[Mixed Genre, Open World Roleplay] Chronicles of the Omniverse

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
-lIYGHgKrzPfWifWhxUgKTyimBMMFvZzKFs2G5H9RkYoKuROtK1dPAfrT5Mjjpt5Tnw9RtTmizPIFfy8gn9iLQJopZop8jhXGxuxJv3RgUpIt55Wq5sdbUOfQwB1UfKk50pSfBiEruRH40MJMXHmYj8W43rEPNaxizDiIXHxnPDi0Msvzh8bdjuWGQGLW0G8zabF0tNjmYVui9hkMM-6HBhSnYvt1rj_y1zZ-TL2hwOPeTQHWfctPGmdvHOlv6yg-QjX6mkcRo0fl5dW5ZUd9WSxrVRBJiQqoT7aHvUVV0DJsWYl8VJVuA5JFqWOLNRRnEZXXdrQxW8sK1GpZNKUP8o5bBMCMcu94ZqWI9iQX3N38mChAzzhn6i_hrlke0BIOfrsyxBLdUfWQcZc3i3w2S-u9uWw9wuOsmnNVSkEssmMNWnGDibBHyWPc4_q41dU6QQWdaF-bRIOjulyJMbxcMal1fgCbXIdYJs5JLRmfuZdor5mW5-rdHuT1AO1AGRsECcjpNstp3dSNyP8ZTT_G9GMkGHrufR2Lm4FRJP4vtAWa0H1iRTV33S7BpODu_mfaPtLmMHl-u7KwAyOYDrXoWm5MKmlMMghbzF6giO3CEyxbpyRnQlb4pR5UGJ9mRzbAx4GQsWnZP-IUUSEzx2YYWMrXTBRmgLC2VM=w680-h230-no

Chronicles of the Omniverse

Chronicles of the Omniverse
is an open sand-box roleplay for people of all RP interests and skill levels. We have a number of established players and regions already, so the RP has a solid start and a diverse range of settings to support bringing in new players.

The Omniverse is a bit more structured than some sand-box RPs, and it contains many well developed regions and groups of players driving a wide variety of plot-lines and stories. These stories take place on all tiers of life from small character driven stories centralized to a specific region, all the way on up to over-arcing galactic storylines that span entire worlds. There are medieval fantasy realms, modern nations, space-faring sci-fi empires, and everything in between.

The RP itself is maintained not by a specific GM, but by the players themselves who are free to continue to add and contribute their own lore and creations the world. It is very much a group project.

If you find the number of threads and settings in the Omniverse to be a bit daunting this is because the playstyle of Chronicles of the Omniverse is a little different than a lot of people are familiar with. How it works is that each thread represents an in game location, and you RP by moving from thread to thread as your character moves around the Omniverse.

Due to the somewhat overwhelming scope of the roleplay we take a very hands on approach with introducing new players into the roleplay so as to ease them into it slowly rather than expecting new players to figure out all of the ins and outs at once.

Let us know what you're looking for regarding genres, group sizes, writing styles, etc. Chances are we have a setting that will suit, or can get one started!

I'll also include some previews in my next post of some of our ongoing settings to give an idea of some things that we have to offer.

Note: We're especially looking for people interested in taking point on creating and driving story lines! So if you're someone who has a great idea for a roleplay, but is apprehensive about starting up their own independent roleplay, feel free to share it here. We would be more than happy to give you the space and support you need to get your ideas off the ground, and to make them a part of the Omniverse setting.

Last edited:
The following is not an exhaustive list of locations within the Omniverse, but instead serves to offer a few brief previews of some of our available settings. In particular I picked out settings that would be easiest for new players to slip into. We also encourage new players to bring their own stories, regions, and settings to the Omniverse if they wish.​

