Drackana Darastrix

Artist and Monster Maker
Official Monsagir RP is now up and running! Please make sure to apply for the RP by filling out a character sheet here: Clicky!

============================
A portal stands before you. Rainbow in color, and just about your size, as it looks just big enough for you and/or your companions to step through. You are not sure where this portal leads but you know its not of your world. You can barely make out a scene behind the portal and you can hear sounds from creatures you have never heard before. This portal is new, unknown, and mysterious. Will you walk through to the other side, or will you simply watch the portal slip away right in front of you?

=============================

Welcome!

I am wanting to do some RP things in a world i have recently just finished building up and writing out! Monsagir is a land of Monsters and Magic. This world has the unique ability to create portals through sheer magical force and more often through whirlpools within the Rainbow Sea. This allows Monsagir to interact with any number of worlds and dimensions, so this allows for most anyone and their character to have access to Monsagir should a portal open up in their world.

If your interested on what Monsagir looks like and what i have down for official Monsters that roam the area, you can check out this thread here! Clicky!

There may still be limits depending on which character your wanting to use, so there will be applications and I will be going over them. I ask no OP characters, this is an exploration/adventure RP and it would be kinda dull should your character never be in any true danger in a world full of Monsters. Speaking of danger, for the most part this is sort of a survival RP in a new world but im focusing more on adventure, so I wont be actively trying to kill anyone's character but be aware that it might happen! but should it happen, feel free to throw another character in if you want!

Monsagir is also open to foreign Monsters joining in on the RP! If you would like to play a Monster feel free to join in, though your Monster may still have to fight to survive the monsters of Monsagir just as any normal character might.​

Last edited:
Hi!

This could be a lot of fun!
When you talked of foreign monsters, I immediately of thought of the Trolls of Troy, like this Hebus (yes, the name is Troll Hebus, like trolleybus. Badum tsss). It would be a meant as a comical character.
curedents.jpeg

Very strong and resistant, they only fear one thing: water that would clean them and make their flies go away.
They are vaguely civilised, talk, and hunt/kill/fight anything close by.

But that's just the first thought going through my mind. I'll adapt to the requirements and the group. Anyway, the gist of it is : I'm interested :)

That would be quite a sight within Monsagir, though alot of the world is water and the portals originate within the Rainbow Sea, so it would be quite the sight should they visit!

I would just bring one as my character. But if the portals originate in the Rainbow Sea (so... water, right?), he might be blocked for a while there :D. He might have to convince someone to carry him. Would be quite a sight indeed!

Haha, yeah its where most of the magic for Monsagir originates so its where the portals pop up. And im sure we can work something out. :)

Would it be a completely ridiculous idea to bring quite an incapable survivor to the table? Meaning someone raised in a custodial, elegant environment that has to learn how to make a fire and get their hands dirty.
And I don't mean someone utterly useless, they would be able to somewhat defend themselves and have skills in their own dandy way, but be new to all the more "basic" stuff.
Does this sound way too crazy? Just tell me what you think, I'm ready to adapt.

Not at all. That could be completely do-able, it might just make surviving far more difficult but if you want I can start them in an easier area of Monsagir to explore.

Oh yes I'd love to!
May I ask that is it meant for all the players to meet up at some point?

At some point yes. There is not much for plot but there is a dark entity within Monsagir that will need to be taken care of sooner or later. SO this will most likely will be where I will start getting people together.

Ok! I hope we get more people to attend because I really like this idea.

// edit: Is this setting close to a modern-ish time period? Can the character come from a big city?

Last edited:
My understanding is the character could come from a plane that is modern, while mine comes from a med fantasy setting.

I like (and was also tempted by) the newbie a bit clueless in the ways of survival. It could make an interesting pair to start together/close: the brute archetype and the refined one, that could complement and antagonise each other.

My understanding is the character could come from a plane that is modern, while mine comes from a med fantasy setting.

I like (and was also tempted by) the newbie a bit clueless in the ways of survival. It could make an interesting pair to start together/close: the brute archetype and the refined one, that could complement and antagonise each other.

Okay, well then I can go on with my plans. But I'm really liking that idea of yours. It would be very interesting too see where that goes. =D

Back