• Harry Potter

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Moose

Squiddily diddily
Benefactor
@Lila Renn @GreenPhoenix3 @Rachel Rider All right, so we are decided on the premise of this but not the exact execution. I want us to have been stuck in a magical world that each of us chose for our characters. To that end I would like to take suggestions on where you thought we should have been trapped until we were ejected back into the mundane modern world. I would say this year modern, but we would have difficulty with the RP having no side characters. I'm in this for the shenanigans.

So setting is this year, but like... The world didn't catch fire. So the dumpster fire of modern life is going away, and the only reason it is set in the modern now day, is for tech advances and pop culture. Yes America just launched a rocket with astronauts to the ISS on their own soil in the past month, and yes it was awesome.

With that out of the way, background, I already threw out D and D and got a lukewarm response. Is there any setting someone else wants to offer, RPGs that are build reliant would be ones I would prefer, but if there's a fictional world in a book or movie we can all agree on, I'll go for that. I also want a high magic setting, becoming a wizard had to have been a choice we could have made.

Now I have a few additional suggestions.
Harry Potter: Would have been particularly cruel since their world looks so much like ours. You could go to a specific spot in a specific street and remember a magic thing that was supposed to be there but isn't.

The Elder Scrolls: Without the ability to get good at everything.

The Witcher: Obviously you could have become a witcher, there wouldn't be a point to using this world if you weren't.

Anyways, like I said, I'm open to suggestions.

I agree about the modern setting and it makes sense. But one question I have, will our characters be related or just friends that ended up in this new fantasy world? I ask because if they come back, will we be dealing with the same side characters or different ones for each character.

For the worlds you suggested I do like The Witcher or the Elder Scrolls.

One suggested world I have is World of Warcraft (the PC game about the green/brown orcs and with the Alliance vs the Horde)? That world has wizards, rouges, paladins, but also the other worldly creatures (orcs, night elves, gryffins, etc.). This could be super weird for our characters because suddenly, the people they were fighting against or with, don’t exist anymore.

I would prefer siblings, but we could all be friends. We would mostly be dealing with the same side characters but if you want a character to be your characters rival from before the adventure, you definitely can. (or something along those lines)

I don't know about using Azeroth as I personally don't have much experience in it. I do know about it by reputation and would be open to it if that's the only one you guys could agree on.

Alternatively we could have all hated each other before our adventures. That could be interesting to deal with, but the point is we need to be spending a lot of time together now that we are back, siblings would just make it easier.

Umm, we could also do Star Wars, granted there are no wizards in that but there's Jedi......Um, there's also Lord of the Rings which could lead to one of our characters falling in love with one of those very beautiful elves. Of course, there's Narnia. And if we want to go full-on Disney we could do like we transported into one of the films, like Frozen or Tangled? If we did Frozen, we could do a wizard of the element type thing (basing this off of Frozen 2). Sorry.....just throwing out ideas.

You're fine, it just looks like everyone but me wants other, and I would like to know if there is an other that the other two have

I'm seeing three votes for other, what's your suggestion for the fantasy world we use?

I’d agree with most of GreenPhoenix3’s ideas. I’m down for anything tbh, since my character wil probably have been more of a warrior than anything magic.

Oh, well I had just the four:

Lord of the Rings

Azeroth (World of Warcraft)

Star Wars (granted no wizards but Jedis)

Frozen 2 (where it would be after the movie the elemental spirits go haywire after a dark wizard (maybe Hans) from the Southern Isles creates a mirror that traps magic within itself to give to the user. The trolls give a prophecy about 4 elemental wizards that Elsa needs to find (our characters). Hans also finds out about the prophecy and is using shadow minions to help find the 4. When we arrived maybe we ended up in Corona which because of the seasonal haywire, is now Iceland or something. They take us to Arendelle after Rapunzel gets a letter from Anna. Other things could happen too. But in the end, we destroy the mirror, defeat Hans, restore balance, blah, blah, blah. But we couldn't go back because it would be unbalanced. So we lived in the land until Hans/dark magic forcefully sends us back to our world).

Which one of those do you prefer @Moose?

Lord of the rings has angels, not wizards. Star wars is cool, but I was looking more for intelligence based casting, not midichlorians. Frozen had more magic than the elements but that's also all they had. Everyone else was mundane.

I could go with Azeroth, but I would prefer the witcher since you're all saying you don't mind which world we use. Also I just looked up the name of the witcher world and it's "the continent"

Anyways, so, final call, Witcher or Azeroth?

I'm assuming Lila is cool with Witcher as well since they have not responded to this. Now we just need to build our little adventure.

A prophecy, like of our return or of our adventures? No on return, yes on adventures if you like. I want full despondance, we are never going back to the world that is our new home

Back