Jayden's eyes burst open and he shoots up to his feet, breathing heavily as if he just finished a 10 mile sprint. He looks around frantically, trying to make sense of where he is and what he's doing there. In his mind he tries to recollect the events that preceded him being on this ship that smells an awful lot like a giant corpse-yard. All around his feet he sees dead bodies littered all over the floor. His boots stomp against the mushy bodies of the corpse and the look on his face clearly expresses his disgust. Slowly but surely the memories flood back into his mind. He was on a ship to Solus. And then...there was that dream...in the weird world...with that creepy entity. Whatever it was fed him something shiny...something bout a gift?

"AH" Jayden screams and pulls out his gun; instinctively firing a shot at a thing standing against the rails of the ship, glowing bright blue and looking mutilated. A chunk of the ship breaks off and flies off into the ocean. Jayden was still breathing heavily, shocked at the fact the the bullet went right through him as if he wasn't even there.

"What the hell..." His breathing got even more heavy. The mutilated creature jerked it's head up to look at Jayden, growling.

Jayden looks up and is horrified to find a number of spectres hovering over the ship, staring down at him. jayden of course, is unaware of what these things are. He aims his pistol at them and starts firing shots but each time they only whizz through their bodies like they were made of air.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

Kez breathed in and out heavily, hawk-like eyes scanning the deck to try and spot anyone who might be suspect of surviving the Rot. She spotted two females nearby, both of which jogged her memory as heading to the upper deck at the same time as she after surviving the Rot. That's most likely because they too didn't die as they were supposed to. She headed towards them, mind itching for answers as badly as her hands were wanting to be holding her daggers, but she restrained herself from at least taking out her weapons. The one woman was dressed in furs...the question she couldn't help but ask herself is whether those furs belonged to other Beastials or true animals. If it was not the latter, then this conversation was going to get ugly fast. However, approaching her immediately armed would set the wrong precedent if she was in fact not a hunter of 'critters'.

Tyrian followed Kestral's gaze to the two woman, noting a vague recollection of them being in the sick bay, as well as the same 'connection' feeling he had with Kestral and Glacir. "Those look promising, how about we-" However, his attention was ripped away by the loud noise of a flintlock round being fired, followed by a loud yell of one of the crew members. Tyrian turned away from the two women and rushed towards the new site of intrigue, sprinting towards the man who was blindly firing a with a glare. With one hand, he'd try to grab the man's arm while the other grabbed the barrel of the gun and turned it upwards. "What the fuck is wrong with you, moron?!"

"GET THE HELL OFF ME!" Jayden shrugs the man away and turns his attention back to the floating beings, his breathing only getting more intense. Suddenly, more of them start to materialize out of thin air, some rising up from the corpses scattered around the deck ."Oh come on!"

He pulls out another pistol and with his back towards the man from before, he slowly walks backwards and away from all the glowing blue creatures who are walking towards him. He turns his head to face the man, "don't just stand there, help me out with this!"

The man just wouldn't calm the hell down and it was ticking Torian off, he had enough bullshit to deal with in all this dream man shit, he didn't need some irrational dumbass making everything worse through his giant-size gob. "I said. Calm. Down. NOW." When his advice was once again shrugged off by the unstable passenger, Tyrian instead waited. The moment Jayden turned his back to the merchant, Tyrian took no hesitation in slamming the butt of his pistol against the back of the man's head, hoping to at least knock the man to the floor.

"Ow!" Jayden falls to the floor into the pool of corpses but he quickly gets up to his feet and points both his pistols at the man who knocked him down. "Don't make me blow your balls off man,"

As soon as the Dwemer spoke, Jayden aimed his other pistol at him too. "Same goes to you Dwemer guy," He presses a button next to the hammer of his pistol and small lines where parts of the pistol link together start to spark and glow.

Jayden soon remembers of what he was pointing his pistols at before this and turns around to face the spectres once more, this time much closer than he'd like. "Well shit," he fires his pistol at all of them, forgetting the fact that his bullets did nothing to them the last time he tried. An arc of electricity flies out of one of the pistols and breaks off a large chunk of the ship. "Why are my pistols not doing anything to these things?!"

