Aithne not only noticed that she was being stared at, but that he was clearly cold. That was made clear when he said that it was cold out. Thanks to her outfit, especially her hoodie, she didn’t feel cold, but did feel a bit sorry for him. Coming to a stop, she stretched out her body a little, back popping in the process. “Why don’t you go get a jacket. I’ll wait here for five minutes and then after that, I’m heading off.”

Smiling faintly towards Tommy, she was appreciative that he was willing to go with her. Not because she was afraid, but because she was feeling quite lonely. Running her fingers against her nose to scratch it, she cocked her head to the side, wondering if he would try and play off that he wasn’t really that cold. A lot of the guys that tried to be with her, always tried to play macho, but he did seem different. Maybe she should give him a chance.

“I mean, if you’re done staring at me, that is.” Grinning a little, she winked towards him, thankful that she was able to keep from blushing, at least for now.

Last edited:
“Yeah I have my phone.” She said checking her the side of her tights. “But let’s not get separated ok?” She asked as he stood. She probably sounded more like a tightly wound Mom warning a child but she couldn’t imagine what she’d do if they actually got separated. She didn’t have anything to defend herself and though sneaking out and exploring the woods sounded fun, there was something leery and unwelcoming about that forest. She couldn’t shake the feeling that something was actually in there. Lumbering or slithering around in there, waiting for a group of curiously stupid kids to go stumbling around in its back yard. Plus she needed to make sure nothing happened to her new friend.

“Yah I definitely do not want to get separated” he agreed giving her a warm smile. Pulling the pocket knife and the flashlight out of his pockets he clicked the flashlight on. “You should probably turn on your flashlight too, we don’t want to trip and make a lot of noise” he said teasingly trying to make a joke about her fall a couple of seconds ago without sounding mean. He was very glad he wans’t heading into the forest alone, as the forest was giving him a very creepy vibe.

Tommy's cheeks immediaely reddened. "I-I-I wasn't staring," he covered his beet-red face. He knew he was caught staring, he blamed himself for doing something shameful. "Oh right, I gotta get my jacket now... bye!" he started to walk rapidly towards his cabin.

"Stupid Tommy, why did you have to stare? I know she's cute and all but that's pushing it," he mentally scolded himself. When he arrived, he opened the door silently, knowing that some people were still sleeping. He rummaged around his clothes, trying to find his jacket. "Hmm... where could it be? Oh? Here it is!" he held up his favorite jacket, a dark checkered jacket. It was perfect for snooping around the middle of the night.

He wore his jacket and thought about his situation. "It's really dark, and I'm probably gonna explore around the area. With Aithne. Alone..." He blushed and started squealing like a little girl. "But it's dark, right? I should probably bring a flashlight," he grabbed his flashlight and hid it in his pocket.

With all that done, he sneaked out of his cabin and walked towards the spot where he found Aithne. When he found Aithne waiting for him, he greeted her with a lopsided grin, "Hey Aithne, thanks for waiting..." He stopped walking and admired her face for a second time, "Cute." He really can't stop himself from doing it.

"Oh hush!" Mandy scoffed, playfully hitting his arm as she switched her flashlight on. She knew he was messing around with her but that didn’t stop the blush from creeping up her neck and flushing her cheeks again. "Think we’ll run into the others while we’re exploring?" She asked, as they walked into the woods side by side. Keeping her flash light low, she watched where she stepped carefully. Kadin was right, they didn’t want to trip and bring unwanted attention to themselves. Besides, this was going to be a nice, short walk after all.

Last edited:
“Not sure, I wish they had waited to be honest. It would probably be safer if we were in a larger group” he admitted keeping his flashlight pointed ahead of them so he could What was up ahead. For how uneven the ground was and the numerous amount of roots and rocks covering it Kadin wasn’t too worried about falling or tripping. He used his cane like a blind man would, feeling the ground for roots and other hazards while supporting himself. Kadin was rather glad that his injury had been healing really well and was only a minor problem at the moment, as the idea of traversing this kind of ground with a more serious injury was not something he wished to experience.

Last edited:
Aithne couldn’t help but giggle a little when he not only said he wasn’t staring, but covered his face as well. Grinning and nodding, she found something to lean against and waited for him to go back and get his jacket. Humming a little, very softly to herself, she found herself glancing up at the stars, appreciating how beautiful it was out in the middle of nowhere compared to the city. By the time he got back, she was relaxed even more and stepped forward, studying him silently for a moment or two.

