Dreamless Realm

Restless writer
Benefactor
Life on the Edge GM
Pronouns
They/them
Camp Willow, also known as Monster Camp because of several rumours going around that there's real monsters creeping around in the woods. Its campers, which might still be little sapplings and can rank up to Grand Willow with time and insignia gaining, are known as the Wills. It was going to be the Willies but it didn't stick for obvious reasons.

Within the Camp there is a dining hall, that shares a building with the kitchens, some showers, Cabins which each group gets to name. Example: Riverside Cabin or Galaxy Cabin, although any name that doesn't contain inappropiate languaje is allowed. Such as Meme Cabin. This will be the Group's name throughout the camp.

Cabins are assigned during the presentation activities.

Cars and other several vehicles were already starting to arrive at the parking lot at Camp Willow. The counselor Abel watched from the sides along with Hope. They waited for the parents to say goodbye to their kids and drop them off and then pointed them towards the middle of the camp where some logs were disposed in a circle for everyone to sit down.
Klaus was already inside, having arrived the years prior along with Abel, his legal guardian. He was chatting with some of the students on Willow Camp's app since the few hours prior. He'd been sitting on one of the many logs and talking to someone he knew from last year, the dog, Sunshine, was lieing nearby and watching the kids without getting too close.

Kadin glanced nervously out his car window at the camp, trying to decide weather to be excited or fearful of this new experience. Before he got the chance though, the car door was flung open by his mother who was holding his cane in her hand. “It’s Time to go sweetie.” She said softly and Kadin gave a quick nod before accepting the cane and hobbling out of the car. He took this moment to survey the camp a little better, and soon her spotted a small circle of logs that several of the campers were sitting at. Deciding that that was where he wanted to go, he accepted his bundle of things from his mother before hobbling off towards the circle. ((Sorry I am not very good at first posts!))

A blond boy stepped out of a rather new looking Mercedes. He looked utterly uninterested at what was going on behind him. Before he could get further from the car however his two dads got out of the car to give him a long hard hug. They said something to him in Swedish, even if you didn't know the language it sounded jovial and friendly.

Elias said something in return and despite his droning there seemed to be a tinge of sadness in his voice before they waved him off and drove away.

With that Elias looked around a second time before sighing heavily and putting his earbuds in his ears and pressed play. The service in this place was crap but at least he could listen to his playlist.

He made his way to the logs and sat down, he just wanted this over with so he could like molt inside whatever cabin he got assigned to, or however this worked.​

Staring out the window, Mandy sighed, tucking her feet in closer underneath her. Though her parents chose to send her to this camp instead of soccer camp like she wished, she felt comfort from chatting with some of the kids on the app before. "Now remember what nana said, nancybear."

"Mom, i only want my friends and nana to call me nancybear." Mandy huffed, rolling her eyes at her mothers constant nagging. Nancy was her middle name and after a few friends heard her nana call her that, it stuck. "But yeah. I remember. This is a lesson I need to learn about respecting my elders and listening to the rules."

"And no boys!" Her father grumbled, slowing to a stop. Pushing the door open, she grabbed her duffle bag from her schools soccer team and jumped out.

"Of course father." She said, leaning through the car window to kiss his cheek.

"Alright. You be safe! We love you!" Her mom sniffed, whiping away the tears that ran down her cheeks and waved goodbye. Turning around to face the camp, she stretched, taking in the rich smell of nature before joining the others, hoping to see a familiar face amongst the crowd. Remembering to check the chat, she pulled out her phone and read the messages she missed. Klaus announced that he was by the logs. Smiling, she pocketed her phone and slung the stuffed duffle over her shoulder, heading towards her new friend Klaus.

Last edited:
"Taila, give mummy a kiss dear." A stocky woman with short dark hair held out her arms toward her obviously unenthused daughter. A long sigh escaped Taila's lips and reluctantly she wrapped her arms around her mother. After an awkwardly long hug Taila hastily pulled away and began grabbing her bags out of the open trunk. "Now, dear do be good and don't be a stick in the mud. Have fun!" Taila often found herself getting annoyed with her doting mother, but she knew that's just how some mothers were. Nerves began to set in as Taila contemplated meeting so many people, especially all at once but she was kind of excited as she had never been to an actual camp before. Taila was soon finished lugging her bags out and her dark brown eyes began to scan the area. After a moment they locked in on a group gathering by the logs and she took a deep, calming breath. After giving her mother one last hug and a goodbye, Taila made her way to the logs to take a seat. She smiled shyly and pulled out her phone to look busy until she figured out what was going on, her phone was kind of like a security blanket.

As Kadin made his way towards the log he cringed inwards as three other children managed to get there much faster than home while walking. Pushing this to the back of his mind though he carefully made his way over to the group, easily avoiding the large branches and rocks scatter across his path before finally reaching the logs. As he sat himself down, Kadin rested his cane beside him and turned on his phone, logging onto the app. He quickly typed out a message before turning off his phone and glancing around at the group of people around him.

