Midnight Sun

Artem landed in a crouch and lifted her head, seeing he was out of breath she paused. Should I attack? It was clear he didn't share the same stamina as she did, this was merely a warm-up for her. Artem sighed and lifted herself from the crouch walking over to one of the men and muttering something incoherent. The man quickly ran off and came back with a bag like an item, she grabbed it and thanked the man before walking back to Somil. "Here, water..." She paused as she waited for him to take it, "You have good reflexes, which is good. Anyone else would have the wind knocked out of them from that kick. I was almost worried I might kill you...But, my intuition is usually never wrong."

"Well thank god for that.." he said taking the pouch and drinking some water, "So i did good?" he asked her sitting down cross legged, looking up at her and fiddling with the pouch in his hands, I knew it! I would've died if she landed the kick! he thought not as scared as he imagined for some reason but he was just happy that he moved fast enough for her not to.

Artem glanced at him before correcting him, "Goddess...and Yes you did better than I anticipated." She glanced down at him with her arms crossed smiling down at him. "We can take a break before we continue, I have to consider ways to improve your attack, you're reflexes may be good on defense but you need to at least learn the basics if you plan to use a weapon."

"Ok..I'm still terrified of you kicking and punching me..you know that right?" he said taking another sip and standing, "I like your smile..you should do that more often" he said watching her before holding out the pouch, "Do you want some? I might throw up if i drink anymore"
So i need to work on my attack huh...i can do that..i think..

Artem looked at him amused, so he was terrified, "Good, fear is a good caution to have while fighting. If you are overconfident or to sure of yourself without knowing if you can win you will lose without fault." As he stood she was still smiling, it faltered as he continued speaking. Artem stared at him her cheeks a tinge of pink. Had she smiled? She didn't notice. Clearing her throat she looked away from him and took the water sack before lifting it to her lips to drink. When she had finished she threw it at one of the men who had been staring at them. Artem covered her mouth to try and conceal her light blush not being able to bring herself to face him just yet. It was very rare anyone had given her a compliment she couldn't remember the last time

Is she not used to being complimented? Somil thought when she turned away from him after he'd complimented her smile, she must've been put down for everything she did so she was never told how nice she looked..well i don't mind doing that..
He was determined to compliment her every time he saw her, which wouldn't really be so hard seeing that he's going to be by her side almost always. "So what are we going to work on next?" he asked hiding his excitement from his new goal to occupy himself while he was with the princess.

Artem wanted to laugh at the excitement in his voice, was he that happy to learn? She managed to shake the blush from her face as she turned to him. "Maybe basic combat movements. Getting you to attack would be hard without the basics..." She paused for a moment her ears lowering as she thought before perking up as an idea came to her, she took a stance. "Punch me as hard as you can."

"What!?" Somil said stepping back, "Do you see this? This is the weakest thing!" he said flapping his arm as he pointed to it. I don't even think i'd be able to hit her at all let alone punch her with all the strength that doesn't really look like exists in my arm!
"My arm might break on impact!" he yelled but followed her instructions bending his knees a little.

Artem laughed a bit a small look of amusement passed her features. "You're arm will not break...maybe." She paused her ear twitching as she actually thought about it. Shaking her head she looked at him determined, "I need to gauge your strength...But you will not die, just be prepared to dodge." She waited for him to ready himself and brought her arms up t defend herself if needed. Sh head to remind herself to go easy on the human.

Somil made sure to clear his mind again before he ran to her and swung his arm, not aiming at her face but at her shoulder. He made sure to keep his body tense just in case if he needed to spring away from her quickly. If she swings at my side i might be able to dodge that...or i could turn and bring my legs up.. he thought looking using his peripheral vision to see what she will do.

Artem watched as he ran towards her, he swung his arm, she blocked her face even though she knew it wouldn't hit her. She let his hit connect with the shoulder, it wasn't as hard as she was used to, but, i also wasn't as light as she had expected. Artem met his eyes and moved as though she would swing at his side before lifting her leg to kick him instead. Of course it would hurt if it landed, but, it wouldn't kill him.

When his eyes met Artem's he saw her move to swing at his side but he hesitated long enough to see her leg lift to kick him. Wait what?! he thought slightly panicking before he spun to try block it, This is gonna hurt.. he thought as brought he his legs and arms up to make sure she wouldn't kick his stomach.

Artem's leg connected with his side. She turned landing on her two feet, she looked at him waiting for his reaction. "Are you alright?" She tilted her head adn looked at him a bit concerned from how hard she had kicked him.

"Yup.." he grunted out before laying on the ground, "That hurt..a lot..." he closed his eyes and took a big breath in curling up when he felt the pain in his side, Never again..will i do that..ever.. he thought clenching his teeth so that he doesn't cry, do not cry..you're weak but not THAT weak..
He laid there for a while before trying sitting up, wincing at the pain but happy no bones were broke, "Ok...what's next?" he said standing and straightening up a little bit.

Artem looked down at him, it was clear her kick had hurt him more than she expected. "I was sure that you would dodge it...But, I may have overestimated to soon." Tapping her chin she thought about the best way to teach him, unsure of just how much he could handle. Him being curled up on the ground was quite the sight, when he got up she was a little bit shocked staring at him with adamant curiosity. "Surprising, I expected you to be weeping on the ground like a pup...hmm" She looked at him smiling slightly, he was proving to be a lot stronger than she expected. "If you're sure you can continue we will....How about you try to hit me, I will dodge. And when you hit me you will have succeeded."

"Ok.." he said pushing the pain in his side out of his mind, If i hit her i win but if i don't she does...ok.. he thought before he sprinted towards her swinging his arm to hit her as he planted his foot down to jump anywhere she went. Something stirred in his chest when he swung, a feeling he couldn't recognize at first but he made a mental note to think about it later.

Artem almost missed his swing, when she looked into his eyes she saw a familiar sight. She ducked and moved to the side out of the way, looking up at him she chuckled. "Almost got me but try again." Artem was teasing him, was she actually having fn? It had been a long time since she played a game.

Somil frowned a little as he followed her swinging again, Dang..i thought i was gonna get her that time...maybe i could try something else.. he thought as he spun to kick making sure to keep his eyes on her so he'd know where to swing if she jumped.

Artem watched his leg lift but given her crouch, she hadn't been fast enough to avoid it, she lifted her arms to block the hit and it moved her slightly. It hurt a bit more than anticipated, she lowered her arms and rubbed her forearm just a bit in pain. "Good, you caught me off guard. You are very observant."

"I did?" he said a surprised, "I thought you were gonna jump.." he said and the pain in his side hit him full force, making him drop onto the floor and clutch his side. "I'm not so sure i can continue anymore.." he said curling up again and the pain got worse so he just laid there not trying to move fearing the pain might kill him.

Back