ML New Heros.

Ginger

Smolginger
Melony Autry groaned in annoyance when she heard the sound of her alarm going off, it was one of her favorite songs by her favorite band 'Breakthrough'. Not something she would be annoyed with any other time during the day but currently it was waking her from some sleep that she'd would very much like to keep having. Sadly she had school and there was nothing she could do to get out of that really, throwing the blankets off of her she stood up and yawned. The blonde haired female dug through her closet and pulled out her pink top and shorts, slipping on some thigh high socks, throwing on her signature hat, and her shoes Melony was ready head to school. Grabbing her school bag and her phone, the young girl opened her door and was greeted to the sight of her brother's tall frame before her. The male grinned at his little sister and quickly placed his hand back down at his side, Melony believed that he was about to knock on her door before she opened it on him, "What did you need Clovis?" she asked the male, raising a brow in confusion. Eyeing the male suspiciously when he held a small box out to her, "I just wanted to give you your present Mel."

This caught her attention, she stared at the box for a few minutes before carefully taking it from her brother's hand, "You got me a present? This early in the morning?" she interrogated, taking in the unique designs of the black box covered in intricate red swirls, "Well yeah, but I ordered it online. it came in the mail, just think of it as your first day of school present." by then Melony had already opened the box and was greeted to the sight of red earrings with black spots, similar to a ladybug. A small smile appeared on her face, looking up at her brother she threw her arms around him in a hug and giggled, "Thank you Clovis, their adorable." she pulled back and reached to put them on, her phone's notification alerted her about a text. Melony pulled out her phone and gasped when she noticed the time, "Oh my gosh I'm going to be late for school!!" she cried in panic, shoving the box in her bag she moved around her brother and ran down the stairs, out the front door and towards the direction of her new school. Hopefully she'll be able to make it in time.

Winston made sure to wake up on time. He always made sure to wake up on time. Because if he didn't wake up on time, then sure as hell Madi wouldn't wake up on time, then neither of them would get to school on time, and that was not a habit he wanted to cultivate. He had enough on his plate already, and tardies were not even in the question. Especially not on the first goddamn day of school.

Most of the morning went by uneventfully. Brush teeth, brush hair, get dressed (decently, he was going somewhere where people's opinions mattered), eat breakfast. There was usually just enough time for him and Madi to sit down and have some cereal or whatever was laying around, but today Madi broke up the routine. Without a word of explanation, at least initially, she took something out of her bag and slid it across the table towards him.

It was a box. A small jewelry box, about the size of Madi's fist, black with intricate red carvings etched into every surface. There were so many questions to be asked already, but those could at least wait until he opened it. Although, upon doing so he had even more questions.

Inside the box was a ring. Not ornate, but finely crafted. It had a round-ish, blank frame for a decoration on its face-up side, and the metal was... hard to identify. One moment it shone silver in the light, and the next moment it seemed like pure onyx. All he could manage to do for a moment was stare at it, before he regained enough sense to ask "What is this?"

"A p-present." Was the answer he recieved, equal parts shame and pride in his sister's voice. When no further explanation was offered, the next question was.

"Why? You of all people know my birthday isn't until December."

A nod in reply, accompanied by a roll of the eyes. "A th-thank you p-present." Madi clarified, a little braver in her speech than before. "F-for working all s-summer. It was ch-cheap, f-found it in that sh-shop w-with all the magic st-tuff..."

AKA the local hippie witchcraft store, the one he told her not to go to without him because creeps liked hanging around there. On one hand, he could chew her out for that. On the other hand, getting him this gift must have really meant a lot if she was willing to break the rules to get it...

"You g-gonna p-put it on?"

Madi's question snapped Winston out of his train of thought, but as he looked up to answer, he caught sight of the time. So his answer was "Shit! We're going to be late!"

And in a flurry of dumped dishes, snatched schoolbags, and boarded buses, the little jewelry box somehow made its way into Winston's school bag. There it would stay, until its new owner discovered it again...

Melony gasped and came to a stop in front of her classroom door, she had just made it in time with 5 minutes to spare oh thank god! The female walked into the room and was a bit disappointed to see that her friends had already claimed two seats in the middle row of the room, "Traitors." she muttered to the two as she passed by, ignoring their playful chuckling and waving as she took the seat in the first row of the room.

