Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

Duskly waved a hand at the smoke as it approached him both by smell and sight. The teen had loved the smell of burnt things, all except for the smell of cigarettes which smelled something along the lines like death to him. Handing over the pair of pants, he asks "Are...are you alright? Mr. Moonglade didn't seem too happy about what'd just happened of course. Er, but you probably already know that, so..." Dusk turns to the look out at the ranch as it was dimly lit for the most part by the full moon from above. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything..."

Remi took another puff thinking off the stash he'd brought home. The kid from his school had multiple uses. But he'd have to leave the building before he used that. If Mr Moon was mad about an unsanctioned shopping trip then he certainly wasn’t going to be happy if weed smoke stank up his banquet.
Dusk joined him, handing over his pants. Remi turned a critical eye over them, but they seemed no worse for having been worn by a centaur. Apparently they'd made it just in time. That explained why Dusk had just run off.
He lowered a look at Dusk. Again with the cow eyes and the deer in the headlights look. "Me? I'm fine. What's he gonna do to us? It's not like he's gonna whoop our arses."
Reluctantly, he spun away from the view so he was leaning against the railing but looking at Dusk. "How about you? You got a backbone coming in your next growth spurt or am I gonna have to buy some tights and a cape?"

He shakes his head. "I-I know I know... I should've been able to stand up on my own for once, especially after the trip we just had but..." Duskly pauses. "I don't know how stand up against Glade still. The centaur sniffs the air a bit before wrinkling his nose and taking a step back with a gentle clop, covering his nose a little. Damn... He has one of those really bad smelling ones. How can Rem just sit there and inhale all of this? Eww... "It was fun though, honestly. Don't think i'd take everything back though. Making friends with Temp was I think one of the best things thats happened to me in a while. I really do like him..."

Remi breathed in deep as Dusk stepped away, keeping his eyes fixed on him. Honestly, how did someone like him survive this long? Not for the first time, Remi wondered where Dusk had come from that had let him grow up so utterly useless at defending himself. He was a fucking centaur for god's sake. He ought to be able to kick the shit out of anyone who made him feel awkward. That was enough of a talking point to get him started in any conversation. He guessed he did spend his days cooped up in this joint though. Remi felt another wave of righteous indignation shudder through him. Dusk needed to learn how to interact with other people. He needed to have a chance to be a normal kid. He was never going to learn any of that if he stayed here forever. Mr Moon could act like he was pleased that Dusk had made friends, but Remi wouldn't believe it until he let him actually get out of this joint.
Speaking of joints. Remi stubbed his out and tucked it over his ear. Mr Moon could tell him off if he really felt like it. Remi didn't particularly care for making him comfortable right now. He doubted if any of the others even knew what weed smelt like, let alone wanted to join him. And he planned on eating and vacating very quickly to where he could finish that joint in peace. Honestly, Dusk had had fun. He probably barely even recognised what that was anymore. A shot of jealousy ran through Remi at Dusk's mention of Temp. He wondered idly if it was for Dusk or Temp. That kid...he was pretty, he was snarky, and he would eat Dusk alive. And Remi was used to having Dusk all to himself. And Remi had seen that look in Temp's eyes. He could stand to see that look again. But he could certainly understand the fascination, especially for Dusk at this point in his life. And Remi would not mind having Temp around for...reasons. A plan began to form. "I meant what I said. We should have him over. It could be fun for all us miserable orphans."
Stepping through the remnants of the smoke around him towards the banquet, Remi shoved Dusk back. It wasn't meant to move him, but you could be a little rougher with centaurs than you could with others. And Remi had a little extra help. "But you need to learn to stand your ground first," Remi added, his eyes sparking. The shadows in the concaves of Dusk's collarbones and under his cheekbones, on the side of his face where the house cast a shadow, came slowly to life, stirring softly against the centaur's skin. Remi stepped in uncomfortably close, the smoke still swirling around his head. His lips were close enough that his breath whispered over Dusk's. "Keep going the way you are, and someone might take advantage of you." Remi's proximity cast Dusk in darkness, and he ran the resulting shadows along his skin, enough to bring up goosebumps on the centaur's human skin, his lips close enough to touch.
Smirking, Remi continued forward, brushing past Dusk and into the house and dinner.