Soon, more of the crew pulled away from their duties, filing in to converge on the crazed man making holes in their ship. The Captain lumbered through the sea of bodies with his one eye alight at all the sudden action, before narrowing as he realized his poor ship was getting bruises. "Put one more hole in my ship, lad and we'll forgo throwing you overboard; we'll skin ye and feed every piece to those ugly lookin' fishies" The ship rocked harder, the waves crashing against the bow now gaining more traction with a new hole to splash through. "Lenny, get over and fill that hole before I shove a boot up your ass! I don't care what you need to use, use that 3-inch knobbler ya call a penis to fill in the hole if ya hafta!"

"Yeah, I'm not interested in this boat sinking either, so... Knock it off, dumbass" Tyrian kept his pistol raised, ready to fire on the man if he didn't comply with ceasing his suicidal fuckery. "You wanna chase the head bunnies, go ahead and jump in the waters yourself and drown for all I care; leave me out of it... Oh, and everybody else, I suppose."

Naiel's eyes narrowed momentarily, a flicker of light reflecting off of them as the shaman peered past the veil of the living. She turned back towards the sea to observe the fish again.

"A woman rests on your shoulders, weeping for something lost. A man clings to your shadow with fury and spite, with many heads on his belt. Fireflies follow behind him, but they wither and snuff out if they stray too close." Sharah's gaze remained tinted with contempt at the strange sea life. It was an omen to her, as many things were. The spirits were in disarray, even the fish weren't right. She started to wonder what exactly her vision was leading her to.

"I can try to banish them, but that man's twisted soul will take more than that to truly cast away."

Kestral was one her way to the females, daggers already drawn and at the ready, when gun shots began to rain down all around them. The sound brought back a kick of adrenaline she hadn't felt since the night of the massacre, the female getting glimpses once more of watching countless bird-folk being captured and killed. She turned swiftly to the noise, finding that it was another corpse-come to life who was now raving like a mad man and shooting like one too. Kez immediately changed direction, swearing under her breath as she went towards where the commotion was occurring. "This is why I prefer bladed weapons. Everyone else waves a pistol around like it's a toy!" She growled under her breath, jumping into the air and gliding rather than flying straight into the chaos of getting the man to calm firing.

Tyrian seemed to have him at a stand still, the captain shouting orders while the mad-man seemingly heard no one and continued on like there was a grim reaper breathing threats into his ear. She narrowed her eyes, knowing that if someone didn't incapacitate him, they were going to end up with a might big hole in the ship and electrified sails which would do nothing in getting them to Solus if he continued. Her decision was quick., her years of training kicking in as she ascended down swiftly towards the man. The female hit him from above, knocking him down to the deck in an almost roll before ending up on top of him with his hands pinned by her knee behind his back. His pistols lay nearby, knocked out of his hand, while the cool steel of her blades lay against his neck. "If you're going to continue on like that, this journey is going to become very uncomfortable for you very quickly. Now, take a breath and pull your sanity back together before my fists to your head do it for you. Speak like someone who's brain hasn't been infested by the Rot or I'll make true on the Captain's promise to flay you alive." The wind picked up around them, pulling at people's clothing and grasping at Kestral's curls so that they flung out around her.

Tyrian's trigger finger itched, tensing up at the sight of movement before coming to a sudden halt when it became clear Kestral was the one who jumped in all of the sudden. He'd been one second away from splattering her guts over the floor. Aas she pushed her threats on the man, Tyrian's eyes narrowed, she was starting to remind him of many late crooks back in Oxis. "We had him surrounded with weapons pointed, but yeah, it was completely necessary for you to jump in from above with no warning and getting your dumb ass filled with holes" He looked down to Jayden, only now noting with the gun no longer firing that the man's eyes were glowing. "Alright, Buddy, whatever you're seeing, no one else is. So calm down and talk to us. Or we can just blow your head off" Before glancing at Kestral. "Then I'm sure the bird lady with the ridiculous hair will stop breathing on you"

The woman talked about spirits. Teresa had heard about giant island sized creatures that swallowed ships whole, dragons in the sky, created from the sun itself but nothing like a spirit. Do they exist? She mentioned a woman and a man, could this be her father and mother? Teresa looked shocked, she had to breathe a bit before responding.

