[Mixed Genre, Open World Roleplay] Chronicles of the Omniverse

I'm sorry. Is there a protocol for jumping into the Omniverse? Or can I just innately insert a character or two into a zone and start a plotline? What are some things that might help be getting started in the Omniverse?

@Midheaven , Currently new players to the Omniverse are required to be recommended to a gm by a current player. This is just to be sure that users read the rules and understand the region or regions they choose to join.

The best option when getting started in the Omniverse is to start small. It's a massive roleplay with tons of regions and lore all of which can be overwhelming at first glance. Choosing one region, to begin with, is the easiest way to integrate into the omniverse, that way you can get a feel for the roleplay. Once you feel comfortable in that region you can begin to branch out and learn about other regions if you are interested.

Was there any particular region that you were interested in?

Last edited:
Lutetia and the outskirts of Isiria were my first preferred destinations. Lowly. Grimy. Lots of peoples willing to part with information for a quick buck. I also am thinking of exploring eventually a remote corner of space to place more permanent seeds of retreat.

Clarification. There is no pre-existing player recommendation requirement. Any interested player can take it on themselves to approach a GM about joining. We accept all players as long as they respect and follow the rules of the roleplay.

I'm at work right now, but have the next two days off to help you get set up.

If I've read the Omniverse rules, and say I've even gone so far as to read some of the histories of the worlds I plan on visiting, then what additional efforts would a GM need to undertake to allocate a player into the roleplay? I apologize for my confusion.

It's generally a formality. The more proactive a new player is in getting themselves up to speed, the less actual review the GM needs to do with them.

We just can't trust that every single new player will take the time to do that. We had lots of people just diving in blindly, jumping into ongoing scenes that made no sense to jump into due to IC circumstances, and in general causing disruptions. We also had a lot of people jumping in, posting randomly once and then having no idea where to go. And lastly we had good players taking the time to read up on everything, only to jump in and miss some subtle but important IC development that hadn't been updated into any of the OOC pages (a frequent occurrence due to the nature of the roleplay), resulting in mistakes that where no fault of their own.

We set up the system of requiring new players to be checked over and given the green light before they can be added to the omniverse group to eliminate these problems.

For everyone that doesn't fall under such problems, it's a less involved process and more of a final check before getting the thumbs up.

That said, if you want to go ahead and get your starting character(s) added to the omniverse characters forum, you can. That forum is open to everyone.

I'll be available most of today. Only just woke up so I need to get breakfast and knock out my morning administration tasks before I can settle in to focus on roleplay stuff, but after that I don't have much planned for today other than getting caught up with people wanting to join the Omniverse. So just give me a poke when you're free.

Last edited:
I understand. I'll work on the character sheet. Thank you for your dedication for a smooth roleplay experience for all!

Im new here and chronicles of the omniverse seems really cool to me. I was just wondering how do I actually start an adventure there.

@Yukio Hey, I moved your post here. Help Desk wasn't really the place for it, since it was a roleplay specific question.

That said, I'll get with you tomorrow with some information into the Omniverse.

Did you have a specific region in mind that you were interested in? We didn't bother with links because the Omniverse is so large that it can get overwhelming for people just diving right into the threads. By narrowing peoples interest down ahead of time, we can more easily funnel information down, rather than throwing it all out at once.

Urban fantasy looks cool, so Lutetia I guess? A ghoul/djinn type charcater might be interesting, what with witchcraft and stuff going on.

Alrighty. I'm going to pass you off to @Knosis, who said she would be happy to help you get situated in Lutetia. I think she's at work right now though, so in the meanwhile, this link has a more in depth overview of the region: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/lutetia.361/

It's still a work in progress so there's some things that still need fleshing out, so if you need any information about anything not otherwise covered in that thread, don't hesitate to ask.

Ahoy! @Zarek Nice to see you again lol I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if you wanna inbox me directly, you and I can get started on ideas at least :)

So, how do I join this? Is there a chat? Or do I post something here? I got a bunch of ideas I'd like to share.

Good evening!

I'd like to know if it's possible to join Lutetia, as a vampire or necromancer for example.

Heyhey!
I would love to join the Omniverse; the Aschen Empire in particular. I've been in contact with Barney_Fife, and... well... :D

What happens next? :D

Back