Monster RP

Dreamless Realm

Restless writer
Benefactor
Life on the Edge GM
Pronouns
They/them
Hey there fellas. Welcome to... to Monster because idfk what to name this to be honest?
Basically, this roleplay is about your characters going into a danger zone escaping from X thing. Each might have their own motive. But other humans, normal people dont go into these places because theres monsters in it.
Yes your characters have to be human unless you're like... someone I know from years and I know is going to be able to manage a monster just fine.
You can have up to three characters. I have to move the story so as a GM I'll have as many as I consider necessary or want to.
Dont metagame
Dont be op
The danger zone is this weird forest place you know SHIT about aka you wont know what is in there, what it does... etc. Your characters can die at any moment and if they die you can just make another one. I wont insta kill you but like if you go 1v1 a monster im not going to go easy on you.
The monsters are intelligent so like, this isnt a zombie apocapypse kind of thing. You can make friends and or enemies. Some will like you more than others. Depends.
You literally wont know. I wont give you information to keep it all a mystery and stuff in character.

Honestly if your human has yellow eyes and pink hair its gonna be weird af so be realistic. Its some kinda realistic horror in modern times kind of thing. You are going into that place without knowing anything about it. Its like a desperate measure. So eh... dont make the backstory too soft. But please no drama queens or mary sues or primadonnas keep that shit out. Yeah? Good.

11tc1v8.jpg

Tell me if ya want a discord server
Also I might start with like two ppl and if yall wanna join afterwards just say so tbh.

i would participate but not being able to roleplay a monster is a really bad turn off
i thought for a second that this was the roleplay for me but i was dead wrong

idk because it was presented to me as a 'if you like monsters you might like this' situation
but i like monsters
and there seems to be no confirmation that the monsters you come up with are fun or interesting
so i would like to not get stuck in a situation where i am roleplaying as some character who is basically fresh meat to some random thing
that can just kill me instantly and i am expected not to complain
in essence
for me this idea is either
i get to play a monster
or it is most likely crap
sorry

editing:
i feel like i should expand on that a bit
it mostly seems silly of you to expect me to just go along with somebody wanting me to trust them with one of the hardest things in writing
coming up with a creature that is consistantly scary, entertaining to watch and balanced in the setting
all at once
it is like a triangle of author death that needs to be perfectly rounded
if something is too balanced it is not scary
if something is too scary it is not entertaining
if something is too entertaining, it is not balanced
(and all vice versa)
then you factor in that you want to roleplay this, and the result becomes quite unpredictable (or if you would like, predictable to such an extent that i can determine it will probably be bad, but not how so)
in reality, i would like to give it a go
and come up with a character which has their own reason for going into a zone like this and a personality to match
i might even really want to try it
but unless you can prove me otherwise
there is no reason why i should invest energy into this when the result will most likely be less than optimal
and although i am aware this is likely just my opinion
i have the same suggestion to anybody else who was ogling this
just
think about the actual ramifications i guess
maybe i am being a huge snob or let down or something idk

Last edited:
This is kind of the deal with roleplays, either you join or you dont. Complaining about not being able to play a monster when its specifically said you wont in the actual roleplay advertisement... eh. Doesnt seem very reasonable to me. Plus, you say youd like to do it but dont know if its worth it. My answer: Either you check by yourself or you might never know. Anyways, I get where you's coming from. So have a good day n all.

i am not complaining
i am explaining why i do not like this idea
and i am not the sort to be bothered by never knowing something
i find it quite frustrating and disrespectful of you that you basically took everything i said, with addition to my personality
crunched it up into a ball and threw it into the trash by saying 'this is your problem not mine'
then disguised it as 'being reasonable' and 'getting where i am coming from'
but i guess this is just all the more reason not to participate
because you will take any criticism and turn it into 'a complaint'

frankly i am being too kind
i mean jesus 'This is kind of the deal with roleplays, either you join or you dont. ' was really condescending of you

Mainly 'cause Its literally the situation. If you dont like it just dont join, man. I dunno why yer makin such a big deal out of what I said. Plus I didn't throw anythin in the trash man. Idfk what yer sayin about that tbh. If you have an issue with me. Pm, this aint the place.

Back