"So you mean to say that spirits exist? Who are they? What do they say?!" She says as she lightly touches the woman's arm.

Noticing that a lot of people have gathered around him, he lowers his weapon, turning off the power of the crystal in one of his pistols. He looks around and meets the eyes of everyone around him; they all looked at him like he was crazy. As he lowers his weapons back to his sides, suddenly someone swoops in at him and pins him down to the ground with a knife to his neck. Both his pistols now lay mere feet away from him, a rather uncomfortable gap between him and his source of protection. The cold blade on his neck sends a shiver across his whole body. Having a gabajillion guns pointed at him at once was bad enough. His eyes met the wooden deck of the ship, the smell of the old wood stinging his nose. Jayden let out a sigh and opened his mouth, "get off me lady..." He says with an angered and slightly annoyed tone.

His eyes pushes against the corner of his sockets at the sound of the man talking. "Why don't you tell your friend here to get the hell off me first yeah,"

She waited a response, eyes scanning not only Jayden but the people around her too. There was tension in the air, an unspoken potential for violence that dissipated somewhat once she got involved. Whether it was because she had jumped in or because the tension had already begun to die down before she got there she was not sure. All she did know for certain was that having the man shooting off bullets like they were confetti now disarmed was preferable for her. His eyes glowed faintly, hinting at something not completely normal to Kez but nevertheless he seemed calmer now. When Tyrian gave his own snide comment, she flicked her head up and gazed at him with pupils narrowed to look like that of a hunting eagle. "You were all acting like children waving around your pistols. You have a greater chance of hitting someone else with a stray bullet than your intended target so I cut the problem off at the head rather than playing games. Call me bird lady again and I'll have to do something about it." An especially strong gale pulled at Tyrian, sweeping his tail to one side while his clothes were blown in the opposite direction for a moment. She was still irritated with Tyrian about earlier things, having almost forgotten about it until he decided to question her methods. Kestral jumped off the man, sheathing her daggers as her wings flapped irritably. "I won't hesitate to have you kissing the deck again if you want to go berserk, keep that in mind."

"Children?" An eyebrow raised as he gestured to the crowd and Jayden. "We were dealing with the situation with guns steady and weapons at the ready. You are just needlessly escalating it at risk of getting friendly fire. The spotlight ain't worth getting yourself shot for being an idiot" Tyrian didn't really care for her angry look, he'd been in the company of plenty cock-sure teenagers before. Some would probably say he himself still fell under that category. "Though if you really want yourself to get shot in the back, at least save it for when I need a meatshield" He moves over to Jayden, gesturing for the man to stand up. "Your eyes are glowing. Better start talking before the folks grab their torches and pitchforks or before Kestral wants to overcompensate again"

The crew stayed where they were, watching both Jayden and Kestral for signs of aggression, though some were still disappointed that the situation was seemingly defusing. Things got really boring on this ship and they wanted some action!

Jayden got up to his feet and brushed off his coat. "And I won't hesitate to burn your wings and fry you up bird lady. Always wondered what a critter would taste like," Jayden says as he eyeballs the girl that pinned him down. He goes to grab his pistols, making sure they're clean and functional before holstering them. He walks up to Tyrian and gives him a confused look.

"The hell do you mean my eyes are glowing?" Behind Tyrian, he still sees the spectres hovering around, though they seem less hostile now. Not like they ever were to begin with.

Jayden examines the critter standing before him, smirking. It wasn't until his eyes landed on his hand that the smirk went away. "Well your hand's lookin a little weird too, care to explain that?"

Tyrian of course had to fire another inflammatory comment, riling her up even further. However, she managed to swallow her words and take the high road. Unfortunately for them both, Jayden felt the need to comment as well in a way that sent her right over the edge. Red began to build in her vision, the winds heightening to gale-force and making the sails above them fill with snap. He used the word she hated most, the female stopping right in her tracks as went on to threaten to eat her. She swiveled around slowly from where she had been walking away, boot heels scraping against the upper decks floor as she turned to face the pair. She was spittingly mad, eyes narrowed and dark as a sea storm.

