She was fuming by the time she reached her allotted cabin space, slamming the door so hard she felt the frame rattle all the way into the floorboards. "Stupid idiots! Always wanting to prolong violence for as long as possible! 'Oh, wow, there's a man waving a gun around and shooting at things no one can see, let me take out my own gun and wave it around too, because that will definitely help'. Can't believe they've all made it this far. Why did I have to get on this stupid ship in the first place." Kestral paced up and down the room, throwing her daggers into the wooden door whenever she was on the opposite side of the room and pulling them out each time she paced close to it again. She ground her teeth together, feeling irritable and confined in this small space...she would be damned though before she went back up to the decks to face anyone again. In fact, she was planning on staying here and not leaving except for meals, even though she knew she would probably go mad without being able to fly. Kez did her best impression of Tyrian's voice, waving her hands around as he had done when trying to sell her the coat " '
at least save it for when I need a meatshield
' seriously? Seems like he's never had his life threatened before, or had relatives killed off and their limbs sold like jewlery. No one understand, no one will ever understand.
" She was shaking now, memories of bird-folk limbs being ripped off or chopped while the people were still alive played over and over again in her head, their screams so fresh in her memory it was as if she was still there watching the massacre happen.

Tyrian takes out a mirror from his satchel, pushing it in front of Jayden. "Your eyes are glowing." Before pulling back and tapping the gloved hand. "And this isn't glowing. Though, I have o ask you a question: Been seeing any magic men with no faces lately?" Leaning to the side, Tyrian took note of the man's jacket, specifically the logo on the back. "Ah, you're one of Raiken's boys"

As everything seemed to be...fine, for the most part, Glacir decided to head back to his cabin to rest his head. He thought about finding and talking to Kestral, but considered the possibility that she still might be angered by the other two's remarks. If I see her on the way, I'll try, at least, he thought to himself as he walked down to the cabins.

Naiel's skin was clammy, not unlike a corpse, and the shaman turned back towards the girl. "Of course they are real, but yours, I suppose, do not want to speak to me."

"And from the sound of it, you know exactly who these two are."

Teresa grunted and took a step back looking out into the open sea, being slowly engulfed by the fog. She thought of a small response but concluded that adding to the conversation was pointless.

“So why are you out here, umm what’s your name?” She asked curiously while staring out into the now white background. The wind caught her hair and sent chills down her back, she pulled up her jacket to cover the rest of her neck. She didn’t want to get sick again

It started with the holler of one random crew member on the other side of the ship, inviting his fellows to look over at the fish, apparently, there was a funny sight to behold down there. The chant of the fishes continued, rising into a loud chorus of chatters as the horse of dying creatures began to gain traction, beating their heads against the ship in unison with no regard to their own safety. For other passengers, especially those in the lower decks, they would hear the sudden symphony of loud bangs creaking the wood. For Naiel, it would be an odd sensation, whatever was going on with the fish, she'd be able to tell that they were frightened and confused, as if they'd just awoken from a nightmare in a completely unfamiliar setting.

That's when Jayden would be able to see them, with all the strange glow surrounding him, he could make out more in the distance. Through the thickets of the strong fog, there was a collection of a deeper, more tortured glow, one that gave off an unnatural feeling in the same vein of the fishes. Multiple collections. And they were all heading towards the ship.

"G-G-GET THE FUCK OFF ME!"

A blood-curdling scream echoed throughout the hollow walls of the ship, the chant reaching it's highest pitch. On the other side of the ship, the hollering crew mate now stood, thrashing about and slamming himself against the wall as he cried, his body infested with rotting fishes ripping into his flesh. It wasn't long before the slabs of flesh hit the ground, torn off savagely and letting the blood sink into the lower floors. By the time anyone could reach the man, there was nothing but a lump of muscles and bones, with fishes chewing their way through the wooden floor, slipping into the lower decks.

Glacir was about to reach his cabin when he thought he heard a scream. Glacir paused for a moment, grabbed his hammer, then turned around...to see a bunch of glowing fish digging through the ship.
"Wh...what in the world...?" One of the fish tried to jump at him, but Glacir quickly smacked it aside with his hammer.
"Great...first weird dreams, and now glowing fish. Why can't this be a normal voyage?" Glacir proceeded back to the top deck of the ship. Whatever these things were probably had something to do with the scream, and that meant trouble.

