Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

Glitchy Dragon

NightCrawler
Monday morning trapped in the "Infinite Castle" by rain. The "Infinite Castle", as Moonglade liked to call it, was simply the nickname given to the large house he built next to his own; where the orphans would choose their own rooms. The building consisted of three floors including four rooms and two bathrooms on each floor, a kitchen on the bottom floor(Should they ever feel like cooking themselves), and an attic. Dusk's room was located on the first floor first door on the right and it was a mess. Clothes lay astrewn across the floor and papers of writing everywhere. The centaur sits at the window in thought as he watched the rest of the ranch soak from the rain. In the darkness from the outage, he wore a bright yellow longsleeve shirt with the Star Trek symbol on his chest; his pajamas. Damn...I can't think up a villian for the story... I can't go out for inspiration cuz of the rain... As much as the boy loved the rain, he would get sick quite often if he did immerse himself in it. And even so, that isn't stopping him now. He simply doesn't wish for Mr. Moon to give him 'the look' for whenever he'd gone against his advice for a second time.

(Sorry for the weight, i've been quite busy for the pasr few days. Also, sorry for the post as it might seem a tad weird.)

(I'm assuming we can just go ahead then?)

Remi pushed his pop tarts onto a plate so he didn’t burn his fingers and started striding through the Castle. He'd been here long enough now that he could make the walk to Dusk's in his sleep if he had to. It was miserable out, and Remi had been lying in his room watching tv, up of the third floor, in the room with the giant window, but the power outage had put an end to that diversion. Hunger called, and Dusk was close, so two minutes later, Remi was pushing open the door to Dusk's room with his foot. He threw a packet of Dusk's favourite breakfast food at the centaur by the window, and made his way easily through the piles of mess on the floor. Spinning on his heel, he flopped onto his back on the bed and started eating his pop tarts. "Whatcha writing?" he asked around a mouthful. He reached down to pick up one of the pages near the bed. It was scribbled out and rewritten but he could still make some of it out.

The mist that covers the mind in the early hours blankets Haji's thoughts as she slowly makes her way down the stairs. She listlessly goes from one step to the next, planting both feet firmly on one before moving to the next, sometimes stopping altogether at one and just stomping to hear the noise that it makes. As she stops at the 4th to last step, she pauses, lifting one foot up and down. The creaking sound that the board makes screeches through the halls repeatedly and Haji eventually kneels down on the step, pressing her hand down to try to find the squeakiest spot, though she's blocking the stairway completely with her body, her heavy cloak spilling a bit onto the lower step. She seems infatuated with the loud, annoying sound.

Last edited:
Madi just wanted some breakfast. She literally just wanted to eat in order to survive, without running into any commotion. But luck was not on her side today, keeping up its tradition of never being on her side. Someone was blocking the stairs, covering up a whole step and making one of the boards creak. Madi froze at the top of the steps when she saw the blockade, gave the sight one slow blink, then took a deep breath and sighed it out as she steeled herself to react to it somehow. She set off down the stairs...

And was beaten to the blockade by her cat, who speedily descended the stairs before she had a chance to go two steps, stopped as close to the cloaked person's head as possible, and yowled in their face with all the annoyance he could muster. This thing needed to move, and he was gonna make sure it moved.

Peering out of the window of the car, Xylia watched the rain drops run down the window, imagining that they were in some sort of race to distract her from the butterflies in her stomach. "We're here." Her driver said, leaning over and looking at her. Refusing to look at the strange man, she smiled slightly as she focused on her reflection in the window. Her long, strawberry blond hair was down and free, coming over her shoulders like a small water fall, checking her make up, she fluffed her eyelashes that surrounded her light brown eyes and blinked, This water proof mascara better work! She thought imagining the black streaks running down her freckled cheeks. Satisfied with her appearance, she pushed the door open and flipped up the hood on her jacket. Quickly, she stepped out into a puddle, immediately glad that she had decided to go with her brown rain boots over her black tights, strapped on her back pack and grabbed her two duffel bags, before closing the door with her hip and running to the ranch. She was told that this was a place where people like her went. People who had special abilities. Though they didn't expand to what these abilities were, she was just grateful to be some place where she could be herself and not have to worry about some one walking in on her redecorating and fainting.

