Gattletowne

The Crowned Light of Midday Night
Thief_Vore_3.jpg

Hello. You will be disoriented, but that is expected. It is normal for memories to be hazy or not present at all. Do not waste effort in trying to remember your name. You no longer have one. In fact you will not know your name or remember anything of your previous life. All you need to know is that you are evil and your punishment has come to call. There is only one expectation we have of you. That is to die. It will not be by our hand, the hand of justice. We are above such barbarism. The great teacher that is time has shown us again and again that evil not only consumes good, it also consumes itself. Welcome to Murder City. Your fellow sinners eagerly await your arrival.

Murder City is a dark fantasy RP in which you play a new blood fresh from the waking chamber. You have no past and no name (until you give yourself one) and the only future that awaits you is death. How long can you keep that death at bay, and who will you kill along the way?

Last edited:
I'll give interested and prospective participants alike a little more detail here as to what this will be now that sufficient interest has been shown. I'm not going to get super detailed, because I think it'll be fun to really give your character that 'fish out of water' feel, but a few more details are in order. Consider this kind of your on-boarding. It's info your character will receive shortly after waking up.

Where is Murder City?
Murder City is a solitary environment, which is to say there's no known way out. At the outskirts, around the entire city, the ground ends into a sheer drop into nothingness. The space beyond and below is impenetrable blackness.

Kill to Live
The city is so named because you must kill to survive. The currency is called NG's. It's short for phalanges. Upon waking, you'll eventually realize that an incision has been made on the ring finger of your left hand. Inscribed on the proximal phalange of your left hand is esoteric symbols of unknown significance, and it's the only way for others to survive. Scattered throughout the city are supply boxes, and the only way to open them is with NG's. Once the boxes are opened, the symbols glow bright, and the bone currency is destroyed. So is the box, only to resurface hours later in a new location. Take care not to remove an NG from a living body, though. If the heart is still beating, the symbols glow green, and the body dies and the bone is destroyed with it. So only in death is the NG useful. Murder is necessary, essential. Kill to live. It's the only law of Murder City.

To Be A Murder Simulation or Not to Be...
Just because Murder is a large part of the premise and heavily colors the world (mostly red), does not mean all you're going to do is hack and slay all day long. That's not the point of this RP. The point is that your character is thrust into an insane set of circumstances and must deal with them or die. Murdering is something you'll eventually come across, but it's for flavor and context. This isn't a power fantasy. It's survival in an impossible situation. Let me emphasize something, though. This is not a PvP game. I will not allow PCs to kill each other. You don't have to cooperate, you don't even have to stay in the same place, but no one wants their character to be jacked. That's no fun for anyone.

Last edited:
How magical is this RP? What's the timeframe? I assumed it was modern day.

A bit. I was expecting less murder, oddly enough. Don't know why. And ditto Salsacookies. I thought it was set American Revolution, late 18th century type of deal (judging from the picture.)

The time period is ambiguous on purpose. Your characters literally don't know what's going on. The city itself is also kind of ambiguous, mixing different architecture. Think of the 90s movie Dark City.

Last edited:
How magical is this RP? What's the timeframe? I assumed it was modern day.
There's is an element of magic for sure. The witchy sigils on the finger bones, the Alkies, and the fact that the city exists in this odd space implies magic. That's the 'fantasy' aspect of the Dark Fantasy. The magic will be more 'occult' and less traditional medieval magic stuff. Some limited technology will be implied. The paragraph I opened with will take place on a CRT monitor hung above the slab you wake up on. Character creation will be unconventional.

Last edited:
If this isn't what you thought you signed up for, guys, no hard feelings. This is all for fun. I want to tell a dark story in this setting. That's all. Now that you have more details and if it's not your thing, I totally understand and take no offense at all.

Real quick, I'm mentioned this before, this will be a non-combat RP. I plan to set a system up to handle encounters that will be narrative and add an element of chance that will color the narrative, but for flavor purposes only.

If this isn't what you thought you signed up for, guys, no hard feelings. This is all for fun. I want to tell a dark story in this setting. That's all. Now that you have more details and if it's not your thing, I totally understand and take no offense at all.

Real quick, I'm mentioned this before, this will be a non-combat RP. I plan to set a system up to handle encounters that will be narrative and add an element of chance that will color the narrative, but for flavor purposes only.
You may have to keep an eye on me for a bit. I don't think I quite understand how a narrative RPG works yet, and I don't think you'd be able to explain it to me in a way I'd understand.

Not trying to be rude, just don't want to annoy you by playing this wrong.

You may have to keep an eye on me for a bit. I don't think I quite understand how a narrative RPG works yet, and I don't think you'd be able to explain it to me in a way I'd understand.

Not trying to be rude, just don't want to annoy you by playing this wrong.

All I mean is that we're writing a story together, not playing a mechanics heavy, tabletop style RPG. There's no dice rolling. Any mechanics I introduce I will explain throughly. The goal is to write a fun, good story, not just have a power fantasy for our characters. Murder isn't even the major focus, necessarily. It's the catalyst for our characters to work through a crazy and intense circumstance. You'll be fine and not at all annoying

There's more to come about how to create your characters and a few more details about the world. That all should be wrapped up today at some point.

Question. NGs serve as a form of currency, but it is attached to your finger (?)
How are NGs stored?
So if you have gained multiple NGs, and someone were to kill you, how do the all your kills in the form of NGs transfer to them?

Question. NGs serve as a form of currency, but it is attached to your finger (?)
How are NGs stored?
So if you have gained multiple NGs, and someone were to kill you, how do the all your kills in the form of NGs transfer to them?

I think everyone has an NG on them, but they need to be dead for the NG to activate. Hence, you have too kill someone to take the NG from them.
From then on out, I think they're just keys for opening the boxes, stored like any physical object would be, transferred like any physical object would be.
Personally, I would just call them Knuckle bones, or Knuckle bone keys.

I think everyone has an NG on them, but they need to be dead for the NG to activate. Hence, you have too kill someone to take the NG from them.
From then on out, I think they're just keys for opening the boxes, stored like any physical object would be, transferred like any physical object would be.
Personally, I would just call them Knuckle bones, or Knuckle bone keys.
A dead person's NG turns into tokens eh?
That's workable

A dead person's NG turns into tokens eh?
That's workable
I mean, a person's ring finger on the left hand is an NG. To activate the NG, you need to kill the person. You kill them, and take the finger. That finger can then be used as a 'key' to unlock supply boxes around the city. These NG are essentially bones with a symbol carved into them. You can kill someone, take the NG they have on them (in a pouch, pocket, etc.) and take their left ring finger.

I mean, a person's ring finger on the left hand is an NG. To activate the NG, you need to kill the person. You kill them, and take the finger. That finger can then be used as a 'key' to unlock supply boxes around the city. These NG are essentially bones with a symbol carved into them. You can kill someone, take the NG they have on them (in a pouch, pocket, etc.) and take their left ring finger.
Wouldn't this enable the transfer of NGs without killing? IE trading, stealing, robbing.

Back