“You’re welcome, Tommy. Truth be told, I’m glad to have the company. Not because I’m scared, but… because life can be lonely when you’re alone.” Aithne was about to say more, but was caught off-guard by his comment. Her cheeks turned bright red and she tugged the hood over her head even more.

“Good lord, Tommy. Let’s go before my cheeks become so bright you can see me in the dark.” Lightly poking him in the nose, Aithne wrapped her hand around his wrist, tugging him towards the woods.

Elias was laying in his bed silently listening to the music on his phone. Go Fish yesterday had been a bust, on top of losing he still had no damn idea how that card game actually worked. Well other than saying Go Fish that is...he looked around the cabin. Wait had people left or something? It was getting dark maybe he could...Elias felt into his inner pocket. There they were, his packet of cigarettes and the ornate lighter he had bought from a second hand shop.

He really had to space out the use of these, but he really had a hankering right now. Not trying to get any one's attention Elias casually slid off the bed, put on his shoes and walked out. As he stood on porch he tried to see if there was someplace he could go and smoke in peace.

Aithne, a cute girl he just met, stood before Tommy. Her cheeks were blushing from his comment. She tugged her hood over her head, trying to hide her bright, red cheeks from his gaze.

'She looks even cuter when she acts this way,' he silently admired her embarassed behavior.

"Good lord, Tommy."

His thoughts came to a stop as he listened to her.

"Let's go before my cheeks become so bright you can see me in the dark," she lightly poked his nose and wrapped her hand around his wrist. Aithne gave a small pull, tugging him towards the eerie, dark woods.

Tommy didn't resist and let Aithne drag him like a ragdoll. He looked up at the starry skies and prayed, 'Please... let this be a safe night." He pushed down his fears and slowly walked besides Aithne, a smile evident in his face.

Glad that Tommy didn’t appear to mind being tugged into the woods by her, Aithne continued her movements before coming to a stop. She peered around, rubbing her nose absentmindedly with her free hand, suddenly aware that she hadn’t brought a flashlight or anything to use to see other than her phone. Grumbling, she pulled out her phone and hit the flashlight app, nodding when it shone brightly around them.

“Forgot my flashlight… guess I didn’t think this through very far.” Sheepishly grinning, Aithne released his hand and peered over at him.

“So, unless you have a flashlight or a phone, you’ll have to remain super close to me. Though, I doubt you’d mind that.” Giving him a cheeky smirk, she winked at Tommy before glancing around yet again, still loving the stars.

With their footsteps and breathing being the only things she focused on, Mandy gripped her flashlight tightly as she stared at the ground before them. Refusing to look up into the woods that surrounded them in fear of seeing something she wasn’t prepared for, she walked close to Kadin, so close she could feel the heat his body gave off.

They had walked quietly at first and though the silence was comfortable, she searched for a topic to talk about but came up blank. "Uh....." she began, hoping that something would come to mind once she started but her usual charisma failed her. Shrugging, she grunted at her effort to communicate through the sinking feeling that stirred up in her stomach.

Nights were relatively quiet. Then again, silence was always subjective. There was always noise, but it was easily ignored. Animals, were known. Plants?, were known. Footsteps?... unusual, but known.

Stirring from a semi-constant sleep, floating among litres of dark viscosity with the only source of light being its eyes. Two purple orbs w
ould be visible if they were not submerged.

Find: anomaly. Report back to FNUPL.

There weren't many eyes, eyes needed to be present at a scene to asses the situation. Echos, not so much, sound was more reliable than sight. Among thousands of different soundwave's and vibrations there were voices. Careless, human.

Reporting anomaly: Human children.
Reason of their of their presence: Unknown, ilogical.
Safety: compromised
Awaiting command.

Human children were not supposed to adventure into the forest this late at night. It was dangerous, very. And the level of exposure rose sharply as more vibrations were defected in the atmosphere. If FNUPL could sigh, they would have.

Awaiting command...

The signal grew impatient as seconds went by. And they finally got an answer.

... ... First defense line, status?
Communications status: irresponsive.

Generating new list of priorities:

-Awaken first defense line
-Communicate status

Secondary options?
None
Risk of first defense line failure: High.
Risk of second and third defense lines: Higher.

To all, do not engage unless you belong to the first defense line.
Mission: wake them.

!! !! !! !!Urgent: It has awakened.
Awareness level: ?
Awareness level: 2, rising.
... do not engage. Wake first defense line, immediately.

Awaiting orders.

Orders: Keep watch on the awakened one. Do not engage, keep me updated.

The humans wouldn't notice, they couldn't, their perception in that regard was very low. They were being observed, they were in imminent danger. A beast was awake. What could children do to protect themselves?, very little. Very little indeed.