Walking up to the logs, she saw Kadin and walked over to him. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" She asked, pushing her hair out of her face and smiling at him.

Kadin was a little surprised as a girl approached him, her frizzy hair cornering her face as she asked to sit beside him. “Uh sure!” Kadin said quickly grabbing his cane and moving it to the other side of him so she had room. “I’m Kadin by the way.” He quickly added giving her an awkward smile. Each family had been given little sheets with pictures of all the kids and camp counsellors on it, but kadin had lost it before he actually got a chance to look at it meaning he had no clue who she was.

"Hey! I'm Mandy but my friends call me Nancy." She said, dropping her duffle bag next to the log before sitting next to him. "There's a good chance we've met on the chat." She announced, crossing her legs as she tried to find a comfortable position on the log. Realizing that she might be a little too close to him, she leaned away. "Sorry, you're the first friendly face i've seen since I got here."

“Oh! Nancy! Heh yah I remember you” Kadin said his face lighting up happily. He didn’t notice her scotch over a little but even if he had he probably wouldn’t have cared. “It’s fine, I am actually pretty glad to be by someone I know to be honest” he chuckled nervously, fidgetting with the strap of his backpack. He had never been a very social person and so starting conversations were not really his strong point. “Have you spotted Klaus or Heather yet?” He asked casually his eyes drifting over the group.

Turning around to look at the others, she shook her head. "Um honestly, I didn't look at the packet." She said rolling her shoulder back. "We'll probably put a face to their names when we start to do our camp welcome stuff." Giving up on searching for the others amongst the crowd.

"So... Are you skeletalduck?" She asked playfully, referring to the camp's chat room.

“The one and only.” Kadin replied with a teasing smirk before adding, “And you must be nancybear”. He gave her a playful grin as he made sure to put extra emphasis on the last word. His attention had now drifted away from the others and instead on trying to get comfortable on the round log. After a couple moments of shifting around and uncrossing and crossing his legs he finally settled on sitting on the edge of the log, his legs crossed as his left foot dangled in the air.

"What gave it away?" She asked, chuckling as she watched him struggle on the log as she did. "I know, not the most comfortable thing to sit on huh?" She slid off the log completely, choosing to just cross her legs under her instead. Pushing around a few pebbles, she realized that she pretty much just ruined her faded, blue jean shorts. Shrugging, she brushed it off, No biggie, it is just camp. This would probably be the worst thing that could happen to her here.

“Well for one your username is literally just adding “bear” to your name” he replied watching her slide off the log and instead sit on the ground. To be honest his bottom was already sore and tired and following Nancy, Kadin also slide off the log onto the much more comfortable ground. He was glad he had decided to wear his thick jeans today as the ground was rough and uneven, almost becoming as uncomfortable as the log. “Here why don’t I check the chat and ask where Klaus is.” Kadin suggested pulling his phone out and turning it on.

"Yeah well that's true." She said sticking her tongue out at him. "Looks like we're going to be good friends." She said, bumping shoulders with him after he sat on the floor next to her. Glancing around one last time. She nodded, " Yeah that wouldn't be too bad of an idea."

Kadin snickered a bit, playfully bumping Nancy back. “I hope so” he said with a grin, “If we are friends that might make my puns more bearable” he said his grin spreading as he looked at Nancy hopefully. He didn’t normally make jokes or puns very often but when he did he used only the corniest and cheeseiest ones he knew.

Not expecting the joke, Nancy laughed, enjoying the corny joke a little too much. Oddly enough, she had the strangest sense of humor, finding corny jokes hilarious. So much so, that she laughed a little too loud, causing some of the campers that stood nearby to look at them with curious eyes. "Whoops!" She chuckled, covering her mouth. "Sometimes I get a little carried away."

Kadin some how managed to smile even more than he already was as Nancy was thrown into hysterical laughing upon hearing his joke. “It’s fine really!” He replied a bit to quickly, “I’ve never gotten this kind of response to a joke” he admitted a hint of pride creeping into his voice. He didn’t even care that the other campers were staring at them, as of the moment it didn’t really matter. ((Ohhh! I think Kadin might be developing feelings for Nancy. CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT, ITS IN THE AIR AROUND US!))

Watching the rest of the kids come in and settle around him as everyone made their way there was becoming a bit boring, so when Klaus saw the last message in chat and looked around a bit he simply started waving his arm up in the air, while still sitting down. If the others saw him they'd just see a guy who seemed to have gone through puberty already, he was actually 17 but for the camp papers he'd have to put in 16. And no one really minded. He wore his dark chestnut hair loose, long and wavy as it was. The rest of his clothes were a purple jacket and some old looking jeans that weren't actually that old.
(Lets give everyone a chance to post guys)

Back