SeCNFvEN54WSSOVqjgM8lWkrHDsawtOrbi4ooKOhDvHhN9EveEUzCzsv7UScucAtgTSCSsDf4evPXpKd4yKFdmS-BudysvdRUlRo4emRfroCjK7F5b2xkQQtiDLqpzlZWhJYM0Coibp5wZUYmsvwU5-hfHhX4D3HmYNnTbu5-USAe9lJ21kiCmYDq7uSAgMLl4kgWyQgl_k93X0qS6_sPdNG7eobM7r-dpuse1oYI04bUYNPG0u2D2U4GvqBZvyUojMvAlVTAADqoPAsXUUEWcdAETYaKY772roFxIzhi9Rb1l3mo-bglDIMDFQC3hZ7ylVZExHt4NgTqud011NVZH7ohm3N_doeTdeyqJaYk4jRqiVbiHnyoouSzdclHkyxrHNeMO6yuur7UOLof4Sj0Yg9AoYnaY8wupxbhKAea0YxMaieuxhBy4-68ePP00NJjJvkRjEAwL5JJtLaWFjpCL77lgskZsJGH81Dmm6zhTWYuspHfhgQDJtBFDPh5l9YpApbSso4inRSFW8SnxiPgiitqoM1BU8l1M3n2Df21IcjeP8ouAXeazC_rI3HtHlbopqvEZLLSDNEEKFdR3m5tjg7MzMwlnw9_JBKNiB9np0KCpSf=w649-h350-no

Westeria City
(mixed genres)
Situated at a nexus point of converging realms, this city once served as the pinnacle of Valoran diversity - that is to say it was a city that served as a melting pot of all walks of life. From medieval samurai to futuristic androids, every race, culture, religion, ethnicity, and species (native and alien both) could be found in this city of anomalies. It also served as one of the major hubs for international travel to and from Valore.

Though that is not to say that the city was not without its ills. Of all the continents of Valore, Terra was infamous for its planar instabilities and Westeria was a hot spot for supernatural occurrences. The citizens of Westeria routinely faced down their share of threats from demon-lords-of-chaos, to demigods and everything in between.

Further adding to the internal strife of the city was the simple fact that not all of its ethnic representatives had managed to coexist peacefully. Westeria possessed a high concentration of immigrants - both legal and illegal. Competition and hostilities between many of these ethnic neighborhoods flourished out of control and gang activity ran rampant. Many were quick to blame these groups for the growing crime rates within the city, but they were just one of many ills.

Despite this, Westeria enjoyed a moderately high level of prosperity for a time, but all things have their breaking point. Torn assunder by the growing planar instabilities of the Midlands, the city has buckled and fallen to anarchy. Deemed uninhabitable by the TNG and abandoned, the city now flounders onward, serving as home to pockets of civilization too stubborn to evacuate it when it fell to chaos.

Large swaths of the city remain uninhabited while pockets of life converge together in the safer regions of the city. A large forest sweeps through much of the central regions of the city, and once tall skyscrapers lay crumbled in the streets of other regions. Charred stone and bullet holes speak of the battles that have swept its streets.

With no over-arching government or system of law in place, what civilization still remains within the city has begun to splinter into clan like entities, each maintaining their own hold over various regions of the city - some more well maintained and safer than others. Some districts find themselves devoid of electricity or running water, or hobble on with the use of unstable generators, while wealthier districts seem almost normal as people drive to and from work pretending that life will go on as it always has. They are often quick to turn a blind eye to the ills that lay beyond the barricades and militiamen that have become a thing of normalcy in these districts.

Many individuals choose to cloister together within the bubble of safety that these locations offer, while others make their living scavenging from the abandoned districts, facing whatever ills now crawl the streets of this once proud city.

How long the city can endure on in such a state is anyone's guess, but with no means of trade or governmental aid, it's only a matter of time before resources run thin.

zuAUhPoRoqundWWx1UFFk1VLmSKgJijmR1vOrfBJVynnUYnWuny0n5CV1L1Mj0_nQHoDWD-SBjCVBYHkxX_eVIOmr6Uat9XlcXYf6i64rN-aggMFpGIc35iAuLFrrHXqCgoNIKWmyZ0wcmhRWJw25PEOU0p1aYY5kKHmIH-DKbBCEkPse-XkybMlsqFcL8LMiFpzLCY5wAAmICFRhB_SwPAyhW8hEhEHgbPOvTztVjt2m-5RqVV_ZPtxh_g_1e3-Ko6P4kGm8XHhMfJ7PsajGp2unSKPB_4jltHjp_k-_Q5B1pYPjQrVcKh3KR5vXj9po1iqq7GEfSderwbhNDpWm6iQooZ9S9QwmGGppJDhc5IMLfJCdGc17uydPjSvUzM8KtkrWiFP33jN4vj0no3plZZXCG08C7OKS_TXdcLwzDznay6-YgG60NhynVKd9d57_6b5WlItGytlyivGx6y-ZV1CdumlY_PXSYCZBm-teJ8aA4gd2xSr0hylGlIZMecqm3qT21n9CvohozZVZn-ChMbcsuLM847SEkJbXPKdBztMAQafQZfJ2g-ljHYWvQHFoK35YUX96m-wGReLmgbItTuXmi1Ey3dobPK8GXDs-g=s300-no

