not to move any closer and shifted his weight in nervous anticipation, relaying his name once more. There wasn't a further answer he could give, so he drifted into to silence.
Looking between the both of them, there seemed to be stark difference, but also many similarities. For instance, their expressions. Saifu found himself more inclined to trust Artem's smiling father than the irritated Artem herself. Then again, he was also hesitant to accept her father as being the same person he appeared to be, noting Artem's initial thought to kill him upon discovery. Moon knows what sorts of psychopaths her family members are.

"Saifu, what a .... unique name. From your silence, I assume that you don't know how you arrive in our territory." He sighed and rose from his seat, he stood taller than both of his sons but still looked at the boy with a smiling face. "Well let me enlighten you a tad. You are in Brigada, kitsune territory. As are my children and I's kind. This kingdom is protected by a magical barrier to keep our enemies out. How you got here is unknown, but there is a place you can find out. On the other side of this netherworld, there is the kingdom of elves. They work in realm magic and would have the answer of how to get you where you came from." Artem looked at her father in disbelief, he was being too kind to this stranger. "father this boy came into our land, he could be a spy for all we know! And how is he supposed to get to the other side of the kingdom weak as he is? He will die." Artem's father walked over to her and guided her to move next to the boy. "You both will go, you know this land and are the strongest person to protect him."

"I am not a spy and I am most certainly not weak," he protested, though he didn't raise his voice. Saifu uncomfortably half-shuffled away from Artem in effort to keep some social distance between his initial murderer and himself. "I just lost something and happened to be caught off-guard before I found it." Terrorized, more like, but he kept that opinion to himself.

Artem did have a point, however. His instinct was flight, not fight. Alone, he'd almost certainly be dead before he left the castle grounds.

"That's no reason to send me alone with a murderous fox-girl—" He stopped the moment he noticed he'd said it aloud.

Artem scoffed when he said he wasn't weak and crossed her arms. "Caught off guard? You were nearly crying on the forest floor the way you went about acting like a blubbering child." She stared at him mind disbelief, he was anything but strong. When he continued speaking she glared and stalked towards him with balled fists. "A WHAT?!" Artem growled out loudly before her father grabbed her elbow.

"Artem you are a young lady. He is obviously joking, calm yourself. You will take him to his destination and you will help and be kind to him. Maybe along the way you can pick up a better temperament." Her father stomped his foot and dipped her arm, she flushed and stood glaring at the boy but she dared not to move.

The obviousness of the statement was to the contrary, but that fiery spark in her eye wasn't something he dared go up against in argument. At the least, he appeared rather apologetic, running his fingers through his red hair.
"Y-you know, I could find a way to repay you for not... killing me. Good fortune is always a nice thing to have around. M-maybe then we'll be on better terms." Saifu felt it was probably his fault she glared at him like that. This fox's bad side was the last place he wanted to be at the moment.

"And how pray tell would YOU be able to repay me?" Artem spoke with snide in her voice, which earned her an unnerving look from her father. Frowning she sighed and held her hand ut. "Regardless of how useless you may be, I have been given an order from my father. Therefore, I will swear on my honor that I will not kill you."

"R-right...." Those last words did little to quell his fears, so he seemed reluctant to accept them. "Suppose that sounds good enough."
The boy gingerly took her hand again. It dawned on him suddenly that he seemed a little out of place. His clothes were already less then up to par, and rolling around in the dirt and leaves as well as being dragged across the landscape hadn't improved his image any. There were faint streaks of mud dried across his cheeks and earth caught between his bare toes. A spare leaf still clinging to his hair was brushed onto his shoulder, and he picked it off, twirling the piece of foliage slowly between his fingers in examination.

Artem removed her hand from his and stared at the boy, "Follow me, boy. You must get ready for the long journey. We will leave in the morning, supper should be soon." Artem looked at her father, she kissed his cheek but still frowned and turned walking out of the dor, she waited on the other side of the door for Saifu. Sighing to herself she crossed her arms once again over her chest. She was going to dread this journey but as promised she wouldn't kill him, she only hoped he didn't die but some other feat along the way.
70526629-mysterious-wood-elf-warrior-in-a-mystical-forest-setting-fantasy-3d-rendering.jpg
(clothing for artem)

Saifu dropped the leaf and followed skeptically. This night was probably the strangest thing to happen in a very long time. Waking up in strange territory before having a knife thrust against his throat as he unwillingly became the prisoner of a crazed warrior; being kidnapped, then sent on a rather insane mission with the one who, not hours before, had threatened to end his life. It was madness, and he wished deeply for life to go back to its simpler fashions. Unfortunately, Fate had a way of messing with him in the cruelest of ways. He wondered if it had anything to do with this girl.

"You never did introduce yourself." Saifu was reminded to ask. He spoke after the door clicked shut, but remained rather wary of her wrath.

Artem began to walk further down the hall once the door clicked. " Princess Artem Fiori Mikhailov. If that is to difficult for you to say you may say Artem." She continued walking without falter before coming upon a set of stairs. "Keep up, we are heading to my room to give you a fresh set of clothing and to bathe, I have been dealing with your stench since you arrived." Artem kept to herself that he didn't actually smell that bad, in fact, it was actually pleasant. But, she would rather die than admit that. The faster they washed and ate the faster they could sleep to leave in the morning.

Back