Kestral sat down on the foot of her bed, finally beginning to calm down somewhat. Something warm and wet then suddenly dropped onto her head, making her blink suddenly with the shock of the sensation. She brought a hand up to her head, bringing her fingers down to her face to see the bright red liquid staining her fingertips. What the hell? She thought, the girl's eyes widening as she looked up to see where the fluid came from...only to have a flurry of droplets fall not only onto her face, but onto her wings and clothing as well. "Gah!" She exclaimed, jumping up and trying to wipe the stuff out of her eyes and away from her mouth.

She tasted the metallic tang of blood, the rusty-smell of it assaulting her sensitive sense of smell. It must be coming from the upper deck! Kez rushed out, pulling the dagger from where she had last thrown it in the door and sheathed it opposite her other one. She didn't even bother to lock her door behind her, instead running up the corridors to the top deck, feeling her breath hitch in her throat at the sight she saw there.

Chunks of meat, not clean slices but butchered mounds, littered the wooden floor. The girl needed to step over it as she walked on, needing to see what was going. There was a man screaming, someone she recognized as being part of the crew, trying to bat off hordes of half-rotten fish come to life as they gnawed on his body. They were on the floor too, the female looking down with horror evident on her face as she suddenly needed to jump out the way to prevent having her foot chomped off. What sort of nightmare have I walked into? She unsheathed her daggers, looking around with confusion on her face as she tried to figure out what to do.

