Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

A soul plopped right down into xir personal space, far too close to just ignore. Kardia looked up, eyes falling on a girl with long brown hair and red eyes probably achieved by contacts. "Hey," she greeted, a similar book in hand and holding a plate full of mini doughnuts. "You mind if I take a seat?"

"Go ahead," xe answered, returning to the book in xir hands. The girl nodded, dropping down into the nearest seat.

"So, what brings you here?"

The unexpected question made Kardia look back up, optics redirecting attention to the... admittedly attractive girl. She looked around xir age, at least. "Having nothing better to do. Why do you ask?"

"No reason. You just look like you'd rather be at home." She smiled. Kardia took a second to think before nodding. "True. Your statement is contradictory, but true."

"Oh. Sorry. My name's Maria. You?"

"Kardia," xe answered, returning to xir book. "Nice to meet you, Maria Mabel."

It took xem a second to realise what just went wrong. "Shit," Kardia muttered under xir breath. Hopefully she wouldn't take it that badly.

With the way she was looking at xem? Unlikely.

Madi was about ready to crawl in a hole when strangers showed up. It was one thing where they could just walk around people and avoid them, but actually being acknowledged, by name, to a stranger who was trying to flirt with her orphanage roomie? That was a big nope. She hid behind Dageru the moment her name was spoken, and he simply put a hand on her shoulder and scowled at the 'threat'. Luckily, neither action ruined the stranger's impression of Xylia, and the teenager managed to get a date like she seemed to want to. That was good, at least for Xylia...

Madi was jolted back to her senses when Remi arrived and ruffled her hair. Her face went pink as she tried to un-ruffle it with her fingers, and Dageru probably lashed out at the guy on instinct for the invasion of space.

Remi grinned at Catboy. "Now now, no claws in public, Dageru."
Walking out of the shop with all their assorted goods, he dragged them through a couple of shops collecting bits and pieces, before he finally decided to wonder where the others were. "Where the hell is Dusk?" he demanded. "His scrawny arse was meant to be meeting me in a clothes shop an hour ago."

"Oh, yeah...." Xylia mumbled, dropping her arms where she had her bags hanging, relieved by the brief break. "I haven't seen him since we split." Hmm, she wondered where he could have gone and if she should have scooped him up into their small group. She admitted to herself that she had enjoyed the company and slightly brooding atmosphere Madi and Dageru brought and had forgotten about everyone other than Remi. Whoops, Be a better friend! she thought to herself.

Dusk gave a small sigh of relief as he'd finally escaped them. Taking a brief moment to stop and gather his bearing, he looks around in his best nonchalant face possible before spotting his orphanage friends. Quickly, he'd begun to make his way over to safety. Clothes seem fine...everthing seems to be in order, I think. I just gotta sell it and i'm fine. No one has to know...no one. "H-Hey guys, whats up?" he called to them as he approached. "Sorry for dissapearing like that. I spotted a Barnes and Noble while we were walking and I couldn't help myself."

Remi smiled as Dusk arrived. He liked it when people just came to him. And he certainly still wasn’t used to seeing the centaur with legs. Strange. "Why am I not surprised?" he asked. He started walking away, pulling out his phone. "Ok, let's go. Where are the others? Or at least Haji. She wanted new boots and cloaks."

They bought it, I think good. The only one who'd be suspicious would be Dageru, but no one listens to him.... Dang, I feel like such a bad guy thinking like this! Okay okay, so from here on out, I just have to bank on not being seen again. Then once we're clear, everything should be alright. Dusk indeed noticed that it seemed not everyone was present. Where were they? "Say, how long have I been gone?"

"Quite a while." Xylia answered him brightly. "I still need to get some clothes so we might run into them. That is, if you're down to go to another store Madi." She asked, looking down at her with an inviting smile. Maybe she could convince Dageru and Madi to tag help her pick out some new clothes. She trusted Remi's judgement but the duo had grown on her and she wanted them to have a say in the final decision. "I already know my size so it won't take more than 20 minuets."

Madi had stayed pretty quiet while Remi took the lead in shopping, but she was OK with that. Remi was too much of a whirlwind for her to try and get in his path. She was still glad to tag along, and after a brief snarky retort from Dageru, he offered no further complaint.

She was relieved to see Dusk when he returned to the group, though. Out of all the people to meet back up with first, Madi would have probably chosen him. Especially because he clearly had good taste in stores. Bookstores were awesome, some of her favorites! She was a little upset she'd missed out on it, but not enough to complain. She was happy enough to keep dragging Dageru after the group, and nod at Xylia when the older girl asked if she wanted to keep shopping. Dageru was getting all tense again, but it was probably just because another person was joining the group. If the two of them stuck together, they'd be OK.

"Seriously? It's my bad for leaving you guys. I bet thing would've been a bit more caught up if it wasn't for me." Quit sugar coating it, get off the topic and move on before the questions roll in. "Say, Madi. Would you want to go back to the bookstore with me if we have time? I came across something I think you'd like. Y-You too Dageru. You like books too, right?"

Madi nodded immediately upon being invited to the bookstore. She didn't even have to ask, he'd offered all on his own!

Dageru was less enthusiastic, and simply narrowed his eyes at Dusk before he replied "I'll go where Madi goes. But I'd prefer not to be separated from the group any longer than we have to, if you catch my drift."

