Open [Mystery] Northward Department Wraith Taskforce (1x1)

For almost five years now in the sleepy town of Northward, the town’s miniscule police department has been chasing after the trail of a potential serial killer. At the forefront of the case e is Detective Sophie Erikson and her partner—both are fanatics about the case and have been doggedly pursuing the leads since the beginning. They still maintain hope in catching the killer despite multiple dead end leads and the mounting evidence that the supposed Northward Wraith is simply a series of unfortunate coincidences. However, Sophie knows for a fact that the killer is at large.

She’s the Wraith, after all.

Unbeknownst to her partner, she’s been killing the people of Northward ever since she started working as a detective. The policewoman had been killing opportunistically for years, armed with the know-how to make her crimes look like an accident and the position to fudge any evidence to the contrary. She’s been quite comfortably toeing the line between dogged truth-seeker and serial killer, savoring the thrill of being chased the whole time.

This was until one day when the police discovered a body. A body that wasn’t her work. Worse, the murder perfectly followed her modus operandi. After this, more bodies surface. Soon enough, the idea that the Northward Wraith is simply a bad series of coincidences is thoroughly dispelled and interest reignites. Out of state authorities are called in and previous cases are reopened, combing through cases that were previously considered accidents. To everybody else, this is simply the Wraith getting bold and sloppy. With the redoubled scrutiny, they’d catch the killer soon. Only Sophie and her partner from their familiarity of the killer’s methods know the truth.

This isn’t the Wraith. And this killer is taunting the other serial killer. Now the pair of detectives have to catch the second killer, for vastly different reasons.

———

Howdy folks, I'm looking for an RP partner willing to play the partner (if you really want to play Sophie, we can talk about it) and see this mystery through. I do decently lengthy posts so I'd ask that you try to match that. Any of the NPCs will probably also be played by me. This will be probably a lot of dialogue and investigation which we both can make up as we go along. It'll be a lot of collaboration, so good communication is preferable. Anyways, I'm excited to try so give me a holler if you're interested!

Back