Lutetia
(dark urban-fantasy)

Lutetia is a small, impoverished city state, but despite its impoverished nature, Lutetia has carved a name for itself for its artful and fashionable community. Lutetian art, music, fashion and cuisine are world renowned, and its rich historical background make Lutetia a marvel to scholars and historians alike.

For those living within Lutetia though, a very different picture is painted. Most of the wealth within Lutetia is concentrated into the hands of the small upper class, while the rest of the populace is left to live in squalor. Disease and illness run rampant in the poorer regions of Lutetia, and crime rates are record high.

Lutetia is ripe with supernatural elements as well. Urban werewolf packs run rampant through the streets of the cities, and vampires have staked a claim to the night. Necromancy, witchcraft, and wizardry are a thing of the norm among the populace, and an underground struggle wages between the Evêquec church and the supernaturals. Mercenary groups have risen to prominence within these internal conflicts, and their numbers can oft be found widespread throughout Lutetia.

sCUoRQNK4WpGIKM6oDx2RHKt1MjEA-QQ6yIqzdnqrK8YeOb51ZobqjrQVHT-NlTqej5Ue2-_bjG5EMZEgzDNtQLktXx_NjrnQIy1xOvBlK82prrbcqfWoXC36wIb_x_3aK6ZXIBzcqr3pp0IlEEizkHR6dfMYAPt04IdpHCMSv5C9x7az0QeZwlMoqzuwh6idAvvBdQDLTee22zJZEWw3fPVuRAc6p7FAWam1QL_3iFBdqoHK5jtrKMPiZgT4T-pRN0HrFfMAOZnUo4Wktzv-yxE8IwMWcRbpunRskRx4_WbSDZghrYbJ6bHt3Oia886DzTRq4xd3m649269rRqjKbYqpnr_U4l5HBwwEOaI9hRkDD1Romr4AX2nkZh1sct7GcPE0Pb7vS-mdqdlUeo_W9qqwMbvBuIkVOTGQqjtwZ11BX9ZQJEP2xqbGhbWbnZgEDJP-eEmWVzF58b0dMRMQRfJVJMyQIDoV56AeLI4vcG2PdXn2ILRmWyowMY5jEoOOEcIYPi1m16Q56_oTR0NKuOUu4loisurFQF0cFgHuJ2xNbhSljiXAb6GNK0z80Tx98pPcNZt5ExWrzujlgrf7H4E5mc9ShmnDPIezFA4pMaei2mQNJ46xb_u93tHNZtYtQM3pfX9rnmCoCiOjV92PehzhhPyxhtYJwvpx-tKP-YoDw=s200-no

Elysian Vanguard
(high fantasy/mixed genres
)​

Bound together by a common cause, the Elysian Vanguard grew to its prime at the peak of the Orsa of Terminus' rise to power. With its sworn foe defeated these legendary warriors have scattered across Valore to resume their lives, but old ties are not easily severed. With a kinship forged through blood and sacrifice, perhaps these champions of old only await a time when Valore might have need of their strength once more, a time where one might call them back.

The call has been sounded across the realm for those with a heroes heart. Whether you be old, young, veteran, novice, or wayward soul in need of new beginnings, all with the seed of a champion within them will feel the tug of the resonating call. The compulsion to seek out the temple from your dreams calls you northward into the icy peaks of Terra, to the Elysian Vanguard stronghold.

It is the same dream as last night, and the night before, and the night before that. You stand atop an icy ridge surveying the far reaches of the land that stretch for miles upon miles. At your back a regal temple stands sentinel, both tall and proud with its banner flying high. The cold chill of the wind bites at your skin with unrelenting fury, but strength hardens your heart for the coming storm. The realm cries out for champions, for those who can weather the perils they will face in the days to come.