"We can all go to the book store if you want." Xylia offered, a little surprised with him speaking for some reason. "I promise I wont be long. I just need a few new shirts to go with some jeans I bought recently." Hopefully that worked out for Dageru.

Duskly nods. "O-Of course Dageru, I understand. Being separated is bad..." A wave of abnormal feelings washed over him as he looked Dageru in the eyes, something he nevere did to anyone as he usually avoided this. Sh-Should I feel...threatened by him? He is just a cat...person...thing...spirit, or whatever. Now that I feel like it, I always kinda did look upto the cat in a way. But, why? What did he do to...no. No no NO! I need to stop thinking such bullsh*t things. Dageru is my friend. Looking up to him a bit is normal. He breaks eye contact and for a split second, Dageru sees a pink flash in the depth of his dark eyes. "Right then, Xylia. Lets go check out some clothes."

Remi grabbed Dusk's hand, a gleeful gleam in his eyes. "Oh, you don't get away that easy, boy. Come on, I know where we're going."
Dragging the others along to the clothes shops in the aisle a little over, Remi moved over to the shirt rack. There were some button ups he wanted to try on. "What jeans did you get, darling? What are we looking for?"
He pulled a couple of shirts off the rack and held them up to Dusk. He seemed a little off, but Remi barely noticed, as eager as he was to find Dusk some good shirts. A little too eager. Besides, whatever could have put Dusk off in a bookshop? Though, Remi was hardly one to talk. He somewhat doubted they'd had the same distraction. He put two shirts back and took out another. He knew Dusk's size already. Probably better than he did, if he was honest. He piled them into Dusk's arms and pulled out a turtleneck and a shirt for himself. "What colour do you think would suit Dusk and Xylia, Madi?" he asked.

“Ooh maroon always looks good on guys.” She said, popping her head up from one of the racks near by. She had 6 shirts in her hand, 1 black and white floral, 2 solid colored crop tops, 1 black and white striped long sleeve, and two sassy graphic v necks. As she spoke, she turned to Madi and Dageru. She needed to narrow it down to 4 shirts and then she would be ready to go.

(I hate my notifications for not telling me that literally everything happened ;-; )
Haji had been left behind pretty fast, she wasn't that good at navigating the crowds in the mall as Remi. She was honestly a little scared at this point. Well, she could try to use Kehgjerkhan. But then she would go back to her normal color. She'd just need to find a bathroom or something. She looked for a sign and found one that led down a hallway. She got there, relieved to have found a quiet place. She walked in, there were a few people there, but not too many. Her eyes glanced over to look for any... Oh God. She looked in the mirror, shaking. All she could see was... Was....
"You alright sweetie? You were looking kind of pale there" A woman had put her hand on her shoulder, making her jump. She nodded stiffly before dashing to a stall and locking the door. Well, what could she do? She could.... No, but maybe... That would never work... Ugh, she couldn't get out of it without drawing attention. She switched to Leq, trying to figure out what the women were talking about.
"Maybe we should call staff. She looked lost."
"Yeah, the poor thing. She looked sick. Maybe she got kidnapped or something."
This was not good. She would have to use Keshyevjeshera if she wanted to sneak out. But Creja... She'd just wait it out.

Dageru's spirits were not lifted by this little excursion. He'd seen that gleam in Dusk's eye, and he had no idea what it was, but it was different and that usually wasn't good. He kept Madi well out of the temporarily-not-a-centaur's way while she dragged him through the clothing store, just in case something went wrong. Something was bound to go wrong at this rate...

Madi was having a great time, though. She couldn't fit into any of these clothes, so she was able to not worry so much and just pick out clothes for other people. When Xylia asked her opinion on the shirts she'd collected, she immediate pointed at the one with flowers on it. Deciding on colors for Dusk was a little harder, but after Dageru grumbled "How about pink?" under his breath, she brightened up and nodded enthusiastically.

"P-pink!" She called out, as best she could over her stutter. Stutter or no, pink was the best color there was. Anyone could pull it off.

Do these colours really matter? And why are there so many different colours of the colours. They seem pretty on a canvas, but confusing on people... "Pink doesn't sound too bad" he replied, momentarily pulling himself from his colour inception. "But maybe there is one without flowers on it? And maybe we could look for something a bit darker, even?"

The women weren't leaving, and they were trying to get her to come out.
"You okay in there? Is there someone we should call? Are you lost?" They kept asking. These good Samaritans were going to make this very hard. If she made a scene, everyone would be upset. She'd have to use Keshyevjeshera. Closing her eyes, she whispered a sorry before opening the door. The women didn't move or acknowledged her, even as she closed the door. As soon as she got back out, she closed her eyes and breathed a second as she switched to Kehgjerkhan, focusing on Remi. When she opened her eyes she found a glowing path before her, and she followed it all the way to a clothing store. Once she caught sight of Remi she was relieved. It seemed Madi and Dusk were here too, and her cat.
"Too fast." She said as she walked up to Remi, a bit upset that she had gotten left behind.

(Sorry, I don’t think my notifications work)

Osiria lapped up the remains of her ice cream, before dropping the bowl in a bin. She sighed and looked around the mall, unsure what to do now that she had bought a few things. Maybe she should try and find the others. They were probably doing something fu-was that a pet store? Osiria instantly forgot about finding the others, and flounced over to see inside.

Back