She placed her pink bag down on the floor and opened it to pull out her notebooks, then she noticed the box her brother had given her. It couldn't hurt for her to put the earrings on now, her one problem was she couldn't put earrings on without looking in the mirror, she always had problems finding the small hole in her ear to put them in.

A sigh and a shake of her head Melony pulled out her pens and notepads before zipping up her book bag, "How dare you guys choose seats without me." she pouted at the two snickering people behind her, "Well you know what they say Melony-" Erik began in a teasing tone, "You snooze ya loose." Crowed Nina as she practically threw her self across her desk to hug Melony who laughed at her friends antics.

Pushing the dark haired girl off of her she placed her focus back onto the front of the class, there was only one minute left until class began and it had looked as if all the students were already here.

That meant she didn't have to deal with sitting next to someone else, it always bothered her sitting next to others she didn't know which is why she made sure to sit next to either Erik or Nina.

Doing so meant she didn't have to deal with nose pickers, gum chewers, women who wore too much perfume, or ones who were so snobby and bratty that she practically wanted to strangle them. Then there was the mayors son Claude Roussel, the most spoiled, snobby, and rudest boy she had even met.

He thought he was better than everyone in every way and waved his father's position around as if it got him whatever he wanted.. which was true, he infuriated Melony with his snotty attitude and if it weren't for Nina she'd have strangled him by now.

Last edited:
Well, Melony, prepare for your hopes to be dashed. Promptly thirty seconds before the bell rang, Winston Cunningham walked through the door, looking for all the world like he'd teleported to school rather than exerted any effort in travelling there. Even though in reality he was subtly controlling his breath in an attempt to calm his heart rate and he'd skidded to a halt about five feet out so he could rearrange himself before anyone saw him. He may be a stone's throw from being late, but he would be damned if anyone saw him disheveled. Slow bus lines would not ruin his reputation.

But of course, entering the room at the last minute meant there was only one seat open. Thank god it was in the front row, at least. He operated best in the front row, with as few distractions as possible. He wasn't quite enough of a dick to force someone else to move, but he would have been sorely tempted to for the rest of the year.

He didn't recognize the girl in the seat beside the empty one, some blonde with a lot of pink and probably a lot of energy, but he didn't really have any other choice so she would have to do. He gave her a curt nod as he slid into his seat, but offered her nothing else because he knew he didn't have the time. Introductions could wait for later, he was here to learn.

((I'll be going to bed early tonight for I am starting my first day of work tomorrow.....yay! ))

Melony's mouth dropped open as she stared at the male who just sat next to her, was she tempted to throw a fit? yes, was she going to do it? no because that would be hypocritical of her to do so when she knew she accused Claude of doing so. Even if she was right. The red haired male was dressed decently and looked way too serious for her tastes, probably high maintenance and as if he was ready to cut someone with his intellect if they even dare crossed him.

A quick glance behind her towards Nina and Erik she shot the two a glare as she mouthed 'this is all your fault.' to the both of them, she was not happy but there was nothing she could do now. Melony was no good with meeting new people, she'd accidentally insult them one way or another with her blubber mouth! Word Vomit as her father and brother would say, and she agrees with them on that as well.

She'd have to play nice with the male for the rest of the year or until they miraculously were able to change seats. Like that would ever happen anytime soon.

The blonde female huffed out a sigh and plopped her chin into her hand, a full pout on display as their teacher walked into the room to begin the class. It was homeroom so she'd mainly go over their schedule and school rules, depending on which subject she taught she would also be their 5 or 6th hour teacher. Right after their study hour and gym class.

"Hello children, I'm Claire Dumont. I will be your homeroom teacher and your history professor, Now then I'll get started with role call and proceed with the rules." Joy, going over the rules was going to be fun. Melony could already tell how this day was going to go and at this rate she wished she'd just slept in like she wanted to.

((Ooo, good luck!))

The first day of school was never the most demanding day intellectually, it was all about first impressions and setting up expectations. Which was why Winston knew better than to look completely done with everything before their first teacher even opened her mouth. Said teacher seemed average enough, she wasn't snippy or trying too hard and her voice wasn't grating or too quiet. She was just... average. Which worked well enough for him. It was less annoying to get information from someone who didn't waste your time.

After roll call started, the bored blonde's name was one of the first ones called. Melony Autry, a name he had little choice but to remember if he was stuck next to her. Hopefully his impression of her wouldn't worsen any further than this, and her impression of him wouldn't cause any problems. He didn't care much about particulars, but at least some basic respect would be nice. His name wasn't much further down the roll call list, so he promptly got that over with and returned his focus to the analytics.