A voice reaches you upon the wind carrying the strength of the mountains in its resonating words.

'The Champions gather.'

3R_ATYytSSSGbRV2Bj5SfByTgL4Ysl1H2spWmppUH4zf7dHQgtbpXr7qF2yCxkfPrHbzyykc1HAYzVhpirY_-SMTPGrhNTyV7jHRF6VSXUZJckUqGmg2E6ds3uDhv6m9mq2waE_rBOwr_xraNN8ngrVyiSJdV5XDzT4Ar0UdjelpSKG9tt0_GqCP0Atd72qCtIsgsZIqNPsmAmwPSXtW_WKrug0G9ZfpCnXhOyOrnVDZblaJ2hnqAwXG0nPIB1k10KSuWCrE5Lvw2AE5eu6VVTwbwD1N_mrtOG98bax8TOt_g0_v6XcckziqKsxxepwwEgCUD28SJCNGbkmhljhN4ZsobTdrvUX-V8fWeOxQ06g4XvQD_mUrn892Je5OP8g0aZUBLxNqiK48eAjKobQy7IRdgzruDUAq3kLSbKq1zC9y5g2xq-kjZJXEvGEs6AN-3wcwPOqAWjQxb2aZxmhpmT4zr8Jctss4-Ty7oqsuxAgEyRFLz3nfIpUKHOjZ1EKNQAYrJ0xkBjVv9kSoJ2jdYbhHddWMe0XjyTGXIplmfytDhhf3bP7wj1BEItq9iF-2-KsS_WEMFCUyuTA0yHj7WsOzKg7JmT0YQ3BSjS0nMIfff83N=w650-h322-no

Aelora
(high-fantasy)

Aelora is a land forgotten. Legend tells of a blight known only as The Void that spread through Aelora two millenia ago. As nation after nation fell the last of the Aeloran races joined together to seal Aelora away in a final effort to contain the blight from spreading to other continents of Valore. A veil was erected and Aelora was lost to time and memory.

For two millenia the veil held and none could enter nor leave Aelora, and for two millenia the war with the void raged on. Nations were shattered, races driven into extinction, and what survivors remained retreated into mountain strongholds until the tides were turned with the return of the legendary Elysian Vanguard.

With the blight driven back the races of Aelora have stepped forward to reclaim their ancestral homes, but they aren't alone. With the passing of time the veil that separates Aelora from worlds beyond has begun to fray. Crossroads, or points at which the veil is weakest, have begun to form. These crossroads are typically places of power with high concentrations of magical energies that serve as temporary gateways between Aelora and the realms beyond. Should one happen upon one of those crossroads they might find themselves within this fantastical land of myth and legend. A crossroads can appear at any location within the realms and often one does not know when or where a crossroads will appear, or for how long it will remain.

Due to the high concentration of both void and fey magic within the lands of Aelora, both the flora and the fauna of the continent have been greatly influenced to give birth to all manner of fantastical species exclusive to this unique landscape.

H5DrptjnsP963D1pGHntVdH2u5EtNFf1DU0XXRXwbys316g0yUdh1LS5hzTH2KOrc7eBGB1nRaBtEfc754LByKb_FClH7kyjMsi3GlaB1crO68yNbegJ3sBp3WiIy7hzdgtv8IBlanlAiFfFWtlD3dIJcXKMvmbGPZqm5k3fO5bwd7oYsnWDwI6-B4ypju1_KduCpihl3dtKIsaM2Gqj5xv22lNpsr60mQZhPF7wHdxQ4v7iLihM9P16Q6vBwA3aTNOdrTBDUvUrKt5qEJFVqCIOjnBNea2ZmbGEeEzV2qZA74pRcYoQ3OelLWABwOBUx4g0OUKV8nvB2s9tTqVqKzCuWJX52h8jQyz2w2BZUcJCTUGEcB5IURZiYgXS5pIrmwut4yo-vUTuf6eTPSECeTZ1I9k-f9G-VVriVIRngCxjJJqVLvSgmqJDopCxC4W9OW25BeLO0La0Hnw2YTb9RDPuJjhkTyqZRcWJneAC3VRxlxqs8g6BdWG3Bntd6RKpUCIOYow6q7fiOjJ-gAl_fYQYOLxyZ97h06RI9xe-pd5jGx93k_FYjbaqxtOdRPuRSCtBvVCYnHkT3mK0S2E-n65Gyd4lJn1KrucBKnvbtg=w400-h282-no

Isiria
(science-fiction)

Isiria. Home of the free and land of the financially fortunate. This nation is comprised of several populated star systems within the Aurora nebula - though equality is a word that failed to take root in their vision of unification and prosperity. Isiria suffers a large class division between the wealthier citizens that make their home on the central planets - and those frequently scraping a living of drudgery and labor on the outer planets.