As messages went by through the air, at least twelve different red flags rose within Abel's brain as he slept. His eyes, momentarily radiating light as he woke up, suddenly aware of all communications, watched the counselors cabin. Everyone slept. Rubbing his eyes and putting on some clothes quickly, he left the cabin, staring into the darkness of the forest. It'd be a long night. Very long indeed... stupid kids.

Last edited:
Kadin felt a shiver creep down his spine as an unshakeable feeling of being watched entered his mind. “We should probably be quiet, I think Klaus said there were wolves or hyenas or something.” He whispered quietly his flashlight sweeping back and forth in front of them, lighting their path with an unsteady hand. He could feel Nancy’s breath beside him, her heart beat echoing in the quiet forest, their heartbeats almost in sync. He really wished he didn’t need his cane as maybe he would feel a bit safer if he could hold his pocket knife as well, just in case.

"Oh, I brought a flashlight." Tommy brought out his flashlight, turning it on. A part of the dark forest around them immediately became bright, enabling them to see clearer into the woods.

“...you’ll have to remain super close to me. Though, I doubt you’d mind that.” Giving him a cheeky smirk, she winked at Tommy before glancing around yet again.

Tommy was caught off guard by her actions. His cheeks couldn't help but blush a light shade of pink, the light of the moon making it more visible and evident. He pulled his hood over his head, just as what Aithne did, in order to hide his pink face from her.

While advancing towards the forests, he noticed that it was eerily quiet, save for their own footsteps, the snapping of old branches, and the ruffling of the wrinkled leaves. "You know," Tommy whispered, "The woods around here are pretty scary, why did you want to go around here?"

"What?" Nancy whispered. She'd never seen a wolf in real life but she'd seen a few videos and they were quiet horrid. They were rarely alone and were quite viscous when attacking. "Wolves? If you don't mind, i'm going to stick a little bit closer to you." Without waiting for a response, she inched a little bit closer to him and slowed down.

"Maybe we shouldn't go much deeper." She suggested trying to see past the beam of the flashlight. "We could just walk along the edge of the forest?" She could care less if he noticed the fear seeping into her words. She wasn't very good in frightening situations and though she knew they were going to be fine, she couldn't shake the feeling that they were stepping into uncharted territory.

Last edited:
Elias had found a nice spot not to far into the forest where he lit up one of his cigarette's and drew in a whole lot of smoke before letting it all out. He didn't dare to use the flashlight he brought with him, because while he could survive any bitching and moaning from the councilors, he didn't want it to get to his dads.

As he stood there though Elias spotted the beam of a flashlight waving about inside the forest. Was that were everyone had gone suddenly? Cigarette still in mouth he pulled out his own flashlight and turned it on. If Elias had a vice it was that he was too curious for his own damn good. I'm probably not going to die, he thought to himself as he started following that other beam of light.

Kadin paused as he glanced around, not even mentioning how close Nancy had gotten to him, though he did notice it. “You are probably right, even if there isn’t a monster or wolf or whatever, we could get lost out here” he remarked. In all honesty he had no idea how deep they were in, as even though they had been maybe walking for 3o minutes at most, it felt like ages, and the forest’s darkness consumed his dim flashlight. “We’ve been traveling in a straight line, right?” Kadin asked as he glanced behind him uncertainly.

“Glad one of us had their heads on straight.” Grinning yet again, Aithne felt herself relaxing even more and while she appreciated it, it bothered her a lot. Why was she all of a sudden being all talkative and smiley around him? Did he have super powers? No, that’s stupid. He was proving that not everyone where the same as those she grew up around. Wrinkling up her nose a little, she glanced around once he turned the flashlight on, allowing them to ensure they didn’t trip over branches or roots.

“Well, that’s better.” When he tugged his hood over her head, she couldn’t help but chuckle softly, realizing that he as hiding his red face like she did earlier. Shaking her head, she walked with him towards the forest and as much as she wanted to, she couldn’t ignore how eerily quiet it was. Where were the forest noises?

“Hmm… awfully quiet.” Aithne mused softly before glancing at Tommy at his question, thinking on it a moment or seven.

“I just wanted to explore. I honestly thought about running off… but I decided to give the camp another day.”

Tommy was genuinely surprised when Aithne said that, "You thought about running away from camp? I've decided," he smiled and gave her a thumbs up. "You're a pretty cool person after all," he thought about his first impression of her, back when they were all still introducing themselves. He assumed that she was a cold person. But talking to her personally changed his mind, 'She's cool... and top it all off, she's really cute.'

Back