Small class, he recognized some faces but not others. Immature mayor's brat was here, not looking forward to a reunion with him. Some loud, friendly people (Clarisse, of course she was in this class because what were the odds), some more quiet types, a couple jokesters, the expected grab bag of a high school classroom. Having at least one familiar face that he didn't want to mummify with duct tape was a plus, but he still hoped there would be a minimum on group projects.

Honestly, as long as he could get his schedule written out before the hour ended, that was all he really cared about. The sooner he could get all of that information in one place, the sooner he could plan out the entirety of his semester. He had a lot of other shit to do besides school, he needed to sort his time accordingly. Some people, Clarisse included, said doing this was 'neurotic', but he didn't follow his schedules to the letter. To the word, maybe, but he liked using his time wisely! Sue him!

The 'rules' portion was the same thing every year, a bunch of specific Do Nots that could easily be summed up with the singular phrase "Do Not Be A Dick." He hardly did anything in school, much less anything that would qualify as Being A Dick, so he never really cared. He sure as hell didn't show that he didn't care, but under his straight posture and hopefully-not-Bitchy Resting Face, he almost could relate to Melony Autry.

(( I am so sorry for the late reply. I had left for a while to visit family [last minute] and I got caught up with work >.< I happened to check my account the past few days and noticed a message from ya. My email didn't even notify me -cries- Been trying to get a reply out of myself for ya and get myself back into gear.))

Melony gave her greeting to the professor, alerting the woman that she was present, before the male next to her was called on next. Winston Cunningham. Huh, interesting name but it seemed fitting with how the male's personality seemed to be due to first impressions.

The blonde let out a huff of air as Mrs. Dumont drawled on about school rules, most of which would be broken by many students (herself included) as well as the mayor's snobby brat. Her forehead fell to the desk with a small thunk, all she wanted to do was find classes to for her schedule then go home and goof off with her friends. Was that so hard to ask for?

"With that said, I hope each and everyone of you excel in your classes and have a wonderful year in school." Dumont announced, a large smile on her face as she surveyed the room full of students. The older woman opened her mouth to say something else but the bell signaling for the next class period had interrupted her, "Ah, That was the bell for your next class. I will see you all for study hall if you choose to come to my classroom for your study period. Enjoy the rest of your day!"

Most of the students either heard or ignored the woman as she spoke while they all filed out the door towards their lockers, restrooms, or respective classes. Melony stood from her seat and reached for her bag that rested on the ground next to her, she slid in her seat as she draped her bag over her shoulder. A glance to the male next to her had her freezing in her place as she contemplated what she was going to do next.

Internally groaning she turned to face the male and stuck her hand out towards him, "Since We'll be stuck together for the rest of the year I guess I should Introduce myself." she began

"I'm Melony Autry. It's nice to meet you." This is why she didn't like sitting next to people she didn't know, she always got awkward or ended up saying the wrong thing to them somehow. It was why the mayor's son didn't like her much, it was also why she got into a lot of fights (physical or verbal) with others as well.

((Oh, that's totally alright! I'm sorry for pushing, I just didn't know. I've been ghosted (and ghosted others) a few times, so I was just trying to prevent that. Thanks for the reply!))

Winston was fully prepared to just pack up and move along when the bell rang, but that plan was derailed when Melony Autry decided to speak to him. She was forward, if nothing else. He could deal with that, especially if she was making the effort to be friendly. The least he could do was show her the same respect. He waited until she was done speaking to return her handshake, and make his introduction.

"Winston Cunningham." He informed her, even though he knew she had already heard his name from roll call. If she was going to repeat her own name to him, he would return the favor. "A pleasure."

He knew he was extremely formal for a teenager. He wasn't blind, or so far up his own ass that he thought it was expected of everyone. Hell, Clarisse had laughed in his face when he first introduced himself to her! But when it came to social interaction, he would much rather aim too high than aim too low. A first impression of snobbiness could be softened with time if necessary. A first impression of a lack of class lasted much longer.

Hopefully, this girl wouldn't take enough offense to make it a problem. She clearly wanted to reach out to some degree, so he didn't want to have to clean up a gigantic social mess if he fucked up a simple introduction.

Last edited:
Back