Kestral and Glacir would be able to spot many more people being overwhelmed in droves by a sea of rotting flesh and teeth, some were left in a heap of gore while others found themselves falling overboard and dragged under the waves, the fish seemed to attack and move at random. "Countless bodies fall to the inhuman horde of flesh and rot, consumed by corruption and drowned in damnation. Won't you save these pitiful children?" The voice that attacked the minds of all the Rot Survivors was a familiar one. Across the carnage, Kestral or Glacir would be able to see one man that was acting strange, where others were either being eaten or fleeing, this tall mas steeped in feature-hiding fog calmly strolled through.

~~~~​

"What are they yapping about now?" The Captain looked volatile at the moment, the day of anti-climaxes building up into frustration for him, making some none too keen to approach him as he toyed with his cutlass menacingly. But somebody had to inform him of the coming shit storm and it was fairly decided, meaning that the first guy to be pushed out by the crew, that a stocky short lad would approach the Captian and tell him the news, muttering to the Old Man. "I told Timmy he shouldn't be sticking his head down any cannons. It would kill him one day" The small man shook his head and muttered again. "The ship is being overtaken by demonic flocks of fish?" Then solemnly "I knew this day would"

Tyrian did a double take. "I'm sorry, what-" But was unable to fully question the explanation when the waters rose up, allowing larger rotting fish to break through the surface and lunge for the nearest living creatures, one of which was Tyrian himself. Before he could gasp as he jumped back, hitting a wall, he found the Captain's blase had appeared in front of his face in mere seconds, now impaling a struggling and murderous creature in the center. "What the fuck is that!?"

"It is the day every seafaring bastard fears, where the knob ticklers and toe biters rise from the ocean to take their great vengeance upon the landlubbers, fueled only by their jealousy of the two-feet folk!" The, clearly delusional, Old Man continued, calling out to the wind as he howled with delight and disgust. "Semen shall rain from the skies, Jelly Fish will set the world alight and THE SKY WHALES WILL BREAK THROUGH THE CROWDS WEILDING GIANT COCKS!"

"...I'm not asking a single question right now" The Critter lunged forward, his short sword drawn now to cleave the next batch of scaley bastards in two. "It's a nice story and all, but I don't think this is the invasion of Erect Aquatics" He wanted time to look down and examine the creatures, but there was no room to pause or breathe as the horde was upon them, leaking over the side of the boat like a mighty wave crashing against the ship, pooling down and pushing through the floorboards as smoothly as water. "Best thing to do right now is to stay close and get to better position. I mean, they're fish on land, they can't be able to move that m-"

As he rounded a corner, he found a legion of trouts burrowing their way through the wood, tearing out the material like it was only sand with their bare teeth. "Oh shit, THEY'RE HEADING TO THE LOWER DECKS!" Most people could see that going inside would be a terrible decision to make, narrow corridors, restrained mobility, a very easy spot for an army of fish looking to devour your flesh to get you. But...

If Tyrian was worried about the holes created by firing rounds at the ship, he was terrified of the notion of what these little monsters could do if they started chewing through the bottom.

Glacir managed to reach the top deck, smacking aside any fish near him. Once he got some space, he drew his sword and returned his hammer to his belt. Breaking bones with a blunt-force object was an effective way to kill, but sometimes cutting the opposition in half was better. Glacir was shocked to see that many more fish were falling onto the boat. He started walking forward, cutting down any fish that got near him. Soon, he would see holes in the floor.
"Guess I'm not going back down..." he said to himself. After a few seconds he came to a horrifying realization.
"Shit! They're going to skin the damn ship at this rate!" Glacir raced to the other side of the deck. "TYRIAN!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?"

Before the woman before her answered Teresa caught the attention of a fish that had made its way aboard. It wasn't really alive, but not dead either. It flopped around and Teresa bowed down to meet it, but was met with a mouthful of teeth in her legs. She drew her sword and dispatched of it fairly quickly. But before she knew it the boat was filled with these creatures. Teresa could'nt think of others, at the moment she had to survive. She had been through worse, but at least back then she was prepared. She made her way to the upper deck and climbed the ladder to the sails. Where she sat in anticipation of it to be over.

Kestral stomped a fish into the deck beneath her foot, killing off another that lunged for her face. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the mist-enshrouded man, his mysterious voice and the words it said making her look off to the side to get a proper look at him. "And who the hell might you be?" she said irritably, looking back just in time to cut down a fish mid-air just before it's teeth bit into her face.

On the other side of the deck Glacir was screaming for Tyrian, the female looking back to see the strange man had disappeared. Had I imagined him? She wondered, heading over to Glacir and killing the mutant fish along the way. She reached the Dwemer, grabbing his shoulders to try and get him to focus his attention on her. "Look at me and concentrate! We need to stop these buggers before they eat their way through to the bottom of the ship. Killing them off one by one is going to be too much of an issue on our own so we need to figure out a plan of action." She suddenly swiveled, slicing through a fish launching above them before hunching down low to stab two that had been about to eat into Glacir's foot. "Where the hell is Tyrian and those other two that were here? If anyone is below deck they're going to get trapped quickly."

Glacir was a bit surprised when Kestral grabbed him, but he understood what she was saying.
"If we're going to keep the ship from sinking, we need to go back below deck and kill the fish that already made it down there. Maybe I can freeze some of the holes they're making." Glacir shot a blast of ice at a fish that tried to jump the two from behind. "Though if we are going to go back below deck, we will be at a bit of a disadvantage because of the enclosed space."

"What the hell!?" He pulls the mirror out of Tyrian's hands and looks closer. He doesn't feel any different, but the mirror doesn't lie. His eyes are glowing. And it's kinda cool albeit creepy. As he examines his eyes closely, Tyrian pulls his attention away with a question. "Magic men with no faces huh...well...now that you mention it," Jayden passes the mirror back and the memory of a recent dream hits his brain like a wave of a storm.

