Dreamless Realm

Restless writer
Benefactor
Life on the Edge GM
Pronouns
They/them
Hello!

This is the idea I am looking forwards to developing:

Back in the 80s, some patches of land started turning "dark". Trees grew impossibly tall and thick, a strange mist filled the place, seeming to come out of nowhere, and strange creatures started appearing. It is unknown why this happens or how. If it is provoked or random... but it is there. What the government has done is get people away from these zones and try to investigate them. But because of the weird mist they can't keep in touch with the people they send inside, and no matter what, they just don't come back. So they have put walls and fences around these places and spread rumours that monsters aren't real. That they are just a myth. This way they gain time to investigate the actual things and find out a way to kill/destroy them all for good. But they are very real and hard to exterminate. The question is, on what side of the fence are the real monsters?.

From here, I have continued in three different ways. Just outcomes I have already explored but would be willing to explore again.

#1 Extermination team.

Some scientific team has discovered that making powder out of a particular monster called Blue Wisp, mixed with a very specific solution, creates a liquid capable of killing monsters for good. You have been sent into a dark zone full of monsters to capture more of the elusive wisps and eliminate any monster you find. Very well paid job for professionals who don't question orders.

#2 Summer Camp

There is a summer camp site for teenagers a few kilometers away from one of these dark zones. It is supposed to be out of danger, but what the counsellors didn't anticipate was the many ways these creatures can disguise themselves. You don't even know who you can or can't trust anymore. Find a way to communicate with the exterior and ask for help while surviving the hordes of monsters that attack the camp. Will you make it to September?

#3 Adventurers

Your friends and you decided it was a good idea to venture into one of these dark zones in search for the truth. You have never been more wrong. Once you put a foot inside, you can't go back out. Befriend the creatures or die trying, this story offers a much bigger insight into the opposite point of view. Reveal all the secrets, find out how everything started, and make your decision when the true fight starts. On what side will you stand?

These are all available as 1x1 or group stories. PM me here on contact me on discord if you happen to be interested.
discord: Metallicus lingua#1833

Now, I am also looking for a co-GM to make a group roleplay out of one of these stories. Or perhaps several of them. This is what I am looking for:

• Commitment, if you decide to start working on this with me, I would prefer it if you didn't randomly disappear one day without notice.
  • Be ready to treat very dark themes, in case of it being a 1x1 I don't like to censor anything. It'd happen outside of this site. In case of it being a group rp it would be kept relatively nsfw free, with the exception of gore. I prefer my roleplays rather graphic, within the forum's established rules.
  • Become invested, I don't want to be the only one throwing in effort and ideas to follow. I will be happy to do debates, voice calls, etc. To see what approach we decide to take when it comes to the different options and ideas.
  • Maturity
  • Creativity
  • Take the development of these stories seriously. Not in the sense of "No jokes allowed". But I truly want to see these flourish if possible. I want to succeed where I have not previously, and therefore I need someone willing to support these and respect them.

Please keep in mind I have come up with these stories, ideas and some of the characters in them and respect that.

Back