The central planets of Isiria are characterized by sprawling cities, flickering lights, low crime rate, advanced medical care, and pristine lakes devoid of pollution. It all comes with a price though, and for those who can't pay it there is the Kreios system.

Largely frontier land, civilization on the outer planets is frequently hard and devoid of the proper medical care and law enforcement. Though that is not to say that life on the outer planets is unbearable for everyone. For many it is far more favorable to live without the comforts of the central planets so they can live free of the scrutiny and control of the government.

Further adding to the division of the Isirian people are heavy regulations on weaponry. With much of advanced Isirian technological developments restricted to the hands of the government and military, the outer planets are out-gunned and out-supplied. Potential uprisings are largely stemmed before they can even begin.

We're still looking for new players for Chronicles of the Omniverse! Many of our older storylines have died down and we're looking for fresh new faces to start up all new ones!

Hey there you two :)

@Lazzamore is wanting to start up some stuff in Isiria if he can get enough players together. I'm tagging him so he can come bounce his idea when he's available.

We can always use new players in Lutetia as well. Especially the vampire and werewolf elements of it. I know @BrookeDi will be needing some players soon for some vampire mischief (we're still setting up for that), and I can always use werewolf players.

For you, Draco Shadowdragon, since you're not interested in either of those settings... I can personally always use more players for the Elysian Vanguard and it's usually an easy in for new players, and I can probably get you hooked up with other players for either Aelora or Westeria City (I'll just need to do some poking around). If any of those stand out to you more strongly than the others.

Hello! Sorry for the tardiness, been busy.

The gist of my idea revolves around some characters I've had for a while that I want to RP as; Space pirates aboard a ship called The Death in Red. I will play as the few remaining high-up pirates in the crew that came back together out of retirement, and are taking new members in to round out there ship in this latest 'money making venture'...

the Captain is an Orc from Valore who was the illegitimate son of the a space trader and his mistress, both of whom were murdered after Captain Garzok was born. Well, Garzok bounces around for a while before being taken in by a pirate for reasons not entirely known, now it is in his cold and hostile blood.

If you guys are interested in joining my crew, let me know!

Awesome. I actually have a player that joined recently that could use some new players in the area his character is at. I'll shoot you some information tonight after work.

Yep. Especially on Valore, which is a melting pot of a lot of stuff. We fully encourage people to add their own contributions and creations.

Hey sorry, didn't get home until late last night. If you can, shoot me a PM with a basic rundown of your character idea, Draco Shadowdragon? It'll give me a starting point to work with as far as where/how best to bring you in. And I can offer some suggestions on how to adapt the character to the specific setting if need be.

Any specific area of Lutetia that would interest you the most? I know BrookeDi will be needing more vampire peoples soon. And I can get you slotted into werewolf pack stuff pretty easily. There's other aspects of Lutetia also though that we can get you hooked up with.

Could I make multiple characters? Because I'd love to have both a vampire and werewolf

You definitely can. :) I'll be pretty busy tomorrow, because I work all day. But after that I have three days off, so that'll be a good time for me to get everything together for you guys. In the meanwhile, I recommend reading over this: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/lutetia.361/ That'll give you a rough overview of the city, as well as the vampire and werewolf elements. Should be enough to start letting you brainstorm on character ideas. In particular we need players for House Sylvestre, the ruling vampire house within Lutetia, and for both of the primary werewolf packs in play (Bloodstones and Scions). Bloodstones are more anarchist/biker themed, and Scions are more mafia/organized crime oriented.

Werewolves as bikers and mafia members? I love it already. Runs to read the lore

Werewolves as bikers and mafia members? I love it already. Runs to read the lore
Hey dude, if you're interested in Scions, I'm the one to get ahold of :) Any questions you may have, I'll happily answer. Just an FYI :)

Back