In the blink of an eye, she was in front of them, hands on the hilt of the daggers sitting snugly on her hips. Kestral glared at them both, eyes like that of a venomous snake as she gazed with a look as if she could peel the skin off their bodies with a single glance. "You two insufferable pieces of shit better watch who you're talking to." She focused intently on Tyrian first, saying "Friendly fire was inevitable. People who draw their weapons intend to use them. If you fire off words as easily as you fire off your gun, you would have made holes in me even if I hadn't intervened. Probably would have hit the crew and added more damage to the ship. Just because you make your living wagging your tongue this way and that doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and not face the consequences for it. I am not some misty eyed fool who will fall at your feet the minute you say a single word. I thought you were someone decent until you turned out to be like every other pick-pocket, silver-tongued snake of a conman out there...wanting to make friends just so you can eek every last bit of coinage and benefits out of them. Not even saying a word when people threaten to harm those like you."

She was all fire now, the softness from before gone after the betrayal she had felt from him. Truth be told, she was expecting Tyrian to have said something when the man threatened to eat her and yet he had not and it had hurt...she wouldn't admit that to him now though. "As for you..." She turned her attention to the newcomer, saying in a low, dangerous tone "Touch me and it will be the last thing you do. People like you are sick and cruel....yet my kind has still persisted for as long as we have and will continue to do so. We'll see how smug you are when I've drawn and quartered you before you've even drawn your pistol." She looked him up and down, scowling and shrugging her shoulders lightly. "I've faced mountain trolls back in the Aerie orchards bigger than you, so don't push your luck."

She was upset, hurt and angry. Emotions broiled inside her like a witches brew, making her stomach twist and churn uncomfortably. However, Kestral left it at that, spinning quickly and heading to her cabin before they could say a word to her.

"Everyone needs to calm down," Glacir said with irritation in his voice. Things were starting to look bad with this crazy gunman shooting at everything, and the amount of arguments happening was hurting his head.
"Unless, of course, you'd like to live the rest of your life as a sculpture of yourself, in which case I'll gladly help you do that."

While Tyrian was a bit caught off guard by her speed, he didn't put much stock into her speech about him not being as good as she thought he was, even though he had been pretty damn honest about himself since they met. She had the right look for the most part, keeping eye contact, trying to make herself look bigger, but she fell flat on her words and voice. Though he had to admit, the wind was really convenient in it's timing, made things more dramatic. As she continued her, as Tyrian called it, tantrum he started to doubt his previous admission that she wasn't as nieve as he thought. With her continuing on with baseless assumptions on Tyrian's own ability to aim the gun he's been using his whole life, her inability to understand that her jumping in only made things worse and the hypocrisy of 'You just don't think you ever have to face consequences'. Really, the only words that left any impact was the ridiculous implication that just because they shared the same species, he had an obligation to take her side in an argument of two morons. "It's always the cute ones that run away"

Tyrian had to roll his eyes. Of course, she ended up walking away, probably hoping to rush for cover before anyone could provide a refute to her words. A tactic he'd seen many times before when people are desperate to justify their own bullshit decisions. "Well, at least with you two separate I won't have to worry about you dumbasses blowing up the ship" He turned his full attention to Jay. "The hell you on about? My hand's perfectly normal. If it weren't for the glowing eyes, I'd assume you were wrong in the head" One thing that did hold up in his mind was that he would eventually have to go back and find Kestral, no matter what, she was involved in this dream bullshit.

The Crew had dispersed, both disappointed and confused as the wind had suddenly begun to go up and down in tempo like it was bi-polar.

"well what the hell are you on about saying my eyes are glowing? If they were I'd know," as the crew members returned to their places, Jayden looked around at the spectres again, still a big petrified by their presence. "and yeah I'm not kidding when I say your hand's lookin a bit weird. My name's Jayden by the way. I'd shake your hand but I don't want any weird voodoo shit rubbing off on me. I'm here all the way from Oxis, you?

He walks away towards the railing of the ship, leaning against it and looking out across into nothing. Jayden lets out a big sigh as he remembers everything that's happened leading up to him being on this ship.

Back