Midnight Sun

Artem nodded, "Yes, I had little time to get up from ducking an-" She saw him fall clutching his side. So she had hit him too hard. She looked around, "You. Go get the medic and send him to my quarters now!" She bent down and looked at him. "Ah don't worry about continuing. The medic will come soon, just try not to die?" Her words were unsure and she picked him up almost effortlessly in her arms, she was trying her best to be careful. Artem walked back inside down the halls and up the stairs until she reached the room the medic patiently waiting.

"Princess what happened? And is this the human?"

Somil bit back tears as the pain in his side grew when he laughed at what Artem had said, "That's me.." he said raising his hand as if the medic had asked him a question and not the princess. I guess that was pretty stupid ignoring the pain while training...it's probably not that bad.. he thought hoping that was the case because if he died here he wouldn't be able to work on figuring out this place he was stuck in.

Artem sighed pulling the medic to the side, "Yes he is the human, I was teaching him how to fight and I kicked him in the side." The medic rubbed his temples staring at her in disbelief, "Princess if your father found out-" Artem put her hand up, "He won't just please help him." The medic sighed and walked over to the bed, "Lift your shirt up. I need to see if it's bruised."

Somil followed the medic's instructions and lifted his shirt not daring to look because the pain in his side might hurt worse if he tried. Please..i hope it's not bad... he thought but then there was a sharp pain running up to his neck, on second thought...it might not be so bad..at least i'll be able to know what's wrong with me...
"Is it bad?" he said shaking a little as he tried to stay still but his side protested, "Please tell me i don't know how much longer i can keep it up.."

The medic looked at his side in shock and looked at the princess who rubbed her neck. "I did try to hit him gently." The doctor rubbed his temples, "You may lower your shirt, from first glance she may have broken your rib. There's no look of internal bleeding. But you will need rest. and the princess as punishment for me keeping her secret will treat you." Artem went to protest but closed her mouth when the doctor gave her a look, "Your father will have my head if he finds out. luckily I can keep your secrets."

Somil was relieved that he could put his shirt down, but a little stunned when he found out he had a broken rib and Artem was going to care for him. "So...how long do i need to rest?" he asked the medic looking at him worriedly, "And am i going to die?" he tried to shift so he could find a position where to pain would ease up a little but it just got worse, so he just gave up and decided to deal with it.

The medic looked at him and laughed, "Luckily no, but we do have herbs that will ease the pain. I'd suggest you rest for a week. That should give it enough time for it to hurt a lot less. As for it to heal...well I've never been a human so I'm not sure. The princess with give you the herbs every few hours. and do tell me if she starts being mean." The doctor teased and Artem scoffed, he was a gentle man and the nicest person she knew.

"I don't think she would be mean to me" Somil said smiling at Artem, "She's a very nice woman..that i've met here" he said blushing a little and turning his head so they wouldn't notice. What the heck was that?! he thought and then he pretended to rub his nose, to hide his blushing face, but he stopped when pain shot up his side again, Oh well...i'd rather let them see it than hide it in pain..

Artem looked at him when he said she was nice. Her face turned pink and the doctor chuckled. "If you say so sir. I will leave the herbs here. Please take it with food. And something to drink. It does not have a pleasant taste but it will do the trick. Now if you'll excuse me princess I must get back." The doctor place a package on the table and smiled leaving. Artem walked over to the table and picked up the package before looking at him. "I apologize for kicking you so hard....it seems humans are much more....fragile than I anticipated."

"Hey I'm pretty tough! I honestly thought i had like a cramp or something" he said pouting but then he laughed, "Seems your leg wasn't gonna let me go that easily..huh?" he smirked as pain shot up his side again, making him want to curl up like he did during training but he knew that would probably make it worse. I knew it! She's not used to compliments! he thought as he noticed her blush, I'm not going to compliment every move she makes...just when she really needs it..

Artem looked at him and let out a small sigh, "Being able to move the way you did with a broken rib is pretty amazing." Artem watched him laugh before turning to the table with the herbs. "Do you want to eat before you take them? We have deer meat and fruits if you eat those.." Her words trailed off as she turned to look at him herbs in hand. "I can request the maids to have some ready.. And if you prefer they can probably administer it better than I could."

"Um..i'll just eat anything you give me...as long as it doesn't kill me" he said jokingly half serious, "I'm not picky so tell me to eat and i will" he shrugged and closed his eyes, maybe i can get in a few minutes of sleep while I'm resting.. he thought but peeked one eye open to watch Artem, not that i don't trust her..i just don't want to get the daylights scared out of me..

Artem thought about it for a moment and settled for getting him fruits, from her lack of knowledge about his kind she didn't want to take any chances. She walked off and opened the door allowing it to close behind her, she requested that the maids bring some fruits. Once they scurried off she walked back in the room, removing the knife from her boot she walked to the weapon table and placed it back there. "I've requested they bring fruits. I'm not sure if our meat will kill you...we can test that theory once you aren't wounded...Did you enjoy the training?" She turned to him leaning against the table. She felt like his coming her was a part of something she wasn't supposed to know.

"Eh..aside from a broken rib..it was really fun" he said with his eyes now open, "You're a great teacher you know...i never knew how to fight until now.." he said turning his head looking at her leaning against the table, yet it felt somewhat familiar to fight... he thought curiously and then he was confused, but how is that possible? I don't remember fighting anyone...or thing here or in my world..wherever that is..

Last edited:
Fun...Artem thought about the ords as it ran through her mind. It had been fun... When he called her a good teacher she shook her head. "I'm not... I only helped you react to instincts....I shouldn't have been on the training found in the first place. My brothers could have done much better.." She cleared her throat and pushed herself off the table as a knock was heard on the door. Frowning she walked over opening it slightly she grabbed the bowl of fruits closed the door walking back over to the bed. Artem held out the bowl and looked at him. "Here. eat."

Somil took the bowl of cool looking fruits looking at them he picked an orange one. Biting into it he scrunched his face up when turned out to be sour, "Wow..that's a punch to the face" he said and he put it back in the bowl and picked up a red fruit. "Please don't kill me with sourness.." he said before biting into it, "It's sweet!" he said surprised and he bit into it again.

Artem watched him with amusement. "You seem to like the berries more than the trelin's." She set the bowl on the bedside and grabbed a cup stirring the herbs in it, "This will not taste pleasant...If we were elves we could simply heal your wound no problem. But we have little magic." Artem sat the cup on the small table beside the bed before walking over to drag a chair and sit in front of him. She thought about things they could do now, sh had a week and she disliked not doing anything. Her father would suggest she make a tunic or learn to dance.

"Ok.." Somil said and then he held his hands out to take the cup, "Nothing that is good for you always tastes good.." he said putting a smile on his face, Actually nothing that's good for you tastes good at all...but I don't want to seem pessimistic while being hurt.. he thought as he looked at Artem, her eyes changed...they used to be shiny and..crystal-like..but now they're soft...

Artem shrugged and leaned on her hand, she turned her gaze to stare out the window. Her soft eyes turned a darker color and she frowned. "Tch." She watched her brother's scourge the training fields, making a mockery of fighting. She swore she was the only one to take it seriously. "Imbeciles." Turning her gaze from the window she looked down at him and crossed her arms again. "Being weak..is unfortunate."

Somil had finished downing the herbs in the cup when he heard her say that, "Are you talking about me being weak?" he said arching a brow playfully and he smiled, "That was the most disgusting drink i'd ever tasted here..but i guess it's fine if it means that i'll get better.." he sat for a little while being silent, but bored.
"Do you want to do something?" he asked even though he wasn't supposed to get up, he still wanted to at least do something.

Back