Midnight Sun

Artem scoffed at the joke her eyes were amused and a small smile hit her lips. It was a terrible joke given his circumstances, most people would be whining about the situation. She though maybe he wasn't as weak as she had assumed. She tilted her head as she thought looking at the ceiling, "Would you like to learn to fight? I can train you, surely you don't want to stay weak." Her gaze landed back on him as she finished talking and she smirked.

"Sure! I don 't think anyone like me would want to stay weak.." he said smiling and noticed her smirk, "What..i can be strong when i want to be" he crossed his arms and pouted.
After sitting for a little while he got up and looked at the table of weapons again, "I can't believe you know how to use these..how long did it take to learn each weapon?" he asked turning around slowly so he doesn't fall on his face.
Maybe i could learn some more stuff about this place through them..

Artem's scoffed again her small smirk turned to a slight grin, "I suppose so." Artem watched him walk to the table and waited for him to turn before lifting herself from the bed and walking over. "A few months...I trained every day though, in any free time I found..." Her hand brushed over a dagger and she paused before picking it up. "Do you know how to use a dagger?" Twirling it in her finger she glanced at him before holding it out to him, hilt leaning towards him. "We can start with this..or hand to hand combat. You pick." There was a confident tone in her voice, she knew she could overpower him regardless, though she was curious as to which he'd choose.

"Um..hand to hand combat" he said looking at her, "I mean..before learning to use a weapon i need to learn to use my body right?" he flapped his arms a little emphasize. Hopefully this doesn't hurt worse than her cleaning my wound.. he thought wondering if he chose the right thing to learn, though..i have a feeling she's still going to win whether it hurts or not..

Artem flipped the dagger bending down to place it in her boot as he spoke. "Correct...You are not a stupid as I thought." Standing back up she ruffled her hair and looked at him. Her words were blunt, turning away from him and motioned for him to follow her. "Follow me." She didn't wait to see if he would, walking out of her room she walked down the hall filled with various doors back to the stairs, walking down the stairs she spotted her brother, the two boys from before. She gritted her teeth and ignored them, they spotted her and the boy behind her. Strix smirked and walked over to his sister, "Why hello little sister, and human you are still alive! What luck you have." He was teasing him the humor and snide in his voice obvious, Rai walked behind hi silent as usual.

Oh no.. Somil thought as he stole a quick glance at Artem, "I..guess?" he said looking at both of them before reaching out to hold onto a little bit of Artem's clothes, Just in case if she decides to walk full speed again..i'll be able to keep up with her..
Somil frowned but lowered his head so that they wouldn't notice, I'm surprised Artem hasn't already blown up on them.. he wondered if it was because of her father or she just didn't care.

Artem's eye twitched in irritation, "What do you want Strix?" The boy smirked and looked between the pair, "Oh nothing~ I just wanted to say hello, after all, I heard father scolded you for taking over patrol." Strix Laughed and Artem balled her fists, "When will you learn Artem, you're a girl, go prance in the fields or embroider something." His smirk and were held a tone of maliciousness, Artem dug her nail into her fist and watched her laughing brother prance away, Rai in tow. She took a moment the anger clear as her hands were clenched, she took a deep breath and unclenched her fists turning to Somil. Her expression was stoic as she looked him over to make sure he was fine, confirming he was fine she turned back and finished walking down the stairs.

"I know i have no say in family business but that was messed up" he said when they got to the bottom of the stairs, She has so much self control it's scary.. Somil thought as they walked, silently praying she doesn't end up taking the anger out on him when she taught him about hand to hand combat.
He looked at her hands to see if they were still clenched but they weren't and he blew out a breath and he reached up to feel the bandage on his head, enough self control to not kill me when she should have..

Last edited:
Artem didn't comment when he spoke, she knew it was messed up, she knew it was unfair to her. But, she had no place to say anything to them. Artem led him through the halls and eventually reached the training area. It was mostly empty a few men scattered around the area. They nodded their head in respect to her but said nothing more, eyeing Somil curiously some in wonder other's gazes seemed more threatening. She stopped when they reached an empty space it was a patch of dirt with a red circle surrounding the area. Turning to him she looked him over, "What do you know about fighting?"

"I know that you can protect yourself and others by fighting" he replied without hesitation, "and you can use fighting to prove your strength if you're challenged.." he paused as he shook off the millions of eyes that were trained on him, don't worry about them..focus on learning..
"I don't really know what styles of fighting you use here..so..my idea could be different.." he said making sure not to take his eyes off of her, it's just a feeling..but just to be sure..

"Attack me. With whatever fighting style you set fit." Artem ignored those around her, it was clear they were watching them. Not only because she was a woman but also because he was a creature none of them had seen before. Artem shifted her stance so she was standing sideways. She didn't crouch or hold her hands up in defense her hands placed at her sides she narrowed her eyes and motioned for him to attack her. "Do not be afraid, i will go easy on you."

"Um..Ok.." Somil said quietly, hesitating slightly so he just circled around her for a few seconds before running to her and swinging his leg to kick, this might be a bad idea but..i'll learn.. he thought hoping she doesn't break it.

Artem's eyes followed him as he circled her, she analyzed his limbs as he moved. When his weight shifted for him to lift his leg she smirked and ducked grabbing it as she crouched. She was afraid if she flipped him he might not get back up. Letting his leg go she stood back up dusting herself off. "Don't think...Just move, Again. Attack."

Just move? Somil thought confused and a little lost but he followed her directions. Sprinting towards her again, he jumped to the side and swung his body around to kick again.

Artem watched as he backed up and then sprinted towards her again, she didn't expect him to jump and was caught a bit off guard but lifted her arms to brace and protect herself from the kick. He wasn't as weak as she expected nor as strong, the kick didn't move her but it did hurt just a bit. She lowered her arms and looked at him. "Good job human." There was a proud look in her eyes that didn't reach her face. "Now. Do you know anything about defense? I think It might be easier to teach you that way, I don't think you're strong enough to take on one f our kind or any other netherly creature for that matter, just yet."

She didn't move that time..did she already know i was going to jump and kick? he wondered but shook of the thought, that's impossible because i didn't even know i was going to do that..but she can do the impossible.. "True.." he agreed, not necessarily breathing hard but just a bit winded from moving that fast, "So do i do the same thing i just did?" he asked her, not really sure on what to do next.

Artem shook her head and stood back up, "This time I'll attack...But, I'll go easy on you. See if you can see what I'm going to do." She waited for him to get in whatever defensive position he was going to before charging at him she crouched quickly and went to sweep his legs from under him.

As if on instinct he jumped, rolling on his side when he landed and trying to stand back up just in case she went for him again. How the heck i do that?! I can even walk without falling..yet i'm jumping like a frikin rabbit! he thought and he frowned a little bit rolling on his toes to run, but not knowing to where.

Artem turned her head as he rolled on his side away from her. He had good reflex, her instincts had been right. He was better at defending his than attacking, a prey instinct for sure. Artem stood and turned before jumping in the air to flip and held her leg out as she landed to hit him in the chest. If his reflexes were good he'd be able to dodge, but if they weren't she would kick the wind out of him. She was hoping it was the first option. The people surrounding them had stopped to glace at the pair interested in the princess and her 'new toy'

Bolting to the side Somil's eyes widened as he backed away from her, careful not to step out of the red circle. Yeah so that kick was definitely aimed to break my ribs..should i fight back or do i stay on defensive? he crouched out of breath but his eyes still on her as he tried to catch his breath.

Back