Midnight Sun

Saifu looked down at himself. He looked like a mess, previously not noticing that he'd reacquired some of his filth during their journey. Were there spare clothes...? He didn't remember.

Artem looked at him and sighed reaching over to the bags and grabbing clothes, "Here, the bathroom is over there." She gestured to a closed-door off to the side of the room. "Saifu...thank you for helping me yesterday." Artem was looking off to the side to hide the embarrassment on her face. It was a lot to bring herself to thank him, but he did help her so it was only right.

The boy took the clothes gratefully and went to the bathroom. The door clicked shut, but he did respond.
"I'm sure you would've done the same."

He wasn't wrong she definitely would have done the same, and much more to make sure the boy didn't die. Artem sighed and fixed her braid, she would bathe and then they would leave, she doubted Yamo would be awake. Vampires only became a bit irritated by the sunlight, more of an allergy than immediate death. Artem heard a knock on the door and frowned walking over. She looked up to find herself faced with Yamo. He only smirked at her. She looked to make sure Saifu was in the bathroom before stepping out and closing the door a bit behind her. "What do you want Yamo? I held up my end of the deal." He chuckled lightly and played with a stray hair on the side of her face. "I came to say goodbye my dear, nothing more nothing less. must say I am surprised you agreed to my demands. You know what is it for me to drink your blood, my love. Even still when I had you drink mine." He smirked and Artem only looked away from him pulling away from his reach. "Leave. I know what I agreed to, just inform my father and arrangements will be made when I return." Their conversation was clearly audible through the crack in the door.

Saifu changed out of his dirty clothes and into the clean ones, taking the time to do a few other things as well, like washing the remainder of the paste off his hands. It was filmy, like glue, so even after trying to remove it with water, he was still picking large flakes of the stuff off his palms.
The boy emerged from the bathroom and glanced around, not seeing Artem. Concerned, he called her name gently.

Artem's ear twitched when she heard her name, she glared at Yamo and he laughed walking off as she slipped back in the room. "I'm here." She cleared her throat and grabbed her clothes walking past him to the bathroom, "Once I'm done we can leave." She closed the door not waiting for a reply, she was unnerved. After a while she came out of the bathroom, she sighed and dried out her hair. "Ready?"

He shoved another leaf into his mouth and nodded, pocketing the remainder for later. There was nothing he wanted more than to leave the place. Interestingly, he still hadn't managed to remove the boots. It was like they were a permanent part of him, and a right-strange looking part at that.

Last edited:
Artem grabbed their bags and took his hand rushing down the winding halls out of the castle and back into the forest. "We have to pass through pixie valley and the wolves territory before ewe make it to the elves. It's a week-long journey." She stopped walking when she thought they were far enough to fix her boots, and put all her weapons on her sides, in her boots and etc.. "You have to let me know when you're tired, and we will stop. If you don't and you pass out then I'll be forced to carry you." Artem hadn't yet met his gaze, she wanted to forget the event and promise she had made yesterday and finish their mission.

Saifu glanced at her as if she were slightly insane. "We have to through where?!" He asked, watching her prepare herself. Artem was apparently a lot more dangerous that he had first thought. The boy munched on another leaf while he waited.

Artem sighed and stood up dusting herself off, "Pixie valley and the wolves territory. We aren't making any stops like this but we do have to pass through. As long as you don't pass out we will get there sooner than you think." Looking at him she gave a jerk of her head before turning to start walking. "Tell me about your home."

He trailed after her. "My home? It's not special." There was a pause while he tried to think of something to say. With nothing better coming to mind, he began a story.

"A long, long time ago... on a place called Earth... there was a man who had come down from the heavens to be a mortal for a time, since he wanted to see how the people of Earth would treat a stranger."

She waited patiently and listened. "Earth.." She had never heard of such a place and only stared at him as they walked. "Did they welcome him?"

"Well... when he grew tired of walking, he sat down to make a stew. Unfortunately, he had no ingredients, so he, disguised as a beggar, asked the monkey, the fox, and the rabbit if they would find something for him to eat." Saifu continued. "The fox went to the river to catch fish for the man, the monkey went to steal from a fruit tree, but the rabbit didn't know anything other than to gather grass."

"Catching the fish seems like the best option. The fox seems pretty smart." She thought fr a moment and looked at him, "Then what happened?"

"The rabbit asked the man to build a fire, and when the man started the fire, the rabbit threw himself into the flames for the man to eat." The boy paused for a contemplative moment, letting the words sink in before he continued with the story.

Artem stopped walking and looked at him, "But.. why? why sacrifice himself for the man just to feed him, I mean it's a nice gesture but there had to e another option." She contemplated for a moment, "Well what happened after that?" She was a little confused but entranced but the story.

"Rabbits are self-sacrificing in nature. It seemed more practical at the time than grass," He answered, then quickly continued to avoid interjection on the statement. "The beggar revealed himself to be the Old Man of the Moon, pulling the rabbit out of the fire. 'You were most kind, Rabbit, but don't do anything to harm yourself.' He said. 'Because you were the kindest of all, I will take you back to the moon with me.' So, on a clear night, if you look up at the sky from Earth, you can see the rabbit-shaped imprint on the moon that the fire's smoke made in honor of the creature's sacrifice."

Artem thought for a long moment, "Are you that rabbit then? You said you live on the moon...But, if you are then why do you constantly put yourself in harm's way?" She furrowed her brows and continued to walk, thinking for some long moments. She didn't see the sacrifice as kindness only foolishness, if the rabbit threw himself in the fire he had no will to live why bring him back.

"I'm not saying," He replied, "You'll have to figure that out on your own, since that's where the legend ends. In human lore, at least."

Artem frowned, "Well that's a bummer." Huffing she crossed her arms, most of their walk were her trying to put the pieces together of who Saifu actually was. "Before we do reach the elves I have to ask, do you even want to go home?" She glanced at him cutting some vines down that were in her way. They had actually walked a really good distance.

Back