(DRAMAAAAA)

Duskly shuddered in the most violent way as the creeping shadows faded from his skin and the smell of the blunt fading. What the hell did he do that creepy crap for?! It was almost like a big fat shadowy cold lick to my entire upper-half and all the saliva went into my pores... Gah! He turns to follow after Remi only to spot that Mr. Moonglade had left his cigar box on one of the nearby chairs. Rem wasn't wrong about his last part. For that he reason exactly he'd wanted to become a stronger, better person; And it looks like much still hasn't changed about himself. Dusk was still the same old teenage centaur who was above and beyond shy and not to mention, too much of a pushover.
I don't want to be like this forever...why am I... He bites his bottom lip, stopping himself from continuing even further with the thought. Quietly, he walks down the porch and begins to head over to the barn.

Haji, after nodding to Mr. Moonglade, had decided to linger around the porch, staring off into the distance. But she couldn’t help but feel uneasy, after all, if Moonglade has lost faith in the boys, then something must really be going on. In the meantime, as she focused on the trees, she decided to go retrieve her pancakes. Going inside, she grabbed her plate and resumed feasting on her pile of sugar and carbs. Glancing around the table, she thought to herself about these new faces. Kardia, whom she couldn’t make sense of, was strange, but all of them were. Xylia was kind but many had been so before, and many of them harbored ulterior motives. Madi has been here the longest, and her cat was rather annoying but tolerable, and Haji couldn’t see them being any danger. Her thoughts turned to Dusk. He was most definitely one of if not the most senior resident other than Moonglade. And she trusted him like a brother. Remi was here before her too, and he felt like a brother to her, kind, funny, and annoying sometimes. But his hijinks has a habit of getting out of hand, a testament to his recklessness. But, the one thing that worries her the most was this new, strange, and unsecretive extraordinary. She did not like him at all. By the time she had finished pondering her peers, Haji had finished her pancakes. A small puddle of syrup remained, with a few dollops of whipped cream floating around. She quickly retrieved the dollops with her fork and ate them, resigning the syrup -covered plate to the trash can. Standing next to a window adjacent to the door, she stared out at the world. There ought to be some branches in the forest, and maybe some smaller sticks in the yard. However, recent events pointed toward asking Mr, Moonglade for permission first. She decided to go searching to see where he had ran off.

(Yeah sorry guys I am in the last couple of days of summer school and moving house but I'll try and get back into it in the next couple of days)

((Holy shit I thought this died months ago!! I'm so sorry I never checked, though it seems I didn't miss much in terms of personal involvement. Holy shit though, reading through everything I missed was quite a rush...))

Madi thought she'd had enough heart attacks in one day, especially after the increasing series of events that was the mall and that lizard boy with the horns and all the other stuff that went on today. Mr. Moonglade proved her wrong. At least she wasn't the one in trouble, but poor Dusk, Remi, and Haji. Haji seemed OK when she was sent back from whatever had happened with them, but Dusk was all panicky as his mist wore off (Dageru had gone back into cat form as soon as they got home, so no one saw his wear off), and Remi stayed outside for an awful long time after everyone else...

See? This is why Madi avoided going out. Stuff like this happens! Not even pancakes were getting rid of the heaviness in the air, and she'd put enough syrup on hers to soak them through. Not on Dageru's though, his was plain because cat taste buds are boring like that. Maybe that was why the pancakes didn't work.

It was three hours later, midnight, when Duskly returned. His eyes were reddened and dark rings encompassed his eyes as he quietly closed the door behind himself. Most of the food on the table was either half-eaten or completely wiped from the glass plating and the lights had been cut off, leaving the moon's light to illuminate the vast dark spaces throughout the bottomfloor. Dusk groggily makes his way over to his door and enters into his room with a large yawn. He then takes off his shirt and flops onto his double side by side mattress bed sighing heavily.

All the events and activities that'd occurred within that single day played back through his head like a loose memory; Forgetting small key moments of course. He couldn't stop thinking about the horned boy Templton he'd met that day either.... His confidence of who, n-no, WHAT he really was was unbelievable. I wonder...what Rem sees him for since he likes him so much too. The same reason maybe? Maybe...maybe more...

Back