He remembered the speaking faceless man...with him in that weird floaty room...and he remembered the glowy liquid the thing fed him. "Yeah...it was a dream I had. He fed me this weird liquid then he mentioned something about destiny and a gift and what not? I'm not too sure though so don't take my word for it,"

At the mention of Raiken, Jayden's face glows up. "So you're from Oxis too huh? I'm not just any of Raiken's boys. I'm his best, surely you've heard of me if you're from Oxis, heh" he smirks pridefully.
--------------------
At the sound of the man screaming, Jayden focused his attention to where it came from. He watched as the man get devoured by fish into small chunks of meat. "okay that's messed up,"

Not long after more of the crew fell victim to the deadly fishes that jump from the waters and onto the ship, chomping onto anything that's living. "Whoa-kay guns back up," he pulls out his pistols again, ready to fire at anything that dates to life itself at him.

And then there was the voice...the voice that sounded eerily familiar. He looked around and his eyes met with a hidden figure shrouded in a thick fog surrounding him. Behind the figure he sees a horrifying scene coming the way of the ship. Like a giant wave rising and ready to crash onto shore. Just before this he saw merely helpless spirits and wandering spectres, now come more of them. But this time, they oozed off an aura that was different from the previous ones. Something felt off about them, Jayden felt it in his bones. His heart rate increases and each beat threatens to burst his chest open. He points his gun at the shrouded figure and takes a shot, but it whizzes straight through and the figure fades away into the fog. "Great, another one I can't shoot,"

Suddenly, one of the fishes start jumping onto him and he screams in shock. He pushes it away and blows it into pieces with his pistol. As more start to come, Jayden shows off his profiviprof with his weapons as one by one he blows away the incoming threat. He looks at Tyrian, "okay squirrel guy, I'm super lost as to what's going on right now. You've been awoke longer than I have so I leave the planning up to you. My hands serve your words, as much as that sucks,"

In the crows nest, Teresa was met with a tall figure, his back to her as he oversaw the chaos erupting on the ship. "Running away, are you? Leaving those beneath you to die in your place?" He kept his head low as his dark chuckle echoed before her. "Gifts are given, but abused. Disappointment right out the gate?"

Tyrian ducked underneath the lunge of another row of teeth just as Glacir's call of his name boomed across the deck. "In deep shit! Same as you!" Over the thundering ruckus of the skies above, he had to really yell, which really didn't help when he still had to concentrate on avoiding the hordes of rotting teeth. He looked back to Jayden, happy that the man wasn't too shaken up and had jumped right back into action upon the sudden fish attack. "Right, plan, plan, plan. The Fish are getting to the lower decks and chewing through the flooring, eventually, they're gonna reach the bottom. Hole in bottom means we're all fish food. Going down to the lower decks is about one step away from suicide, the fish have the advantage there, but it's the only option we have to round up the little buggers and stop this. So, we're going in"

With only a moment spared to nod, Tyrian pushed off of the wall and rushed around the corner, sweeping across the deck to reach the stairs once more. "Glacir, if you can hear me, I hope you've got some magic juices related to ice because if there's a hole down there we need something to plug it!" As he ran, his body knelt-down mid-step to pluck a limb from some poor sod's remains and throw it forward, attracting a group all into one spot as they fought for the meat. This made them a bigger target on the whole and easier to hit with his sword.

When he completed his journey, Tyrian placed himself beside the stairway entrance, looking down to where people were rushing up the stairs. "I hope you guys are ready!"

"That's the best chance we have!" Glacir yelled as he followed Tyrian. No amount of magic training had prepared Glacir for something like this, but when push comes to shove, you have to do what you have to do. Glacir sheathed his sword and grabbed his hammer.
"I hope this works."

"Down into the decks we go then," Jayden fires off a few more rounds at the sharp-teethed fishes flying towards him before speeding off to stand alongside Tyrian. He swiftly reloads his pistol like and has them up and ready again in mere seconds, pointing outwards with back facing Tyrian. "Whenever you're ready squirrel guy," Jayden's eyes scan around the deck to see and observe the chaos going on. The screams of people who fall victim to the fishes are all his eardrums pick up on other than the crashing waves. Suddenly, a tall Dwemer dude runs up to them and pulls out a hammer. He stands alongside them and seems to be an acquaintance of Tyrian. "Hey there Dwemer man, nice to meet you, name's Jayden,"

In the distance, Jayden spots the bird lady from before. "Hey bird lady! Care to join us?"

"Glacir. Hopefully we will live long enough to have a proper conversation," Glacir said, smashing another fish with his hammer.

The tall figure spoke to Teresa. He scared her, she remained quiet but was still interested in what he had to say. She thought about it, she was still scared. She had taken her hand on the blade of her sword. Ouch! She said. It was glowing hot. She quickly took it out of her scabbard. She lifted it up into the air, it was glowing with runes and symbols. She curiously looked at it. "Are you the one who -" she was interrupted by a flying fish, she had to concentrate on cutting up the flying fish. She was one coming, she readied her blade and cut through it like butter. Its guts spilled all over Teresa's leather coat. She was disgusted but surprised to see the sword even hotter and now glowing. She lifted it up into the air, she felt like doing it. It was destiny. It lit up, setting itself ablaze.

Last edited:
Tyrian waited for the people already on the stairs to pool out of the door in droves of bodies, he couldn't exactly push through them, but time was of the essence. When he saw an opening, he pushed off his feet and charged down the stairs, not really caring if he knocked anyone over or not. "Try to stay above the little buggers!" Oon the last step he removed himself with a hop, grabbing ahold of a nearby broom and using it to push himself over the floor and onto a fallen chair, the gaggle of fish already flopping down the corridor.

The Tall Figure, while having no visible face to express emotion, seemed very amused with Teresa's struggling with the sudden increase of fish. "The sharpest blade can light up the darkest days, but can also cut those who let their arrogance stray" Satisfied with her at least using her gift, the figure's form crumbled, as if a dummy knocked over with all of it's parts coming out. Before she'd even be able to inspect it, his arms, legs, head all replaced by fur, the cloak that once covered his body was now housed to an entire nest of rats. Nobody was in sight.

Back