Haji looks at the cat's face and blinks. Her eyes then go up to Madi, and her mind cleared. She stands up and faces the girl and her cat, her cloak gathering around her feet. "The board's sick" she mumbles, looking down at the swirling brown plank. There's now a good space for someone to pass through. She looks back up at Madi. "We should fix it." She looks at the cat and moves to pet it on the head.
(Put the wrong name)

Last edited:
The cat did not seem pleased by the prospect of being petted, but aside from leaning back upon the initial sign he was going to be touched, he reluctantly let the petting happen. After no more than three seconds, however, he let out an annoyed mewling noise and retreated from the cloaked girl.

Madi was quick to pick him back up, and held him close as she snuck past the cloaked girl. Haji, maybe? Names were hard, and so were J sounds. Even harder was meeting new people, which was why Madi paled at the sight of yet another new person, and skirted around her in as wide a berth as she could. She managed to give the girl a shaky nod in greeting, then ran off to the kitchen. Breakfast first, social anxiety later.

The hearts inside the new orphanage were swirling. Kardia poked one absently, watching as it twitched with xir touch. Killing someone so early seemed a waste, honestly. Truly a waste. They could be interesting.

Near-impossible, but maybe.

Xe faded out of the Heart Realm, staring up at the door xe hadn't opened and the rainy sky. Maybe xe should go inside.

Walking into the house, she had set her bags down and took of her now soaked jacket when she saw two girls by the stairs, one of them scurrying off at the sight of her. Maybe I should have knocked first? Pushing her hair to her left side and straightening her light pick sweater, she smiled and introduced herself. “Hi! I’m Xylia. I’m uh, new here.” She spoke warmly, giving a small wave to the girls as she talked.

Last edited:
Haji looks at Madi and the cat walk to the table, remembering that she herself is hungry. She finally descends the stairs, grabbing some plain corn flakes, a bowl, a spoon, and some milk. Taking a chair at the end of the table she looks at this new girl, focusing on the freckles dotting her face. She subconsciously reaches up and touches her mark on her lip before she realizes what she's doing and retreats her hand. "Haji. Welcome. Want any?" she says gesturing to the ingredients for cereal laid out before her.

Inside it was, then. The rain might give xem a cold or something. Kardia pushed the door open, entering the house. What was the name of this place again? Screw it. That was pointless data. What wasn't pointless was getting inside.

Two girls were nearby. Xe checked the Heart Realm quickly. Names, names. Haji, Madi- the cat had a name too, okay, xe hadn't seen a sentient cat before- Xylia, and some people upstairs or so that xe didn't quite want to associate with yet. Haji was here longest. She would be the tutorial NPC, then? Alright.

Xe took her heart into xir mental hands, squeezing it tight enough that there'd be sudden pressure on her body. That would be about enough, xe assumed, pulling back into the physical realm halfheartedly. "Hello," xe called. "Is there food? This construct requires food."

"O-Oh!" he exclaimed barely catching his own packet of poptarts. "Erm, the same old same old, really. I've hit a new roadblock and it seems like the worst one yet, Remi." Dusk eyes him as he bites into the poptart dropping a few crumbs on his bed. "Openly ignoring my rule about eating here again, eh? How rude." Remi, Mr. Moon, and Rebecca were the only ones he'd let read his work; however, he was still warming up to the others reading it. In all honesty, it would be only Moon and Rebecca knowing if it weren't from Rem constantly snooping at his pieces. Uprighting himself and standing, he stretches before sitting halfway on the large bed next to him with a loud creak. "I think that's one of more recent pages. It's the part where the hero's lover dies from the new villian and he loses his way in anger." Dusk turns to the open door hearing the voice of the expected newcomer. It's a girl?

((Xylia isn't a cat.....)
"Oh um, no thank you." She said, leaning down and picking up her bags. "I ate on the way here. Is there some one I need to see to get a room or can I just pick one?" She asked, looking around the room. She was being truthful about eating before she came but to be frank, bowl of cereal wasn't really her idea of a good breakfast. Looking down the hall, she noticed some rooms and hoped that she could get one on the 1st floor for the simple fact that it would be a little easier on her plants.

