Midnight Sun

One of her ears dropped down as she tilted her head and watched his expressions, they were...cute- Wait what? Artem blinked taking a moment to consider her thoughts. She sighed as he asked for help, that was right. It was only because he was weak that she thought him cute...like a rabbit. Glancing down she could see the tears in his eyes. "Y-you know we can always head back to the castle instead? " She was hesitant, she had never dealt with someone crying before.

"No..i want to explore..and there's nothing to do in there.." he said shrugging his shoulder and looking down letting his hair fall and cover his face, "Except sleep and staring at each other.." he added and then he put his hands in his pockets and he blushed even more, I feel so weak..but i really need help..

Artem rubbed her neck standing up straight, he did have a point. it was fairly boring in the castle. Artem dropped her hand from her neck letting out another sigh. She leaned close to him placing a hand on her hip, before using her free hand to lift the hair from his face. "It's not a totally bad thing to be weak. Your a lot stronger than you seem so try not to be too hard on yourself." Artem had no sense of personal space so she was a lot closer to his face than she realized. Her face was straight and determined but her eyes were soft as if she needed to reassure him.

Somil looked up to look in her eyes and was startled by her sudden closeness that his whole face heated up, "I-I'll try.." he stuttered out and he noticed her face was set and she looked determined, I should be like that too.. he thought and he kissed her cheek happily, "Thanks Artem" he said gratefully and he smiled, "I needed that" he smiled wider and he reached up to touch her ear, because of how close she was to him.

Artem smiled a bit hearing he would try, when he kissed her cheek she froze and turned red her eyes going wide. Artem looked at him still blushing, had he just kissed her cheek. When he reached up she quickly stood back up and looked at him. It was clear she was embarrassed her ears were low and off to the sides. Artem turned from him clearing her throat. Why did she keep getting so easily flustered?

"O-oh..i-i'm sorry.." Somil said looking down again, "I-I didn't mean to..i mean i.." he stuttered and then gave up on talking and just covered his face with his sweater, Stupid move stupid move!! he panicked and he just wanted to disappear and forget that he just kissed the princess on the cheek without her permission..in front of millions of other people.

Artem only felt more embarrassed the more he spoke, if it was a cartoon her head might steam from the feeling. She only kept her back to him before speaking, "I-it's fine. this must be one of those human things. right?" Artem cleared her throat and closed her eyes trying to calm herself, she was a princess. The people glanced at her but knew better than to keep their eyes on her for too long. It took a moment before the red slowly started to fade from her cheeks. She turned back to him her cheeks now a light pink. "Come, I will pick you up again." She still couldn't look at him but motioned for him to get closer so she could scoop him up.

Somil couldn't move from where he was for a little while but when he finally came back to his senses he took a small step towards her and he shook his head to shake the blush from his face, Go away...stop blushing...stop it.. he hadn't noticed that he didn't stop walking when he smacked straight into Artem and he felt his head spin, "I'm s-sorry.." he apologized and tried to focus.

Artem held his shoulder to steady him and let out another small sigh, she would just count it as a human custom. "Be careful." Artem chided him before leaning down and scooping him up, she still couldn't bring herself to make eye contact. Though her face had calmed, she walked down the street heading back towards the adventurer's den.

"I'm sorry.." he mumbled again as he looked up at her and he blushed again so he just shut his mouth, I don't think apologizing gonna cut it.. he thought and he frowned, if i wasn't injured i probably would have run away but i'm stuck with this stupid injury..that..she caused.. he thought and all his anger at himself ebbed away and he just leaned his head on her chest and sighed quietly.

Artem didn't respond to his apology, if she did she was worried she might only feel more embarrassed. Usually, she would have hit anyone with the audacity to get so close to her. But, Somil was foreign and injured..because of her. Artem didn't want to make things worse than they already are for him. A part of her was also worried about her father finding out Somil was injured, he had already scolded her for threatening him. The walk to the adventurer's den took a bit longer, wooden double doors lead inside. Artem lowered Somil to the ground, "It is best if you walk inside."

"Ok.." he said and then he looked up at her before walking in, forget about it..you're exploring right? Leave everything outside when you do inside.. he thought and then he looked around, "This is cool.." he said and then looked curiously at all the people there, "Woah....." he breathed and then he looked up at Artem with wide eyes and smile.

Artem walked inside with him, taking a moment to look around herself. She left one hand on the hilt of her sword and the other hung loosely at her side. The adventurer's den wasn't a place she wanted to let her guard down. The people stared at him, some grinning, others sneering, and others stole a glance before looking away. When he looked up at her with a wide smile she relaxed just a bit. Glancing over at the quest board she gently took his wrist and led him towards it. "This is the quest board. You will find jobs that will gain you money. When you heal a bit more we can go on one."

"Ok!" he said looking over the board and then he spotted a picture with a Shadow on it, "Never that one.." he said pointing to it and then looking at the others, "Woah this one is worth a whole lot of money!!" he shouted and then looked down when he drew some attention from him shouting. I gotta do a whole lot of training if i even want to earn some money.. he thought looking over the board again.

Artem noted her pointed to the shadow, understandably he wouldn't want that one. After all, he nearly died because of it and the goddess nows what he might be infected with. Artem let out a breath before snapping his head when he yelled. She had the urge to cover his mouth but quickly set it aside, turning to glare at the surrounding people. "Yes, the are worth a lot of money. these are the most dangerous." She pointed to where he hand pointed leaning over him to whisper in his ear as she did so.

"Oh..then more training it is.." he whispered back laughing quietly when her hair tickled his neck, "So..are these people rich or something?" Somil asked looking around a little and then turning to see her, And then after i heal we can explore a bit more and then train so i can get better at dodging her kicks.. he thought determinedly and turning his head to look up at the picture with the Shadow, and maybe those Shadows too..

Agape scoffed, "Not in the least. They are adventurers, some are bounty hunters. And others may be killers. But, none are rich in the least." When he turned to look at her his eyes met hers and she saw the determined look in his eyes. Glancing at the papers once more she took a step back. "Anything else here you would like to see? There isn't much to do other than drink and find jobs. If we head to the clothes shop. We can get you some proper clothes. The ones you wear now are...A bit strange." Though she wasn't one to talk, the dressed like they were Japanese imperialists or from the medieval period.

"Nope..maybe we should go to the clothes shop.." Somil said looking down at his muddy shoes, "And maybe i should clean these off..." he mumbled to himself with a smile. Sure my clothes are strange but your clothes are stranger.. he thought chuckling, looking back at the board and then looking at Artem holding his hand out to her.

Artem went to grab his hand as someone bumped past her, she stumbled bumping into Somil and turned her head glaring at the person with a growl. She moved her hand on the hilt of her sword and glared. "What do you think you're doing?" Her words came out as a growl as the man turned around, he was much bigger than her but nothing she hadn't handled before, he towered over her smirking before folding his arms across her chest, "I was only looking at the board is there a problem." Artem bared her teeth at him, the others in the room looked with interest but non made any movement to interfere.

Oh no... Somil thought worriedly and tried pulling her hand, "We were doing that too but now we're going to leave" he said pulling harder but then stopped when he saw the tall man and then looked around. I don't know if this'll end well but i can't really do much... he thought and then moved in front of Artem and the man. "We should probably go right?" he said with a nervous smile.

Back