MxM RP - Discuss?

Minminniexx

MxM RP's - GDocs / Discord for chatting -
I've noticed over the years the MxM roleplay community has slowly disappeared, is this because people realized MxM was less 'active' or is there just less people interested in it?

I find this to be a bit disheartening since I love to RP but won't RP heterosexual relationships. I'm a rape survivor and the thought of a male on female event is triggering to me, so I only roleplay as males. Maybe it's my way to cope, maybe its just how things are, but yeah...

Anyone else notice that MxM is less frequent, or is it just me?

I am used to german RP boards where you will often find more MxM than anything else.
I think this type of play is probably more on specialized boards, than on overall fantasy-focused roleplay boards.

I havn't been too lucky finding these 'specialized' boards unfortunately, I still do fantasy focused, but, I only do gay relationships. So, yeah lol...

I have the opposite experience. Generally, when I search through 1x1 threads, people are looking for either straight relationships or MxM. I've found it's harder to find anyone willing to write FxF relationships.

Harder still is finding someone okay with writing a story, and seeing if any relationships happen organically rather than starting with a relationship in mind.

Tbh I made the experience that RPGs work best for me if there is no relationship at all, at least not between player characters.

Tbh, german RP boards are pretty immature. There is a lot of MxM and FxF but FxF is 90% horny boys and MxM is 90% horny girls. At least in my experience. I never saw anything decent. If someone has a relationship in mind from the start it's a very good reason for me not to play it.

I enjoy playing characters that fall outside the norm, in terms of sexuality or otherwise, but i came to utterly despise Romance RPGs with a fixed pairing. It's also one of the reasons i dont play 1x1 anymore.

yeah, I don't like 'horny' people. Which is a good reason I'm a 95 / 5 Player - sexual situation should pertain to the plot, and never just 'be there, to 'be there' I'm fine with you enjoying my writing, but... I'm not here for your pleasure in that form, ya know?

I have the opposite experience. Generally, when I search through 1x1 threads, people are looking for either straight relationships or MxM. I've found it's harder to find anyone willing to write FxF relationships.

Harder still is finding someone okay with writing a story, and seeing if any relationships happen organically rather than starting with a relationship in mind.

This. I love slow build. I love DEVELOPMENT in the characters

I think it definitely comes down to the community of the forum you are on, then again until joining this site (very recently), I only ever wrote on themed, world roleplay sites, which meant that there was always a huge variety of members who wanted MxM or FxF or MxF. And usually that meant they cared more about the story development for the overall plot of the board.

But yes, it can be frustrating to find representation if you aren't on the right board for you. I think this place allows for a lot more freedom because there is no set, one plot.

As someone who mainly roleplays FxF pairings, I agree 100% with you. It's a lot harder to find people who do roleplay this pairing. It can be quite frustrating at times!

I did see that they were less frequent, which is a bit sad because those are also one of my favorite types of roleplay. I'm always willing to roleplay almost any roleplay out there, consider it a passion. But, with a few helping hands and people with common interests, I'm sure we could bring it back.

I'm RPing mostly on Polish forums and recently, I had a problem finding someone for MxM. Has it always been like this? It's hard to tell. I can't say that Polish RP circle is small but MxM sessions are usually written by the same people. It's difficult to find somebody new and for me, that's the problem. Immaturity is another one and I even won't start on this because I would spend here a long long time ranting. As a gay male, I'd love to RP a gay character in a... let's say the good environment, where I'm not bombarded with kinky content for example. I'm finding the biggest pleasure in roleplaying emotions of the characters, I don't mind the mature content but hey, let's keep it balanced.
I'll agree though that it's much much harder to find someone for FxF RP.

I love mxm rp! But I also think its decline is because there are some people who think people who rp MxM are fetishizing gay people, which I personally dont believe but I do see that get thrown around a lot.
It's really disheartening because tbh I connect to male characters a lot more

This is too true! Plus, whenever I see a public FxF RP and I think that it's going to be just fine BAM. Kinks.

This is too true! Plus, whenever I see a public FxF RP and I think that it's going to be just fine BAM. Kinks.
Oh man, I thought I was going to have a nice story with lots of characters, intricate plot points, and all I got were kinks. It was wild. The internet is a weird place.

Back