Remi read some of the page, spinning it upside down. He bit into the poptart again, holding his head over his plate. He handed the page back to Dusk as he sat on the bed next to him, raising his hand to his mouth in mock disgust. "I brought you snacks and everything! And a plate. See, I'm getting better!"
Remi squinted his eyes up at the ceiling. "You want your hero to kill the villain?"
The front door closed and Remi sprang upright, dropping his plate on the bed and putting a hand on Dusk's chest. "Is that the newbie?"

(No, no, I didn't mean that! I know she's not. It was a reference to Madi's cat being, well, sentient. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your character's name just came after.)

"Never mind, then. I can survive." Kardia shrugged, stepping back outside. Having a look at the scenery might be nice. Maybe. There weren't any hearts there to distract xem out there, and the rain sounded nice. It was like keyboard tapping but on cement. Interesting sounds.

Was anyone else coming? They might be fun to read. Xe sat back down on the staircase leading in, flicking through the hearts within the orphanage idly. Xir stomach hurt. "Ignore it," Kardia ordered xirself, checking xir own. The heart xe owned was, as usual, perfectly still. There was the occasional pulse of colour, the faded cream that it seemed to prefer using getting brighter with each beat from the body construct's power source, but that was it.

Boring. Next. More children. And teenagers. There were a few empty rooms nearby. Dormitories? And a kitchen. The people would need that, for sure. Anything else of import? No.

Okay.

((I have a cat @Cece . They were talking about my cat.))

Madi was inwardly screaming when Haji started a conversation with the new person, and held her cat even closer as a separate bowl and spoon floated over to the table where the cereal waited. She was getting better at that, hadn't broken a bowl in a while...

The new girl did look pretty lost, though. Madi felt a little pity at the sight, enough to get enough courage to try and answer her question. She shook her head 'no', and tried to elaborate. "J-just ch-check." She managed to stammer out, hoping that was enough of a clue to let her know the rooms had to be unoccupied.

For added measure, the cat jumped down from Madi's arms and approached the new girl. He tapped her shoe with his paw, then walked out to the hallway as if he expected her to follow him.

((Whoops, ok it kinda seemed like it.:3)
Nodding at the girl who spoke to her, she smiled down at the cat and followed. This is good. There's a friendly cat and other girls here, I think this will be a fun place. She thought. Quickly, we got to the rooms she had seen earlier and she got the point that they were unoccupied. "Thank you!" She called, loud enough for the girls in the kitchen to hear.

"I think so...um, why? Do you know her or something?" he chuckles, gently taking the paper from Remi before beginning to pickup the pages scattered everywhere. I oughta try and pick up a bit in here for first impressions, should she come in....dammit. Dusk slides a few important papers quickly under the bed in hopes that Remi hadn't seen them. "Being shy is my personality, don't you know?"

The cat only led the new girl around long enough to get her to the door of the nearest empty dorm. As soon as she made the connection, he gave her the feline equivalent of a stink-eye and walked right back to the kitchen. Madi had just sat down to eat by that point, and the cat simply jumped into her lap without hesitation.

Madi visibly relaxed at that point, the tension in the girl's shoulders melting away as she ate her breakfast with one hand and petted her cat with the other. They'd helped that girl out, now they didn't have to feel bad about avoiding her for as long as possible afterwards. It was never very long in this place, but a girl could dream.

The rain seemed to fall harder, the keyboard sounds amplified all of a sudden. There was a crack of dull thunder. Kardia looked up, eyes needing to adjust to the suddenly even worse downpour. "Should I go back inside?" xe mused aloud, leaning against the door. "I should probably go inside."

Xe stood, heading through to the dormitories that seemed near enough. Xir vision snapped into the Heart Realm, checking every single dorm until- okay, empty. Good enough. Xe could maybe try interacting with the other orphans later. Far later.

Over xir cold dead body.

Kardia threw the door open and collapsed onto the bed, letting the water all over xir clothes seep into the bedsheets. The door was wide open and xir shoes were still on. Xe kicked the latter off, letting them rest wherever they wanted. Xir thoughts blinked back into the physical world, and Kardia found xemself staring up at a mostly blank roof.

Xir stomach hurt.

"Damn it," xe cursed under xir breath, standing. "I don't want to eat. Do I have to eat? Fine." Xe shot a glare at xir stomach and walked back down to where the kitchen should be. Maybe xe could raid the fridge.

Back