[Modern/Supernatural] The Masquerade

Diabolique

They see me rooooollin.
2wmny48.jpg

The Masquerade

There is much more to this world than you realize. While you may consider yourself safe from harm, wrapped up in your blankets at home, you are not as safe as you'd led yourself to believe. You are but a fragment of a world that grows larger still, a world which consumes and replenishes itself in the same breath. You are but a single piece of this puzzle which can never be solved. But what is this world I speak of? It is the World of Darkness, and you are officially invited to become a part of it. You are invited to explore this world, though whether or not you will make it out is left to be seen.

Welcome to the World of Darkness. Set in modern-day, humans are not the only thing that lurk the streets of London. Little do they know, there are Vampires who prowl the nights, stalking, waiting, feeding. Based on Vampire: The Masquerade, players are able to create human, Vampire, or ‘Ghoul’ characters. With several clans and abilities to choose from, players are able to mold their character into one that they will not only play, but continue to mold and change over time. Humans may become Embraced into a fledgling Vampire. Alternatively, humans may become entangled in a Blood Bond and made to serve Vampires as Ghouls. Vampires themselves may turn against one another, unite for a cause, or continue living on in peace among one another, despite their differences.

There are three Vampire organizations / societies known as Sects; The Camarilla – Firm believers in upholding the Vampire Traditions. The Sabbat, who reject the Traditions and reject what is known as The Masquerade (hiding the existence of Vampires from their human prey). There are also the Anarchs are Vampires who uphold The Masquerade, but wishes to topple the Camarilla as a whole. Will your character protect the very fabric of the Traditions, the laws that have kept Vampire alive for centuries? Will your character despise the laws as foolish, believing themselves superior to their prey, and spitting upon The Masquerade? Will your character instead maintain Masquerade, but aspire to bring about change within the Vampire society? The choice is yours.

Welcome to the World of Darkness… come find what awaits you.

Last edited:
Hey there. If you get a rough overview of your specific VT:M Campaign/Game done up, I can run it with our front page articles and feature it on our facebook page to help it get some traffic if you would like. You can check out some of our other roleplays on the front page to see what I mean.

Hey there. If you get a rough overview of your specific VT:M Campaign/Game done up, I can run it with our front page articles and feature it on our facebook page to help it get some traffic if you would like. You can check out some of our other roleplays on the front page to see what I mean.

This would be an Epic Roleplay, as opposed to a tabletop rpg style rp setting. We would incorporate rules and guidelines from the tabletop, but players would not be required to make die rolls, etc. There wouldn't be any particular game/campaign as with tabletops, but instead one large, continuous Roleplay.

So, in that case, how old can a PC vamp be? How socially (and otherwise) powerful can a player character be?
Cause I was gonna go for a Harpy that's a couple hundred years old.

So, in that case, how old can a PC vamp be? How socially (and otherwise) powerful can a player character be?
Cause I was gonna go for a Harpy that's a couple hundred years old.

For the sake of not spamming this thread, I'll message you. :p

[Nostalgic Spam Post]

Almost a year ago, this was created.

Shame it died out. Considering re-opening.

If you did I would totally create a character. Although I would rely on the wikia for probably quite a few things haha.

...God, it's making me want to play again. Which edition...? I can do the Masquerade years. I've not bought any books beyond 2nd edition, waaaaaaay back in the late 1990s. I leaned on that edition ruleset for ages, and many years of MUX based RPGs after that.

No. No! I must resist temptation.

If you did I would totally create a character. Although I would rely on the wikia for probably quite a few things haha.

Noted. I've talked to Tiko about re-opening the forum.

You should really consider re-opening it. I would think about hopping in.

In the works!! Would love to have you there. :3

...God, it's making me want to play again. Which edition...? I can do the Masquerade years. I've not bought any books beyond 2nd edition, waaaaaaay back in the late 1990s. I leaned on that edition ruleset for ages, and many years of MUX based RPGs after that.

No. No! I must resist temptation.

This would be more loosely-based V:tM. Not so much for dice, books, etc... but more for RP with a bit of flavor.
Would love to have someone with some knowledge there, regardless. ;)

One of my favorite memories really messed with both the Camarilla and the Sabbat. I was playing a 7th Gen Tzimisce Antitribu Dracul

Back